• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AXS - Syracuse, NY 11.06

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
....people need to check how far the location is before making any plans, lol.

I wonder how many people think Syracuse is like on Long Island or something. xD

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Oh nice cant wait to play you again SMM1 glad you can make it out, you should really try and find a teammate you did really good in teams last time.

SuperMarioManOne

Smash Rookie
Hey I think I've met you before.
Yeah, I'm on BFC too, with the same name. I don't think we've ever met IRL before., though. :L

Oh, and I wish I had someone to partner with. I dun really want to partner with someone random each tourney. lol I have a friend named Ganonballer on BFC that I always team with, and we do really good in teams. It's just he lives kinda far away, so yeah. ;_;

x13mako

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm on BFC too, with the same name. I don't think we've ever met IRL before., though. :L

Oh, and I wish I had someone to partner with. I dun really want to partner with someone random each tourney. lol I have a friend named Ganonballer on BFC that I always team with, and we do really good in teams. It's just he lives kinda far away, so yeah. ;_;
Never knew you were upstate man, nice. Ya, GB is like MD/VA right?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Stopp flirting. SMM1 Team with mako or Vibe you are all bfc buddies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I saw the future tonight.

The tournament is going to have a very interesting outcome. ^__^

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how many of the confirmed people will enter melee @__@ Seems like there's more brawl than melee in this region unfortunately!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Right now, rochester melee is more about stepping it up in the life dept.

foy basically quit smash so he can focuson work and getting into school.

Burak has other priorities now so he quit too.

Steffon may or may not be going as well. due to money issues.

Melee is kinda dying out around here.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Melee is dying in a lot of places. Sure it's still going strong, especially considering that Brawl has taken over. For a game that's as old as Melee, it's done pretty well. Just like MvC2.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I honestly don't understand how smash interferes with peoples' lives that much lol

I play smash like ~6 hours a week, and at tourneys...

unless you guys were playing ridiculous amounts lol

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Since the apartment kids aren't going, I probably wont be able to because I was planning on car pooling with them. Who's going to RoM3 and can I car pool with you guys?

I honestly don't understand how smash interferes with peoples' lives that much lol

I play smash like ~6 hours a week, and at tourneys...

unless you guys were playing ridiculous amounts lol
And I agree, you can still have time to play every now and then and still will be able to plan ahead for tournaments on the weekends. School and work doesn't take up your whole life.

We have 8 hours to work, 8 to do our own thing, and 8 hours to sleep everyday. I know those 8 hours to do our own thing can be taken up by school work and etc, you don't have to take smash COMPLETELY out of your life because of that.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
I spent some time thinking about this last night before I fell asleep mainly because I am still debating whether or not I should go to AXS. For some people like myself smash is more than just playing the game. I can guarantee you I am doing not as well in some classes as I should be right now because I spend about 4-6 hours a day on youtube watching various smash games (sometimes repeats) just in order to see what the pros are doing and how I can change my game up to become more like them. The dilemma really lies with how well you want to place at tournaments in this game. My problem is I want to be in the top 3 every tournament I attend and to get there I need to spend a lot of time on the game first. Spending a lot of time on this game = less time spent on doing school work = worse grades. Because of this I have honestly considered dropping all the times I go to practice and all the time I spend watching on youtube to get better grades, and simply attend tournaments when they show up, which is what I think people like Foy and Burak are doing (even though they are probably in the same situation as I am right now and can't attend this one due to being too far behind) but I can't be certain.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952

I'd be willing to grind some team practice out with you tomorrow and give it a go if you please. Though this weegee main you mention probably far exceeds me, I'm pretty good in teams. Talk out the match and decide what we want to go for as much as possible.

huMps

Smash Ace
jesse making this at least? I hear eaode. It doesn't have to interfere with life stuff. Learn to prioritize. I have a family and I still have time to play enough to keep my tech skill tight . And if I lived near the city and could play with everyone more often it would be way easier and I would be much better at this game. step one - cut the drugs. not judgeing just saying. huge waste of money and time.

Ganonballer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ganonballer
SMM1 is mine! D:< Lol.

I hear talk of me and BFC. I wish I could come to some Upstate tourney's but Im in MD/VA and soon moving to Florida D:

Anyways, just thought it was funny someone knew my name P:

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I will MM anyone who is not power ranked (except Goggles) with your choice of Zelda or Luigi.

EDIT: not tuna, honeybadger or animal either -_-

Top Bottom