• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Babies!

The lot of ya!

In my book, UpB is Badass tier. And you know why?

Because you have a three hundred pound monster clutching your #%&@ face hanging on you in the air as 8000 Amperes of the Lively Death arc 'ross your heart — and through it all he just looks at you, two stony eyes not penetrated by your pain, and not even savoring it either. His is a sentence that condemns you without recognition! The height of wickedness, that seeks not some delight in your disappearance, but a most horrifying converse: that he should be so unfeeling, he cannot be moved to tolerate your presence.

Do you understand? He wills not for your death, but fails to will your life, either! His indictment is without presumption of relevance! YOUR GOALS AND HOPES ARE NOT HIS TO ENTERTAIN or THWART, BUT MEAGER DREAMS THAT WILL HAVE SCARCELY EXISTED AS YOU! Your extinguishment will be as unceremonious as the second foot taken to a flight of steps after the first . . . heh heh. . . and forgotten just as quickly. . .

Heh heh. Heh. . .

OH THE TERROR!!! OH DEAR GO—

*gash opens across PK-ow!'s chest from shoulder to hip, coming up in a wretching splurtch as bits of stomach contents mingle in the thick red humor, giving it an unsettling orange tint*

*PK-ow! collapses in two halves, twitching slightly*
The name of up-b needs to be this...

400 BABIES!

Here's the reference

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
you might have already agreed on this, but I the jab should be The Defibrillator, like
"This Mk tried to BPG me, but I defibrillated his *** =]"
If only he used both hands at the same time during his Jab ^^J lol
*Bzzzt Bump!*

Or Hand Buzzer Palm/strike/punch, lol.

Hey! Maybe Defibrillator for Up+B grab, thexsunrosere?
The name of up-b needs to be this...

400 BABIES!

Here's the reference
400 little Ganons runnin' around.
... The world would be so ****ed . . .

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Not too many suggestions for Uair.

'Vulture Kick' / 'Wyvern's Tail' it is, then.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Up+B grab continues.

B!squick

Smash Master
Hey, I take a few days off and you're already past UAir? Lame. I don't have any good ideas for it anyway.

For the UpB grab, I'm leaning toward Murder Hug. Now, at first you may think that seems silly calling it a hug but nice job incorporating the Murder into another special. That's where you'd be wrong and fail to see the beauty of the name.

Murder Fist: Ganon murders you with his fist. Pretty straight forward.
Murder Kick: Ganon murders you with his foot. Again, straight forward.
Murder Choke: Pretty obvious connection as you can murder people by choking them.
Murder HUG: Ganon is so barbarous, so bloodthirsty, so callous, so FEROCIOUS, that even his hugs ****ing KILL YOU!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This. We don't need over the top names for moves that do the exact same thing to our opponents; MURDER.
Hey, I take a few days off and you're already past UAir? Lame. I don't have any good ideas for it anyway.

For the UpB grab, I'm leaning toward Murder Hug. Now, at first you may think that seems silly calling it a hug but nice job incorporating the Murder into another special. That's where you'd be wrong and fail to see the beauty of the name.

Murder Fist: Ganon murders you with his fist. Pretty straight forward.
Murder Kick: Ganon murders you with his foot. Again, straight forward.
Murder Choke: Pretty obvious connection as you can murder people by choking them.
Murder HUG: Ganon is so barbarous, so bloodthirsty, so callous, so FEROCIOUS, that even his hugs ****ing KILL YOU!
Honestly, I like the powerthirst reference a lot more, come on, 400 babies!

Ganon's powerhumps are so powerful, that not only do they cause you to give birth, but to 400 BABIES! Basically, Ganon is so manly, he is powerthirst! If you get hit by up-b, you will give birth to 400 Babies, that is all.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
'Murder hug' could work.
... But it makes our up+B sound like if it was a good move ;\

Gerudo Lap Dance' anyone ?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure "barbarous" means to be covered in many barbs, usually poisonous.

I like the 'hug', but in that case we shouldn't say Murder. Z1GMA's probably right that it's because it makes the move look good. We want a name that will disorient our enemies from absurdity.
Alternately, we could go to a halfway point and use the word 'clasp'. It can literally mean hug, but also... well, look at the word.

There's one final route that can work mention of the electricity in there, but I'm working on it. Actually, I have people working on it.

Mwahahaha.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I like Din's Curse. Sounds like the best name for up b so far. Murder Hug kind of fits too since you only pull it off when sandbagging. I mean if it wasn't obvious you were sandbagging before it will be when they hear Murder Hug lol.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

SYBIAN SYBIAN SYBIAN

i will never touch ganon again if we don't not make his upb the Sybian. I mean, it sounds badass to people who don't know what it is, and do people who do, well, you know ;]

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

SYBIAN SYBIAN SYBIAN

i will never touch ganon again if we don't not make his upb the Sybian. I mean, it sounds badass to people who don't know what it is, and do people who do, well, you know ;]
Haha, I knew YOU would like it (Red8 it was, right?).
And yeah, the word itself sounds awesome x)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Any chance any of us who don't know what the Sybian is can be enlightened?
I'll most likely get banned if I do it.
You should PM thexsunrosered...

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

'Up+b grab' is over...

Ftilt
This move has no has/never had a name.
Please don't suggest
Sparta Kick
-_______-

My suggestions
* "Chest Crush Kick"
* "Thorax Crush Kick"
* "Shotgun Kick" <- You know this one is good.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The Kick That Has No Name.

Then when you K.O. Ike with it, you can say "I just murdered you with a move Ganon boards didn't even bother to name."
Also a "****'d yo ****," perhaps. :ganondorf:

Then you idletaunt. (Idletaunting is where you stand there and wait for Ganon to cross his arms.)

Alternately, something with the word 'Collapse'. Preferably one that forgoes even a word like 'kick' in it. I could almost go for simply "Collapse", but it does sound incomplete.

'cause, you know, of structural collapse, mental collapse, gravitational collapse, and perhaps most badass of all, wavefunction collapse; you know, the power Ganon has to destroy and create worlds. Ftilt would be where it comes from.

:034:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't have a name, per se, but the kick does remind me of a badass kicking down your door before he proceeds to shove a plastic pyramid in your eye and remove your fingers with a paper cutter.

...Maybe I've been watching too many Jean Reno movies...

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Im with SwordSaint on this one, i was under the impression that this move was called the sparta kick

When you KO with it you scream THIS. IS. SPARTA!

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Sparta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Im with SwordSaint on this one, i was under the impression that this move was called the sparta kick

When you KO with it you scream THIS. IS. SPARTA!
Oh mY g0Sh, tat iz teh bst thig evar!!1!!11! U ar smart. Bst naem /end thrd

(I can't tell whether SS is just goofing off and suggesting it because we were told to never utter the unutterable, or not. 99% sure he is joking)

The Red Sun. You know how a red sun rising signifies in stories that there will be/has been blood shed? Ftilt kills horizontally, or along the horizon.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Solar Kick.

It kicks them toward the sun, and does so by shattering the SOLAR PLEXUS.

Man, I want to give the guy who named that thing a medal.

This attack could perhaps merit a 3+ word name, like fair. Red Sun is nice, but we need kick in there. Or boot. Or leg.

• Horizon Kick
  • Red Sun Kick
  • Solar Collapse
  • Red Implosion

Why are we ashamed of Sparta Kick? People I know respect that name. I K.O.d them, they themselves supplied "SPARTA!!"

*confusion*

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Solar Kick.

It kicks them toward the sun, and does so by shattering the SOLAR PLEXUS.

Man, I want to give the guy who named that thing a medal.

This attack could perhaps merit a 3+ word name, like fair. Red Sun is nice, but we need kick in there. Or boot. Or leg.

• Horizon Kick
  • Red Sun Kick
  • Solar Collapse
  • Red Implosion

Why are we ashamed of Sparta Kick? People I know respect that name. I K.O.d them, they themselves supplied "SPARTA!!"

*confusion*
I find the name "Sparta Kick" pretty good too, but it's over used I think. And people always assume that's what it is, but as Ganon's we generally don't follow assumptions and rules that other characters depend on.

I also agree that we need the word "kick" in the name, at least for something as obscure as "The Red Sun," which doesn't imply much about what kind of move it is.

B!squick

Smash Master
Is it just me, or do we ALL look at other people's suggestions and go, 'meh, that's okay, I guess,' but anything we ourselves think of is totally epic and you're gay if you disagree?

I'm not saying I do this... much, but I was just wondering if anyone else does. >.>

ANYWAY, Solar Kick and other similar suggestions seems like we're on the right track, but if we're gonna have a... arg, let's see if I can remember my high school English... homonym? for the first word, we might as well make the entire name follow suit.

How about... the Solar Stuffer?

... Though on second though, that just sounds like a space bake mix. >.<

Top Bottom