• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter For Smash 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Little Mac is a boxer which is considered a martial art and it isn't just throwing punches actually, fair enough, I didn't come here to say that ballon fighter is deconfirmed because he isn't, just to say that little mac didn't increase his chances
I get that part. I'm just saying it doesn't decrease it either.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well... earlier in this thread it was stated that 4 characters used the Balloon gimmick (BF, Alice, Tingle, Villager) I'll also add Hello Kitty since Balloon Kid in Japan had one version with Hello Kitty instead of Alice.

So that makes it 5. How many characters use boxing gloves? (If we're going to count all the Punch Out boxers, then I'll also include Alice's brother, BF's player 2, and the Balloon Fight opponents as well, raising it up to 8 characters that use the Balloon gimmicks).

He may no longer be as high on my list, mainly due to me being realistic that Sakurai couldn't quite work with him in the past, and he has given BF's main trait to the Villager. But I wouldn't also count my chickens before they hatch, as I'm sure Sakurai and co. find a way to include him now, with flippers, shock-stars, inflators, etc.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Because that is literally the only thing he do, apparently it is hard to Sakurai as villager just stole his main move, his balloons are of the same color as the ones balloon fighter moves, he moves like balloon fighter moves and even makes the same sounds that balloon fighter does, like I said before he is not deconfirmed but saying that little mac increased his chances is ridiculous
I'll bet you $50 you didn't read SirKibble's set before posting this.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Well, before we start a flame war let's just agree to disagree but I wish balloon fighter supporters the best of luck

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I've begun to rationalize to myself that Villager is actually Balloon Fighter. If Balloon Fighter was in this game, we wouldn't really know what he would look like. Pit and ROB both got radical makeovers to move them into the modern era. He might as well look like an Animal Crossing character.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was thinking, what if Balloon Fighter is still chosen as a playable. Seeing as his stage has an icon and unlike Hannenbow, he's still viable to an extent. Even if Villager stole his main thing.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Has anyone else considered that Villager may have the balloons because he is a clone of Balloon Fighter?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So Balloon Fighter is going to be throwing umbrellas and punching things?
No... just no.
Not necessarily. I dont think a clone needs all the same moves. But after playing with villager, his aerial his a HUGE part of his moveset.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
so you're saying youd consider them a clone if they had one special move the same?
I'm saying if it's such a huge element of it, yes, because after playing as balloon fighter I can assure you it's not just a simple recovery move but a huge mechanic of his movement base.

Obviously, none of them are clones, because they aren't DNA. So I think when we use the word 'clone' we get a little attached and aggressive about it without just discussing it openly.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I hope Balloon Fighter make it someday. They could give another up special move to the Villager.
Balloon Fight is THE retro game, period.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm saying if it's such a huge element of it, yes, because after playing as balloon fighter I can assure you it's not just a simple recovery move but a huge mechanic of his movement base.
i know that but its an odd straw to grasp at

any way the villager has that as a recovery move probably due to the fact that you could get balloon fight in the first animal crossing

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
any way the villager has that as a recovery move probably due to the fact that you could get balloon fight in the first animal crossing
Is that why? THANK YOU for clearing that up.
Seriously.

As for grasping at a straw, I really dont think it is. If you want to say they would both have the move, by all means do that and word it that way. You think it would be more likely that they would have all moves mostly in common than just the recovery?

I dont know, that doesnt make any more sense to me, but clones never made any sense to me from a game standpoint (play, not development) anyway.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Is that why? THANK YOU for clearing that up.
Seriously.

As for grasping at a straw, I really dont think it is. If you want to say they would both have the move, by all means do that and word it that way. You think it would be more likely that they would have all moves mostly in common than just the recovery?

I dont know, that doesnt make any more sense to me, but clones never made any sense to me from a game standpoint (play, not development) anyway.
no i dont think theyd have the same recovery move

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
But it's his recovery and not his jump.

There's a difference. :4kirby:
I mean, yes, but third jump and recovery are also used interchangeably, as are moves which are in fact part of recovery and have nothing to do with gaining height.

So, its not really his recovery at all in that sense, it is his up special, given that last point in which recovery can involve attacks and specials used meta game for vertical distance as well.

Anyway, I'm not here to start argument wars over wording. Just to spark a possibility, it is fine if everyone disagrees with me.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I mean, yes, but third jump and recovery are also used interchangeably, as are moves which are in fact part of recovery and have nothing to do with gaining height.

So, its not really his recovery at all in that sense, it is his up special, given that last point in which recovery can involve attacks and specials used meta game for vertical distance as well.

Anyway, I'm not here to start argument wars over wording. Just to spark a possibility, it is fine if everyone disagrees with me.
I'm only pointing out how there IS a difference between standard multi jumps and recoveries.

Also, it is a recovery since it's a move that was clearly meant/designed to help him get back to the stage. (Just like riding the gyroid rocket)

Recoveries don't need to actually be attacks. Especially if they function as a way to help return to the stage.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
villager is a pallet swap inspired on village, i honestly doubt it will work :troll:

Anyways, i losed all the hope on balloon fighter, not even tingle is going to make it :/

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Maybe Balloon Fighter and Alice could be playable now! (Yeah, I said it! I feel that with Lucina's announcement, they have a chance now.)

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Maybe Balloon Fighter and Alice could be playable now! (Yeah, I said it! I feel that with Lucina's announcement, they have a chance now.)
mnah, the reasons and logic behind their selection is too far to be comparable (a retro against a jigglypuff :p).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But the issue with that is that Balloon Fighter isn't big enough of a series to warrant two reps. Before you mention Kid Icarus, keep in mind that game managed to get a HUGE revival by Sakurai himself after the release of Brawl. Making Kid Icarus arguably even more important than both Balloon games whether it had representation in Nintendo Land or not.

Speculator

Smash Ace
The balloons are way too central to Balloon Fighter to share with another character. They definitely wouldn't simply be his up special, either. They're his defining characteristic, he'd need them out all the time.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, I understand, but I just think that with Balloon Fight being a stage on SSB3DS, they might have a chance, since a stage like that is way out left-field and not only that, but Smashville was in SSBB since the Villager was planned. Yes, I know he was dismissed for Brawl, but Animal Crossing was very popular at the time, Sakurai just didn't know how to make him work, but then he did and look who we get for the fourth game, and chronologically, the Villager is the first newcomer announced for SSB4. Balloon Fight has only had one (technically two) game(s). So maybe Sakurai is teasing us that maybe our retro rep for SSB4 is either Balloon Fighter himself, or (and to me, this next choice is much more likely,) Alice from Balloon Kid. Remember, Sakurai has said that he likes to revive retro characters, you know, and what would make them any different?

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If anything Balloon Fighters Up Special would be those pipes that shoot out air/Balloons in the minigames.

Well, I understand, but I just think that with Balloon Fight being a stage on SSB3DS, they might have a chance, since a stage like that is way out left-field and not only that, but Smashville was in SSBB since the Villager was planned. Yes, I know he was dismissed for Brawl, but Animal Crossing was very popular at the time, Sakurai just didn't know how to make him work, but then he did and look who we get for the fourth game, and chronologically, the Villager is the first newcomer announced for SSB4. Balloon Fight has only had one (technically two) game(s). So maybe Sakurai is teasing us that maybe our retro rep for SSB4 is either Balloon Fighter himself, or (and to me, this next choice is much more likely,) Alice from Balloon Kid. Remember, Sakurai has said that he likes to revive retro characters, you know, and what would make them any different?
Also counting how the Balloon FIght stage also has it's own series icon.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Balloon Fighter's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Balloon Fighter's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Trickster, whose floaty properties allow him to take to the air and force his opponents to chase after him to get any hits on him. (Which will be difficult, since I envision him to travel around the air VERY fast by help of his balloons. Also, while I know she is not the main "focus" of this thread, Alice, the main character of the Balloon Fight "semi-sequel", Balloon Kid, I also envision to have the same properties, if not a bit faster than Balloon Fighter.)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Trickster, whose floaty properties allow him to take to the air and force his opponents to chase after him to get any hits on him. (Which will be difficult, since I envision him to travel around the air VERY fast by help of his balloons. Also, while I know she is not the main "focus" of this thread, Alice, the main character of the Balloon Fight "semi-sequel", Balloon Kid, I also envision to have the same properties, if not a bit faster than Balloon Fighter.)
How would Balloon Fighter take out opponents like :4bowser:?

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys,

Just resurrecting this thread to say that Balloon Fighter is by far my most wanted retro character to be playable. I support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom