• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Brawl Hackers ~ Super Smash Bros. Clash Is Now Recruiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiblets

Smash Cadet
this project looks awesome really hope it goes somewhere. Are you gonna change core mechanics so you
can roll off edges and shield in the air and stuff? because that would be amazing.
I'm a pretty experienced 3d modeller and music composer. I'll upload some stuff soon so you can size me up. Incidentally what kind of thing are you looking for in a music composer?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
We just want to replace everything in brawl, making it something fresh and new to play.

So just any good music, can be slow or fast.

RAWRzilla

What you can do : I can hack stages, as well as voice act. CSP's are easily, obviously. My Wii is hard-modded, so anything that would require iso testing can be dumped on me. :3

What you specialize in: Stages. Definitely.

An example of your work: http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2009/08/29/tabuus_corruption/
If Youtube videos and textures previews are any indication, I may have created the staple Final Destination stage. Also, everybody and their mother uses my CSP images :p

Why you want to be a part of Clash?: I have heard enough about it to know it isn't a project to be taken lightly or be easily leaked. It would appear the level of secrecy devoted to it is so much so, that the only thing really known about it is it's name, and StarShadow's involvement. It sounds promising, and I would very much like to be a part of something that may make a lasting impression on the Brawl Community.

How much work do you get done in how much time?: Most (If not all) of my textures have been completed in less than three days work time, worked on anywhere from 2 hours to 10 hours during a day. Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist. -_- I don't accept half-*** work from anyone, least of all myself. I do what I can, as much as I can.

Do you have skype?: darkplasma22

Do you accept and agree with the rules of clash (bottom of this post)?: But of course.

Smash Ace
The application has changed, everyone who entered who specialized in texture hacking must re enter their application.

Zephron

Smash Ace
If you DO specialize in textures, put this:
You must color one of these 3 line art pictures and show us here. It has to be done from scratch guys!

Are you serious? You want us to color this for you!?

Fine... <_<

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
...crap. is it weird that the prospect of coloring one of those linearts makes me even MORE tempted to apply? XD

Gah. I'd love to be a part of something like this, but I'm hesitant to sign up to that kind of obligation. Also, if I were to sign up as, say, a 3d modeler and/or texturer, would I be given "assignments" to complete, or would it be just... provide whatever character I can/want to? And another also, what about animations? When the ability to hack them comes out, would you want completely original movesets for each character instead of just PSA'ing the characters the models are overwriting? Or is that already the idea and I misread it?

Humm. I'll color some of that lineart out of boredom while I consider, I guess. Oh, and speaking of which--would other things I've drawn and colored be viable "proof", or does it have to be one of those linearts? If the former, I could just link my dA account and have done. XD

Starshadow76

Smash Cadet
Assignments are give out, but if you wish you just keep making what you want. It's always great to look at it. Some of the members just make what they want, and usually it is put into the final patch because it's generally good.
You CAN link your DA account, but by doing those line arts we can get a better idea of how you would create a texture.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I might just color those pics for the sake of coloring them, and not apply. I'll do that Monday. ;)

Smash Ace
Lol that whole do what you want thing, starshadow is referring to me. Everyone does assignments, i make what i want and if star wants to use it, he can use it.

Smash Ace
Ok i made a quick example, the MINIMUM requirement has to be of this quality, since i only made this in a little over 5 minutes, it should be no problem for you guys to get up to.

I put a watermark on it coz of all you cheaters out there.

If i were to spend a good amount of time on it, i would add a tonne of light emphasis and more contrasting lighting.

n88

Smash Lord
What are you replacing everything with? I don't want to know individual stuff/details, but whether you're just adding random characters, characters with a certain theme, or completely original characters.

Interesting project, though.

Starshadow76

Smash Cadet
Everything is custom made, but still with a nice reality sorta look that the Smash Bros games has always had. It's just something different. Everything is going to change.

RAWRzilla

What you can do : I can hack stages, as well as voice act. CSP's are easily, obviously. My Wii is hard-modded, so anything that would require iso testing can be dumped on me. :3

What you specialize in: Stages. Definitely.

An example of your work: http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2009/08/29/tabuus_corruption/
If Youtube videos and textures previews are any indication, I may have created the staple Final Destination stage. Also, everybody and their mother uses my CSP images :p

Why you want to be a part of Clash?: I have heard enough about it to know it isn't a project to be taken lightly or be easily leaked. It would appear the level of secrecy devoted to it is so much so, that the only thing really known about it is it's name, and StarShadow's involvement. It sounds promising, and I would very much like to be a part of something that may make a lasting impression on the Brawl Community.

How much work do you get done in how much time?: Most (If not all) of my textures have been completed in less than three days work time, worked on anywhere from 2 hours to 10 hours during a day. Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist. -_- I don't accept half-*** work from anyone, least of all myself. I do what I can, as much as I can.

Do you have skype?: darkplasma22

Do you accept and agree with the rules of clash (bottom of this post)?: But of course.

lol Thom Yorke

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
I really dig the name and idea, too bad all I can do is make graphics.

However, if you guys need any desigining such as logos and what not, I'd gladly help all I can.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Wow I love this concept. I'm all for it.

Katakiri

What you can do:
Character/Stage/Menu Textures, Voice Acting, I'm learning how to make my own music

What you specialize in:
Character & Stage Textures

I thought that coloring some line art would be kinda dull so unless I really have to color it, here's something I work on in my spare time to keep my texture skills sharp:

Rayman texture parts made entirely from scratch.
Body 1:

Body 2: Head, Shoes, Hands, Hair, Scarf, Teeth, Mouth

Eye:
Eye Base:

My other work:

Why do you want to be a part of Clash?:
It all sounds very interesting and something that I'd be very happy to be a part of. I kinda want to do something that's not just for myself like a lot of my work tends to be.

How much work do you get done in how much time?:
Well, that Rayman thing took about 2 hours. But, most of my "good" character textures take about 3 or 5 hours. Stage textures can take days depending on how much time I have to work on them. Like I said, I'm just learning how to make music so things are going slowly there. I'm working on a remix of a song from the game "Drill Dozer".

Do you have skype?:
Yes, but it got hacked so I need to make a new account.

Do you accept and agree with the rules of clash (bottom of this post)?:
Absolutely. (It's not like it's asking for too much :p)

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
So I was wondering, since everyone is going to have PSA movesets. Is Clash going to be balanced or what is the deal with that? I mean Brawl is unbalanced but most of the PSA Projects I've seen are broken as hell.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
So I was wondering, since everyone is going to have PSA movesets. Is Clash going to be balanced or what is the deal with that? I mean Brawl is unbalanced but most of the PSA Projects I've seen are broken as hell.
Broken as hell characters vs. broken as hell characters = balanced.
:p
Jk. It should be somewhat balanced I think, no one will be too overpowered.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Bleamix

I can make textures fairly easy and efficiently. I can make PSA characters, I have plenty of examples on my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/bleamix I can do voice acting, as I've done it before. I leaned Autodesk inventor in school, which is a 3d modeling program. And a few others

I'm not much of a texture guy. But I have examples of my textures on again, my youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/bleamix (Sorry, I have no pics D:)

I want to be a member of super smash clash because I love brawl, especially hacking it. Brawl is my life as sad as it is. Every day... I eat and sleep brawl. I always talk about with my friends at school and everything. I love hacking a lot too. So much fun... and I do it for the fun.

When I make my brawl videos, I normally put in a good 3 hours at a time. No joke, I really get into it.

I have skype. I use it all the time to talk to my friends. So yes I do have a microphone and I could talk to you guys.

Geez, that's a lot of rules. But yeah, I agree. Thanks.

Zephron

Smash Ace
What happened with this?

IceKirby's post is higher on the list and probably has more entries <_<

I'm still interested but according to the OP no one has gotten in yet, either.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I never really understood the purpose of the group until now. :p

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
What you can do:
Voice Acting, Writing, (I've got ideas for movesets and textures but I really have no idea how to do any of it)

What you specialize in:
Voice Acting

EXAMPLE OF WORK:
I write and voice in this (The quality in these videos is OLD my mic quality has been substantially improved bia new hardware) credited as Smashbrother, Smashbro29 and Smashbro.

Why you want to be a part of Clash?
I think it will make hacking history and I wanna get a piece of that and it wouldn't hurt to get some more voice practice.

How much work do you get done in how much time?
I can write a script in a very short time and get get as many lines as you'd need on a weekly basis.

Do you have skype?
YES!!
Do you accept and agree with the rules of clash (bottom of this post)?
Sure, why not? It's all standard stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom