• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awkward Moments Mafia - Game over! Scum wins! Will a SD game ever see a town victory?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@asdioh

Depends, are we talking dexter territory or are you making a question that you had no purpose of asking?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was trolling :bee:
Though claiming masons in Dexter was fun. I won't be doing that in this game though.
However, I am the Town Ghost Commander. One of you is a ghost, but you don't know it..

...striking that out because there are a bunch of unfamiliar faces in here, and they won't get the joke.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Really wanted to include a Wizaord of Oz pun there but I will refrain for everyone's sake.

Kuz, I'm feeling jaded today, tell me how your questions Will affect your vote, I know you are most likely using them for reads, but how much are you really going to rely on them?
I won't and you will be satisfied with that answer.

Some of the questions you were asking others looked perfectly answerable, but none were directed at me so I was like
@Asdioh: If we claimed masons right now would we officially be the deadliest team to hit dGames in 5 words or less.

FragMental

Smash Rookie
What circumstances would those depend on?
What phase in the game we're in for one. I'm obviously not going to be pinning my hopes on a supposed guilty of sorts alone in a mylo/lylo situation. But something like Day 1? Sure, it's worth testing out the information. For two, how credible I feel the nature of the "mod confirmed information" is.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

1. Radical Fiction (1) - Kantrip
2. th3kuzinator (1) - Soupamario
3. Fynal
4. July (1) -Gova
5. Soupamario (1) - Asdioh
6. thethirdkoopa
7. Kantrip
8. FragMental (1) - th3kuzinator
9. Gova
10. Armor (1) -Fynal
11. Asdioh

Not Voting: Radical Fiction, July, thethirdkoopa, FragMental, Armor

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
@FM, thirdkoopa: If I told you I had mod confirmed information the fictitious lunatic was scum would you lynch him based of my word on the assumption that I would throw myself on the noose if I was lying?
It depends not just on mod confirmed information (Like how would you get that info? Say, cop investigation?) but on their said claim and your said claim, furthermore, depending on the circumstances (what cycle we're in)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
What phase in the game we're in for one. I'm obviously not going to be pinning my hopes on a supposed guilty of sorts alone in a mylo/lylo situation. But something like Day 1? Sure, it's worth testing out the information. For two, how credible I feel the nature of the "mod confirmed information" is.
I meant like right now, as in D1 right now. Also the mod confirmed information came from the moderator via smoke signals.

FragMental

Smash Rookie
You are a slanderer and a vile thief and a little peasant girl. Who would suggest that such a trustworthy source comes from drugs?

Armor

Smash Rookie
Dam you kuz and your serious maid ways.
Serious mode activate.
Kuz, if this info can confirm a scum in someone, what's holding you back? I kinda doubt that a mod would do something so vile without Sold smacking them with his Hands of Africa, but bad info is better than no info, so long as we know the source.
/doridori

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
@Fragmental: your reads on koopa and kuz, if any?

@Fynal: Why not?
simple, Because your casual interactions are noticeably different from newbie12 where you guys were masons and I have nothing else to go on atm

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

is all this talk about hypothetical mod-confirmed information (and drugs) getting us anywhere?

Here's a question for you: if, near the end of D1, I think that the potential lynchee is town, I will do my best to change the lynch to an inactive, assuming we have an extremely inactive player, who shows no signs of improving. My reasoning for this is because D1 lynches often are mislynches, and after seeing what happened D1 in Pokemafia, as opposed to what happend D1 in Mindgamed Mafia (in the disco room) I am very content lynching inactives.
The question: is this scummy?

Actually, that's a bad question. But it's what I plan on doing if I don't agree with the potential D1 lynch.

For reference, this is what happened in the games I mentioned:

In Pokemafia, I was the mod. I watched as the town quarreled, and then decided to last minute lynch between two people, who weren't quite inactive, but were V/LA most of D1, but were returning from V/LA. Both of them claimed, both of them had unusual, but potentially powerful, PRs. People ignored that, and then lynched them anyway, resulting in, of course, a mislynch. It was extremely frustrating to watch, and a lynch on someone that was PURELY inactive/deadweight would have been better spent.

In Mindgamed mafia, the D1 lynch was wavering between 2-3 people, none of whom I was convinced was scum. I pushed the lynch onto someone who was utterly inactive, and bam, he was scum. (and it turned out the 2-3 potential other lynches were town)

These games convinced me that lynching inactives D1 is my best choice if I'm not feeling the other D1 lynch options. That, and the fact that inactivity keeps killing games, which is why I wanted people to confirm they wouldn't be inactive/replace out during signups :D

FragMental

Smash Rookie
@Fragmental: your reads on koopa and kuz, if any?
Slight townread on Kuz, just gut feeling though... Not sure whether this discussion about the moderator doing drugs to confirm alignments will bring us anywhere, hum. Very different type of atmosphere here from what I'm usually dealing with though, so it's a very slight read.

Mr. The T. Koopa gets the embodiment of all my hatred and scumreads for being a little peasant girl who does drugs in his spare time. But I suppose I may give a benefit of the doubt to one who smokes like "a ****ing dragon" in his spare time. I will wait until he starts amassing substantial walls of text that can be summed up in three or less sentences, then I will analyze him from there.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Slight townread on Kuz, just gut feeling though... Not sure whether this discussion about the moderator doing drugs to confirm alignments will bring us anywhere, hum. Very different type of atmosphere here from what I'm usually dealing with though, so it's a very slight read.
Don't do it bro. Your read on Kuz should be null. DON'T FALL FOR IT. Not yet, anyway.

I do appreciate Kuz getting some discussion going though, even if it somehow turned into talk about girls doing drugs.

Sorry about my wall of text up there, I just wanted to get that out there. Inactives suck.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
@Asdioh
I assume you mean inactive not lurker right? theyre different

Saying that inactives are autoscum doesn't make any sense, people are inactive for un-alignment-related reasons (like lazyness or workload) which means if yer gonna lynch an inactive like that you'd better be pretty damn sure the potential lynchee is town and everyone is wrong, because the inactive has a ~8/11 (3 scum in 11 player game? gotta be roughly that) chance to be town anyway.

FragMental

Smash Rookie
Here's a question for you: if, near the end of D1, I think that the potential lynchee is town, I will do my best to change the lynch to an inactive, assuming we have an extremely inactive player, who shows no signs of improving. My reasoning for this is because D1 lynches often are mislynches, and after seeing what happened D1 in Pokemafia, as opposed to what happend D1 in Mindgamed Mafia (in the disco room) I am very content lynching inactives.
The question: is this scummy?

Actually, that's a bad question. But it's what I plan on doing if I don't agree with the potential D1 lynch.
Why not change the lynch to someone who you feel more of a scum vibe from then a shot in the dark with some lurker? Yes, inactivity is a great dishonor, and D1 may not provide even breadcrumbs in regards to scumreads, but it is a valid question one should ponder nonetheless. I can see it being valid if you have a lack of scumreads despite doing all that your empowerment of interrogative ability provides you with, I guess.

Armor

Smash Rookie
I've already learned this lesson.
Lynching inactives is fine.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@Asdioh
I assume you mean inactive not lurker right? theyre different

Saying that inactives are autoscum doesn't make any sense, people are inactive for un-alignment-related reasons (like lazyness or workload) which means if yer gonna lynch an inactive like that you'd better be pretty damn sure the potential lynchee is town and everyone is wrong, because the inactive has a ~8/11 (3 scum in 11 player game? gotta be roughly that) chance to be town anyway.
Not lurkers, unless I somehow sense scummy intent through the lurking.

Let's put it this way: lynching an inactive townie is better than lynching an active townie.

Why not change the lynch to someone who you feel more of a scum vibe from then a shot in the dark with some lurker? Yes, inactivity is a great dishonor, and D1 may not provide even breadcrumbs in regards to scumreads, but it is a valid question one should ponder nonetheless. I can see it being valid if you have a lack of scumreads despite doing all that your empowerment of interrogative ability provides you with, I guess.
That's also entirely possible, but the thing with my scenario is that I would have already pushed my scumpick, and people would have disagreed. OR, I might not have had a strong scumpick. That's what happened in the disco room game I mentioned: we had pushed a few people, but in the end, I didn't feel like any of them were actually scum. I pushed an inactive instead, and got lucky. It's completely worth the risk imo, if you don't have confidence in your D1 lynch otherwise.

And I'd prefer lynching inactives D1 over any other Day, because there's usually less actual info to go on.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Go write a paper and come back to people talking about drugs. Cool.

@Fynal: Do you agree with me that Asdioh's 63 is a town tell? You do? Good.

@Asdioh, Armor: Can I get your read on Frag please?

@FM: What can you tell about the relationship between the alignments of Armor and myself based on 59?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Kantrip: You left without commenting on anything. What do you think about Asdioh's 61? Do you agree with the concept behind it? How does that post, if at all, reflect on Asdioh's alignment? Thoughts on Armor.

@FM, Koopa, Armor: I'm sure you're familiar with the term RVS. Why have you not placed your vote anywhere?

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
@Armor: are you willing to vote to pressure an inactive D1? how long to they have to be inactive to be considered "inactive"?

same to Asdioh, after Armor answers

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sorry kuz, I was watching Survivor with my family and didn't have time to post anything.

Asdioh's #61 doesn't stand out to me at all, it seems pretty legitimate. I read Pokemafia so I understand where he's coming from wrt the D1 lynch fiasco that happened there. I also agree with the sentiment of lynching potential scum inactives over town reads. I don't know why he asked if the idea was scummy, though.

On that note: @Asdioh, why did you feel the need to ask if the idea presented in your post was scummy? You seem to already know from experience that it's not.

@Fynal, what's your opinion on lynching inactives? You didn't actually give your thoughts. Do you agree with Asdioh's response to you in his #69?

@Armor/FragMental, thethirdkoopa's posts look really fluffy to me at the moment. What are your opinions of this?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
It's no problem, just want to make sure you gave us some content. Those sentiments mirror mine for the most part. However it was FM who suggested we lynch scummy inactives over regular lurkers while Asdioh just said that he would move the lynch onto any inactive to save a town read.

Also, you may have missed it, but I asked for your thoughts on Armor.

@Fynal: 70. Yes, I do want that answered. Also what is your read on FM?

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
@Kantrip
IMO lynching an inactive rarely makes sense D1. The big problem D1 is that town has no information to start off of. If you lynch an inactive it gains you some tiny bit of info (their alignment) but if you lynch an active, even if they end up being town at least you get a lot of information: you can look back at what they did and who they interacted with and how in light of you knowing their alignment. And determine other people's alignments based off that and move forward.

So no, i don't think lynching inactives D1 is a good idea.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
@kuz:
#63 is null to me. What makes you think its a towntell?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Kantrip
IMO lynching an inactive rarely makes sense D1. The big problem D1 is that town has no information to start off of. If you lynch an inactive it gains you some tiny bit of info (their alignment) but if you lynch an active, even if they end up being town at least you get a lot of information: you can look back at what they did and who they interacted with and how in light of you knowing their alignment. And determine other people's alignments based off that and move forward.

So no, i don't think lynching inactives D1 is a good idea.
I mostly agree with this, but if town is struggling for a lynch and there simply isn't enough support to lynch a scummy active player in time, lynching inactive deadweight is your best option.

Any lynch is > no lynch.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@kuz:
#63 is null to me. What makes you think its a towntell?
Because he could have easily agreed with FM on a slight town read on me with little repercussion. He's trying to make sure others are cautious when reading me as being too hasty often gets you thrown under a bus, especially when dealing with me.

Because of the experience Asdioh himself has had with being thrown under a bus, I liked his though process to reprimand FM. Seems like something townAsdioh would be wary about while scumAsdioh wouldn't concern himself with it.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
NL D1 is stupid as hell lol

FM is null. lack of strong stances is kinda textbook scummy in a way i don't trust for reads. still working this one out atm

Top Bottom