• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Richaod: Where do you live?! :crazy: If you say South-Eastern suburbs, I will kneel and kiss thy feet! If you say North-Western, I'll be forced to hunt you down and wedgie you. Severely too, not the pleasant, slightly arousing wedgie you may or may not have already experienced. :eek:

Mic: Heh heh heh :D. Well I suddenly feel tempted to get one on you too.. perhaps later.

By the way Richaod, do you like Linkin Park and Nickelback by any chance? :chuckle:

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
Erm, I live in Templestowe. North-East, in that case.

I maaaaaaay (elongelated, forgot spelling of first word in brackets) not be able to play against anyone, but feel free to ask.

Oh yeah, and about the Linkin Park/Nickelback thing, it's just that I listen to my favourite songs... If I had to make it more specific it'd be Papercut, Aerodynamic, and maybe fti and p.o.a and... (the majority of the list).

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Templestowe!? EGAD MAN! That's Doncaster/Box Hill way if I'm not mistaken! Thats at least a 45 min drive. Well, I may come visit you when I get my P's in the very near future. But what on Earth do you mean when you say you might not be able to play? Mum thinks Smash is too violent? :chuckle:

kupo

Smash Lord
But what on Earth do you mean when you say you might not be able to play?
I PM'd Richoad the other day and he said he'll be out from Boxing Day til the 29th.

...or he has no freedom...^^;;.

d***, I should've got Tactics Advance than Pokemon...*smacks head*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Bizarre. Oh well, I'm getting my P's in JAN, so it really doesn't worry me if he cant play from 26th-29th DEC. Especially since its already the 27th, nearly 28th. Bah, no matter. Who wants a chocolate frog? Any takers? Kupo? :D

Roy Ranevski

Smash Rookie
I think we should make a collection of where all the aus gamers on these boards live. It would make it easy to see if it's possible to make an Aus-wide tourney. I reckon that there's gotta be at least a good 25 or so ppl here in Sydney... if only I knew where they were :\.

So yeh we should figure out a way to get an Aus-wide tourney, or at least a tourney in Sydney going or somethin. This ain't never gonna happen unless we work it out ourselves, (as I found out playing CvS2.)

So yeh, everyone post where they live so we can compile a list or somethin. If for nothin else you can find ppl in your area and play them for run.

EDIT: Btw, I gladly welcome any challengers in all games - specially PD ;). Not to brag but I strolled through PA and got all cheats no problems. 7 Darksims vs me ain't no challenge, so anyone up for a game, I'm glad to comply... although I am getting rusty *runs from keyboard and goes to play PD (blows dust off N64, smiles)*

kupo

Smash Lord
Ranevski: Check back a few pages. Nesis posted the locations of the "current" known people/smashers.
As for a tourney, it'll never happen (well, an "official" one). I'll even bet that the smashers that nesis mentioned earlier don't even play anymore.

Are you serious? You chose Pokemon over FF tactics advance! How could you?
**** yeah, I would. I totally loved tactics on the ps1.

Who wants a chocolate frog? Any takers? Kupo?
Choggy froggy from Jonny? You ruined my night and the next day onwards. =P

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by kupo

d***, I should've got Tactics Advance than Pokemon...*smacks head*
If you mean Ruby or saphire...whoo! Me and Musgrave have been trying to track down enough people to do a pokemon contest, as you need 4 players. Cool!

iOriginally posted by Roy Ranevski
Btw, I gladly welcome any challengers in all games - specially PD . Not to brag but I strolled through PA and got all cheats no problems. 7 Darksims vs me ain't no challenge, so anyone up for a game, I'm glad to comply... although I am getting rusty *runs from keyboard and goes to play PD (blows dust off N64, smiles)*
Have you got War!? If so...I'm gonna cry! You are in the eastern states...wah!

Roy Ranevski

Smash Rookie
Yeh that means I've got war, completed on all difficulties :). From memory my PA time is 3:27, so I didnt use the 'wait till they run out of skedar and do the level in 84mins' trick either.

EDIT: If you want proof I'd be glad to post it, just ask.

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by SabreAnt
Templestowe!? EGAD MAN! That's Doncaster/Box Hill way if I'm not mistaken! Thats at least a 45 min drive.
Exactly.

But what on Earth do you mean when you say you might not be able to play? Mum thinks Smash is too violent? :chuckle:
:rotfl: :laugh: :chuckle: NO. It's not the Smash factor, it's the people factor. X-Factor? That's just a buzzkiller.

It can be arranged if one willing to challenge me, but give me some notice. Memory Card and Controllers are important as my friends are almost formidable (though I can consistently beat them with no interference or stupid character usage).

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Alright Richaod, I'm getting my P's in a few weeks, so when I do we'll organise a time and date that suits us both and I'll drive up to your place, or wherever you decide, in case you don't trust me at your house. :D According to Kupo, I live in a garbage dump, so I wouldn't want to stink up your house.

When I do come, I'll see if any of my buddies want to hitch a ride in case they can conveniently come too. This includes Cronos_Rainbow, Kupo, CR's gf (girlfriend, not Guardian Force.. although...) and my friend Dale - who sucks. Well they all suck compared to me, so you know... :rotfl:

If none of em can come, oh well. I'll just have to fight a match in their honour for each of them. CR would want me to use Fox, Dale want me to use Sheik on his behalf, Leena (the gf) would want me to use Marth and Kupo would without a doubt want me to fight with Bowser. Heh heh heh..

kupo

Smash Lord
I'd be glad to. But I can't on weekdays because I've got a busy busy schedule (like work=P). Weekends are absolutely perfect :D.

If you mean Ruby or saphire...whoo! Me and Musgrave have been trying to track down enough people to do a pokemon contest, as you need 4 players. Cool!
Pokemon contest?o.o You mean like in the main game? o.0.

Jon-e: Do tell us when you get your P's.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I'll come in my suped up mega awesome go-unit of V8 monster beast turbocharged maniacal machine called

mummies car

:rolleyes:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll come in my suped up mega awesome go-unit of V8 monster beast turbocharged maniacal machine called

mummies car

:rolleyes:
WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Very LOL.

Hey, Quetza and co., MAke sure you read the TV guide in the 3/1/04 sat paper. The bit at the begining with useless facts like ammount of paint used in a town or whatever. There is one realy interesting fact Quetza might be interested in seeing.

Pokemon contest?o.o You mean like in the main game? o.0.
Yes, like the main game.

Oh, and happy new year everyone.

And Guy didn't win (yay he lost, boo oz lost) and neither did the yank. Haha.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is not a double post.

Quetza and co, are you guys up for some smashing and stuf soon? This week-end maybe? I'll ring you quetza tonite.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
heh heh lol Guy looks like a troll. How come that guy called Kurt won world idol!! I can't believe that!
Guy has a very unique face, but I wouldn't call him a troll. Kurt Nilsen scored so well because he did an excellent impersonation of the U2 version. It was exactly what the masses wanted to hear and he delivered it the same way it was originally formed. It was a hit then, and he brought it back flawlessly. If anyone, Kurt looks like a troll ;)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think he meant like those troll dolls, the ones with the wierd hair. But the winner is ugly.

Kirby_M@ster

Smash Ace
I'm sorry to break up ur convo on World Idol just briefly, but:
On the first page of this topic, at the bottom, Cronos_Rainbow said she lived in Victoria. Where abouts Cronos_rainbow? I live in Vic too, so maybe we can fight? Hope so.

kupo

Smash Lord
Cronos_Rainbow said SHE lived in Victoria
LOL. She dates girls! :rolleyes:

uh yeah...
CR and SA are in Hampton Park.
Jon: Leena told me she's improved in smash.

I was hoping Guy would get top 5. He choose a rather difficult song, don't ye think? I reckon if Paulini won idol instead of Guy, she'd be on top with Kelly.
Just wondering...The first Idol that went first (German?), what did he place? Bottom five me thinks...
(she's maniac, MANIAC).

*~*I almost hit 1000 kills in survival mode (zoe)!!*~*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I was simply going to say we (Cronos and I) live near Dandenong but since you've deciding to give away our exact hideout Kupo, we may aswell mention you live in Mulgrave :p and oh yeah, if Cronos reads that 'she' thing I'll think he'll piss himself laughing. :D

Hampton Park is as I said, near Dandenong. Tell us, where are you KM? Perhaps a meeting will take place. As I am soon to recieve my P's. I'll drive the gang wherever. Even Albury if need be. Moe too, I dont care. So where are ya?

Emily: Leena's Marth is gay and my DK will always reign supreme!! MUHAHAHMAHAHAUAHAMAUAHBAMUAHBA AMAAJUAHAAA! Shaz tells me you've gotten gay at smash. Either that or he is now a god. :chuckle:

Kirby_M@ster

Smash Ace
That's well and good, but I'm... younger than alot of you would be(i'm a while off my L plates even!), and my parents wouldn't appreciate me being with a bunch of strangers (well, to a certain degree "strangers".) and whatnot. So, maybe there'll be like... a tourney or something, maybe at a Hall. Y'know,one of those places you can rent for.. however long, and have a party, or open a shop, or something.
Come to think of it.. in my town, (seymour), there is an internet/gaming cafe called "The Stronghold". I know the owner fairly well, maybe we can talk him into letting us set up the cubes there, or something.

Anyway, It's all more complicated than just driving over and showing up at the door, unfortunately. We'll see what happens.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Quetza and co, I hope Friday's still on, and we will hopefully cream you at smash (for a change;)) This isn't a bump, by the way.

Oh, and guys? could you please vote and such at TheMasterFoot's Big brother game? I'm in and could use some suopport if I get nominated for eviction. There's a link in my Sig.

BTW, I GOT INTO TAFE! WHO-HOO! And we managed to sel our house yersterday too!

Yesterday was a goooood day

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
sorry mic, my mum says friday's no good, its going to have to be thursday, if this is an inconvenience, ring me. Otherwise, prepared to be thoroughly mauled in both smash and SC2 hehehe.
By the way, I have final fantasy X so you can have a look next time if you want. I am just in the process of making my characters ultimate.
SabreAnt, did you get everyone's ultimate weapons and max stats before taking on the dark aeons? By the way don't say anything about the location of ultimate weapons!

I was disappointed in Guy not getting a good place in WI. The votes were ridiculous anyway, i was just glad Kelly didn't win, she looked so gobsmacked when Kurt was getting top points from nearly every country.

Congrats on getting into tafe and selling your house, where are you moving to?

Kirby master, your parents shouldn't need to worry about meeting up with strange people. I'm sure they're not homicidal maniacs. When mic_128 and rmusgrave came to my house, they sustained little injury other than being harassed by small dogs with a foot fetish.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, but they could play smash, so i didn't realy mind. Thursday is no good, I'll ring this arvo though.
I'm just moving from Noranda to Beechborough. Not too far away, but closer to Musgrave so more practise = playing better = losing less. Although, we'll be moving early march, so no changer for a while. I'm just glad that we don't have to have home opens. I hate cleaning my room. The less floor seen the better!

Quetza, what subjects are you and friends doing this year?

EDIT: And can you turn on the option that leets you know when you get a new PM, you were on for about 5 mins and I sent you one.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
The less floor seen the better!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Aint that the truth! My mum is making me clean my room now that I've finished highschool and can no longer rely on the 'school is stressful and frantic' excuse that served me for many a year. Its currently taken me around 11 hours to get as far as I have and seems around another 6 hours to go! :D I hadn't seen more than 20% of my floor at once since about 8 years ago. Its bizarre seeing at least 70% in one glance.

Quetzalcoatl: Yeah, got all celestial weapons except Yuna's when I started taking down Dark Aeons, but was far far from max stats. In fact, I was getting close to max stats with everyone but my Tidus, (he sucks) and decided to go back and delete all 1's and 2's on the sphere grid to make more room. I had my Lulu on 255 on all but Magic and Luck, which are the two most difficult attributes to max out. Especially Luck. Ouch. So yeah, all my guys have taken a step back atm and am about to rebuild them all up with better stats and more HP. I've beaten all but Penance now, and he is partly the reason I went back and deleted low value spheres. He is very tricky. But I refuse to Zanmato him. I will defeat him properly.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
sabreant: i have max stats for my characters with the exception of luck which i am doing now. Yuna has almost maxed out luck (205 i think), but the road to maxing out everyone else's luck will be painful. After that I just need to fill in the rest of the sphere grid with HP spheres. Then I plan on slaughtering everything in the game, starting with the Dingo in Besaid.

With maxed out magic and with her ultimate weapon, Lulu can do 2x99,999 damage by DoubleCasting an 'ara spell (blizzara, fira etc.). But if you want a guaranteed 99999 go with flare or ultima. :) .

Before I became somewhat ultimate i was constantly running into all the dark aeons when i was capturing monsters, what a pain, especially if i had done a lot of work. I was crapping my pants when I was being chased by the dark Magus sisters. I didn't get away and they slaughtered my magus sisters then proceeded to maul the rest of my party.

I found Yuna's ultimate weapon the easiest to get. If you need help PM me.

mic: I turned on the option, I forgot to do that from last time, whoops!.

I'm doing english lit, japanese, applicable maths, interactive media and chemistry this year. What are you studying at tafe?

prepare for whoopage in SCII. :D

kupo

Smash Lord
Bah, Dark Aeons. Just Zanmoto the jerks (except Yojimbo;)). I've only got the Saturn Sigil left (Butterfly mini-game). I've defeated most of the aeons, just leaving the sistas, Anima and Penance.
Hmm, did you delete ALL the HP 200 speheres to max out?

LOLOLOL. :D
Think maxing out luck is hard? Try out the Final Fantasy Tactics SCC (Single character challenge), with calculators.
Trust me, it'll drive you so insane, you'll swear your *** off, rip your hair off, break your controls (and windows), have the urge to beat up shaz and Jon :p and wishing that the mighty Orlandu a.k.a Thunder God Cid is there to kick Balks *** so hard it'll kiss the moon hard.
*~*~*~*
I hate balkster...I want him to sit RIGHT in front of a plasma screen and play Forsaken 24/7 til his head explodes.
And I'll do the same with Wiegraf...***!
*~*~*~*
(Balk and Wiegraf are the WORST bosses, and WILL kick your @55 hardcore if not prepared. Leveling up to 99? Ha!)

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I got my friends FFX - they're stuck on that monster thing that you attack while on top of the cruiser (when you have to move the ship and stuff). Yuna's marrying the ghost of Seymour or something, and he has to use mostly Kimahri and Lulu. Wakka (wakkawakkawakka - stupid muppet bears) just sucks, I think his overdrive is worse than a dark attack or something. Anyway, it's pretty hard, at least in their current condition.

On a side note, I've taken to playing a lot of Soul Calibur II (I might not have played SSBM for a month or so, bad form), but it gets boring once you stop unlocking stuff. Or when you have no multiplayer competition. SSBM - I play Marth, Sheik, Samus and Link, SCII Xianghua, Ivy, Cervantes (have to work on the latter two). I can play Link alright in Soul Calibur II, just his lack of good moves is really stupid.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hey Quetza, quote by me:

got all celestial weapons except Yuna's when I started taking down Dark Aeons
Yeah, you might of misunderstood me. I've done stacks since I began, all I have left is Penance's life to claim and I'm done (also maxing stats but pfft.. you dont need stats maxed to beat him - you need strategy). Thanks for your offer though ;) very kindly. I have had Yuna's weapon for some months.

have the urge to beat up shaz and Jon
Well the Shaz part I can understand, but WHGGGAT!? Me too? What have I ever done to you aside from make you submit to my ultimate DK superiority? Oh yeah... that..

Hey Richaod, I'll be getting my P's on the 29th of this month (hopefully) and I'll be coming your way. Practice on your Smash skills man :) Oh yeah, in SCII: I play the ultimate and unbeatable button mashing n00b of surprising difficulty. Watch out :p

btw, if you find that your guys are to weak to beat the guardian Evrae(Ervae - whatever it is) then you can go back into the airship and fight fiends. How stupidly convenient is that! :D

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the FFX advice... On the 29th, huh? I may be preparing for school by then, but stuff it, I don't care.

In an attempt to make myself look better, I'll get friends over or something. Our skill level difference is similar for both games (well, I dominate in SSBM but not necessarily in SCII). Hmm, suddenly I feel like an idiot. Better do something useful...

Oh, and one of my SCII rules is no using Nightmare - at the noob level, he just dominates too much.

snex

Smash Master
for any of you that are old enough and have the means to travel, we are holding a huge 2-day tourney in the states (south bend, IN to be exact) over the summer. we already have people from netherlands and england coming, and we are trying to get some japanese players as well. obviously it would be a costly trip, so there are large bonuses for anybody out of the country that wins. i believe there is at least $300 already put up for an out of country winner. specifics can be found here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32687

hope to see some of you next summer!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
heh, kupo, i'll be going to that tourney ( ^ ). you should try to make it so we can finally meet and i can completely dominate you in smash. and you can also see naruto. lots of it.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
None of us are listed under Australia in the Smashers by Region thread. Unfortunately, its closed for the time being, but once its up and running again, we should get our names on that list!
Only 1 person is listed under australia, but they are from Victoria. Check it out if you are interested.

Top Bottom