• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Prove us wrong, mannnnnn.

I've seen ADHD lose to lucarios. Nairo loses to Kisizzle when Kisizzle uses Lucario. You got this.
adhd has never lost to lucario. i have never beaten nairo in tourney or mm. im 0-2 with him. i hopw you mean wifi or trolling.

So like...my Lucario is kinda good.
HelpRKnight!

Air dodge to the ground and beat atomsks lucario all day

Zucco

Smash Master
NO SONICS ARE ALLOWED TO GET RESULTS UNLESS THEY ARE NAMED ESPY. FACT

sorry if im not being cordial.

Guys, stop complaining about how everyone thinks Lucario is a gimmick. Sort of the same thing with ROB... in all honesty I prefer having my character be obscure but competent, because it means most people won't know the matchup. So go with it. But don't rely on the other party's ignorance to net you the win. Troll 'em a bit. Prove in-match he's not "a gimmick-and-a-half", but hope he still remains relatively low on the "Matchups to Learn" list all players keep in their back pockets.

What I'm trying to say I guess is look at Sonic's recent stuff compared to the stigma he's had attached to him. Kinda the same thing with Lulu.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
To be honest Espy, I thought that was a gun next to that furry thing's head.
lol. I can kinda see how you'd see that.

X dabess

He makes sonic look like a good character
He also makes Meta Knight look like a bad character simultaneously.
Or the players.
Or both.

Guys, stop complaining about how everyone thinks Lucario is a gimmick. Sort of the same thing with ROB... in all honesty I prefer having my character be obscure but competent, because it means most people won't know the matchup. So go with it. But don't rely on the other party's ignorance to net you the win. Troll 'em a bit. Prove in-match he's not "a gimmick-and-a-half", but hope he still remains relatively low on the "Matchups to Learn" list all players keep in their back pockets.

What I'm trying to say I guess is look at Sonic's recent stuff compared to the stigma he's had attached to him. Kinda the same thing with Lulu.
Except Lucario IS good, and everyone knows it.
He's just not good enough.

Flamey: Tried not to sound so though :p

Espy: But again, how much of a priority is it for a player to learn the Lucario matchup, really? Never tried to undermine his potential, just trying to play on his rep's scarcity.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
To be honest, I'm still waiting for people that aren't from Texas to finally learn Sonic's ins and outs. The amount of Sonic ignorance that still runs around in the community is just as astounding as the Lucario shtick.

@Atomsk: Yup.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I didn't think it would be possible for a game to have 32 gimmicky characters.

Well done Brawl.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
TBH I don't understand why Lain switched off ICs vs X at MLG. He won that game then switched to MK and lost the next 2.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I could've sworn X beat Lain's Ice Climbers once, which prompted the change to Meta Knight...

Great idea, switching to X's most experienced match up...lol.
He played 1 Snake in Round 2, and Nick Riddle/Gnes and their respective mains in Championship Bracket. According to him, the rest was Meta Knight. Must've been an all you can eat buffet. :p

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I missed thanksgiving here :X

I just think this needs to be posted again.

It represents the past 40 pages I just read.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Bah humbug, HAAATE, etc.

No.
Awww...Stauffy.

Oh well I tried.

edit:

People can say what they want, good is subjective to a point so if one person thinking only MK is good and one person thinking characters down to mid tier are good, they can think what they want. That doesn't bother me, since if they think Lucario is a gimmick, I don't care that much.

My problem is the complete bull**** they posted when trying to analyze the character.

Mario beats Lucario. (Ask players of both mains, proven false)
Lucario has no transcendent Priority, or rather is only exists on his Fsmash. (This is a property that isn;t hard to test or see in that his aura bits don't clank)
He doesn't perform at level with his tier. (Ankoku's list showed he placed 12th, 10th, 10th, 12th exactly where he is)

All of these can be objectively proven to be false and didn't even take me more than 5 minutes to look up. I don't care if they think my character is a gimmick or sucks, I care when people can't look up easy to access information and rely on nonsensical theory-craft. If they think Lucario is bad gimmick fine, but at least they can reach that conclusion saying something that has any relevance of truth to it, rather than garbage they thought up on the spot.

/rage

Browny

Smash Hater
lol red ryu. its easy to explain: lazy self-indulgent circle jerking.

Because people are lazy and have an ego the size of the sun, thinking they know everything, act as if you know every character on a deep level and have researched the facts. Lazy people who cant be bothered doing anything dont want to learn the facts because it doesnt affect them in the slightest, so they believe what they are told. The people spreading lies get an ego boost because they think everyone agrees with them because they are right. Everyone pats themselves on the back for coming to a consenses so quickly, clearly they are all geniuses to be able to figure out the same truth instantly and then begins the circle jerking. Replace the role of whoever spouts bull**** with different members every so often and you have now defined the operation of the BBR.

Not saying this applies to all members of course, plenty have proven their ability to fight the ***********. But the evidence points to that scenario being what goes on most of the time. The times when people actually DO ANYTHING of course.

Thats what happens when you give a bunch of young people a false sense of power with 0 accountability... can you blame them? Its the ones who run the BBR who allow this **** to happen and they themselves cant be stuffed to fix it because it doesnt really affect them.

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
This is why I usually don't care what administration says unless I know they are at least a bit intelligent.

I've encountered every problem stated from Browny AND Red Ryu.

I wish I have the brain power to express myself like Ryu and Browny, but alas, all I can do is say thing like "They are ***"

Top Bottom