• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Sirias

Smash Champion
Whoa, Brisbane's fares are like... second cheapest. That's awesome. Pro, even.

I could totally go. D:
But do I WANT to go?
No. No not really, not at this point in time.
Omigawd Brawl will be out by then and Zac will have it so I'll be crashing at his house for the next month or so when he gets it, yeah. : D Fun fun bubblegum.

---
Edit:
Mm, no, wait, he's going. D:
---

I don't think it's 1500 for ONLY smash, too. It's a massive gaming event, isn't it? Migawd, I'll own everyone at the Digital Art Competition. Ya totally.
I'll win every possible tournament and get like $80,000. Oooh yeah. Possible.
Sif.

But man, this is m-m-m-miles away. JANUARY!
Sounds like a plan, though.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I cannot get my tickets until I confirm what my graduate job will be. I'll find out in a week or two.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
How many people will be running the Smash tournies and is there a cap (should consider it given the number of people and time restrictions)? I have never seen a 128+ man tourney run successfully with just 1 main person running it (NCT2 = epic fail)

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
There will be a few people running it with a fair few helpers to make sure it runs ok.

It will probly be capped but we are not sure of the numbers.

We need as many GC's/Wii's, SSBM discs, controls, tvs and memory cards as possible to make it run smooth.

Omojica

Smash Cadet
or maybe we can copy americans lol, and do a east AUS vs west AUS

like uhhh.....east would be qld/melb/nsw?
and maybe west would be adel/perth?

but normal state crews would be abit better... west vs east is just an idea....

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Cao. You should be Interstate overseer of the tournament. Sort of like a representative for us OOSers. If you want :)
If he wants he can be the Interstate SSBM Rep and could probly even help with the running of the Smash comps.

Hopefully we can get enough people from most states to join in on the state crew battles.

SA has home feild advantage :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Interstate rep? cool, happy to help - thx Freddo and Jamage

Awww, Queensland and Victoria as one. (Doesn't understand the logic behind it, but wub <3... perhaps there a strong connection b/w us) Why cant NSW join?

EAST COAST TOO STRONG

King Kong

Smash Lord
I think it should be something fairly even and random.

Like, Perth, Victoria and Adelaide vs QLD, NSW and Tassie. That splits up the high level players fairly evenly and keeps the numbers up. QLD has too many solid players for us to team with Vic, we'd just send out cao and freddo first then spam the other states with our Samus players.

Peace out

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Samus doesn't work against Ryan my dear Josh.
Remember that 3 stock?
It was painful
I felt it.

Besides, Cao loves shouting QUEENSSSLANDAAHHHH. Might as well give him a reason to :D <3

freddo

Smash Journeyman
lol @ spamming other states with Samus players. Samus is so cheap, I hate you guys.

Yeah Cao, you don't have to do much, just tell people what to do. I hope there's no weird rule set about who picks what stage and what the loser/winner can/can't do. You can be our voice!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Kulla and I have a copy of the files but we cant find the codec for it anywhere! Help us Sloth - I wanna see me lose to a GAME AND WATCH WAHAHAHAHAH

Sloth

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've been lazy lately. Hence my name. Stuff has been happening and I haven't been online.

CAOTIC, cineform is a popular codec at compressing HD files. The only problem is that it isn't a 'free-to-download' codec. Basically, I got it onto my computer by installing Sony Vegas 7.0 and didn't realize that it was such a hard codec to obtain.

Either you can download Sony Vegas, it is about 300meg, or alternatively, I can get off my fat arse and post it to you. I am working till 6pm most days next week, but I should have a early finish one of the days to make it to the post office.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
OK, well i want to go to this big lan

i'll go fo sho if sloth does, and i want to use a pc to enter quake 4 and quake 3 comps >.>

tho i'm sure the greats will probably be there

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Disregard what Kizmmit has said on the Reloaded forums, he has no idea. Just a young angry kid.

Anyway your all welcome at reloaded, the more the merrier.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah don't worry about it. I caught the new rules on the reloaded boards though:

SSBM 2v2

Administration by AVCON
Cash Prize: $1000
Format: double elim 3 stock
Time: 6 minutes (top 8 best 2/3 games)
Maps: random out of Final Destination, Kirby's Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams unless players agree on a stage.

Rules

*Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.

*Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

---

Couple questions:

- Is it going it be a straight up DE bracket? (No pools?)
- Any seeding? A suggestion would be to evenly spread out every single interstate player over the bracket from top to bottom, so we dont get any nasty clustering of good players, friends, etc.
- top 8 = best 2/3?? How does best of 2 work? it should be 3, haha. and keep the finals to 4 stock 8 minutes. i dont mind the 3 stock/1 match/6 minute deal leading up to the top 8.
- no stage canceling? stage canceling is necessary, especially seeing most of the matches will consist of only 1 match on a random stage.
- double blinds needs to be enforced

but i guess it was just a prelim set of rules and will probably be more detailed later on.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
4 words when i forst saw it. Crap on a crap! This is....i mean....wow.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hellz yeaa, my career is now sorted out! I will be working for the Victorian State Government in the Department of Infrastructure but ive been given less than 24 hours to decide which division i wanna work for - the public transport division or the office of coordinator general ><"

but i will spend a year rotating in different departments, hopefully treasury and sustainability&environment - it will be interesting tasting bureaucracy

so... may victoria's public transport or infrastructure suck less under my involvement

*toast* haha

now i know what my holidays will be like and i can go all out in brisbane and adelaide as long as i want :)

on topic:

CHARIZARD IS WUB! CUUUUUUUUUTE LIKE A BOOOOZER
wubwubwubwubwubwub

No Meowth for CATS I thinks!

Kizmmit

Smash Cadet
Disregard what Kizmmit has said on the Reloaded forums, he has no idea. Just a young angry kid.

Anyway your all welcome at reloaded, the more the merrier.
Rofl. Just because of me disagreeing with what you've said and completely ignoring what I said to you on msn you think you're right. Kthx.

My opinions are just as valid as yours, and threatening to ban me on lpc forums doesn't work on reloaded forums.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Hellz yeaa, my career is now sorted out! I will be working for the Victorian State Government in the Department of Infrastructure but ive been given less than 24 hours to decide which division i wanna work for - the public transport division or the office of coordinator general ><"

but i will spend a year rotating in different departments, hopefully treasury and sustainability&environment - it will be interesting tasting bureaucracy

so... may victoria's public transport or infrastructure suck less under my involvement

*toast* haha

now i know what my holidays will be like and i can go all out in brisbane and adelaide as long as i want :)

on topic:

CHARIZARD IS WUB! CUUUUUUUUUTE LIKE A BOOOOZER
wubwubwubwubwubwub

No Meowth for CATS I thinks!
Cao that's awesome. You must be really excited and relieved to have a career lined up for you (obviously not as exciting as having Charizard as a playable character in Smash, though =P).

1000th post yayuhz.

Zath

Smash Rookie
@ at kiz and jam: stop *****ing at each other, you're starting to make it across 3 forums. stop it. now.

seriously.

@ CAO: Me and jamage are currently attempting to get the rules definded a bit better for the tourny, such as actually making sure things are on 60Hz, no items, friendly fire on, etc.

Either way, you're gonna be stealing our money with your smash skills =\

and latest dojo update: lamest. thing. ever.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Rofl. Just because of me disagreeing with what you've said and completely ignoring what I said to you on msn you think you're right. Kthx.

My opinions are just as valid as yours, and threatening to ban me on lpc forums doesn't work on reloaded forums.

No Kizmmi your opinions are bs , you have no idea what u are talking about and you are wrong about it.

I AM RIGHT

Ive been asked by one of your freinds to consider taking you out of the state rankings because of the way you are acting. If you acted the way you have on any other forum you probly would alreaady be banned and the threat was for good reasons, anyone just has to go on the LPC forums and see your, flamming, bagging, whinging, swearing, racism etc.

Just STFU before you get yourself into more trouble!!!!!!!!!!

CATS

Smash Journeyman
cao says 'No Meowth for CATS I thinks!'? wait a second i said they should put in meowth OR pokemon trainer ;3

cept no throwing rocks and bait awww :'(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Enough with the arguing. If you have to fight, take it to PM's.

I hope you can turn individual AT's on and off, otherwise this guy might have just killed AT's being tourney legal. :/

Top Bottom