• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At long last, Presenting GSH2, a Brawl+ Nightly Test Set and Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Would making a .gct through something other than Code Manager have any side effects? I'm primarily talking about the Wiibrew program, Cheat Manager (got it recently for massive convenience). I've double-checked to make sure I have the momentum codes checked and they aren't working.

shanus

Smash Hero
Would making a .gct through something other than Code Manager have any side effects? I'm primarily talking about the Wiibrew program, Cheat Manager (got it recently for massive convenience). I've double-checked to make sure I have the momentum codes checked and they aren't working.
if you made your own GCT and codes aren't working, then the answer should be obvious that you messed up somewhere :p

Just re-download the GCT, or the text file from the site and recompile without altering any main codes.

@Bionic, SDHC wouldn't effect the GCT codes, only pac loads i think

shapular

Smash Ace
For the love of God, fix Ganon please. He's so broken. 4 or 5 hits and you're in kill range, and he has at least 3 kill moves that aren't hard to hit with. On top of that, he's heavy and hard to edgeguard.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
do you have an SDHC card?
Standard SD, 1GB.

if you made your own GCT and codes aren't working, then the answer should be obvious that you messed up somewhere :p

Just re-download the GCT, or the text file from the site and recompile without altering any main codes.

The problem is, I have re-downloaded it several times. I might give it one more go, but beyond that I don't know what's left to try.

shanus

Smash Hero
Standard SD, 1GB.

The problem is, I have re-downloaded it several times. I might give it one more go, but beyond that I don't know what's left to try.
Are all other codes working aside from momentum?

Where are you placing your GCT file?

How are you loading the GCT file?

Are there any other code files in /codes/?

What is the name of the file?

Are you US or PAL?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Are all other codes working aside from momentum?

Where are you placing your GCT file?

How are you loading the GCT file?

Are there any other code files in /codes/?

What is the name of the file?

Are you US or PAL?
At first, the auto-canceling wasn't working. I fixed that by putting in all of the .pac's. Started getting freezes and was told that common5.pac is the problem, so I removed that. I have a fairly good feeling the rest of the codes are working. Shield stun should be for sure (or shield grabbing would be imba like in vBrawl). No sweetspotting code works.

sd:/codes/rsbe01.gct

Loading through GeckOS 1.9.1 (I know of 1.9.3, but I heard of problems with it and other related codes; maybe this is the problem though?)

Mario Kart Wii, LoZ:TP, SMG, MP3:C, SPM; that would be a yes.

RSBE01.gct

US

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
For the love of God, fix Ganon please. He's so broken. 4 or 5 hits and you're in kill range, and he has at least 3 kill moves that aren't hard to hit with. On top of that, he's heavy and hard to edgeguard.

...no he's not.

ganon gets camped pretty easily too. and still has some weaknesses that you can abuse to victory.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I thought ROB's side-B momentum was directly in the PAC? o_O

As for Ganon, he's not that overpowered...he still suffers from low priority.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
I thought ROB's side-B momentum was directly in the PAC? o_O

As for Ganon, he's not that overpowered...he still suffers from low priority.
Not calling for nerfs here, but I only notice that low priority kicking in when you head shot him (which isn't too hard to do given his size). Otherwise head on attacks seem to either have you both go flying or put him in a better position more often than not.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Interesting... I fixed my problem simply by placing the updated .gct file in the codes folder under the geckOS app rather than the code folder on the base of the SD. I'm not sure why just momentum (and maybe something else) was affected, but I'm very happy that I can use Zero Link, Geno, and Falcon to burn through SSE in a far more enjoyable way now.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Ganon is nothing compared to Bowser if you think this way. Ganon can't crawl through attacks and has a worse recovery in comparison.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
and anyone who wants to play against them over wifi.

and anyone who wants to play way too aggressive.

and anyone who can't exploint their various weaknesses.

and anyone who simply just isnt good enough against the ganon/boozer user.

the list goes on.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I wasn't calling either one broken in the slightest.

Though I'm not sure how I feel about Ness fair approach, dash attack, and PK Fire being useless against Bowser crouch.

Veril

Frame Savant
and anyone who simply just isnt good enough.
:laugh:

indeed. People who aren't good at matchups usually lose them.

I feel about Ness fair approach, dash attack, and PK Fire being useless against Bowser crouch.
You should feel awful about it... and use other moves if bowser is crawling. If Bowser had a sick (sheik-esque) crawl-dash I could see this being an issue, but he doesn't. I love Bowser's crawl armor.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Can I troll with my colored name? Or does no one respect this color anymore :(
I used to have a spiffy colored name, now I have to settle on trolling with a generic colored name.

:012: ya i helped vietgeek make it and the idea was adopted via shell and his lucan boys

this does not solve momentum issues obv
Whatever happened that made you start talking to yourself? Its kind of arousing.

and anyone who wants to play against them over wifi.

and anyone who wants to play way too aggressive.

and anyone who can't exploint their various weaknesses.

and anyone who simply just isnt good enough against the ganon/boozer user.

the list goes on.
Or you could just say GHNeko and be done with it. :3

And to make this post relevant, every character with a bad matchup in Brawl+ is terrible. Fix it plz.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Interesting... I fixed my problem simply by placing the updated .gct file in the codes folder under the geckOS app rather than the code folder on the base of the SD. I'm not sure why just momentum (and maybe something else) was affected, but I'm very happy that I can use Zero Link, Geno, and Falcon to burn through SSE in a far more enjoyable way now.

That doesn't even make sense...but O.K, I'm happy for you O_o

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Bowser loses to grabs.

Learn to grab.
Indeed. That's why I sub Dedede.

That doesn't even make sense...but O.K, I'm happy for you O_o
Codes don't make perfect sense. A while back my friend had a problem where his SD card would ONLY load the brawl+ character pacs, but not the textures or the music. He turned off his Wiiconnect24 and all of a sudden they started working again. I have no idea why.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Good to hear. I missed your post earlier saying you were using GCT Edit or whatever it's called; I could never get that program to work right either. Just stick with the original Code Manager is my suggestion :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom