• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Pitzer anything Pit related (Mechanics, and Technical stuff)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Seems interesting enough i mean its not useful though it this is true people can force us to tech and punish us... Think of the options if someone else knew about this..

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
He is an Angel who originally cannot fly. Its a reference to Icarus in Greek Mythology he created wings flew while the sun was out the wax melted off his wings he fell and died.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Could someone tell me the frames for the ART, SHART, and LART. Failing that, could you tell me how to get the "feel" for them? that's a pit tech i have yet to completely master.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
nobody has mastered it since like sagemoon and kupo. no1 practices it enough to get it down perfect. hmm.... that's my new project is getting the timing down on that shiz. also katana koden said it's every 11th landing frame or something weird like that

Xcallion

Smash Ace
I'm still waiting for you to come up with a way to reduce arrow draw/bow drop lag. <3 dont forget to work on that too.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ptzr, what are the exact frames that pit's WOI will cancell hitbox moves like snake's tilts, nado, people's jabs and smashes, you know, physical hitboxes? what are the exact frames that this happens during because i have a new AT in mind and if it works out the way im thinking, it will literally change up our entire defensive game.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
nobody has mastered it since like sagemoon and kupo. no1 practices it enough to get it down perfect. hmm.... that's my new project is getting the timing down on that shiz. also katana koden said it's every 11th landing frame or something weird like that
True, but ART is very useful on the ledge-getup. If we find a way to do this consistently, then it will improve our game even more. I've seen KY do it a few times in his vids:

Edit: Oh snap, I didn't notice this till now, but KY drop-shield, shutter smash f-smash KO for the kill! So good--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RXZpKjLogJk#t=117s

ART: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RXZpKjLogJk#t=252s

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Can a FF Fair > Infinite Jab work on every character?
Uhhh... I don't think we can do this to anyone lol. Should be too much landing lag from the fair.
True, but ART is very useful on the ledge-getup. If we find a way to do this consistently, then it will improve our game even more. I've seen KY do it a few times in his vids:

Edit: Oh snap, I didn't notice this till now, but KY drop-shield, shutter smash f-smash KO for the kill! So good--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RXZpKjLogJk#t=117s

ART: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RXZpKjLogJk#t=252s
Uhh who is KY does he have anything that isn't two years old?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
are you sure it isn't the whole time we are invincible (1-4)? i mean if your 100% sure on this then i believe you but your wording doesn't sound too sure of itself if that makes sense

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I could never seem to cancel disjointed hitboxes like ike's fair and such. Hmm idk. Weird requirements?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yet i know for a fact it cancells snake's disjointed hitbox's. i wonder if this has to do with transcendent priority? but then why would it clank with some of MK's grounded attacks? mayb it involves knockback? but then why the hell would it clank with snake's utilt and not ike's fair? soooo many questions, no PTZR here to answer them. where for art thou PTZR? ima go check in the old guide, do some good ol fashioned research.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well it clacks with certain moves that also come out on the same frame. Like if you time it correctly vs snakes tilt it clashes sometimes. That also Depends on percents and stale moves.

Edit: I was in NC for a tourney. That's why I haven't responded for the past 2 days.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Ike's aerials can't clank with anything. Apart from MK's dash attack which doesn't have transcendent priority, I have never seen WoI cancel any of MK's ground move Oo
Also, I don't think I've ever seen WoI "cancel" any aerial, is that possible? I can't picture it x)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Up B can cancel certain moves. I don't know what kind of moves i think they have to have low priority. I.e: Luigi's Fire Ball, Certain Jabs, and Uh sometimes first hit of snakes ftilt

fUddO

Smash Ace
Ike's aerials can't clank with anything. Apart from MK's dash attack which doesn't have transcendent priority, I have never seen WoI cancel any of MK's ground move Oo
Also, I don't think I've ever seen WoI "cancel" any aerial, is that possible? I can't picture it x)
Aerials don't clank, they trade. That's true about everyone, lol.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
It's so old that even I knew about it. See the 8 month old comment by me.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Jab twice to D-smash works on floaty mid weights. Like Lucas, Rob and I think Pit himself.
Jab grab works on anyone who doesn't have an abusable up-b.
Jab Dtilt works only off stage.
Jab, Jab f-smash isn't really safe so you should stutter step back then do it.

Top Bottom