• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baby Mario by BigSharkZ (not just a texture)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Holy crap. I'm curious as to how he did that.

It gives some potential for other things (Like Roy,) for sure.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Holy..... That's awesome... O_O

Whoo boy, now I really wonder what the future of Brawl texture hacking would look like... :laugh:

Major props to BigSharkz, that must've taken a lot of work!

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Oh god. I just recently got Mario Kart Wii and started to use Baby Mario as a character... and now this. This must surely be a sign Mario should be my new main. It must be. xD

Seriously, great work to the guy that made this, must have been pretty hard. Defenately going to try this out, I just wish I could with the new Dr. Mario that just came out. Dr. Baby Mario ftw

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@metaXzero

Yeah, I just got my camera from my brother. I'll do one tomorrow, after my exam.

@Sgt. Baker

Hmm, I think it's pretty accurate, considering this isn't a brand new model.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
The only detail that bugs me is his eyebrows. Baby Mario's aren't that thick when I look at pictures.

Are you able to edit his brows?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@Moozle

XD. I'm going to work on her soon :p

@metaXzero

Nope, sadly.

@boo-diddly

I edited the size of Mario's body parts, made the mustache transparent and made the texture.

mofo_

Smash Ace
woah nice!!!! at first i thought it was a partial size modifier but its a model hack!!! very nice work bigsharkz!! Im sure Roy can be done >:D

Dan_X

Smash Lord
@Moozle

XD. I'm going to work on her soon :p

@metaXzero

Nope, sadly.

@boo-diddly

I edited the size of Mario's body parts, made the mustache transparent and made the texture.
Wow BigSharkZ! You're amazing! You've just done something that I absolutely NEVER thought was possible-- you've seemingly broken the barrier for many things.

For example... with your amazing skills, I'm certain you could make a Baby Peach, and Luigi--- who knows who else can be modified... How does Baby Mario play? Does it look all glitchy? I'd LOVE to see videos.

Here's the most AMAZING part of this in my eyes. If the clone code that Almas is making works, the code that allows him to make another character portrait, separating Marth from his hacked Roy counterpart, so that they are each selectable, we'd effectively be able to add a character like Baby Mario to the game! Using this same method we'd probably be able to make a new icon for him.. we can give him an entirely different set of attributes, changing the properties of his moves and what not. I mean, assuming Baby Mario actually moves and fights in a legit fashion, this could be amazing!

My God, what else could we add!? Am I somewhat right with this thinking? Could this be possible?

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Guys calm down. It's just the partial size modifier that has been around for ages, no magically new code that makes modelhacking possible.
Even though he did a great job at finetuning the values it is still not his code, it was done by Phantom Wings.

Also this will only work for baby characters that look almost exactly like their adult counterpart just smaller. You can only resize certain bodyparts as a whole.
For example I tried making Charizard look more like Ridley but it didn't came out right as you cannot make anything thinner just smaller or bigger.

The reason it doesn't work for anyone is simply cause you need all three parts of the partial size modifier.

Code:
Partial Size Modifier Set Pointers:
C283CAA4 00000006
80A30064 80A50020
80A5000C A8850002
80B90010 80A500AC
5484103E 38840040
7CA2212E 3CA01000
60000000 00000000

Skip Write:
C21A86E8 00000004
C01B0000 A89B0002
2C045953 4182000C
C002A078 67A44000
60000000 00000000
C2046AF8 00000004
C0170000 A8970002
2C045953 41820008
C00284C8 7E248B78
60000000 00000000

Character 1 Partial Size Modifier:
28708D68 00FFZZ00
48000000 805A9360
DE000000 80009380
1400XXXX YYYY5953
E0000000 80008000
Just compare the structure of the last one the list with the 'Baby Mario Code' it's one and the same.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
What if it is? The results are still awesome. That combined with texture hacking is a brand new way of texture hacking characters for more possibilities.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
What if it is? The results are still awesome. That combined with texture hacking is a brand new way of texture hacking characters for more possibilities.
Just as I said you did a great job at finetuning the values and the result looks great. I'm sure with enough patience and work there are some other interesting things you could pull off with this. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea of what that code does.
It gets hyped as a miracleous modelhacking tool which it just isn't. There certainly are possibilities but they are far more limited than people think.

Oh and my bad PW just ported it, it was created by Y.S. for NTSC-J.

bobson

Smash Lord
I was expecting the model importer to be done when I saw the title, but this is still a pretty good use of the tools we already have. It's also a texture hack that I can tolerate, so that's pretty sweet, too.

I wonder what else could be done with this... do the hitboxes change along with the model size?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think he was just pointing out the code to all the people who thought that you hacked a new model into the game. He wasn't trying to downplay the quality of your work.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
So you can change people body part sizes?

Coupled with textures, would anybody like to step up to the plate and bring us an old-school styled Sonic? He is, after all, basically current Sonic, but with a ****** body, out-of-proportion shoes and head, and short spikes that don't move. Oh, and he's silent, with crappy textures. Unfortunately I imagine the spikes can't be shrunk independently of the head, and they'd probably look a bit silly if they could be.

On another, more serious note, could it be possible to make Young Link (Melee) using this method? Because I'd definately like to see that.

Revven

FrankerZ
I wonder what else could be done with this... do the hitboxes change along with the model size?
I'm pretty sure, that if the code works anything like Melee's partial size mod did, it doesn't scale the hitboxes. You'd have to do that with the hitbox code yourself.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Also, another idea. With Captain Falcon's moves and animations mapped onto Luigi (since that stretches his limbs), some clever bodypart manipulation, a texture swap and some severely altered stats, wouldn't it be possible to make a Waluigi character? You could map it so that one of his moves spawns a Bob-Omb (but with enormous movelag so it isn't spammable), maybe give him a set of moves similar to the Mario Bros. B moves, the sound effects of the Waluigi Assist, and give him high speed and weight, but with little finesse and control.

Seriously, the mind boggles. I'm no genious, and like I've said before I don't know much about hacking, but I think that is entirely within the range of you awesome hacking folk, if a little ambitious.

Revven

FrankerZ
Also, another idea. With Captain Falcon's moves and animations mapped onto Luigi (since that stretches his limbs), some clever bodypart manipulation, a texture swap and some severely altered stats, wouldn't it be possible to make a Waluigi character? You could map it so that one of his moves spawns a Bob-Omb (but with enormous movelag so it isn't spammable), maybe give him a set of moves similar to the Mario Bros. B moves, the sound effects of the Waluigi Assist, and give him high speed and weight, but with little finesse and control.
Thing is, you can't change the moves to different ones once you've done the move swap. The move swap is just what it does, Luigi will always have Falcon's move set until you change the code(s). You can't swap individual moves or change what a move does unless it is his original move set....

As in, we can't change the Falcon Punch part of Falcon's move set into a fireball... it just doesn't work like that.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Thing is, you can't change the moves to different ones once you've done the move swap. The move swap is just what it does, Luigi will always have Falcon's move set until you change the code(s). You can't swap individual moves or change what a move does unless it is his original move set....

As in, we can't change the Falcon Punch part of Falcon's move set into a fireball... it just doesn't work like that.
:(

So, are the moves all defined in a single file? Because if each move was a seperate file in the ROM, surely one could rearrange them for such a character and create some sort of bypass so that the game loads said characters moves from an SD Card as opposed to from another character?

I really don't know much about Smash hacking so I'm just making assumptions here.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
All of the moves are part of the character. Because the moveswap code would make Luigi reference Falcon's model and animations, as well as the attacks, we can't change it. In order to make a COMPLETELY custom moveswap, you would have to refer to many different characters. Not only would such a code be time consuming and glitchy, it probably wouldn't even be possible at the moment.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure, that if the code works anything like Melee's partial size mod did, it doesn't scale the hitboxes. You'd have to do that with the hitbox code yourself.
BigSharkZ says it's kinda like how someone gets the Poison Mushroom. So I think they scale somewhat.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
This looks awesome! Does anyone have any videos of him in action?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@DaBunanaKing

About to make one really soon.

Also, guys, I decided to make a list of what I'll do so people can stop harassing me XD.

Real Weegee (???)
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Real Dr.Eggman
Classic Sonic (CD)
Werehog Sonic
Toon Zelda/Sheik
Pichu
Mewtwo
Young Link
Dr.Mario
Hatless Diddy Kong (For fun)
Lanky Kong

If you guys have ideas, I'll be glad to make them.

Moozle

Smash Champion
woah nice!!!! at first i thought it was a partial size modifier but its a model hack!!! very nice work bigsharkz!! Im sure Roy can be done >:D
I'd much rather have any baby character than Roy. The Marth texture hack is good enough for that lol.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
@DaBunanaKing

About to make one really soon.

Also, guys, I decided to make a list of what I'll do so people can stop harassing me XD.

Real Weegee (???)
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Real Dr.Eggman
Classic Sonic (CD)
Werehog Sonic
Toon Zelda/Sheik
Pichu
Mewtwo
Young Link
Dr.Mario
Hatless Diddy Kong (For fun)
Lanky Kong

If you guys have ideas, I'll be glad to make them.
I would definitely be for the Bowser Jr. idea that someone mentioned earlier. Smaller Bowser that is more combo-oriented and has a harder time kiling would be fun.

Top Bottom