• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Standard Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

chic

Smash Ace
@chic:

you made it to 7th with luigi, doesnt that mean something? :p

anywho, i think people just need to adjust to the newly buffed "weak" characters before the old pros at top tiers begin to worry
not really... the tourny before that i placed 13th at ohsnap out of 84 or something... im not trying to imply that im good just saying i know how to play
He's making it sound like it was MK MK MK MK MK.

It was probably something like MK Snake Lucario ZSS Luigi.
utdzac=gw
bwett=diddy
sethlon=falco
forsaken=mk
chuky=gw
ice=snake
dphat=mk (I THINK)
thinkman=jiggly <pro

but anyway bb is still new so im sure itjust needs more time. tourny was mostly filled with nubs ;)

1) Zelda is awesome! Some suggest that she was overpowered but i dont think so. I think she is perfetly fine.
2) I have this doubt, i know final smashes crash the game but on a few characters, but does the item "timer" do the same? some say its kinda buggy during game play and i just want to make sure this way it doesn't crash. BTW, can someone give me the list of which characters have the potential of using their final smash without crashing the game? thanks.

Smash Apprentice
well i said i was going to give an update on my opinion on bb after the UTD tourny. i believe i placed 7th out of the 72 entrants. played against a lot of different characters in pools... but i honestly didn't notice any real difference... the players who made it to the top 5 i believe were still all top tier characters too lol -_- maybe its just because balanced brawl is still new and people haven't had time to learn the changes or something... but for now bb=meh...
fail lol
most top players play top tiers though

HeadBoy

Smash Rookie
Please, it would be a wonderful if you guys can convert the codes to a snapshot file.

I play regular brawl for online friends who don't hack (vBrawl is already hacked with replays and small touches) and I sometimes switch to Brawl+, which is saved directly on my wii through a snapshot file. I use a 4gb SD card that doesn't work with brawl (need the space for VC/Wiiware games) and I load all my games through usbloaderGX, so the only way to load Balanced Brawl (and keep vBrawl and Brawl+) is through another snapshot file.
I can't find anything that creates BIN files from codes, so I need your help. Thanks in advance!

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
2) I have this doubt, i know final smashes crash the game but on a few characters, but does the item "timer" do the same? some say its kinda buggy during game play and i just want to make sure this way it doesn't crash. BTW, can someone give me the list of which characters have the potential of using their final smash without crashing the game? thanks.
As far as my experience goes, timer doesn´t crash Brawl. But:
1) Slowed one can jump RIDICULOUSLY high
2) Slowed one can cancel any of his moves whenewher he wants (Jiggs WoP again, anyone? :p)
3) And I think grabs do something REALLY weird, like freezing the slowed one for seconds.. :chuckle:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Everyone aside from Cpt. Falcon, Zelda, Sheik, and Meta Knight should be able to use their FS. And I hear removing all of their textures fixes this problem.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
1) Zelda is awesome! Some suggest that she was overpowered but i dont think so. I think she is perfetly fine.
1) Still, she hasn't real changes for some matchups, Dsmash and Jab buffs helps a lot against close-ranges, but she is still having a lot of trouble against small/fast/disjointed characters (GW and MK, anyone?). I was thinking on a faster (3/4 maybe) aerial Din's Fire ending lag, so make it an actual useful spacer when she got knocked away (but thinking of it, it may would be a ridiculous offstage follow-up when opponents are sent fly...). Zelda still need a little help (no, I won't switch Sheik), yet, I really can't figure out how unless affect the Z/S combo (I'm not pushing nobody!).
btw, I'd never say she's overpowered because of her damaging troubles...

2) I picked up an assistant trophy and it sent Shadow; when slowered down, I grabbed my oppent, and when I did a Pummel, it randomly teleported left-right-left-death (all on the same instant! lol). That was so hillarous!
I'm not sure if it's risky for the wii =S

Everyone aside from Cpt. Falcon, Zelda, Sheik, and Meta Knight should be able to use their FS. And I hear removing all of their textures fixes this problem.
really? although i have used zelda's and sheik's during a 1vs 1 match since i forgot to remove it. and then when i used it nothing happend. but when i used it on a 4 player match it froze o_O?? i think it only frezees when you line everyone up with the light, before the arrow is shot. if you line one person up i dont thnk it freezes since it didnt happen to me with both zelda/sheik.

and well true, zelda... well now that i think of it...its true. she does need a little bit more help because matchups w/ small people, she had quite trouble, even me and i main her. i then use sheik.

Mit

Smash Ace
i then use sheik.
And that is why Zelda does not need as much help as people think.

lrn2play 2 characters. Sucks, but the combo of both of them would be too good if they didn't balance each other out and could be independent.

Also

Mit said:
I noticed you're back Thinkaman, and I don't know if you caught some of my earlier posts, but I was wondering your opinion on Captain Falcon.

Just wondering what you think is a decent strategy against very defensive and campy opponents. I know matchups like that are technically still winnable, but I wouldn't consider them anywhere close to 40:60 (which I know is the targeted minimum for all the matchups in BBrawl).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But, why sheik is much more viable than Zelda?
Sheik has some even matchups against big/strong characters, but Zelda doesn't against small ones.

what I mean is, Zelda really can't be helped JUST because of Sheik?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Unless we remove Zelda's DownB, Zelda will always have access to Sheik at anytime.

This makes her two characters. It is your own fault if you choose to only main one.

Being two characters is overpowered, so both are watered down.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
but saying that solo Zelda doesn't deserve better matchups because of her Down-B is just stupid...
sorry, I don't mean to flame, but Sheik is viable by itself, and Zelda is not because of that?
I seriously think something's wrong on that...

Mit

Smash Ace
They're both about equally bad. Sheik has trouble killing, Zelda has trouble racking damage. Both have some bad matchups, but they can balance those matchups out by using their other persona. To use the character combo to its full effect you need to fully know how to use both characters, and know when to use which characters in which matchups. Stubbornness on the matter is only going to hurt you in the long run and prevent you from using the character you've chosen to her full potential.

BBrawl doesn't look at Zelda as having individual matchups, or Sheik having individual matchups. Zelda/Sheik as a team have matchups, and those matchups are viable.

DGchu

Smash Rookie
If you choose to not use a tool given to you, a tool that actually feels decent and natural and makes the character a little unique, that's your problem. It's like saying you don't use MK's Down-B, so that makes MK bad.

JOE!

Smash Hero
hmn, yoshi still has tee Bthrow CG on diddy...

+ his buffs....

+ diddy cannot nanner lock

yoshi > diddy

JOE!

Smash Hero
all I'm saying is that it is still there (regardless of whether or not the diddy gets out quickly, it is still some free damage)

tack some easier damage onto yoshi's newfound amazing damage racking abilities and better KO power, along with Diddy's loss of bananna shenannigans... :lick:

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Whenever a CPU is set into knockback, even from grab release, they Air Dodge. Many CPUs airdodge and then fall into Yoshi's grab range during vulnerable cooldown.

Not an infinite.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The only really obvious problem Yoshi has against Diddy is just because you can't jump out of shield, which REALLY sucks when he starts throwing Bananas at you meaning you really are going to be hard pressed to stay safe on the ground vs him.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Zelda/Sheik isn't the Ice Climbers. How can anyone say that being two characters is overpowered.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Consider that they are two different characters with different matchups that can switch at will.

"I counterpick Zelda."
"I counterpick <someone that counterpicks Zelda>."

*Match Starts*

*Zelda switches*
*Sheik Counterpicks the loser*

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The opponent who allowed Sheik/Zelda to switch is the one at fault. You're essentially allowing your opponent to do as they wish and gain a potential advantage.

And I must say potential, as there are chars who counterpick both Zelda/Sheik and chars who don't have much trouble with either one.

Any bonus options do not exist until she transforms. And THEN, a tradeoff occurs.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The opponent who allowed Sheik/Zelda to switch is the one at fault. You're essentially allowing your opponent to do as they wish and gain a potential advantage.

And I must say potential, as there are chars who counterpick both Zelda/Sheik and chars who don't have much trouble with either one.

Any bonus options do not exist until she transforms. And THEN, a tradeoff occurs.
Not really, Zelda/sheik has techniques to make her transformation a great deal safer (rising transform anyone?), and can also transform when the opponent is knocked off-stage.

And of course, that's true, but in total it's easy to give the an overall advantage above and beyond the rest of the cast.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Whenever a CPU is set into knockback, even from grab release, they Air Dodge. Many CPUs airdodge and then fall into Yoshi's grab range during vulnerable cooldown.

Not an infinite.
I never said Infinite, i said Chain grab

As in: easy way to rack damage if Yoshi catches Diddy. Along with Yoshi's buffs and Diddy's loss of nanner locks this Neutral Match is most likeley in Yoshi's favor

uhm...back to the final smash crashing, i used Zelda's and Sheik's and it doesnt freeze when you hit one opponent, but when you perfectly snipe every1, then it crashes. its so wierd, i dont understand that? o_O

wait...i rememeber seing something like that on the .txt file for balanced brawl. if you uncheck thats code would their final smash work? aswell as c.falcon and meatknight?

The freeze lasts too long for the Frame Speed Modifier to handle.
BTW. whats the difference between the Frame Speed Modifier, and Frame Speed Mod Engine.?? if you were to uncheck those in the code manager, would you be able to use final smashes without crashing the game, since the freeze is too strong for the modifier.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
*sigh* I guess I can't do nothing about Zelda (unless I got to hack by myself? oO)... I'm just sad that she's maybe the worst character in BBrawl... I still completly support this project....

anyways, I'll change my thread.

my friends and I we were messing up with replays of vBrawl on BBrawl and vice-versa.
It was so fun watching characters with strage behaivor and randomly SD'ing... although, the replay screen use to freeze...

EDIT: @ hyruleanpricesszeldafan: please, do not double post. Use the Edit button at the right of your posts.

*sigh* I guess I can't do nothing about Zelda (unless I got to hack by myself? oO)... I'm just sad that she's maybe the worst character in BBrawl... I still completly support this project....

anyways, I'll change my thread.

my friends and I we were messing up with replays of vBrawl on BBrawl and vice-versa.
It was so fun watching characters with strage behaivor and randomly SD'ing... although, the replay screen use to freeze...

EDIT: @ hyruleanpricesszeldafan: please, do not double post. Use the Edit button at the right of your posts.
fine?!? im srry, but i want my question answered.

Phantom-X

Smash Rookie
This brawl version is simply awesome, congrats. for the good work. The only thin I worry about is that everytime captain falcon does his final smash and captures someone the game freezes :S. Is there a solution for this??

Thanks in advanced.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I think... we need a BBrawl FAQ.

That would be useful. Anyone up to making one? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom