• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by CAOTIC
I'd go to Perth on the account of something else besides just Smash.
YEah. Cos we went to Melbourne to....um.....oh yeah, PLAY SMASH! What else did we do?

And I guess meeting and hanging around with us perthites doesn't count huh? I mean..we are soooo below you Cao.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
No, it's because I coudn't play Smash the whole time. I'd like to other things as well as Smash when I can. Otherwise it would get too mundane for me no matter who I was playing. When you guys were over here, I wasn't around for long, and when I was, I couldn't come every day, simply because I'd be smashed out. You're more into Smash than I am. You'd play it alot more intensely than I would. It's got nothing to do with not wanting to hang out with the Perthites, seriously.

The fact you thought that about me, is not cool. Oh well.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by CAOTIC
No, it's because I coudn't play Smash the whole time. I'd like to other things as well as Smash when I can. Otherwise it would get too mundane for me no matter who I was playing. When you guys were over here, I wasn't around for long, and when I was, I couldn't come every day, simply because I'd be smashed out. You're more into Smash than I am. You'd play it alot more intensely than I would. It's got nothing to do with not wanting to hang out with the Perthites, seriously.
Well then I guess it is a waste of money...for YOU! Just because YOU don't want to do it, it's a waste? Don't come then! Not all Perthites came over for @M, and we weren't expecting all (if any) Melbournians (And other states) to come rushing over.

The fact you thought that about me, is not cool. Oh well.
The way you said the stuff wasn't cool either. I really am disapointed in you Cao. :(

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
cos sunday appears to have been quite problematic for most, we'll postpone the tourney until maybe next week. But can everyone please make room in their schedules/give me an indication of what day is good for you.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord

NIPPLE STUDS!

FALCONED!

HOT BICEPTORIAL ACTION!

ITS MALE?!? GOOD ENOUGH! YEHS!

BOI'S! OOoOOOOOooooOOOO!

YEHS! MARIO, I LIKE IT THAT WAY!

STEP 1, FIRMLY GRASP YOUR JOYSTICK!! OOoOO!

SHAZ?! ON THE TRAIN TRACKS?! YEHS!

CLEARLY ITS A CASE OF BEING FAR TOOoOOO SEXY!

THATS CROTCHTASTIC!

OOOoOOOOOoooO! ITS MEeeEEe!

SEXYYYYYYY!!

LITTLE BOI! LOCK ON!

I'M THE SEXIER ONE! YEHS!

FOUND YOoOOOooOU! YEHS!

FLEXIN' THE BICEPTORIALS, OOoOOO

MUST... SUCK ... IN... CHEEKS.....

Tight tights.... YEHS! XD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hmm... I think I should use my 100th post on something more enlightening... Oh ****, lol. Jon comes in and infests the thread with extreme levels of Falconism XD. how fitting... NOT.

Sorry about disapointing you Perth guys - that got unnecessairly nasty, and I apologize again. That just totally sucked. Sigh... I'll start anew with a different attitude. From now on I'll pledge to help improve the state of Smash in all Aussie places, not just Melbourne's if I can, and shed the degrogratory talk. And if you guys do get it happening, I might consider coming if I have enough money, and if I can shove over my US schedule a bit to make room for Perth (and in turn miss out on a spade of potential US tourneys, lol XD), ok?

Remember, I suck, and I know it! XD. It's all my falut, it always is.

kupo

Smash Lord
I'm dedicated...I'd go to Perth >.>.

Mat, stop being stupid and quoting every line.

Perth is very worth going Cao. And i mean, it'd be great to hang out with the Perth gang cos well, they're cool ^^. We gotta keep the interstate rivalry going y'know? Smashing all day is good.(As well as going out but meh, if we can be bothered lol)

Anyhoo, this post isn't obviously as entertaining as Jon's post. I'm just having a say.

p.s

I love Perth very much. I wanna go back there Giiiiilbert!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It got nasty on both sides. Group hug!

Jon, **** you to sexy falcon hell dude. Can you get BM to copy that into page 1?

the Perth gang cos well, they're cool
We are? Hot ****!

Oh yeah. Burger (and other perthites) what day is good for a smashfest? We have the whole Easter weekend...

SHAZ?! ON THE TRAIN TRACKS?! YEHS!
Classic.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I couldn't stop laughing for so long after seeing your post Jon. Good stuff ;)

Whoa, this is what happens when I go to work? I should go more often so there's more to do on the boards XD.

And just to confirm it, I would fly to Perth for a tournament. It wouldn't cost me anywhere near as much though.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
And yet somehow this thread managed to reach page 2 when I checked this morning XD.

Group huggle?

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
XD jon your post was hillarious!

Anyway, It would be awesome if some people came over from melbourne and adelaide(if they want) to play smash and other various games around december. No going outside em ;) No ken either because he is an ***.(stupid sensors, you know the word)

Its possible for a smashfest this weekend, I could probably make it on friday afternoon or saturday afternoon.
Dont worry about it cao. It would be great if you could come in december.:)

Calvo

Smash Rookie
Hrm, well here I am again.

I'd completely forgot about these boards after I kind of shamed myself away from them when I missed mic at the airport a couple of moons ago. But fortunately he was kind enough to email me and let me know that yes, this thread still exists :p

Location update: Still in kalgoorlie, awaiting to go to Japan on student exchange next friday. I may be in perth for the entire day that day to pick up my student visa, I may just end up catching the evening flight if my visa arrives early. Take my word for it, dealing with Japanese universities involves getting documents the day before deadline at every stage of the exchange process, up to and including the student visa. Go figure :)

WTF am I doing update: Not a lot. I finished up work the other day so I'm amusing myself by making amv's and playing WoW.

Now. Brisbane players, why did you have to pick this year to start showing yourselves. I could have come along and gotten whooped, but no, not for another year. *folds arms melodramatically*

Glad to see @M was a success, I bet that was heaps of fun :)

Also I noticed a few of you guys bandying about japanese players names, if you could help me get in touch with the japanese smash community that would be great.

Anyway, I hope to be a bit more active here during the next year. I know I've said it before but hopefully I'll be far enough not to let down any of you guys in person this time :p

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Clearly one the sexiest posts on smashboards to date. Thankyou, thankyou. *bows* *accepts flowers, cards, chocolates, Up-B's CHCK YEHS! OOOOoOoOoOOoO* **** that sneaky sexy Falcon and his promiscuous ceremonies. I knew there was something hiding under that moving bedsheet. Tsk tsk.

I live to give, Up-b to Knee, and thrust for lust.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Calvo! Great to hear from you again! Gonna be up around Perth huh? Interesting...If I don't have work, and you get your passport and get to the port well before your flight leaves....want to play smash?:)

And just so things don't go like last time, here's my mobile no. 0407440893. Make sure to let me know what happens. And if posible PM me (or SMS me) your number so I can call ya. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jon.....you spandex-monkey...:rolleyes:

Calvo

Smash Rookie
I PM'ed you my mobile number.

I'll know on tuesday evening exactly what will be happening, so I'll make sure to let you know then

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Oooh, Fountain Gate and Southland. Mic, why don't you extend that hate to NSW and QLD? They get some of the action too, hehe.

Not terribly interested in the tour though. If there's ever a best poster award for 2005, I'm giving my vote straight to Jon! XD

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want a smashfest! :(

If you guys want a smashfest tomorrow night, you're gonna have to tell me before 4:30 today, so I don't sign up for work tomorrow.

Otherwise, I have the whole week off uni next week, so any day anyone's free, please tell me. :)

My vote for best Smash World Forums post ever - Jon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Best post - Votes Jon
Best Idea - Ryan (For smashfest)
Best suck up - Mic

Bought Frozen Throne so now Warcraft is required then Hero Seige/RPG/comp crashing causing people to swear and wait to be able to drop my disconnected comp.

*Ahem*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Had a smashfest today at Reon’s and it was great. Some funny and interesting casual matches played, and I experimented with characters I’ve previously never touched. Zelda and Young Link are cool (hahaha Falco and Bowser are still my mains but I like to get distracted). But it turns out my bird and beast sucked in Lightning so I chose Peach and she became god, lol. You can get away with just dash CC-ing to D-Smash every time, lol. Such n00bish tactics could never be gotten away with in normal melee.

Divine Cronos - C’mon! Take up teh Falco! Fox is so bleh! And it would be sooo cool if you took up Jiggs as your main. We need one!
Reon - You have better mind games and apply more pressure than Divine, but you’re too predictable with Fox’s u-air and your dash grab =P But who am I to talk? I suck, lol.
Dan – Has a good Sheik. ***** everything except Peach, hahaha.

Anf, you suck. XD Stop running away and Smash with me right-winger!!

(To the Southland guys) I acknowledge your Hyrule argument, cus it's good fun and all, but it doesn’t help certain aspects of your game. Neither does the lightning mode, but it was still good fun, eyy? That’s what it’s all about I suppose.

I will update on my Smashfest date, but I'm reluctant to hold anything early, so it's possible that the meet might be postponed until the very last Friday-Saturday of the holiday break (15th-16th of April I think). Sorry about this; if you want to have a Smashfest/Tournament earlier, organise one amongst yourselves.

Zelda is mid tier?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
We need a smashfest guys! Come on!

When are you guys free? I'm free Tuesday through Thursday this week, and I NEED a smashfest.

Speaking of which, what day's the tournament gonna be on? I need to know before Friday, so I can get out of work.

*Begins chant* Smashfest.... Smashfest.... Smashfest.... Smashfest....

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
tales from the north

just a quickie letting eveybody know the smash still thrives up here, the ladders started and is going great, having direct rivals is TEH FUN!

my falcon game is increasing in sexiness by the minute, jiggs is also floaty death!

WHEN's the next @ HMMMMMMM?!!?!

my tourny-undies are getting tight, reeeaaaaal tight, need some inter-state smash relief, otherwise i may permanently impair my smash abilities. i dont even know what im talking about anymore.

ps anyone playing WoW? ^_^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Kay' that's cool to hear from ya. I visited your cblan site and it seems you've got some good sized meet happening.

WoW (and WC3) are the reasons why people are stopping/taking a break from smash, lol.

Also, Adeliade bailed out on us (due to WoW) so Perth will be hosting the next Aussie Tourney, and that's as much as I can say at the moment.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by CAOTIC:
Also, Adeliade bailed out on us (due to WoW) so Perth will be hosting the next Aussie Tourney, and that's as much as I can say at the moment.
YEHS!!! w000000tt!! the excitement grows already. The melbourne people did a great job at hosting the last tourney, but perth people have tourney experience, so we will show you all how it is done :p .

Chances are the tourney will be early next year, January.

If anyone can think of any reason why they wouldnt be able to fly to perth for about a week (? more than a week :p) in Jan, please say so now so we can change the date.

Thank you.

btw, who is actually going to the japanese tourney thingo? cos apparently it is in August and that is close .. and i dont think anyone from perth is going.

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Cao, I don't think we ever intend to use mind games, as you put it, "It's just a slugfest down there!". :D

The Hyrule thing? It's just our personal preference. No big deal. We can play on other stages, it's just the personal enjoyment kind of thing. :D

Calvo

Smash Rookie
I won't be in Perth the whole day, apparently I can pick up my crap from the airport on the way through. But then again you probably wouldn't have missed much playing against someone with my lack of skills :)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
A smashfest?! I wasnt invited! AGH! **** yOooOoOOOOooou! Lol, I dont care. I'm at Immanuel's playin smash right now (well, not RIGHT now) and I'm rusty but thrusty. =D

WC3 runs on my comp, ,the 800mhz dunger. How exciting. Shaz is crap ay X-Hero Siege lol. Owned. I'll talk to you **** later.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Shut up Jon don't even get me started you lagging son of a gun! :D

Hyrule will improve your wallteching.

Don't talk **** about Fox.

Best Mic should get over it : Everyone cept Mic.

Josh + Em = not want to go to Japan.... Proposal: Em if I can beat you enoughto firmly prove my superiority you will come to Josh. Josh, if Em comes you must also come. Agreed, good ;)

Jon on Ken....LoL get over that he owned Eddy already OOoOoOoooOH!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ooooh. Burn Shaz.:rolleyes:

Calvo- What? Didn't quite get all that....

Got my AR. Anyone figured out how to use the hands yet?

kupo

Smash Lord
Wrong Shaz Wrong. lol.

Well, at least your have Ryan accompany you. And Cella did good against CJ. So she can take on the Japanese team any day.

I'm not interested in going to japan unless Quetz is going [and also it depends on how much money I have after America]. He said to me that he wants to make the Perth tourney happening [with or without ken, but who cares?].

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
I definitely want to go to japan, whether i can get the money for it is another question.

What sorta date are we looking at for the perth tourney, december or january? or maybe even earlier?

Perth people: this saturday we'll have a smashfest, but if mum doesn't agree to it, can anyone else hold it?
We'll set the tourney for next sunday or saturday, anyone got any preferences?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'd perfer Saturday.

January sounds good, see if Ken will get off his *** and come on his own.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well, I guess I'll introduce myself since I am new here :)

Name: Bryce
Mains: Roy, Fox
AIM - draxinousum (I rearly use AIM tho)

Currently, the tasmania smash scene is very poor, I only know of 6 smashers here, but they either only use the c-stick or are just plain inexperienced and no good :(
There is one good player, who happens to be my brother, but I get sick of playing the same person.

Bad luck me. So if someone wants to visit Tasmania, I don't see why you would want to, but if you do, you must come around and play smash against me :D

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
you guys suck ***

WHAT MONTH IS GOOD FOR THE AUS TOURNEY
1) JANUARY
2) DECEMBER
3) OTHER (please specify)

answer the question.

Sloth! hello and welcome to the very friendly and very falcon charged Australian Tourney thread!! I advise you to stick around and get involved cos it is worth it! luckly for you, you joined just as a new Australian tournament was being organised, so keep your eyes on this thread!

the fact that you are in tasmania and that you are only 17 makes it a bit hard for you to travel to Perth, and i assume the airfares are around the $500-$600 mark. were not asking you to spend that kind of money, however, if you do want to come over and smash, you are more than welcome.

More Aus tourney news: several international smashers have shown interest in coming to perth and participating in the tournament. The major problem between them all is how much money it costs to fly here. If we get all the basic stuff out of the way (date of tourney, aus people coming, space for accomodation) then we can start the campaign for overseas guests!! so come on you lazy bums!! speak up! the sooner we get all this crap done the better! so get motivated!

Top Bottom