• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

THuGz

Smash Lord
So aura, what's the deal with crews? Lots of people have talked about it but you're running the tourney so are you going to do anything with it?

PS: I didn't double post at the same time, i didn't even realize i was the last to post on this thread

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
So aura, what's the deal with crews? Lots of people have talked about it but you're running the tourney so are you going to do anything with it?

PS: I didn't double post at the same time, i didn't even realize i was the last to post on this thread
Nebraska monthly = EVERYTHING is decided AT the monthly. Usually either 5 minutes before the event starts or during the event. Nebraska is #1 on the PR for Procrastination.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
@Peanut: It's true.

As for crews, there's been some interest on the board, but I can't say for sure until the tourney starts. We'll just have to wait a while and see.

Also I'm home now so you guys can just start showing up whenever.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
In case anyone is interested, no one actually won this tournament. Tyser kicked my *** who then forfeited to Blank who then forfeited to Joker. Seriously, Our PR should have the slogan "We aren't even good enough"
to finish this slogan

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
@Thugginz: I'm assuming you mean grand finals, in which case my computer was really running too slowly to record anything well, so I probably didn't record them.

I still have Connor's key at my house. Does he want me to mail it or something? They just dropped by later than I thought.

resTy

Smash Champion
Well, I only forfeited because I was going to lose anyways. Blank beats me all the time.
Blank forfeited to Joker because he isn't gonna beat him any day soon.
We simply sped up the process. It's not like the matches were important enough to be played out anyways. We're friends who play games with each other way more than we should lol.

Anyways, good games dudes. People need to start getting better or I'm gonna shave my stache.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Well, I only forfeited because I was going to lose anyways. Blank beats me all the time.
Blank forfeited to Joker because he isn't gonna beat him any day soon. We simply sped up the process.
It's not like the matches were important enough to be played out anyways. We're friends who play games with each other way more than we should lol.

Anyways, good games dudes. People need to start getting better or I'm gonna shave my stache.
That makes sense. I thought it was just some amazing irl trolling.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
I was surprised but aside from a late start it was a pretty cool monthly. Shoutouts to come when I sober up. GG

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Smeesh needs to play more piano!!! I would hire any professional in the world just to be in my living room to play piano all day of all my favorite songs. :laugh:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
To be fair we played the matches out, we just didn't feel like doing it a 2nd time. I lost motivation to play like 3/4 of the way through the tourney.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Blank forfeited to Joker because he isn't gonna beat him any day soon.
We simply sped up the process. It's not like the matches were important enough to be played out anyways. We're friends who play games with each other way more than we should lol.

Whoa, now I wish I would've gone hahahaha. Sounds like it was hilarious.

And Piano playing?! <3

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
BTW Doubles Grand Finals took place on Smashville, Summit, New Pork City, Distant Planet and Battle Field, and that was easily the most fun I've had playing smash since I've been on the boards. I think we saved one of the matches on Jokers Wii.

1. Joker-I didn't even play you in a serious match, and that includes the winners final doubles matches and doubles grand finals, but I did Bowsercide you and then style all over you with my awesome dancing, forcing an auto-win. (It's in the rulebook). Congrats on reclaiming Nebraska as your domain, and I'm going to suggest you at the top of the Nebraska Power Rankings, jk, lol, rofl, etc. I'm going to take you down with (Blue Ring) Link next time, just wait...

2. Blank-Jesus, and I thought Tyser knew what I was going to do before I did it. Thanks for trying to let me win but I knew how badly you wanted to play Joker, so I just couldn't take it. I had no idea Kirby's shield was so hard to read, and honestly, if I could go back in time, I wish I would have switched to my Luigi on that 3rd match, but I thought you were gonna switch to Diddy so I stayed wolf. I'm going to practice that fair-autocancel, and thanks for basically telling me I have to introduce myself to the Wolf Boards.

3. Tyser-Instead of you yelling about how gay brawl is when I make the right decision you actually told me good job twice, so I think that means your shaving of the mustache wasn't warranted and you sir are no longer cool in my book, sans stache, you are just a no middle named *** kicking machine. I think the only way for you to help me play brawl is for me to play as D3 and you play as Wolf so you can maybe see why I have trouble with this match up. You'll just have to tell me how to play D3 first...

4. MegaRobMan-Already? I think I may have had the hardest draw of this tournament even though I didn't play Joker.

5. Math-LOL look at the terrible Lincoln scrub who's only loses were to Joker and I. He also got 4th at contagion #2 (Lost to Jarrell and Mushroomring), but that doesn't mean anything, right Tyser :p. I'll be in Lincoln to help you with the bad habits we developed during our smash infancy such as rolling straight into half charged F-smashes.

5. Schism-Though I had a great time at this tournament, I agree with Schism that we probably should have tweaked the brackets a bit, not on my behalf, but silver always plays schism in the first round it seems, and Kirby and Nate shouldn't have played in the first round because they live in the same house and Joker only played 1 person who wasn't from Iowa but I don't think anything major would have changed if we redid them, it's just fun to play new people.

7. ThuGz-Doubles: Wow, way to legit beat Joker and Trent basically by yourself on those awesome legal stage matches. Singles: No Johns from me, good **** dude. I can help you by practicing and maybe a few things here and there, but if you really want to learn MK you should have Tyser help you develop your game a bit more because I have no idea how to play MK, as I hope you know by now.

7. Trent-Your Spin Dash Attack is almost as gay as lasers, and I was expecting you to grab out of it more. Thanks in advance for taking me to HDRemix. Also thanks for being a good sport during doubles after I ripped jokers heart out of his chest.

9. GameGenie222-Tyser in the first round is tough, but at least you got an awesome meal at the end of your journey. We'll have to keep you in practice if you want to keep going out of state with us, because I think we could all use the practice so Tyser will get his Jackie Chan back on. Also, I love the Bread tied to the belt loop. If we ever do a live-stream event I nominate GameGenie to be color commentator.

9. BORDM-It sucks you had to face Nate in the first round, but you did pretty good against Aura and I didn't watch you play Tyser, but you need to practice WAY WAY more and go through the same mental games that Nate does before you can contend with the Fat Bird. But I am very glad that you at least showed up, I've been talking about my friends from Lincoln for forever. Too bad CAR's in relalalahab. Keep in mind pharmaceutical drugs are bad when abused, kids.

9. Silver-I'm glad we had that smashfest because you look like you are regaining some of your brawlness and confidence again, and you looked really good in those team matches I saw. I'm gonna be in Lincoln sometimes so if you want to game, yaaaaaaaaheard.

9. Smeesh-If you told me you were going to play Falcon I would have played Link. GregDANG is right, you are pretty skilled on that piano. I'm pretty upset we didn't find Aura's cat, Lila. Sorry there wasn't Brawl- again when I said there probably would be, but at least you got to play Melee.

13. Aura-Thaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssss for hosting, hopefully your mom didn't mind all the casual swearing and scurvey looking scoundrels you've been running around with the last few months. Also, Sheik on FD in Melee is where I've had the most serious practice in that game. Okay, I lied, it's probably Hyrule like everyone else who stopped playing daily in 2006.

13. Bpow-I know you play Falco as well so I'm pretty glad I didn't have to play you. Thanks for coming up and gaming with us, hopefully you enjoyed it and gained some sort of gaming related mind altering nirvana somewhere through it.

13. Light-Man, if your downsmash wasn't so decayed you would have won that Team match against Nate/Kirby, your Mario is pretty nice, too bad we didn't get to friendly, though I didn't really play anyone in friendlies for any long duration of time.

13. Wang-Sweet tag, I'm glad we got a few friendlies in so I could see how Iowa's play style is developing. I'll be going up to Iowa's smashfest at somepoint so hopefully I'll see you there as well.

Honorable Mentions

Nick-I think you and GameGenie would probably be my Broadcasting booth if I had to think about it because you definitly made Tyser screw up so I could hit him a few times, thanks, btw.

Uli-I'm glad to know you aren't married. Thanks for entertaining me while Connor was incapacitated. I know this was said at Davids, but we are totally going to have a Mega Man fest one of these days and you should attend.

Greg-Basically what I said to Uli, except I'm surprised to know you aren't married to 5 fine, exotic womans. Thanks for giving Dan **** about bailing on the driving, he deserved it.

Mushroomring-Thanks for openly rooting against me vs Trent, you almost made me lose concentration
(don't ever do that again)
<3

Dan-Wow, I can't believe I actually saw you. Dan is one of my best friends and I don't ever see him. Thanks for making it so my SD card makes brawl quit working (easy fix, just eject it unless I'm playing B-).

Auras mom and sister-Thanks for not running me and gamegenie over, and the being cool.

If I forgot anyone who was there, like a delivery man or something, sorry.

resTy

Smash Champion
Nate got 5th but check out who he beat: Kirby, some random kid, GameGenie, one of our lower level guys, and ThuGz, another random dude. Looking at his win/loss record doesn't really make him stand out much. If he had played and performed well against Schism, Trent, Silver, Blank or me then maybe I would acknowledge him but at the moment he hasn't proven himself yet. I usually don't ever judge skill level based on placings. It's about what caliber players you beat and lost to. That's whats most important since people often times get **** bracketed.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
But he didn't get a chance to play any of the 5 of you, just the 5 people he played against. I'm pretty sure Schism/Trent/Blank/You would beat the tar out of him because he has all of my bad habits and then some, plus you are better players than him. I mean, you just listed the #1/2 players in Nebraska and two of the top 5 Iowa players to judge him against. He didn't disgrace himself against Joker, btw.

resTy

Smash Champion
Well, I'm just saying he beat nobodies. No merit is gained by doing that. He got a lucky bracket.
I didn't mean to discredit him (that much) but was aiming more at stating the fact of the matter.
Point him out to me next time he shows up and I'll play him. I wanna see how good he is.

EDIT: I didn't think he could beat those players I listed. I'd just like to see how well he would perform against them. At least I could get a broad idea of how he plays and his thought processes. It's easier to determine skill level that way. He should have played friendlies with people or at least made himself known. Which dude was he even?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
He was the tall guy in the Metallica shirt with the curly short hair. Being able to play friendlies was difficult because there were only 3 TV's to play (**** you melee kids!!!!), there were tournament matches going on most of the time, and they didn't arrive until like 5:30. Blank and I walked from downstairs, to upstairs in the kitchen, to the living room, we walked around forever and we didn't get a TV to play on until there were 3 minutes left. He did play a few friendlies but not against the top tier talent, which is alright because he isn't going to learn much until he can beat the rest of the crew consistently.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Going to steal Rob's shoutout list because I'm KFCrusty.

Joker - No Peacewalker and no SC2? Dodge more mang.

Blank - Showed up in sweats with a "cheese" stain and crazy hair. Keepin' it classy, good stuff.

Tyser - Update your Facebook with your middle name bro. And don't shave, you'll be able to say you're Yakuza if you keep it up.

Rob - I'd commentate for you. It'd be legit, all I do is walk around and hype anyway. Glad to see your sticking with Wolf, you're way better with him than your others. Good **** vs Trent.

Math - I don't know you but you were playing ZSS. Legit.

Schism - Of everyone who still plays Brawl in tournys you still playing befuddles me the most.

ThuGz - You are exactly what I expected from your posts.

Trent - You seemed kinda pissed everytime I saw you so we didn't talk lol.

GameGenie - You're so loud dude. It's amazing. Also you'd make a great ninja the way you disappeared in Tyser's car and all.

Bordm - Didn't really see you.

Silver - We need to play Monster Hunter 4reelz.

Smeesh - Excellent pianownage.

Aura - Yeah dude. Props for hosting, what'd your family think of us? I tried not to scream obscenities. But you know how it goes.

Bpow - You missed some shenanigans dude.

Light - Don't think I saw you too much except for early on.

Wang -Dude. We are unstoppable drunken 2v2. All you gotta do is HQYZ and we win. Good games though.

Nick - Dude you're so cool. Real.

Uli - Thanks for helping us on Demon's Souls? I don't really remember the phone call but I'm sure it was productive.

Greg - I'll teach you Zerg. And you can teach me Yugimans.

Mushroomz - Good to see you again.

Dan - Thanks for hosting the aftermath of the tourny. Good stuff.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Thanks for hosting this tourney Aura despite the fact I got taken out by some random Lincoln monkey who has the same name as me but was a close game regardless.

Gregdang: Thanks for the Yugioh matches son, you helped me a little bit and told a little what to improve in my extra deck, I keep that in mind next time I search for sychros. Also bring your PKMN next time.

Uli: **** X-Sabers

Musrooming: I finally beat u in PKMN but U decided to mess me up with a Scarf Jirachi that outran my areodactyl next game but beat u 3rd match we had but otherwise GG man.

Tyser: thanks for letting me stay at your place man it was worth hanging out with u and the others.

Joker: How u like rainbow horse **** sent to your cell? Also I thank u and Iowa for droping me off at my house despite the twist and lots of turns through downtown and North Omaha.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Nate/Trent/Silver/Rob's friends does anyone wanna play tuesday through thursday? rob said he might be able to play friday, but till then i'd like to get some local smash in

THuGz

Smash Lord
No I do not sir. If trent is there just ask him for my number now and text me so i have it. Also, i talked to nate and he might be able to play tomorrow as well as maybe his roommate and i wanna talk to that other dude that lives near you guys

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser if we ever team again our team name should be "Good Cop, Bad Cop", so long as your keep your stache, otherwise I'm afraid I don't think we could be a good team.

resTy

Smash Champion
Sounds good but I don't plan on ever playing Brawl teams ever again though.
Teams frustrates me, but Brawl Teams is the worst thing I've ever gamed.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
A bit of a delayed reaction, but I actually enjoy fighting Schism all the time. I feel like we're relatively close in skill, and it's nice to have at least one fight that isn't a curb-stomp battle in either direction (no offense intended to anyone or anything).

Plus I feel pretty comfortable with the GnW matchup because of it.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Dan-Wow, I can't believe I actually saw you. Dan is one of my best friends and I don't ever see him. Thanks for making it so my SD card makes brawl quit working (easy fix, just eject it unless I'm playing B-).
Schoooollllll johnnnnnzzzzzzz

Seriously though, the SD does that? Awesome. I'll look into getting homebrew on your Wii again once I feel like it.

Dan - Thanks for hosting the aftermath of the tourny. Good stuff.
Having you and Nick work me over like that while you were both falling-down drunk was somethin'. I got some work to do, haha.

A bit of a delayed reaction, but I actually enjoy fighting Schism all the time. I feel like we're relatively close in skill, and it's nice to have at least one fight that isn't a curb-stomp battle in either direction (no offense intended to anyone or anything.
Man we gotta get some of them Pittos going.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Late shutouts but that's what I do >.<

Joker - Play more StarCraft

Tyser - Melee was awesome and the Clannad talk was legit

Rob - Awesome mustache >.0

ThuGz - Nice meeting you hope to see you in more tourneys.

Trent - FACK NINTENDO awesome team.

GameGenie - Soooo get on the far right lane and turn left then just keep on going straight >.<

Silver - I finally see you and we didn't got to play besides doubles T.T however you playing the Zelda song was awesome ^.^

Smeesh - Always good to see you, the autograph thing was just hilarious XD

Aura - Awesome tourney man also thanks for the snacks and drinks I just wish I knew about them sooner although we tried to finish them all at the end ^.^

Nick - Man Pokemon was being stupid to me that day since my game wasn't working right which is what happens when you choose pokemans over SC

Uli - You should have join the Clannad talked ^.^

Mushroomring - You are the Pokemon champ for a reason.

Dan - I don't think we have played for a while now we should do that next time >.0

GG to everyone I played specially the new people there since I only got to play them a set and didn't talk much so yeah see you guys next time.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm too lazy to do shoutouts, I'll just say thanks to everyone who showed up (even Dan :p).

And now we decide when to hold the next one. The 30th of October is the earliest date I can host again.

@Joker: Don't worry, I'll make sure people know about snacks and stuff earlier next time ;)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
KMYM2 sounds like it's going to be the 13th of November which is 2 weeks before Brainshock (27th). Just some FYI cause those are the biggest regional tournaments in that time frame.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Late shutouts but that's what I do >.<

Joker - Play more StarCraft

Tyser - Melee was awesome and the Clannad talk was legit

Rob - Awesome mustache >.0

ThuGz - Nice meeting you hope to see you in more tourneys.

Trent - FACK NINTENDO awesome team.

GameGenie - Soooo get on the far right lane and turn left then just keep on going straight >.<

Silver - I finally see you and we didn't got to play besides doubles T.T however you playing the Zelda song was awesome ^.^

Smeesh - Always good to see you, the autograph thing was just hilarious XD

Aura - Awesome tourney man also thanks for the snacks and drinks I just wish I knew about them sooner although we tried to finish them all at the end ^.^

Nick - Man Pokemon was being stupid to me that day since my game wasn't working right which is what happens when you choose pokemans over SC

Uli - You should have join the Clannad talked ^.^

Mushroomring - You are the Pokemon champ for a reason.

Dan - I don't think we have played for a while now we should do that next time >.0

GG to everyone I played specially the new people there since I only got to play them a set and didn't talk much so yeah see you guys next time.
Shut up about that man, I'm sorry that there was construction up the *** in those directions and I should be PKMN master after beating Matt.

Also I'm missing my Tuner's Scheme card at either Aura's or Tyser's place. It was in a black card sleeve with trippy effects on the back, did anyone seen it?

resTy

Smash Champion
Beating Matt a few times doesn't claim you the position of Pokemon Master.
That's like Trent or Rob beating me in a tournament set, they wouldn't be the new Brawl King.
Granted, neither of them has accomplished such a feat yet, but still...

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Fine I get it. Also a bird decided to take a crap in my hair yesterday and I am pretty pissed about it, this is probaly because I didn't play Falco at this monthly.

Top Bottom