• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlanta Revival RETURNS June 26th 2010 Atlanta, Georgia

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta Revival RETURNS June 26th 2010 Atlanta,Georgia

The New Season for the Atlantic South Division now begins.
In the wake of Final Round XIII, it's success seen all over the United States and a bit across seas, The Impact Clash Crew Returns with yet another of it's Monthly installments, this time with a banging new look, Permanent Location and many many more improvements!!!

So without Further lag (get it)

June 26th 2010

The venue is located in a suite of office building's If you have any
problems call us at (404) 954-0243/(404)399-1920

Ramada Atlanta Airport Conference Center
1380 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30344 US

Directions Via Marta
- Ride to College Park Train Station
- Take Bus 72 Lets you off right across the street from the venue.
- Harrison & Virginia Ave is the exact location

If you have any problems reaching the venue by bus call (404) 954-0243/(404)399-1920 for help

Venue Fee:
$10.00 Per Person

New Registration and Start Time:
Registration begins at 1:30pm ALL TOURNAMENTS Begin at 3pm NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Games in Attendance:

SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL+MELEE: (Nintendo Wii)
(Bring Your Own Stick/Controller)
Game Fee: $10.00
POT BALANCE SPLIT: 60%-30%-10%

GEARS OF WAR 2: (X-Box 360)
(Bring your own controller and head set)
5v5 Teams $50.00 Per Team (Basically $10.00 per head)
2v2 Wing-man Teams $20.00 Per Team (Basically $10.00 per head)
POT BALANCE SPLIT: 60% 25% 15%

SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4: (Playstation 3)

TEKKEN 6 (Playstation 3)

Equipment Waivers:
Full set up meaning Television,Video Game+Console, Your entry Fee is waived!!!
1/2 set up meaning console or tv, half off entry fee!!!

In order to qualify for Equipment Waivers, you must contact the Impact Clash Crew/Impact Players via
Email:
GaGamingscene@gmail
GamGamingelite@gmail
Once Email Confirmation is reached, your names will be added to the list, visible here in this thread on a first come first served basis, you will also be added to a list for PERMANENT Equipment door fee waivers for future Atlanta Revivals!!

Please sign up, with all your information, all your games so the tournament can run as smooth as possible, EXAMPLE:
Full Name:
Full Handle: Cool-Breeze/Lord-Iceman
Game/Games: Tekken 6 & Super SF4

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
Food and Beverages will be sold at this venue, please keep us up to date with what it is you all like to eat, drink & snack on while at thees tournaments.
Right now Our list goes as follows:

GATORADE (Bottles) $1.50
POWERADE (Bottles) $1.25
Water (Bottles) $1.00
Chips (Zip Lock bagged for more quantity) $.50
CupCakes (Homemade) Please notify us of icing types, sprinkles etc $.50
Cookies (Homemade) Please notify us of what types etc $.50
Microwave Popcorn (Cheese-Extra Butter-Plain) $.75

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
still tryin to scratch up some money for this.

I'm under the assumption that if I make it I won't really have enough money to enter (lol go figure), but it aint 'bout all that.

AND I WANNA SEE THE BRANH HYPE!

U.S.A.!
U.S.A.!

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Going to this.

Please someone bring some Melee & Brawl setups. I'd bring mine, but I can't (I have an engagement prior to this. :()

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Gunna be doing twitter updates:

*Click to follow*

Priority:
SSBM: High (if it even happens lol)
SSF4: Normal
T6: Normal
GoW2: High (that outta be some lols in a half)
SSBB: Low *save like, finals seeing as winner gets free ride to NC*

___

Probably not going to enter melee. All I really want is some practice, that and super (especially some PS3 super)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Dogy, any chance that you can come to spsu today for smash/housing and then go to atl revival from there?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i could do either or, but the variables that go with it make me want to stay at home.

Because I could do a combination of

1) going to evans
2) going to spsu
3) going to a smashfest in town
4) going to play ssf4 in town
5) driving myself up to and around the ATL area
6) getting a ride up to ATL

_

here's something: if i drive to either one of those places, do I have to drive myself to ATL-R? If no, can i bring a setup?

cause now, you guys are asking me to spent ~$20 dollars that i dont specifically HAVE to spend.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone at the spsu smashfest is going to atlanta revival, so you wouldn't have a ride. Maybe Tubes, but that's just a guess.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh god my plans got ***** so hard today and I knew it was gunna happen.

So I was gunna go play melee today in town, turns out the place was closed (which is hilarious, cause it's ONLY open on friday from 8-11, so it being closed makes no sense). Wound up going to my friend's house to play ssf4. Come to find out, the guy who's supposed to drive ME to atl-r tomorrow cant/doesnt want to drive anymore, so now I'm driving.

It's ok, because i have apparently convinced yet another person that SSF4 sakura is "broke' :psycho::psycho::psycho:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Currently Tweeting ATL Revival updates:

Click a T somewhere in here, it's probably mine.

edit:
doing more ****
for a t
to show up
to click this one
good

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I win.

Calvin came in second.

Micaelis in third.

It was a six-man round robin. Oh well--Free registration to Raleigh, YAY~

Umby

Smash Master
Lost my earphones here.

Wondering why Reflex didn't get an MLG Pass even though he asked if he'd be able to with such a low turnout, BEFORE we started playing.

GA Brawl sucks.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Lost my earphones here.

Wondering why Reflex didn't get an MLG Pass even though he asked if he'd be able to with such a low turnout, BEFORE we started playing.

GA Brawl sucks.
I win.

Calvin came in second.

Micaelis in third.

It was a six-man round robin. Oh well--Free registration to Raleigh, YAY~

So this didn't happen?

Maan sponsors need to step it up.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ok, before i say my following statement, people need to understand that I'm not with the ATL crew in the sense of a tourney organizer. I'm just a somewhat respected melee player because I show up to ****.

__

With that being said, lol it makes perfect sense for them not to do it. You literally cannot THROW money at the GA atl south brawl community.

This is the second tourney series that has LITERALLY THROWN MONEY STRAIGHT AT THE BRAWL COMMUNITY AND YOU GUYS DONT SHOW UP. I swear I wanna crack and play that trash game so bad just for the free money.

From what I've been told, no reflex didn't get the free trip. Why? SIX ****ING ENTRANTS. HOW DOES BRAWL HAVE SIX ENTRANTS? HOW MANY DID LAST ATL REVIVAL HAVE? THERE WASN'T BRAWL AT LAST ATL REVIVAL.

It makes no sense, cause this is not the first tourney series in GA that straight up THREW MONEY into your **** community and you guys are like "no we wont go. we'll stay at waba"

It makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

__

And FFS dont get me started on melee, lol. All the people complaining about no tourneys in GA, PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT "HEY DOGY COME UP HERE TODAY AND GO TO THE TOURNEY 2MORROW", AND IM LITERALLY THE ONLY MELEE PLAYER?? (ok exco was there but he was there for super).

IT BLOWS MY MIND.

*throws chair*

With all that being said, good times. Not trying to sound bitter when I say this to the 6 of you guys who showed up, but you're welcome for running the round robin. My fault for not being current with the stageset, but I DONT F***ING PLAY BRAWL, I HAVE NO DESIRE TO PLAY THAT GAME, AND THE LAST THING ON MY MIND WHEN I SHOWED UP WAS RUNNING THE BRAWL TOURNEY

*GLARE @ ICEMAN AND GA PEACH*

Whole tourney was a bag of lols, though. Good times, good times.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i had no ride..sorry. but i agree with u 100 percent dogy..i know cornel wanted to go to but his car isnt safe to drive that long

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
ok, before i say my following statement, people need to understand that I'm not with the ATL crew in the sense of a tourney organizer. I'm just a somewhat respected melee player because I show up to ****.

__

With that being said, lol it makes perfect sense for them not to do it. You literally cannot THROW money at the GA atl south brawl community.

This is the second tourney series that has LITERALLY THROWN MONEY STRAIGHT AT THE BRAWL COMMUNITY AND YOU GUYS DONT SHOW UP. I swear I wanna crack and play that trash game so bad just for the free money.

From what I've been told, no reflex didn't get the free trip. Why? SIX ****ING ENTRANTS. HOW DOES BRAWL HAVE SIX ENTRANTS? HOW MANY DID LAST ATL REVIVAL HAVE? THERE WASN'T BRAWL AT LAST ATL REVIVAL.

Six entrants means $60 venue fee, minus $15 from the one television and two Wiis. That's $45. They're still making a profit, and even if more people showed up, the finals would've turned into Calvin against myself, anyway. Rest assured, you're getting your money's worth. I'm sure there will be at least double the entrants for Brawl than for Tekken at MLG Raleigh.

Also, as Umby said, I asked Iceman if the winner would get the trip, so long as a tournament happened, and he said that was true. That was how I justified (to myself) paying the venue fee. If that wasn't the case, I was going to take Calvin and Mike to the mall in Lawrenceville for a fun day.

It wouldn't bother me if that hadn't happened, but it did, so I think I'm understandably upset. I sort of figured they'd be professional (or even DECENT) enough to follow through on their promises.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah, that was completely ****ed up when I heard that.

Even with what I'm assuming is the reason why (which, with all things considered makes SENSE cause it's not a "professional" organization or anything), it's still jacked up how everything panned out.

And with the way it panned out, brawl players actually have "some reason" NOT to go to ATL-R now.

No matter what, there's nothing that can be said about how everything went down (from what I've heard.)

(sidenote: SEE WHY THE **** I GOTTA BE INVOLVED IN BRAWL DRAMA :/ )

D0N

Smash Ace
ATL revival had brawl last year. They had around the same # of entrants and got blamed for money missing from the pot. Who was at fault was never clear.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
ATL revival had brawl last year. They had around the same # of entrants and got blamed for money missing from the pot.
Unfortunate, but the trouble falls on the tournament host in the end. Keeping track of the money is very important.

I'm not suggesting that any one person was responsible--It could have been a simple oversight. Still, how does that happen if the person collecting money keeps it safe?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i keep hearing about that. Don't know anything about it cause again, I don't play brawl.

With that being said, if that was the case, it makes no sense that ATL-R has had some events where brawl had like, 20-30 people there.

All I know is i look up, i see "hey we're gunna give you guys a ride to mlg", and 6 people show up.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i keep hearing about that. Don't know anything about it cause again, I don't play brawl.

With that being said, if that was the case, it makes no sense that ATL-R has had some events where brawl had like, 20-30 people there.

All I know is i look up, i see "hey we're gunna give you guys a ride to mlg", and 6 people show up.

Actually, a lot of GA Brawl players already have their passes. For whatever reason, everyone and their grandmother has made plans to go to Raleigh for a while now.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
free.
money.

It's like the whole ordeal with Legendary Games that I still can't figure out.

$150 guaranteed pot for brawl, $100 guranateed for melee. MONTHLIES. Neither game ever had more than 8 people iirc.

How?

D0N

Smash Ace
Unfortunate, but the trouble falls on the tournament host in the end. Keeping track of the money is very important.

I'm not suggesting that any one person was responsible--It could have been a simple oversight. Still, how does that happen if the person collecting money keeps it safe?
Your 100% right. I think I brought up the same point when it was talked about on the SRK forum. Its all in the past now though, I just mentioned it cuz Dogy didn't know there was brawl.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh i know. Trust me i know. I've heard the story plenty of times and I didn't go to that ATL revival cause, iirc, that was before melee started being there.

I'm seen as the like, THE middleman in GA (me or marty, but i'm not on 24/7 smash hate like marty, just 23/6). I've heard the theory many times.

edit: **** this laptop and it's mouse pad clicky enter thing.

I also know that some of them are TRYING to mend lost ties and make everything better.

I honestly don't know why they keep having BOTH smashes. I've had half the mind to tell them to drop melee for the longest. But if people are willing, I'm not gunna be the badguy in (what's supposed to be) an honest effort.

-bout to kill this laptop-

They're trying. I mean, that pot missing thing was a while ago, and look what happened? Still having smash. You can't say they're not TRYING to make things better. But it's a 50/50 kinda thing. Heck, it's not even that, more like 75/25, cause they literally let smash run itself.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
The tournament should have been posted sooner imo. It didn't have near enough time to hype itself up.

How'd Gears of War go?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'll give you that considering you're not GA Brawl

But really, I'm not giving that to anybody either, lol. Seeing how everybody bogards other state topics and whatnot around here.

__

Gears was ok. They didn't have a tourney cause no GEARS players showed up, although about 8 of them total sat down and did 2v2s. Pokchop was goin ape**** over there and it was hysterical. Him and ATL-CPU were destroyin the **** outta people last night. They said they're doing it again next ATL-R (which is SUPPOSED to be next month, dunno bout the details yet)

Rayku

Smash Lord
I went to ATL Revival last time. I won the 1-man tournament and lost $10 :D

And about the Legendary Games deal, the one time I didn't go to that tournament (that Elliot decided to go and take all the free money) was the one time I didn't even know there WAS one.

Brawl players don't like to go out of their comfort zone because they're still with mommy and daddy. I don't know the deal with Melee, I feel a lack of smashboards contact from most GA Melee players. As far as I know most of them (us?) keep in touch via phone, and the GA locator thread is a joke because no one ever uses it

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I woulda came but I had work.

Plus I already have free entry to mlg to begin with anyways, sad no one else went though :(

Top Bottom