• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Why don't we just call it the Thunder Punch instead of Thunder Palm? Palm is kinda sissy sounding... or sexual?
Well, at least you're using the word thunder (which is good).

Thunder + Punch / Palm / Slap / Push / Chop

Because that's taken.

Hahh.. I was about to post the same thing ^^

FD, you always come up with cool stuff.
Why aren't you helping? :<

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Who cares if some ***gy *** pokemon has it? Ganondorf takes what he wants... including move names (and excluding the triforce).

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
. . .

Thunderclap.

~
It also occurs to me that the attack is literally a kara te.

PK-ow!, the direction your line of reasoning flows as you think and type it out is nothing short of amazing.
Awesome sauce.

I think we should honor thomas tipman in revolutionizing ganondorf. Even though it was melee. We should name at least one move after him, besides tipman.
This is a good point. But the Tipman is a technique of execution. In some sense, putting it on the name of a move (literally a non-advanced technique) may degrade his achievement.

Basically I 'm hunting for an excuse to use another name. :p

@PhantomX: Because then, well, Ganondorf would have to admit a "***gy *** pokemon" had something about it worthy of his lordly train.

I think we do need to bring in the palm here. Ganondorf doesn't punch the guy. He pushes them. And sometimes they die from that.

Die. From that.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Can't we just call it Thunder Jab? :\ A jab is a punch/hit... and jabs are kinda cool anyway.

Or maybe it's just Ganon's version of the Love Tap... but he can't control his strength or fury :(

B!squick

Smash Master
I think it's because Amp Stamp sounds better mid match.

"Yeah! You just got AMP STAMPED, foo'!"

"Yeah! You just got PACEMAKER...'d... Fool."

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Sick. Let's get an electric guitarist to sit behind me every match. and whenever I land a jab he'll strike a chord and yell, "AMP STAMP"

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I just don't get why people want hilarious names over gory/brutal/epic names.

I'd save the hilarious names for his less important moves. Throws etc.....

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It doesn't matter really, since pretty much everyone is going to call it a jab anyway. :p

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter really, since pretty much everyone is going to call it a jab anyway. :p
Those are the mindless masses who don't know better. And that's why they main non-Ganon characters that have 100-0 match ups that take 5 seconds of boring nothing to win, rather than 10 minutes of glorious, head on manliness.

But these are the Ganon boards, where laughing in the face of impossibility is encouraged and manliness spews forth like the Twilight in TP.

That being said, Thunder Jab works. But Thor's Hammer is awesome. My vote on Thor's Hammer.

We need some LoTR influence in here as well. Something to do with the Balrog or the Nazgul or Sauron.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Those are the mindless masses who don't know better.
Nothing but the truth.

I use the word "Stomp" over "Dair", when it comes to Ganon.

We'll just keep Jab as it is for now, due to the fact that everyone has dfferent opinions >_>

Pacemaker is awesome - but its too silly for Ganon '_'

"Thunder Palm" Stays for now.

Next move = Uair.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I just don't get why people want hilarious names over gory/brutal/epic names.
Exactly, let's think of the stuff that works:

Thunderstomp
Murder Choke
Murder Fist (I think Fist > Punch in this situation)

These things feel exciting to say, but they're not "funny" and not over-the-top. They have a humour-like juxtaposition of one mundane concept and one extravagant concept, but the words really are brutal. Murder? Sure SWF is more relevant to Google search for **** than than any legal document or court proceedings, but we know what murder is.

The use of the word is exciting because it frightens us.

Oh, and jab discussion is passed, but I did make a nomination in yellow at the top of page 4. Wonder if anyone even saw it.

I'd save the hilarious names for his less important moves. Throws etc.....
Concur. Example, I think 'Thor' will suit bair in some way.

Sorry Z1GMA, but Thor's been in too many jokes. He's just not taken seriously in NA. :dizzy:

*~*~*~

So, Uair. That Wyvern thing has my mind buzzing.
AH! Buzzing! You know buzzing is a word used to talk of ranged attackers or mobile attackers harassing a target of opportunity. Although I don't know what contexts (seemingly only war games).

And why would we bring LotR into this? Sauron's a ***** compared to Ganon, Men would crumble in his rotting grasp, and the fairy hobbits would just explode in his presence if he breathed too deeply.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yeah, "Wyvern" is defenitly fitting for Uair.

Something with "Stingray" would be cool too.
(The deadly fin(tail?) represents Ganon's leg)

As well as Vulture, which is awesome.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Why don't we keep the Final Fantasy out of Ganondorf? Stick to mythology if you want references, as Ganon is on par with the gods.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Uair is amazing, therefore we need a fittingly amazing name to capture is pure power and manliness. Something that illustrates that world, no GALAXIES cover before Ganon due to it's sheer power.

The name that will show this is...

Fuzzy bunny rabbit kick!

Honestly though, Wrath's Boot?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Good news for Jaydeth, stRIP, Breezy, etc...
You can come up with just ANYTHING you want for Up+B (the Grab Animation) :)
That move deserves a hilarious name.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Stick to mythology if you want references, as Ganon is on par with the gods.
^
You heard him . .

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Why don't we keep the Final Fantasy out of Ganondorf? Stick to mythology if you want references, as Ganon is on par with the gods.
This is why I liked Thor's Hammer. This exact reason. I didn't realize that Thor was the subject of jokes though.

I don't know, LotR is amazing. Sauron dies if you throw a ring into a volcano, Ganon dies if someone jumps into Gerudo. Speaking of volcanoes, U-tilt--->Mount Doom. A suggestion (if a bit of a stretch).

UpB ---> Din's Curse

As for U-Air, I don't like any of the names I come up with, so I'll sit back for a while.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Din's Curse?.. Tell me more :O
My thoughts were that Din is the goddess in Zelda who created the land and left the Triforce of Power. The ToP is where Ganon gets his uncanny power and magic, the source of his strength. So Din essentially gave Ganon his power and tools to conquer the world. Seeing as his UpB is pretty much the crappiest attack there is (I think it is most suitable for the grab part, as the move as a recovery is half-decent and the uppercut is awesome to see), it's like a curse to have it. And the fact that other people can spike you out of it makes it worse.

I'm thinking of this quote from the Sages in TP:

"Yet...By some divine prank, he, too had been blessed with the chosen power of the gods."
(2:15) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO8yhUu0vG8

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Babies!

The lot of ya!

In my book, UpB is Badass tier. And you know why?

Because you have a three hundred pound monster clutching your #%&@ face hanging on you in the air as 8000 Amperes of the Lively Death arc 'ross your heart — and through it all he just looks at you, two stony eyes not penetrated by your pain, and not even savoring it either. His is a sentence that condemns you without recognition! The height of wickedness, that seeks not some delight in your disappearance, but a most horrifying converse: that he should be so unfeeling, he cannot be moved to tolerate your presence.

Do you understand? He wills not for your death, but fails to will your life, either! His indictment is without presumption of relevance! YOUR GOALS AND HOPES ARE NOT HIS TO ENTERTAIN or THWART, BUT MEAGER DREAMS THAT WILL HAVE SCARCELY EXISTED AS YOU! Your extinguishment will be as unceremonious as the second foot taken to a flight of steps after the first . . . heh heh. . . and forgotten just as quickly. . .

Heh heh. Heh. . .

OH THE TERROR!!! OH DEAR GO—

*gash opens across PK-ow!'s chest from shoulder to hip, coming up in a wretching splurtch as bits of stomach contents mingle in the thick red humor, giving it an unsettling orange tint*

*PK-ow! collapses in two halves, twitching slightly*

Top Bottom