• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I honestly talk exactly the same whether im in person or typing, its just that theres no tone on the internet so you cant tell that your not supposed to take most of what I say seriously.

However, I AM being serious when I say that, even putting my own personal bias aside, It probably wouldnt be worth it for m2k to come to this. Unless like someone said, hes bringing like 4 cars worth of people from jersey with him. Not only that, but it doesnt make sense to up the entry fee for one guy whos not even confirmed when we know that it is going to negatively affect people who ARE definitely coming.

(biased statement) plus i see a lot of you just want him to show up because its m2k, and I see where that comes from but im over that whole line of thought since ive been to enough tournaments with him already. Id also like to believe I have a chance to make money at this.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how I feel about this because I never really get the chance to travel out of state or to any major tournaments for that matter.

The added competition makes it not only more exciting but also give me the opportunity to play some of the "best of the best" to see where I stand in this game.

Of course, like you say this level of competition will likely ruin any shot we had at making money. But realistically Goggles, we rarely make decent money anyways. Even if M2K + Jersey people don't show up, we'll have to deal with the other top players in our region that our consistently better than us, and most likely a couple of PA's top players as well (if they come).

So given that, I think M2K coming will be worth it in the end because it will add to the hype and experience of the tournament.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
mew2king to encourage you to come you can mm my falcon 20 bucks w/ garbage tier character of your choice i am just a noob!!!

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I'll make sure we have at least one car from Troy coming. I'm not sure who will come yet, but we have a while to find out.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Oh? Spamus? I played you this past Friday. I was the wedding dress Peach player. Are you going, too?

flaw

Smash Apprentice
Can't come. My mom's 50th BDay partay. Always something
Meh...

I will be there fo sho unless something life threatening happens.

Sooo looking forward to this ^_^ here's to hoping I get beta or rob in bracket like every other NYS tournament

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Flaw i'll try and arrange it so its not like that but you never really face them in winners bracket only losers. So its very difficult to arrange something around that Lol.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
if it's so easy, why couldn't you figure out that a whole penny is not even on the line here? :awesome:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont you have kids? when are you gonna get on that taj/tai status and teach them how to play smash? then when its your/their birthday, instead of missing tournaments, you can have tournaments for them.

Top Bottom