• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Smash Community: Please Read.

Aesir

Smash Master
Shutup Aesir.

Wobbling in Melee is extremely easy to do. It's just a beat of pressing two buttons.

Brawl + it is nowhere near the same.
Just stop posting about it, because it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

If it's so easy, why don't you go to a tourney and do it. If it's so easy you should be able to take top 10 easily.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I don't get what the problem with NOT having wobbling in melee is, actually. IC's can 0-death lots of characters just using chaingrabs anyways. Wobbling takes that and simplifies it. You could say the end result is the same because it results in a kill from a grab either way, but wobbling, while not easy in my book, is easier than doing a successful chain with nana's shffled dairs and down b's, and it's DEFINATELY easier than the alternating grab stuff wobbles does. I personally am in favor of banning wobbling not because i think IC's shouldn't be able to get a grab and win (that's really all they have going for them) but because I think it should be a bit harder to do and look more interesting. Alternating popo's and nana's grabs and wavelanding into more grabs and all that stuff wobbles does is really cool, and I'd like to see more of that.

In fact as far as I know the only characters normal chaining doesn't work against are either low tiers or a character like peach vs which the IC's are ****ed anyways unless they play smart.

I'm not an IC's main, so I can't tell you exactly what does and does not work in melee, but I'm pretty sure they can chain fox/falco/marth/captain falcon/sheik. and their alternating grab stuff that wobbles does DOES work on every character, just only on edges, and if you utilize platforms well you will practically always be by an edge when you grab.

I again, I don't support banning wobbling because I think it's gay or anything, but because I'd like to see more interesting stuff and see the IC's metagame progress some more.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm not going now because wobbling is allowed.

Aesir

Smash Master

Aesir

Smash Master
Still not going, Aesir.
So let me get this straight? you're not going because he's allowing a legitimate strategy? which makes IC suck less and doesn't break the game at all right?

Great argument bro.

Okay PoF go ahead and ban it while we're at it, lets ban shino stalling, and shine spiking.

Both are just as gay as wobbling.

See I can be make bad arguments too bro.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So wait WAIT.

The infinite in Brawl + isn't banned, but the one in melee is?

Are you ****ing kidding me? Scrubbiest logic I've ever seen.

Take me off the list I'm not going now.
>_> Lol you don't even play ICs. You're silly.

You're all really silly.

Tee hee hee!
-DD

Aesir

Smash Master
Because they do.

They get ***** by like almost everyone above them LOL.

The fact remains wobbling isn't as broken as people are making it sound, and they just need to grow up and learn how to beat it.

And for fusks sakes roman you're fox, fox beasts IC.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Just ban ICs and we don't have to worry about whether or not to ban wobbling. DUH.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
We should ban everything

Only Fox, no items, FD only. lets go

LOL, someone should really make that a tournament. I'd go. lol
>=[ But I can't play fox.
****it.

I'd still go for the lulz.

-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
Aside from the timing nana needs to be placed right for it to work making it harder. Id like it to be banned though, mainly since im a scrub >_<.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
how easy something is to do shouldn't really be a factor when deciding whether it is broken or not.

Aesir

Smash Master
where are you getting this info from?
Simple match up experience? if all an IC can do is wobble they're going to get *****. All marth has to do vs an IC like that is just space forward air and down tilts.

Fox ***** IC in so many ways, I don't understand your opposition to it. Almost every one of your approaches separates them, once they're separate they can't wobble. Does everyone not realize this or something? IC can't wobble you if they lost their nana. Just separate them, no johns.

Most of the cast has some way of separating them, if you're losing to IC and all they do is wobble it's not their fault you suck (not specifically directed at you Roman) at the match up.

Funny story about wobbling azens gotten out of it between 0-100%.

SEXY

Smash Cadet
last i check Digital mayhem had this ***gety thing where u HAVE to pay venue fee and HAVE to sign up for the tourny or they tell you to leave.

are they doing that still? if they are not Pof then i'm done for going, but tell me asap bc i got to call out of work those days pronto.

noodles

Smash Champion
5$ for the venue fee. You dont need to enter any one the tournaments if you dont want to.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
how easy something is to do shouldn't really be a factor when deciding whether it is broken or not.
Agreed.

Also paraphrasing dogysamich: Wobbling does, at most, 1/4th of your health; in reality it's less than that considering you can wiggle out of it until mid %s. There are combos and loops in other fighting games that do way more damage.

chred: The handoff really doesn't come up as often as you'd think. Being near the edge or on platforms in general is pretty dangerous for ICs, I'm not sure where you got that from.

Edit -- Fox doesn't **** ICs. We play this match-up all the time. Roman is as good as any Fox player at separating and gimping Nana, but it hardly wins the game for him.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I don't see how they are any more susceptible to shines than any other character. What does that even mean?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I meant vulnerable...my bad. The Ice Climbers traction and how many frames they have before they can counter attack after a shine is more than most characters. There are a few matches on youtube which show this. Search Jman. He does it against Pakmans Luigi and I believe Chus Iceys...not 100% sure if its chu but I know he kills pakman less than 5 seconds within a match due to shines. Luigi also suffers the same problem

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
...and how many frames they have before they can counter attack after a shine is more than most characters.
That... doesn't make any sense. I don't believe Fox can legitimately follow up the shine (at most he can grab nana or something, but Popo will be out of hitstun); the hitstun lasts for just as long as it does any other character. The only difference is, like Luigi, they travel further so it doesn't combo them. Yes, shine sets up for an easy gimp on Nana if they slide off the ledge, but since when is Fox guaranteed to land a point-blank move on a character with faster ground speed and more range than him?

Top Bottom