• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Its not like we're overhyping him or anything, Kenni, it's just cool that he stepped his game up, and we should share that with the Lucario boards. :D Also, I felt helpless enough against him as Dedede for me to drop him, even though I was already considering dropping him after that tournament. My Dedede's only really good in doubles anyway.

Plus, he gave me Lucario vs. Lucas tips to help me beat Sponge in our MM. :)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Jordan will hate me if he reads that, lmao. I know how to play Lucario in that MU, so I'm not sure If I could have helped him as much since idk how to play Lucas as much as I know how to play against him.

If that makes any sense.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Nah, it's not like the tips you gave me were the deciding factor in the MM, they were just nice little things to keep in mind when I was playing him. He actually psi magneted most of my AS's, so I stopped using them towards the end, unless he was recovering. He didn't PK fire enough for me to AS him through it. :(

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah he is, I had a hard time hitting him with AS's, so I just quit using them, I just kept a charged one with me just in case. A mindgame in itself, I kept making him throw out random psi magnets because he was expecting the AS. :)

He gave me advice after our MM, that I should AS more when he's landing, because he told me that's how you usually get him with your AS's.

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
The foe's Heatran is floating on a balloon!

Start of turn 9
Braxton2011 called Heatran back!
Braxton2011 sent out Gliscor!

The foe's Heatran used Nitro Charge!
Gliscor lost 63 HP! (18% of its health)
The foe's Heatran's Speed rose!

The sunlight is strong!
Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
Gliscor was poisoned!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Heatran used Fire Blast!
Gliscor lost 278 HP! (81% of its health)
Gliscor fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Braxton2011 sent out Lucario!

Start of turn 11
Lucario used ExtremeSpeed!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Heatran lost 18% of its health!
The foe's Heatran's Balloon popped!
Lucario is hurt by its Life Orb!

It's super effective!
Lucario lost 188 HP! (66% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 12
Lucario used ExtremeSpeed!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Heatran lost 18% of its health!
Lucario is hurt by its Life Orb!

It's super effective!
Lucario lost 37 HP! (13% of its health)
Lucario fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Braxton2011: damn.
Braxton2011: I'm dead.
Braxton2011 sent out Doryuuzu!

Doryuuzu is floating on a balloon!

Start of turn 13
The foe's Heatran used Fire Blast!
The attack of the foe's Heatran missed!

Doryuuzu used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran lost 62% of its health!
The foe's Heatran fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Braxton2011: TROLOLOLOLOL
Thectsper sent out Ninetales!

Doryuuza da bess you ever had.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292858&highlight=supreme+dirt

placed 17th out of 30 people, not making it out of pools. Compared to dead last in my first tourney, I'd say I'm getting better.

There's a match against All.y's MK that got saved, on Norfair. Going to try and track it down and get it uploaded. I got 3-stocked, but still...

Oh, and his Snake didn't 3 stock me on Smashville. I tricked him into falling into an USmash.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I can see why people are worried.

I just hacked Mewtwo over him. Made me feel a lot better.

He's got some great tools. Transcendent priority is always nice to have, and he gets progressively stronger as the match goes on. However he doesn't seem to perform as well in tournaments as this would suggest. I think a lot of it has to do with Lucario being a character heavily reliant on momentum, and if it shifts in the opponent's favor, he's in trouble. Personally, I would drop him a couple of spots, perhaps to the top of mid-tier, but he's still a pretty good choice in tournaments. He only has a few bad matchups, he's just outperformed in many aspects by other characters.
I think Lucario is in a good spot where he is at the moment. He should probably always stay nearby the other characters he is currently coupled with.

The main reason that he will likely never rise or fall very much is that Lucario as a character isn't actually all that good, but his Aura is overpowered as all get out. So you take a character that's not very good and give it one of the most overpowered mechanics in the game and you get something that is just a bit above average.

Aside from Aura power, he has:

That ridiculous roll of his, aura sphere, f-air, d-air, u-tilt, an insanely fast grab (but fairly short range), and that's mostly it I think.

Those moves are pretty good, but by themselves not enough to be much more than decent. It's just that when he gets Aura power, he kills you in like 2 hits and it's ridiculous, so that makes him quite good despite actually being mediocre.
What transcendent priority?

I really don't recall any of his move having any.
Fsmash's sweet spot. I think there's another one but I don't remember at the moment.
900000x THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, Lucario is a gimmick and a half. He can grab you if he gets close enough, but his baiting tools suck, he can't use an offensive tool against a crouching opponent except forward roll (LOL), he doesn't get gimped if he recovers high, but can be edgeguarded, etc.

Pretty much, Aura is amazing, and people get hit by Fsmash a lot for some reason. MK's that don't know the MU get *****, but MKs that do know the MU (like me) destroy all instances of this character. Case in point, Ksizzle beats M2k with Lucario, but I typically win rather solidly.

Lucario doesn't destroy most characters. He seems good against Pikachu, but I can beat Lucario with even Jigglypuff, and I feel he outright LOSES to Mario. Not even close to top tier material.

His Utilt is his fastest move at F5. Grab is F6 with Jab. Dtilt is F8 I think. I haven't reviewed his Frame Data in a while, but the point is that his close range moves are underwhelming, so he's deceptively BAD at close combat when fighting others good at it. He can roll around to escape and land stupid trades to annoy you, but other than that, he's just trying to crunch enemy approaches and punish landings and dodges that needn't happen.

Mediocre character at large.
Honestly after reading that thread, I think it was clear that most of the people in the BBR were clueless on the character.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They need a luc player in the BBR.

Every character has representation in it, except lucario.

The Luc BR should vote on someone to be in the regular BBR.
That's not how the BBR works...it doesn't matter if the Lucario BR votes for someone, the BBR chooses who goes in...

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
The BBR is full of idiots (no offense BBR but its true)

Just look at that mess they were saying about cario I just started really playin with him and he is clearly a great character with many options and playstyles

BBR opinions on cario = :urg:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We DID have Lee Martin in the BBR during the topic discussion. I'm sure he made a great contribution to the discussion that helped clear up everybody's perception of the cha-

...oh.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
We DID have Lee Martin in the BBR during the topic discussion. I'm sure he made a great contribution to the discussion that helped clear up everybody's perception of the cha-

...oh.
The thing I don't get is isn't the BBR supposed to be composed of not necessarly the best players but people who have a higher brawl IQ than average?

How can some one seriously be convinced that MARIO beats CARIO?
LOL I really laughed out loud when I read that.

Don't worry the BBR = idiots comments wasn't directed at you but some of the members in there makes ya wonder how they were even considered.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It really is up to us to prove anything via results if what Lucario has atm isn't enough. I've been traveling out of state to try and get more experience, and such.

I so wish I was working for the airport like Disciple is, those flights are pretty handy.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not in my region. That's impossible.
My response. In audio form.

<object style="height: 0px; width: 0px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wxX3JkGHmDI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wxX3JkGHmDI?version=3=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="0" height="0"></object>

Top Bottom