• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATL Revival: The Reawakening 1/15/2011 ATL, GA

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
JUST LIKE ALWAYS, I WAS JUST ASKED TO SERVE COPY/PASTA. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, MSG Impact Clash ON HERE, OR CALL STACY OR SOMETHING.

Thought the Impact Crew fell off? Thought we were done? No way! We were taking a few steps back and scoping the scene out. Anyhow, in 2011 we will continue to bring you back to back monthlies like your expected. This room is much larger than our past venues for Revival. No more gaps in our schedule! Without further adue the first GA tournament of the decade:

When: January 15th, 2010

Where:
Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30313-1591

Room A408

Door fee: $10

Spectator fee: $5

10 a.m. begins registration
12:30 p.m. registration end
1 p.m. tournament begins

Running late? Call us or text us at 404-954-0243

Bring your own Controller/Stick

If you bring a setup your door fee is waived. Please guys we need a few setups to ensure a nice smooth tournament even though we don't have many games running. I hope you guys come through with the setups. Please, please please bring Street Fighter IV setups. We don't want another IC4 situation again

Riding Marta:
If you take Marta to the GWCC ride the train all the way to the GWCC/GA Dome/CNN train station. It's one train station west of Five Points train station. When you get off the train go up the escalator and go to your left, up the stairs. Look to your right and you'll see the GWCC buildling. It's that simple.

Remember parking is $10 at the GWCC.

Live Stream will be at the tournament
Catch our live stream of the event at Impact_Clash on USTREAM: Streamers of video game fighting tournaments. :).
If you can't make it we will have a stream up for all you stream monsters!

All games will be $10 entrance fee
Double Elimination
Standard tournament rounds (3 for 3D, 2 for 2D)
3/5 winners
3/5 losers
4/7 grand finals
Winner keeps same character/teams in ALL GAMES

Games:

Tekken 6 $10
Playstation 3
Best 3 out of 5 matches
2 out of 3
No button mapping allowed (I.E. RP+RK)

Super Street Fighter IV: $10
Playstation 3
2 out of 3 matches
2 out of 3 sets
No button mapping (Except 3x Punch and 3x Kicks)

Marvel Vs Capcom 2: $5
2 out of 3 sets

Blazblue Continum Shift $10
Best 2 out of 3 matches
2 out of 3 sets

Street Fighter III: Third Strike $5
PS2
Best 2 out of 3 matches
Best 2 out of 3 sets

Super Smash Bros: Brawl $10
Wii
Rules will be posted in our Smash Boards Thread

Super Smash Bros: Melee $10
Wii/Gamecube
Rules will be posted in our Smash Boards Thread

Melty Blood (Japanese Playstation 2)
2 out of 3
Earth Stage
Winner keeps same character and moon phase

Rules may change at any time. Hope to see you guys there.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who plan on coming to make things easier I have created a pre-registration list that's easy to fill out (no up front payment required or anything it's just so everyone can have a unified list to look at). I know it's late it the thread but if you plan on attending please fill this out so we can have a good idea at how many people are coming and with what equipment you are bringing.

Click here to fill out the registration form this will help us out alot so we will know what kind of crowd to expect it only takes 30 seconds to a minute to fill out and let's us know what how to prepare for the event:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEVicUV1alB2Q0g0ZTZGcDJUNE05NHc6MQ

Click here to view who has registered:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuTxvz3r_gsOdEVicUV1alB2Q0g0ZTZGcDJUNE05NHc&hl=en#gid=0

Please us the BBR's ruleset
same character/team throughout set is a no-no
That will be the ruleset we will use.

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, a couple questions here: what is the actual date for this? I've read both 11th/12th of January and 15th of January, which one is it?

also, is melee even going to happen? (that's what I'd come for)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If David can go, i'll go. He'll probably bring friends. Who else is expected or intent on going?

Edit: What will suffice as a setup to the event? The standard TV + Wii + Brawl, or just Wii and Brawl?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
so... nobodys coming to this?
Real talk, I imagine there'll be some brawl there.

I'm hard pressed to believe melee will happen because "according to GA melee, nobody goes to a tourney if it's not spammed on their AIM for 2 months straight", so -shrug-.

I'll be there, and I'm gunna BRING melee although I highly doubt I'll enter it.
hey guys, a couple questions here: what is the actual date for this? I've read both 11th/12th of January and 15th of January, which one is it?

also, is melee even going to happen? (that's what I'd come for)
Date = 15th. That's something I CAN answer for them.

Melee happening...-shrug-.

Edit: What will suffice as a setup to the event? The standard TV + Wii + Brawl, or just Wii and Brawl?
That's something you want to pm them about. I forget what they do if you don't bring a tv.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
This is still going on right? Is this tourney dedicated to Brawl or are other events taking place?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Will anybody be able to house for this? Im coming from mobile,al.
I guess i could. I CANNOT and WILL NOT have a ride home for you the next day. You're welcome to stay over if you have to. I'm less than a half hour from the venue, so it's not harsh on your gas expenses.
DISCLAIMER: I may be attending this. I have to ask David if he want's to go, if he does, i could get a ride with him and some friends. Until i ask, i am unconfirmed. Don't make me your key housing, so have a backup stayplace if something arises, like a hotel or something. PM me for more info.
Hmm, looks interesting. I might be able to go to this, haha.
It's been quite a while, Huggles. I'd like to see you in state :D
Please us the BBR's ruleset
same character/team throughout set is a no-no
Yes and no to this.
I don't mind the "Winner keeps character" rule, but the new BBR ruleset seems a bit, insufficient. It'd also be better to post a format, to make things easier. Other than that, i'm hype on making an attendance =)

DRN

Smash Lord
I might be coming for this. Not 100% sure but ima try. If i do i'll prob bring a full set up.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
It's on the 15th. Sorry for the confusion guys! We are having Brawl and Melee at the tournament (or attempting to). :-)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I might attend this depending on the number of people interested. get your peoples to post in this thread please.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
David said that he should be able to go. He's going to bring friends.

Dyno, most of the people that are intent on going filled out the survey posted on the last page. There's results in the same post. The gametag I signed up with is Glo-W, for any confusion. David nor his friends haven't filled out the survey quite yet.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
I might attend this depending on the number of people interested. get your peoples to post in this thread please.
Well that settles it. You all need to show up so that Dynomite may grace us with his presence.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
David said that he should be able to go. He's going to bring friends.

Dyno, most of the people that are intent on going filled out the survey posted on the last page. There's results in the same post. The gametag I signed up with is Glo-W, for any confusion. David nor his friends haven't filled out the survey quite yet.
Thanks! Gonna look into it.

Well that settles it. You all need to show up so that Dynomite may grace us with his presence.
I'm glad finally someone understands.

Good to see people rank me as such a high leveled player in their minds and enjoy my company.

:glare:

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Sup Georgia. Gainesville's having an event soon! If you are interested, just click on my signature. All the info is there. (melee only, sorry brawlers :()

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
David is still undecided, i should have an answer by tomorrow. Fwop may be able to go, so we can look forward to him getting active in the scene. If David says he can't go, i'll ask him if he can still drive me and Fwop, but if not, can anyone offer a drive on the way to Revival? Me and him can help pay for gas. I live about 30 minutes from the venue.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I really hope a good number of people show up to this for Melee. My friends and I are interested in going, but I'm concerned about the potential lack of attendance (especially since it's $10 to enter, and if it's like, 3 other people, then it's gonna be a waste).

mercy

Smash Apprentice

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
I'll probably marta to this...unless I get a ride of course. Hopefully there will be a decent turnout!

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Real talk, I imagine there'll be some brawl there.

I'm hard pressed to believe melee will happen because "according to GA melee, nobody goes to a tourney if it's not spammed on their AIM for 2 months straight", so -shrug-.

I'll be there, and I'm gunna BRING melee although I highly doubt I'll enter it.

Date = 15th. That's something I CAN answer for them.

Melee happening...-shrug-.

That's something you want to pm them about. I forget what they do if you don't bring a tv.
if you bring melee i'll play with you
if i'm going to this then i'll have melee with me also.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Can any1 stop by Georgia Tech and give me a ride plz? It would b very much appreciated! Thx!
I REALLY want to see this guy there. Someone please help him out!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Can any1 stop by Georgia Tech and give me a ride plz? It would b very much appreciated! Thx!
If your @ Tech, I'm pretty sure you can ride the Marta to this place. I'm thinking about going, is there anyone else? & is this like a big conference or something?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Before I forget, I'm gunna try to tweet updates for this. I mean, I'm not gunna be able to have all updates cause I'm gunna be playing stuff, but I'll try.
http://twitter.com/Dogysamich

if you bring melee i'll play with you
if i'm going to this then i'll have melee with me also.
Aight. I'll play a few.

I'm not gunna lie though, I'm not going to be too keen on sitting down for a long time playing. I'm not going to pull punches on the matter; if I was REALLY hellbent on playing melee tomorrow (which I havent been since TO6) i'da took myself up to NC for G6.

Top Bottom