• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Discussion

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

This is an unofficial thread dedicated specifically to the discussion of Avengers: Endgame in order to keep other social threads spoiler free. Spoilers for Endgame, Infinity War, Captain Marvel, etc. are all fair game here. No spoiler tags necessary. Please keep this in mind when joining the discussion in here.

Please keep the thread on topic with the Marvel Cinematic Universe films, past current and future. All normal Smashboards rules still apply.

With all that said:

How ****ing awesome was that movie, guys.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Steve: "I decided that Im going to become too old for this ****"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There were way too many torches being passed around
Captain America was worthy and got to be with Peggy in the end
Iron Man is ****ing dead but got to reunite with his kids
Pepper was a boss
Hulk...perfection
Fat Thor and Korg playing Fortnite
Ant-Man saved by a rat
Black Widow is ****ing dead but has a prequel movie
Spider-Man broke me too many times
Camels galore

...everyone from the snap coming back to life...
The end of the Infinity Arc, and the first 3 Phases of the MCU (with Far From Home being more of an epilogue in Phase 3 as it’s no longer kicking off Phase 4)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Press F to pay respects to America's ass.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
imagine telling someone 2 months ago that thanos would die in the first 15 minutes of this film and then 5 minutes later you'd be watching korg playing fortnite

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m still overly excited over finally hearing Captain America (or anyone for that matter) say “Avengers Assemble”

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It was either him or Steve...plus Natasha ****ing dying out of nowhere
I'd argue it isn't out of nowhere.

As soon as the Soul Stone area came on screen with Clint and Nat together, I knew one of them was going to die. Thats why they went together and alone.

What surprised me was when I was wholly convinced Hawkeye was the one sacrificing himself only to have Natasha grab him out of the ****ing air and tether him back to the cliff.

Anyway, what's everyone's favorite scene and why is it when Captain America picked up Mjolnir?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Anyway, what's everyone's favorite scene and why is it when Captain America picked up Mjolnir?
Spider-Man activating his Instant Kill was a highlight for me. Just because of the call back to Homecoming.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd argue it isn't out of nowhere.

As soon as the Soul Stone area came on screen with Clint and Nat together, I knew one of them was going to die. Thats why they went together and alone.

What surprised me was when I was wholly convinced Hawkeye was the one sacrificing himself only to have Natasha grab him out of the ****ing air and tether him back to the cliff.

Once they dealt with the Soul Stone I knew she was gonna die, but before any of that Natasha was one of the few I didn’t see dying (let alone fighting Clint to determines who gets to die). Cap or Iron Man were the only ones I expected to die, while Thor, Hulk, Widow, and Ronin were to live...but instead I had to witness 2 deaths of great heroes (putting an end to 3 characters with nothing left to do)

As for favorite scenes...either the entire final fight or the ending (alongside Professor Hulk, Scott reuniting with Cassie, and America’s ***)
Spider-Man activating his Instant Kill was a highlight for me. Just because of the call back to Homecoming.
and since Spidey technically didn’t kill any of the aliens (weird how they wouldn’t die, but be put down for a bit), he’s still a hero who doesn’t kill

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It speaks volumes to just how enjoyable the movie was that I'm not even mad about the time traveling bull**** breaking its own rules.

Like, the ending with Cap doesn't make sense within the time travel logic the rest of the film abides by, but **** it, Cap deserved it. Let him ignore the rules for once.

Also holy **** they jacked Captain Marvel's power up. They saw DC couldn't write a Superman and cashed in by making their own.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
It speaks volumes to just how enjoyable the movie was that I'm not even mad about the time traveling bull**** breaking its own rules.

Like, the ending with Cap doesn't make sense within the time travel logic the rest of the film abides by, but **** it, Cap deserved it. Let him ignore the rules for once.

Also holy **** they jacked Captain Marvel's power up. They saw DC couldn't write a Superman and cashed in by making their own.
I think the implication was meant to be that cap ended up creating a diverging timeline by living with Peggie and just returned to the main timeline when he was old to give Sam the shield

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think the implication was meant to be that cap ended up creating a diverging timeline by living with Peggie and just returned to the main timeline when he was old to give Sam the shield
Wait, but shouldn't he still have come through the portal?

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, here's something that's kinda bothered in me an otherwise wonderful finale:

Is anyone else disappointed that there was zero Hulk Smash in both Infinity War and Endgame?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So, here's something that's kinda bothered in me an otherwise wonderful finale:

Is anyone else disappointed that there was zero Hulk Smash in both Infinity War and Endgame?
What are you talking about? Didn't you see that SAVAGE rampage Hulk went on when he traveled back to New York?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If so, how did he actually come back? There was no quantum... thing besides the one Banner had built around which everyone was standing.

You could say that old Cap used his GPS thingy to come back through one of the other ones used throughout the movie, but considering the stakes, it's hard to imagine feeble old Mr. Rogers being able to pull that off in a sneaky way.

What are you talking about? Didn't you see that SAVAGE rampage Hulk went on when he traveled back to New York?
That was a genuinely funny moment.

For a movie that followed how bleak Infinity War was, this movie was surprisingly hilarious.

I'm itching for the meme gifs of Banner Hulk.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If so, how did he actually come back? There was no quantum... thing besides the one Banner had built around which everyone was standing.

You could say that old Cap used his GPS thingy to come back through one of the other ones used throughout the movie, but considering the stakes, it's hard to imagine feeble old Mr. Rogers being able to pull that off in a sneaky way.
I've got zero ideas all this time travel stuff gives me a headache

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've got zero ideas all this time travel stuff gives me a headache
It's simple.

How insanely awesome something is is indirectly proportional to how much it has to make sense.

For instance, the moment Thanos landed, any one of the cast should have picked up the glove and snapped them all to death right then and there to save the people that had just come back, but then we wouldn't have had an amazing climactic battle with Hawkeye, Spidey, Black Panther, etc. all playing hot potato with the Infinity gauntlet.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That was a genuinely funny moment.

For a movie that followed how bleak Infinity War was, this movie was surprisingly hilarious.

I'm itching for the meme gifs of Banner Hulk.
Banner Hulk dabbing is peak "how do you do, fellow kids?"

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Can I just say too that the time travel mechanic was brilliant for this film? It allowed them to directly reference all the movies we loved that built up to this final moment.

And also Thor 2.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tom Holland needs to really stop his **** when it comes to emotional moments...that guy and his amazing acting is literally gonna be the end of me
It's simple.

How insanely awesome something is is indirectly proportional to how much it has to make sense.

For instance, the moment Thanos landed, any one of the cast should have picked up the glove and snapped them all to death right then and there to save the people that had just come back, but then we wouldn't have had an amazing climactic battle with Hawkeye, Spidey, Black Panther, etc. all playing hot potato with the Infinity gauntlet.
Spidey holding onto the Gauntlet for such a long time was really cool, then him passing it to Captain Marvel only to lead to an A-Force (the all female group) is team up was hype
Can I just say too that the time travel mechanic was brilliant for this film? It allowed them to directly reference all the movies we loved that built up to this final moment.

And also Thor 2.
but not much of Incredible Hulk

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay so how many alternate futures didn't pan out because the rat never stepped on the button?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This movie had the mother ****ing Howard the Duck...holy ****
6451B3CD-C07E-43D7-9D35-6F4FA5602E9C.jpeg
This guy technically fought Thanos and his squad

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay so how many alternate futures didn't pan out because the rat never stepped on the button?
Butterfly Rat effect.

Strange knew that would happen if he handed Thanos the time stone at that specific moment.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Based on the heroes who survived the endgame and are still active heroes, who could possibly make a new set of Avengers (the main group that is) down the road?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay, thanks to TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 I am on this thread lol, and I'm probably one of the earliest to watch Endgame actually... but hey better late than never.

Some of my thoughts on the film:
All the time traveling... thing... theory... despite I get what are they trying to do, but I never thought it would make sense... or why changing the past won't really effect the future the are in, they said it will only create another timeline, so does that mean they are traveling to a different kind of timeline? And it seems that "Can't been seen by anybody" from the third Harry Potter doesn't apply because Captain America just beat himself...

The Ancient One and Bruce Banner did proper explanation, still don't get how they can return all the stones though...

And here's something that's gonna be controversial, I'm glad that Captain Marvel didn't become the one to truly defeat Thano or being in majority of the game, I don't expect her to be totally MIA either but yeah... how she only appears in the first part and latter part of the movie was ok.

Also the death of Tony Stark was already speculated in some sort thanks to Spiderman Far From Home trailer, so I was prepared a bit when begining to watch Endgame and was even more sure when Doctor Strange said to Tony Stark that it won't happen if he told him how can they win to make that one chance of winning come true.

And come to think of it, it seems that all of the original Avengers "died" in some sort besides of Tony Stark and Black Widow... Captain America turned old, Thor joined Guardians of the Galaxy, Hawk eye retires (again), and Bruce merged himself with Hulk, so that's why we never see Bruce really smash stuff.

I am also delighted on how even the Chinese subtitles make some good localization.
One is that when Bruce Banner and Rocket went to Norway to find Thor and found out he became fat and playing Fortnite (Sot of)... Rocket said he looks like a melting ice cream.
In Taiwan's Chinese sub it translate to, "You look like a Chinese Maitreya..."

Maitreya is probably the best metaphor to describe Thor's body 5 years later... because if you do not know, Maitreya is a type of budda that in China or Chinese world looks like this:
Endgame Thor spoiler with no context:

Also there are confusing parts in Endgame, like plenty... especially the ending.
- Peter Parker is back to school, and his friend Ned didn't age... so... my guess is they can only give explanation that nearly of Peter Parker's school's staff and student were affected by the snap.
- I was expecting 2014 Gamora to be vanished too when Tony Stark snapped his fingers , but Peter trying to search for her was old... also same with Nebula, but Hulk did sort of said that killing younger self won't really affect the future so I'll let that slide.
- What I couldn't slide is how Captain America change his own future... I'm pretty sure there will be some good explanation but still...

captain america is old lol
This is probably the most confusing part ever...
This movie had the mother ****ing Howard the Duck...holy ****
View attachment 212998
This guy technically fought Thanos and his squad
So...
Is Howard the Duck gonna have his own movie in MCU? Um... no?
I know many super hero movies were crap back in 1980s including that Howard the Duck movie, I don't know how can they make Howard the Duck movie good... especially for MCU.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Based on the heroes who survived the endgame and are still active heroes, who could possibly make a new set of Avengers (the main group that is) down the road?
Captain Marvel, Spidey, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie annnnd... Who takes the place of Stark/Banner in terms of being the technology wizard to move the plot forward?

I assume Falcon and Bucky are out since they're getting a TV show.

Top Bottom