• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM 2K11 - October 1st & 2nd - WE GOT SUM MANGO

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
It's looking like mango, been speaking to him and he's keen as. I'll try speak to armada soon

Dekar289

Smash Hero
mango might take a stock or two off me, i'm keen for a challenge

Dekar289

Smash Hero
can we contact harry ponting's parents and see how much it costs to persuade them to let him go to bam

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Yes, but i cant get money from oosers unless they come to CW

also first person mango is talking to to bring with him:

Hugs

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hugs coming would be awesome, but I seriously think you need to think through that mango probably wouldn't be the positive smasher experience for both melee and brawl that you'd hope for (or at least I'd hope that you'd hope for).

Do you not want:
1. Someone reasonably social
2. Someone who is good at both games
2a. While being good at both games, would you not prefer someone that is actually beatable? Do you want to bolster the esteem of the scene in general? Do you want another big australian final where loser's finals is the most hype?

Mango would win both melee and brawl, either way. Unless he trolled through brawl.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Of course not.
But he would still win. Like, 95% certain if he didn't troll he would demolish all of us in a slightly similar fashion to m2k (except with Falco).

The guy beasts on good players in brawl every time he bothers.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
Hugs coming would be awesome, but I seriously think you need to think through that mango probably wouldn't be the positive smasher experience for both melee and brawl that you'd hope for (or at least I'd hope that you'd hope for).

Do you not want:
2a. While being good at both games, would you not prefer someone that is actually beatable? Do you want to bolster the esteem of the scene in general? Do you want another big australian final where loser's finals is the most hype?

Mango would win both melee and brawl, either way. Unless he trolled through brawl.
shaya if we sponsor someone over here that is beatable then it would be a waste of our money...

Redact

Professional Nice Guy

Do you not want:

1. mango is EXACTLY like dekar, you guys will ****in love this guy. But then he also drinks too, gr8 party material

2. i do not care about promoting brawl, whilst im organizing this even, i do not want to put my own resources into brawl. If someone wishes to start a drive/source a player that plays brawl/both games by all means go ahead, but nothing I do is going to be for brawl unless it benefits melee

2a. no actually, id prefer an amazing player who can give us the business as people know them. I mean like i'd rather get my *** handed to be by mango or drpp than go even or barely lose to some american ive never heard of

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i like mango. he takes the piss out of everything, much more than dekar does. i don't see deks throwing out $1 bills to everyone and being carried in the air when he wins a national -- it somehow makes him an acceptable douche :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
just in regards to the person being beatable... i think that's kinda important.

most people agree that m2k kinda killed rocky last year, since it was obvious who would win, and he kinda made the bracket extremely bias.

not saying i didnt enjoy playing him, cause i did, im just saying that he really killed the hype.

and mango would probably do the same.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
well.. since they are sponsored.. how about we have our australian tournament. then the winner plays mango for glory...
Bad idea

I could easily just attempt to increase the pot (for both games), then everything goes from there (this is with no Mango or anyone in mind)

Otherwise can just continue and head toward getting Mango (with a pretty average pot size mind you)

Ideas?

Getting someone beatable is not going to happen unless people donate. By the way things look currently, I'll be paying for Mango mostly thus I have the most say. I personally want mango and it's as simple as that.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
it was ok having m2k in the doubles brackets, but singles just ruined hype/will to play..
That's something I was considering, or somehow modifying the bracket in a way so that Mango would not have some adverse effect on singles without being inserted late (idk how with that, but you get the intention)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
hey, i proposed that last year, but people were insistent on punishing themselves, lol, because they thought they could actually beat him. LOL >_>

now you guys have learnt your lesson. people of totally different leagues need to be treated differently.

idea: run pools as standard, but one with all of the top players thrown in. they all get free rides into the finals bracket, but their performances in the pool will determine the DE-seeding positions. that way, at least all of the important australian hype matches can be conducted without lost opportunities that would happen as an inevitable result of the final DE bracket.

you could even schedule ALL of the best australian matches BEFORE any of the matches involving mango, to 'protect' any kind of hype that would have dissipated should they have versed mango earlier.

this also allows legitimately good players, but not the best, to earn their way into the bracket as standard.

i dunno, not perfect, but trying to be creative here.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Not enter singles? But thats the main event!

To quote evil GIR: "Your methods are stupid. Your progresses are stupid. Your intelligence is STUPID!"

I dont really care. I just like quoting gir lol.
But on the other hand, I dont think I could ever go to a tournament and not enter singles.

:phone:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Mango doesn't really care about winning, check his tournament results from anything 2011, even with local cali events lol

He goes for the good times and great friends
GOOD TIMES
GREAT FRIENDS

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Man I think it'd just be awesome to meet mango cuz he seems like a really cool guy to hang with. And on top of that he will butt**** anyone in melée.

I think mango would make the matches a bit more interesting than m2k, and plus he would commentary which would be awesome to hear on Aussie matches.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Yeah some kinda tactics to keep the singles hype is vital
I would still like to see matches of Mango destroying our best players on the projector though.
Should do a crew-esque match, our 4 best vs mangos 4 stocks

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Man I think it'd just be awesome to meet mango cuz he seems like a really cool guy to hang with. And on top of that he will butt**** anyone in melée.

I think mango would make the matches a bit more interesting than m2k, and plus he would commentary which would be awesome to hear on Aussie matches.

Exactly why it would be great to have mango not be in the finals, so he can commetate it.

Also exactly why we should do australia vs mango or something, or at least exhibition sets. At least there will be money matches.

You'll all get plenty of time to play him as he wont back bracket matches taking up any of his time (8

Top Bottom