• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dj browny plays sonic, look two posts above yours, its right there.
there's also some kid called fruity of something in nsw thats a god at sonic apparently.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol,
a 'god' at sonic eh

Sonic can never be made anything close to a god, and I've never heard of this guy or even seen any placings so i dont know what you're on about :/

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've never seen Sonic do well in Melbourne. Maybe our ones just suck.. or our scene knows better than to let a Sonic place high. Yeah I'll take that one.

S.D

Smash Master
I know browny does well in SA and Fruity is really impressive too.

That being said Fruity hasn't really placed well as of yet, he just makes Sonic look really sexy. I remember feeling totally helpless against him even though I won in a 2 stock. He's good vs spastics like Turtle though :p

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
That's not true CAO. That's like saying we have no good Toon Link's in Melbourne because none has ever placed high but you know Nay is a force to be reckoned with in tournaments. We have 2 Sonic's atm that are good, just haven't placed well. So the latter is correct, we just don't allow Sonic to do well. :) My two cents.

(The 2 Sonics are lee and Nix, they both have excellent playstyles)

I LAG

Smash Lord
if i vsed a sonic i wouldn't know wat to do so i would probably nado spam assuming mach tornado wrecks sonic .

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
There are decent Sonics in Melbourne but they can't place high because it's Sonic. That's what I meant when I said our scene knows better than to let them place high. We just use cheaper **** and shut them down. :)

I LAG

Smash Lord
Cao if i put "Boozer is to cute" at the end of every post would that stop you from giving me infractions.

EDIT: i guess not :(. you didn't have to give me an infraction for this post i was asking a question.

S.D

Smash Master
if i vsed a sonic i wouldn't know wat to do so i would probably nado spam assuming mach tornado wrecks sonic .
Isn't that what you assume about everyone?

The reason you get so many infractions is because you contribute little aside from unrelated, useless spam. Read the forum rules...

Browny

Smash Hater
lol nice...

and someone force those 3 other sonics to get wifi. srsly wtf of like the 5 sonic mains in this country why the hell is it me and Lizam are the only ones who actually have a working internet connection

S.D

Smash Master
lol nice...

and someone force those 3 other sonics to get wifi. srsly wtf of like the 5 sonic mains in this country why the hell is it me and Lizam are the only ones who actually have a working internet connection
A working internet connection does not equal a desire to play wifi...

I haven't seen Fruity on the boards either so good luck finding him :ohwell:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sonics have placed well in highly competitive regions in the US. In other words, it's possible for Sonic to place top 8.

But within the region of S.A, there is one critical problem; no one mains a character that completely wrecks Sonic. And if they use one, browny often switches to Snake. As he is still a good player, no doubt, people have given up using 'top/high tier' secondaries as to try and counter Sonic, because in turn they just get countered (most likely). That shows, for lack of a better words, a scrub mindset. They're playing a character that doesn't do as well against Sonic as others (or just suck) and continue to not realise their critical flaw; a flaw that browny covers by using Snake.

What does that mean to this? It means people of S.A. need to get better, or be more proactive in the advancement of their game. But from what I understand, most of S.A. doesn't care too much either. It's all within a LAN tournament that anyone interested participates in [brawl].

Browny

Smash Hater
The only critical flaw as you say is the lack of SA people really caring, nothing else. There are lots of good players living here who rarely come to tournaments and of those that do, few actually want to put the time and effort into becoming very good at it. BTW ill CP the entire cast if I have to, not just snake :p

Top Bottom