• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Smash Community: Please Read.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
So...it doesn't look like Insomniac is going to this..a lot of interest lost due to the potential failure of the Brawl+ tournament. Not to mention the venue is a real ***** to get to (with us not having a car and all). I can't say I'm speaking for everyone but Guru pretty much said he's lost interest due to a bunch of people dropping out. We've been to too many failure Brawl+ tournies (<20 people) and I don't feel like it's worth going all the way to CT for. Sorry POF but maybe you should try to incorporate Brawl+ on a main day instead of a BS day like Sunday next time ..it makes the + tournament seem kinda secondary IMO and it also splits the total tournament attendance in half since you split up the Melee and Brawl+ communities. Good luck with Melee though..I hope that goes well.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So...it doesn't look like Insomniac is going to this..a lot of interest lost due to the potential failure of the Brawl+ tournament. Not to mention the venue is a real ***** to get to (with us not having a car and all). I can't say I'm speaking for everyone but Guru pretty much said he's lost interest due to a bunch of people dropping out. We've been to too many failure Brawl+ tournies (<20 people) and I don't feel like it's worth going all the way to CT for. Sorry POF but maybe you should try to incorporate Brawl+ on a main day instead of a BS day like Sunday next time ..it makes the + tournament seem kinda secondary IMO and it also splits the total tournament attendance in half since you split up the Melee and Brawl+ communities. Good luck with Melee though..I hope that goes well.
This. >_> Since I'm not even in control of my own ride, I don't even know if I'll be there for Brawl+...and I really wanna be T.T;;
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Really, You brawl + people are bailing less than two weeks before the tournament? Seriously? That sounds like something Brawl people would do.

Yeah, I went that low.

and whatever Reno.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm still coming pof but people are being d!cks for bailing :-/
t_t I'm not bailing, I just don't know about the ride situation.
And if I go, then there is a 50% chance I'll be teaming with Sandra!
-DD

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It's slightly annoying though...I was looking forward to this alot. It's not really worth 6 hours of driving if no one's gonna show up.

Pof what's the turnout looking like now?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It's slightly annoying though...I was looking forward to this alot. It's not really worth 6 hours of driving if no one's gonna show up.

Pof what's the turnout looking like now?
Maybe I'll bring cookies for all the weary travelers!
-DD

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
gas money and really comfy couches would be cool too :)

P.O.F. can you give an estimate of the turnout sometime? Sleepytime now good nite all.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If CT wasn't so **** hard to get to I gladly would've come. But MD/VA is having a Brawl+ tourney this weekend anyway, so I don't see the point in making that long-*** drive.

I'll definitely be at BtL2 because it's in a much better location and more hyped.

noodles

Smash Champion
If you had brawl as the second event this wouldnt have happened since alot of people from our area play >_>.

shanus

Smash Hero
t_t I'm not bailing, I just don't know about the ride situation.
And if I go, then there is a 50% chance I'll be teaming with Sandra!
-DD
I *might* be able to pick you up. Large might.

Edit: I'm coming with at least one person, maybe a total of 4 of us.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Phish its coming. This is still on! Yes. lol. and I do.

If you had brawl as the second event this wouldnt have happened since alot of people from our area play >_>.
I said last night to myself before I went to bed, "I'm probably going to wake up and Nelsons gonna say something about if it was Brawl this **** wouldn't have happened."

I'm not running a Brawl tournament. I had my Brawl phase for a few months....its not exciting to play.

Estimate-I would say judging by how many people are bailing we are probably going to lose half of our entrants safely so probably around thirty people. I'd be happy with forty though.

Don't expect me to run a Brawl + event again guys if this turnout is pitiful. I'm sorry, but this tournament was acknowledged for about 4-5 months and now you guys bail? Thats such a crock of crap after all that complaining/arguing you all did so that I would NOT put on BRAWL.

That's a pure crock.

noodles

Smash Champion
No one around here really plays brawl plus. You held it for people really far away with a huge risk of this happening.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm not coming. Party at my buddy's for the entire weekend... like literally until Monday.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well I'm bringing Orion Heero Inui and Atomsk...But I want to know if there's an at least okay turnout.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I know dude. I'm staying at my house in North NJ so it's gonna be like 2 hours there and then 3 hours back to rutgers. Which is why I'm hoping for a big turnout so I can hopefully win alot of money for Brawl+.

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm traveling about 2 hours with 2-4 people, I'm hoping turnout is good.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I *might* be able to pick you up. Large might.

Edit: I'm coming with at least one person, maybe a total of 4 of us.
OMG I LOVE YOU PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE<3333 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!

Well I'm bringing Orion Heero Inui and Atomsk...But I want to know if there's an at least okay turnout.
Yayyyy Orion!!!!! I lubs the little guy!
-DD

Veril

Frame Savant
I need to know when I can expect B+ singles registration to start so I can fix my work schedule accordingly. Please post that information in the OP as well as on the AiB page. I'm sure other people besides me have jobs...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well this has been a problem with CT on and off for a while. Often many of us in the Tri-State area travel via bus and train so we like areas nearby. I know people that would love to go if they had cars as well.

As a suggestion do not be discouraged to running tournaments you enjoy. If Brawl bores you do not do it. If Brawl + is enjoyable then run it, take your loses, and plan ahead next time. Often these issues happen when a thread is used to flip flop over what events to do. Write it out and just announce it next time ( if you have not done so with this one ). I am sure more people will turn out.

The one thing I would say about adding brawl is that it does encourage a bigger turnout and helps to provide new people with the interest of entering melee or B+. Both Melee and B+ have smaller, more niche, communities and having them exposed to by Brawl-only players helps to create bigger atmospheres. I have had several instances when this has occurred at my tournaments and it has helped me become one of the main leaders in both communities in my region. I will not brag but not many people can do what I do.

Bottom line - people should try to go and if they have other things to do...its fine. Just keep moving forward and eventually more people will show. Good experiences can have this effect.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think POF did a fine job setting this up and hyping it. The only reason I'm not going is because it's mad far away and there is a local Brawl+ tourney the same day. The drive just isn't worth it.

I'm sorry that this tourney became so unhyped all of a sudden, I really wish it hadn't.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It's the day before LLHS JC...And the drive isn't worth it if everyone bails out. You're adding to the chain reaction of that.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Yes, (no pun intended) if people would just stop saying "well, this has a low turnout so i'm not going" than it actually would not be a lower turnout than projected, thats all there is to it.

This tournament was announced at least five months ago and was finalized at least THREE MONTHS ago with brawl + and melee. I dont want to hear any of this tri state "Well, VA still thinks we suck at melee so we're gonna go prove it." or "sorry guys, theres one closer to me."

Sorry, but both of those excuses are pitiful. I could understand school work, car issues, etc....but not "I'm going to another tourney." F That.

This is why so many people look down on the smash community as a whole.

I remember the good days before "Brawl" even came into the picture

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I do not think blaming brawl helps out POF. To be honest there are so many tournaments happening on just this date that people will always go to what is closer and more convenient. I feel that you are idolizing Melee as some sort of golden high time.

I was around melee for many years before many people and I can tell you before MLG tournaments were scarce. After MLG tournaments were more freqeuent but still did not have a lot of people. A 4-5 month planned tournament got, on average, 40-60 people. This was doing tournaments with 8-10 setups with singles and doubles.

Now with so many tournaments people can attend events with good turnouts. For JC his area has a good amount of B+ players and he does not have to drive a long way. For Yes its different. For me I have a few tournaments in NYC I can attend.

Bottom line is stop worrying about attendees and just enjoy the event. If people do not come than it is something that they missed. Also I think you should relax on how great melee was "back then" when it was not as great as you think.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I was still on the deciding part if I was gonna go to this or the VA tournament. I decided to go to VA instead since I haven't been there for a tournament in mad long. Thats what happens when two tournaments are on the same days. Whatever reason a person gives to go to the other tournament instead of this one, its not a pitiful excuse. They had a choice, they made one, and thats it. Even if this tournament ends up being super big, the person still wants to go to the other for whatever reason. Simple sh*t.

Top Bottom