• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At long last, Presenting GSH2, a Brawl+ Nightly Test Set and Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Ok guys, first off I want to apologize for how long it took to get this set finalized. The Air Dodge fix took a lot longer to find a workable fix than I originally thought it would. Fortunately it didn't take much to implement once I got rolling.

The WBR Proudly Presents: GSH2

Download: http://www.brawlplus.net/download/ (just scroll down till you see GSH2)

A couple notes. First, this is officially just a nightly for now. Please bring any glitches or technical concerns here to be addressed by the WBR. I have hopes that this is a very solid set, however, and barring any trouble spots I think we can upgrade its status to Official Beta before very long. Once that happens, we're going to try a repeat of the RC1 strategy, where we leave things to develop and see where the chips fall, probably until March or April if the set goes Beta before Pound.

Second, I don't have a file made for the Snapshot Loader, because I don't have the software to do it anymore. If someone would like to make one, the text file is on the site, and just talk to Bionic about putting it up. The updatifiers for everything else should be already working or working very shortly, however.

Second, there's no changelist yet. This is partly because it's still being finalized, and should be posted in the next couple days. But it's also because I would prefer to see people come to me with genuine gameplay issues.

That's all I've got for now, everyone enjoy!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
IF YOUR WII FREEZES WHEN GOING TO Group > Brawl, DELETE common5.pac FROM sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system

And just a moderator's notice -- please keep this on-topic (no "Yay! It's released!", or side-comments that aren't feedback, explanation, data analysis, etc) or I'll infract/warn you guys. This was an issue in the GSH1 thread and I'm keeping it from happening in this thread.

Triangle.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I've been loving the GSH1, so this should be fun. Oh, and fyi I did fix my inf. B^ code that wasn't working; it was the latest build (GSH1) causing the problem. The conditional action modifier and Up special momentum were conflicting with it. :p So, anything major changed?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Was my Ness PK Fire change implemented? Because if Ness is the same I'm probably not going to play this build :/

His gameplays really stale atm

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
The biggest change in this set is just the removal of NADT. I confess I took the easy way out here. I would have liked to make a code for Plum's idea or something similar, actually changing the windows during which the game checked for allowing you to air dodge. But I couldn't figure it out, so I used MK26's idea of extending the vulnerability period on air dodges straight from tumble.

If methods come to light that make the other ideas possible, we might distribute unofficial sets for people to try, and decide what's the best fit for Brawl+. For now though, I think this will work well enough.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
The biggest change in this set is just the removal of NADT. I confess I took the easy way out here. I would have liked to make a code for Plum's idea or something similar, actually changing the windows during which the game checked for allowing you to air dodge. But I couldn't figure it out, so I used MK26's idea of extending the vulnerability period on air dodges straight from tumble.

If methods come to light that make the other ideas possible, we might distribute unofficial sets for people to try, and decide what's the best fit for Brawl+. For now though, I think this will work well enough.
*clicks 'like' button*

What else can we expect? Anything big and character-specific?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Hmm,, I'm using the autoupdater and getting the version without team textures and CSP because i dont want to overwrite my texture, so I'm wondering, what changed in the csp since RC1?(i didnt overwrite it on GS1 either)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Nothing changed, only the fighter PAC's and the GCT itself changed

Alphatron

Smash Champion
So the ugrav changes aren't in? ;_;

Edit: Link to the updatifier on the site is still down. Autoupdater won't work on a school pc since I'm not the administrator.

yami_sora

Smash Journeyman
I'm not rushing you to get a changelist out since of course you want it to be well written and accurate, but don't you think leaving it out for a few days would cause a lot of placebo effects? Then it would lead to a lot of incorrect speculation and whining, especially when people aren't necessarily sure what they should be looking for in their characters.

The Cape

Smash Master
The changelist leads to speculation and whining. Actual gameplay is the only way to get the accurate look at what you are playing. All the changes made were tested, retooled, tested again for well over 100 hours. Had multiple tournament level groups playing this and commenting on it to bring it to where it is now.

The changelist (and has MANY times in the past) makes people assume that they know how a change will act without ever trying it and generally it turns out to be something completely different. Learn what works and doesnt through gameplay, dont wait on some list to tell you what changed and then assume you know what is different.

The final set (if this is it) will come coupled with a vBrawl to current change list for any and all newcomers for certain so they know what to expect, but for now (and was said in the main post) play it and bring legitimate feedback to the thread.

Alphatron: Not true. Characters were all looked at in depth to make sure they are as balanced as can be.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I'm confused. Were any characters changed at all then? ; _ ;

I do hope the changelist gets added. I like looking into the changes that I see on the list, then having a good time playing, WITH the new changes in mind. If you're just playing you might not notice some things.

Any stage changes at all?

Really, was anything changed besides the NADT going away?

The Cape

Smash Master
All characters were looked at in detail, changes were made as deemed neccesary. Its best to go to training and look over your character and see how things work and feel.

Which is what you should be doing anyway, instead of reading a change list and feeling you know how it affects your character.

eisley

Smash Cadet
So Ganon's Dthrow changes spike near the edge if he grabs someone there...its like BBrawl D3 Dthrow changes...prevented something and made another thing worse. :(

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...I've been wondering this for the longest time, but what does GSH even mean? -_o'

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
Well... I'm downloading now. Time to check it out. I'll post my findings once I give it a test run.

The Cape

Smash Master
So Ganon's Dthrow changes spike near the edge if he grabs someone there...its like BBrawl D3 Dthrow changes...prevented something and made another thing worse. :(
Meteor cancellable, DIable, and have to be at the edge. You can DI in and tech on this bad boy on most stages.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...I might actually believe that. If no one gave me an answer, I would've assumed it meant Grab Some Hiney. XD

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Great night... Really looking forward to giving this a go, but TF2 update comes first.
I looked at some of the characters the pro way.
All the cool kids open up the PAC files from GSH1 and GSH2 and compare.

The Cape

Smash Master
Plum is my hero.

Make a changelist in depth while you are at it and get together with VietGeek and help him with the PAL conversions. GoGogogogogogogogo

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I want combos, not sloppy strings :mad:

These builds are getting more and more tech chasey.
If combos are easy mode then I need moar easy mode because easy mode is fun :/

Will there be a future build where characters are heavier or there's a bit more HS?

The Cape

Smash Master
Considering nothing has changed about the hitstun from the first GSH you guys are all whacked out of your minds.

Also tech chasing > free combos. ****ing RC1 Ness V.V

Valtrox, try jumping out of Falco shine.

Also **** you. Its not a welcome back. Its a beating face in back

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If you don't understand the importance of tech chasing then you need to learn up on your Melee combo game.

Small combo>string>tech chase>small combo offstage>gimp.
GG. It's the glue that holds everything together.

eisley

Smash Cadet
Meteor cancellable, DIable, and have to be at the edge. You can DI in and tech on this bad boy on most stages.
I can see that being possible...in fact, this is great. no more chain grab on FFers and skill required on the rare edge grab. :embarrass

The Cape

Smash Master
Not to mention sheild grab > sideB tech chases.

Its the perfect benefit to his game and removed the stupidity of the CG.

Edit: And its manly as ****!

eisley

Smash Cadet
Not to mention sheild grab > sideB tech chases.

Its the perfect benefit to his game and removed the stupidity of the CG.

Edit: And its manly as ****!
manly as **** ftw. god! curse you christmas break! Now I have to wait until after new years to wreck my friend's ROB in a new way...on the brightside, a new year's worth of **** will begin soon. :lick:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Also tech chasing > free combos. ****ing RC1 Ness V.V
Dont even remind me. Ness is like a Russian ***** in B+, up and down and up and down... on the tier list :urg:

But free combos are do not want. I want combos that require you to read DI. Atm every move and their mother hits at an angle where you'd need to have telepathy or be some generic anime character to reach them, unless they hit straight up, then you can combo for like 2 moves and then gb2camping with fair or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom