• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Version 2 Release

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Y'know I'm really sad this didn't occur to me earlier.

Renegade and I were talking, and if only Ike's Dash Attack was more powerful...I mean he can B-throw into it just fine, so make that a moderately powerful KO option. Not only would this not change the character, it would effectively solve his biggest problem of reward for bypassing shield. And besides the move is generally terrible outside of the combo anyway.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Y'know I'm really sad this didn't occur to me earlier.

Renegade and I were talking, and if only Ike's Dash Attack was more powerful...I mean he can B-throw into it just fine, so make that a moderately powerful KO option. Not only would this not change the character, it would effectively solve his biggest problem of reward for bypassing shield.
IF it pushed shields away from being shield grabbed when spaced, I like it.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Hmm...found this through A2Z's sig. I admit, it looks pretty good, unlike Brawl+, which is so desperate to be Melee 2.0. I'd like to see some tournaments for this - I'll bet they'd be really interesting.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, for anyone who's adopted the new animated sig, I'mma need to revoke that. Photobucket has this tendency to compress my photos at random, causing stuff like this to happen:

(looool how does that even happen?)

It wasn't so bad with the real sig, but it's still annoyingly noticeable - which I feel is totally unacceptable for such a professional project. Right now I'm experimenting with some other image hosting sites, so I'll be back at a later date with an image with secured quality.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I like the sig, but what really kills it for me is that the background doesnt match the Smash Blue theme I'm using, and without it being transparent I doubt I will use that over the old one.

Anyway, huzzah for the release!
I'll be on the chat tomorrow to play, most likely.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Likewise, I dislike the lack of transparency gifs have, but I really wanted an animation. It goes with the "advanced" theme the second iteration of BBrawl has going. Mit told me a trick that might fix that problem though, but in the meantime, I'll actually work on a new static BBrawl sig. :D

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...found this through A2Z's sig. I admit, it looks pretty good, unlike Brawl+, which is so desperate to be Melee 2.0. I'd like to see some tournaments for this - I'll bet they'd be really interesting.
Hmhm, Project M says no.

Should be interesting to see where this project goes from here, whether it gains any steam or not.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
HELP! it wont work D:
i extracted it to an sd card, deleted all my stages but it wont load when i go to the stage builder... AND I CANT DELETE IT OFF MAI SD CARD!!! Help?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
HELP! it wont work D:
i extracted it to an sd card, deleted all my stages but it wont load when i go to the stage builder... AND I CANT DELETE IT OFF MAI SD CARD!!! Help?
When you open stage builder do you have a custom stage from wifi?

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
HELP! it wont work D:
Did you put the 'BBrawl version 2' folder or the contents of that folder on your SD card? Did you delete all custom stages? If you did, just try again. Sometimes BBrawl just doesn't want to load, and it's not unheard of for this to happen twice in a row sometimes. It might just be straight up bad luck.

Also, if you can't delete it from your SD card, then most likely you've got the 'lock' tab on the side of your SD card flipped. Just set it back to 'unlock'.

On a related note: I no longer have free camera control in BBrawl. Is this the case for everyone else as well, or is my SD card being wacky in some new unheard-of way?
Also, I'm not seeing any hearts on Jigglypuffs down throw. I know these were in the test build, but were they removed for the final version? Or is this just some wackiness on my end as well?

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Did you put the 'BBrawl version 2' folder or the contents of that folder on your SD card? Did you delete all custom stages? If you did, just try again. Sometimes BBrawl just doesn't want to load, and it's not unheard of for this to happen twice in a row sometimes. It might just be straight up bad luck.

Also, if you can't delete it from your SD card, then most likely you've got the 'lock' tab on the side of your SD card flipped. Just set it back to 'unlock'.

On a related note: I no longer have free camera control in BBrawl. Is this the case for everyone else as well, or is my SD card being wacky in some new unheard-of way?
Also, I'm not seeing any hearts on Jigglypuffs down throw. I know these were in the test build, but were they removed for the final version? Or is this just some wackiness on my end as well?
I deleted everything and i put the folder on one, and the contents on another to see if that would work but nothing did D:
Also the lock tab isnt on cuz i could delete anything else...
when you are adding and deleting files a lot in an SD card sometimes you have to format it
How do you format it? maybe this is the problem :D

EDIT: nvm i figured it out, now lets see if it will work :D

EDIT AGAIN: im doomed, still wont load D:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The free camera control code isn't enabled by default for some reason. You could grab the text file and make your own .GCT. I had to do this anyway for all my custom stages.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Maybe it will if StackSmash gets demanded enough, but doesn't depend on BBrawl's developers

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
where do you put the texture files on the sd?
sorry for all the questions, im not a genious at this

Mehbah

Smash Rookie
I have a couple of questions about this.

First off, is it possible to use this without the changes to the stages? I'm referring to the ones that were changed completely, Hyrule Temple and Spear Pillar. The people I play with like the other balancing acts, but since we're not exactly interested in tournament play, we prefer the full versions of those stages. I've checked the .txt file, but none of the codes in it refer directly to these changes, unless I'm totally confused.

Second, will this work if we start it from the stage creating menu, even though I edited the .gct file myself? The file is already far past 256 lines of code, much thanks to the omnibus code. Does it work despite that, whether I start it from the homebrew channel or through the stage builder menu? I don't know very much about this stuff, obviously.

Thanks.

Mit

Smash Ace

First off, is it possible to use this without the changes to the stages? I'm referring to the ones that were changed completely, Hyrule Temple and Spear Pillar. The people I play with like the other balancing acts, but since we're not exactly interested in tournament play, we prefer the full versions of those stages. I've checked the .txt file, but none of the codes in it refer directly to these changes, unless I'm totally confused.
Yes. Stage changes are also done through File Replacement and not codes. To find the stages, go to: private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\stage\melee. Find the stages you don't want replaced in there and delete them/rename them. Spear Pillar is STGTENGAN, and IIRC, Temple is not changed in BBrawl2? Atleast I don't see it in here.

Second, will this work if we start it from the stage creating menu, even though I edited the .gct file myself? The file is already far past 256 lines of code, much thanks to the omnibus code. Does it work despite that, whether I start it from the homebrew channel or through the stage builder menu? I don't know very much about this stuff, obviously.

Thanks.
The stage creation loading works using the No Custom Stages code (because if you try to use custom stages it will freeze), and a .bin file in the File Replacement heirarchy (private\wii\app\RSBE\stNO\). As long as these remain it will still work. Over 256 lines of code is bypassed in Brawl due to that gameconfig file that's on the root of your SD card.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

First off, is it possible to use this without the changes to the stages? I'm referring to the ones that were changed completely, Hyrule Temple and Spear Pillar. The people I play with like the other balancing acts, but since we're not exactly interested in tournament play, we prefer the full versions of those stages.
First, no changes were made to Temple. (No past experiements have been kept.) You can enjoy its full, unmodified glory.

Second, Spear Pillar's change only applies to Dialga's version. The traditional wacky version is still intact with Palkia and Cresselia; you can hold L or R to force the game to go to Palkia, or L/R+X/Y to force Cresselia. Everybody wins!

Varna

Smash Rookie

You can just delete private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\stage\melee\STGTENGAN_1.pac if you really want the original Dialga Spear Pillar stage back.

Fledgling

Smash Cadet
If the edits to Temple in v1 of BBrawl were because of a .pac, is there any chance said .pac could be provided? I actually really liked the removal of the bottom.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Sorry, it was done strictly in code. Using BrawlBox to make your own custom version however you want shouldn't be that tricky.

Mehbah

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the replies.

I got everything to work, though it would have been a whole lot easier if my computer didn't refuse to recognise my SD cards for no good reason.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
why does jigglypuff's down throw only show hearts with peach? i wish it did it to everyone :(

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So guys, edit your post so other people can find out on their own. (or got a mod to edit for you :3)

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Can Nayru's be changed back to hitting them sideways?
It could actually led to some things and could be used as an edge guard.
Now it sends them too high to lead to anything, and it sent them a little lower it would basically be the same as her Farore's Wind.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
EDIT: nvm, massive server errors made me epic ninja'd by about 15 people... =(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I meant my server errors..... but w/e....

I actually can't tell nothing for true feedback right now, only tell the fact that CPU's seems rediculously stronger on BBrawl than in vBrawl (even if they don't even use the bonuses), I swear one of them LEDGEHOGGED MY IVYSAUR!

@fuujin: Zelda seems to be the only character that was changed too much, since her gimmicks, behavior and gameplay were drastically affected.......

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
zelda was by far the worst character.

i think brawl soccer will be how i eventually get people to start playing bbrawl.

ICs can definitely still chaingrab with fthrow, at least. two different IC players were able to do it yesterday.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
i think they should have increased zeldas sweetspot frames, then she would be perfect :D

Werewolf25

Smash Rookie
Just my luck! I get back into the Brawl scene five days after BBrawl2 comes out. I'll be sure to test this out ASAP. Thank you guys so much!

Top Bottom