• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh look, Clippers playing opening day, and Stern conveniently blocks a trade for Lakers to get Paul so he can end up on the Clippers and make them more exciting...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Chicago isn't looking too good right now. Both Kobe and Pau are looking good though so that's good news for the Lakers.

Knicks need to personally thank Mr. Melo for saving their *** against the Celtics. Was impressed with Rondo he exposed the Knicks as still being a terrible defensive team. If the Celtics had Pierce the Knicks would have undoubtedly lost that game. They have a lot of work to do if they want to even dream of getting past Miami or Chicago.

Heat looked sexy good today until they got lazy towards the end. I expect them to have the best record in the NBA this season.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
-4 seconds left on shot clock.-
-Watches "World Peace" dribble into the lane-
-Watches him fall down and "pick" 2 Bulls-
-Ball rolls to Murphy and he scores-

This game is looking sloppy...I don't know if it's defense or just...them sucking. More excusable for the Lakers than Bulls.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That was terrible way to end a solid game by the Lakers. Gasol living up to his reputation and choking on his free throws. McRoberts is a 70% FT shooter and misses both too. Kobe is a turn over machine. This game should have at least gone into OT -_-.

And Deng travelled at the end.

Overall, I guess there's a silver lining in that the Lakers played well...I hope they can win vs Sac tomorrow and then Utah the day after.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I promised myself, after watching 60 games last season that I'd take it easy when it comes to my temper and emotional status in regards to being a fan of the Lakers. This game didn't help.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
3-0 on predictions so far, even though none of the games played out like I thought they would. :troll:

Knicks, Mavs, and now the Bulls have all underperformed today.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Mavs and Bulls will be fine. Some teams will be more prepared than others to start the season...though I will say the Bulls not being prepared was a bit of a shock.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
like the bulls
but i wanted the lakers to win based on the shear amount of sloppyness exhibited by both

they let the lakers stick around and they shouldve paid for it

so far the best game/most exciting game to watch was the knicks and the celtics

i want okc to win this game against the magic

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Oh look the 4th team today that's playing a lot worse than I thought they would. -.-

Only reason I want to see the Clips win is to go 5-0 on my predictions. haha

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, I got 3/5 predictions right in terms of accuracy. Mavs and LAC blowing out their opponents. Chicago did not. I thought Celtics would have Pierce and win in a nail biter and I had OKC winning comfortably.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Mavs, Lakers, AND the Bulls all lost today? What the heck is going on?

Well at the time of this post looks like "today" is actually supposed to be "yesterday."

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kings always give Lakers trouble (two close ones last year), and with them opening and LA on a back to back...I was expecting them to lose. Lakers got ***** on the glass. Bynum better play with vengeance once he comes back.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Based on this new hectic schedule, I think any team has the potential to win on any given night.

We might actually see some parity in the NBA this season. There really aren't any locks for the top 4 seeds in the Western Conference besides OKC in my opinion. As for the East, it's all about Chicago and Miami obviously, but the 3-8 slots are wide open for up and coming teams like the Pacers/Bucks. Things could get interesting.

I expect Miami to comfortably beat the Celtics later today since they still lack Pierce. Will be interesting to see if Rondo's first game was a fluke or if hes really improved.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think the Spurs will be really good too. They've done this before (although they were younger), and they DID have the best record last year. They just ran into a bad MU with the Grizzlies who are suffering since they lost Darrel Arthur for the season. They did get Rudy Gay back, which SHOULD make them better, but they also lost Shane Battier as well. I think they will be top 5.

Lakers just need Bynum back before I can make an accurate judgement. Watching them play Utah on their third game is gonna be so lulzy.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow, I have no idea how many bad calls I have seen in the fourth go in Miami's favor. And these aren't even close calls.

-Bosh losing the grip on the ball by himself = foul???
-Norris Cole drawing a charge when he was obviously sliding underneath
-Wade losing the ball on the drive, ball goes out of bounds and still Miami Ball
-Norris Cole blocking KG's arm while doing a lay up = no offensive foul.

Miami has benefited about 4-5 points cause of those calls smh.

What a joke. And I'm sure there are more that I can't recall.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
yeah there were some wack calls =/

maybe its the back-to-back-to-back games or maybe its the wrist, but at 33 years old, kobe's body language is telling this is going to be his last good season. beginning of the end of an era if you ask me

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The best trio in the NBA were bailed out by a rookie in the fourth quarter. Lol Norris Cole is something it looks like the Heat finally have a good PG.

Overall the Heat really need to learn how to hold onto big leads if they continue with this "gain 20 point lead and then barely keep it in the end" trend then I think I'll have a heart attack by the end of the season for sure.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Glad the Cavs got their first win
even though im not sure about the season and we are a second to third tier team i like the way we look
we are young and i like the camaraderie while still maintaining a older presence in Antwan and Vararjo whos not too prideful to learn and grow
plus i want Byron Scott to have a good year too like his work ethic as a coach

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Cleveland vs Detroit...battle of ****tiest teams in the NBA.

I figure the Spurs will start out well, but we'll see how they look when the playoffs come...this can be a deja vu of last year.

Stephen A called out Shaq. Talk better so people can hear you lol.

Top Bottom