• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM 2K11 - October 1st & 2nd - WE GOT SUM MANGO

Splice

Smash Hero
would brawlers be keen for a top level player come too

or y'all still traumatised by M2K

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
its not such a bad idea.. since increasing pot size that goes to the sponsor would make the 2nd prize less than an average tournament :/
also frees him up for mms the whole singles bracket =P

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I would be rather interested in showing to this...:)

Perhaps I'm not Axe per se, but I can show you what i've taught him...:p

(Axe's Sensei) = Vman

:p Oh and I play Yoshi!? >.> Not sure if this helps my case or hurts it?.... Uhhhhhh yeah? Melee?!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
And you take no credit for helping with donations

+1 is looking very not happening right now. No donations nor does anyone express interest to donate

hmmmmm

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Zomg Vman.

As the only remaining melee yoshi main in aus (pretty much) let me warn you how much I would pester you to teach me your ways if you were to come here...
I has no money to spare though sorry. Got a daughter to feed, bills to pay etc.

REDACT IF YOU WANT ME TO GET BACK INTO MELEE, GET VECTOR TO COME TO AUS DAGNAMMIT!

:phone:

blaze3927

Smash Ace
i pm'd malva00,
also pm'd him regarding a 2012 tourney if he cant make 2011
apparently he has school or something but he is going to south america for some tourneys in august so he CAN move around.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Zomg Vman.

As the only remaining melee yoshi main in aus (pretty much) let me warn you how much I would pester you to teach me your ways if you were to come here...
I has no money to spare though sorry. Got a daughter to feed, bills to pay etc.

REDACT IF YOU WANT ME TO GET BACK INTO MELEE, GET VECTOR TO COME TO AUS DAGNAMMIT!

Haha, I completely understand, well yeah I'm definetely going to majorly look into this...Hopefully something can be arranged for assistance...and who knows what can happen..

Haha, I'd be honored to teach Yoshi. n_n;

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I'm interested in V3ctorman coming, his Yoshi is great to watch online so it would be beast irl. Plus it would be a unique change from the usual characters most of us see and play.

No money to donate (yet) though, going through fixing up my car, new phone and lack of consistent work atm. I'll donate when/if I can though =)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I hate it when work doesnt give me shifts either, lol.

Hopefully some of the brawlers might wanna try getting someone over here thats pretty cool to hang out with. preferably someone who wont annihilate us all.

Ill consider donating if i get the chance, but my money isnt amazing right now.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Can we donate money towards aussie players?

Namely those beautiful WA guys? Having them here last year helped me realise thay I'm totally homosexual for guys from perth.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Why I should go to Australia

OK so, I know my name has been mentioned a few times, and I know that Oats/Havok/Hall have put in a good word for me, but I decided I'd rather be proactive about this decision instead of sitting around and waiting to see if you all pick me.

I REALLY want to go to Australia. In fact, I feel I would somewhat deserve the honor. Throughout my smash career, I have generally been underrated and under appreciated as a player by those who don't know me very well. This has never bothered me, as those around me know my merit as a person and as a smasher, hence the San Diego recommendations (from Brawlers, might I add). For those who don't know me, I've always been able to list facts to put my accomplishments and merits into perspective quite clearly. I plan on doing this here now.

As a player, I have the longest running "successful" smash career of anyone in the community. What I mean by "successful" is that I have managed to remain at relatively the same highly competitive level, relative to the community/metagame, since late 2005. I have never been washed up, never irrelevant, and have constantly been able to adapt to the metagame despite my character choice to remain a top 20 ranked contender at worst, and a top 10 threat at best. On top of that, I guarantee you'll get something completely different when you play me, and I'd serve as a great contrast to any other top pro you've all been able to play.

My long-running career means that I have more experience than almost anyone you can invite to Australia. And the good thing is, I LOVE to share what I know. On top of that, I'm one of the few top smashers out there who can express his knowledge in words. No disrespect to other top players, but when asked about smash theory, I'm not gonna be a Ken or Azen and say "Idk... I just ***** him". I've spent years learning what I know, and I certainly know how to communicate it.

I'm not greedy, I'm not going there for the money. I'm not going there to split with people. If I win anything, I'll donate most of it back minus my expenses. I'd be going there to do what is expected of a person visiting a new smash area. I'd be there to socialize, to let my brain get picked at, and to play my absolute best. I've done it before on a smaller scale when I was flown out to Utah, and I'm sure they can attest to the positive experience.

I don't mean to bring retirement talk into this, but I honestly feel this experience would be a great exclamation point to a long, hard fought, and extremely enjoyable smash career. It'd be a bit poetic to round out my last experiences in smash the way my career started, by meeting new people and experiencing a sense of awe at the new environment and competitive unity. I'm looking at this as an opportunity, not a right, and I would plan to thoroughly exceed any expectations should I be allowed to go.

With that, I end my case, and I'm hoping that makes a stronger argument than what's been considered thus far :)

Also, I'm pretty good friends with the guy you're already inviting :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I third this motion. Please bring Hugo to Australia. I'll donate using money I don't have, but that's the 21st century for ya!

... and to be honest, it is much nicer if someone comes over, when they actually want to, and will work hard for it. Hugo's well-rounded, professionally and socially.

Vermy

Smash Champion
HugS, I don't know you, nor have I seen much of your matches or followed your Smash career.

I've been away from the Smash scene for the better part of 6 months. (immersed in SSFIV, MvC3 and DC Universe Online as well as irl problems) And I will happily donate a generous amount to have you out here. You seem like a top bloke. I'mma buy you a beer.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Committed to donating $100 for Hugo (that's the average monthly salary in the Philippines), if an online fund starts up for him.

We raised $1100 in 10 days last year. Crazy achievement. No doubt we could do it again

HugS™

Smash Lord
HugS, I don't know you, nor have I seen much of your matches or followed your Smash career.

I've been away from the Smash scene for the better part of 6 months. (immersed in SSFIV, MvC3 and DC Universe Online as well as irl problems) And I will happily donate a generous amount to have you out here. You seem like a top bloke. I'mma buy you a beer.
I LOVE good beer, so count me in.

Committed to donating $100 for Hugo (that's the average monthly salary in the Philippines), if an online fund starts up for him.

We raised $1100 in 10 days last year. Crazy achievement. No doubt we could do it again
I'm happy to see you helping me out considering we had a little rivalry when you first got to Socal, thanks to a certain top player's brother.

Guess it was that San Diego road trip that changed things LOL. Good times.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
anything havok, hall or oates says can be taken as the literal word of god, so if they say get hugs, you should get hugs.

personally, I love getting hugs, they make me fell all warm inside

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I've heard of hugs around places, but yeah you wouldn't know me of course. I think you played some ROB in brawl. Play me with rob dittos :3. But I doubt you play much of that game actually. More into melee right?

Bring this guy peoples, he seems pretty awesome ^-^. I'll gladly donate something. Also Hugs are the best thing ever so you get bonus points =P.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
well if everyone will donate to hugs and not to mango, im all for getting hugs then. hugs and mango are good mates from what mango was saying to me, so it wouldnt be a bad idea imo to get maybe both if people put in enough (8

Top Bottom