• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Jane

Smash Hero
What did he do? I missed most of the game.
KG didnt get called for a foul so he stormed to the other side of the court raging pretty hard, then proceeded to get a quick two technicals and ejected from the game. crowd was cheering so hard lmao.

edit- and just as i type this up spo gets ejected for raging lmaooo

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, this has been an interesting OT game. LeBron missing some key free throws in regulation that could have iced it. Chalmers acting like a *****. Clippers looked impressive.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
this heat/clippers game has really gotten good
d jordan has really been hurting them with the block
chris paul has really put the team on his back offensively and blake has been so absent all game (aside from the slips forgot he was playing

and lmao erik spolstra just got the same fate as rick carilse

lebron had a alright game but wade missed alot of key shots
first time in a while lebron has been in foul trouble

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
How many games to the Heat have to give away like this? I thought after the plethora of absolute meltdowns last year (especially in the Finals) this team would finally get their **** together, but apparently not.

At this point I don't care if the Heat lose as many as 10 games in a row... Hell I hope they keep losing until they finally understand the meaning of "mental toughness." This team is far too talented to keep losing like this.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lakers' bench scores 4 points and they win over the Cavs courtesy of Kobe's 42, Bynum's 15-10, Gasol's 19-10, Fisher's 10 assists, and Barnes 15 points.

Basically, the starters beasted out. World Peace and Walton didn't play for the Lakers.

MEANWHILE. Miami lost its third straight.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
MEANWHILE. Miami lost its third straight.
Thanks for the update...

Saw this loss coming Miami just can't win in Denver. The worst part was Wade apparently just suffered "the worst ankle sprain in his life" so I expect him to be gone for at least a month.

In the span of 3 games the Heat went from having the best chance in the East for the #1 seed to "lets just hope we can remain the #2 seed like last year."

theeboredone

Smash Legend
How lame would it be if a team like the 76ers end up with the 2nd seed lol.

So some trash talk I've started hearing around the neighborhood about the Heat...

You can't spell HEART without the R.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
damn lol
i was getting bored and started playing KOF 13
but damn this is like a college game
but worse
but alas dallas and the lakers arent exactly the most electrifying teams to watch in the first place
aside from kobe lighting it up (well not so much today i guess
their team is boring
dallas too

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Fisher doing what he does best. I swear, just play him only in the fourth.

LOL! Shaq thought Toronto was a country. I died.

Barkley: Earnie, the Wizards are the worst team in the NBA.
EJ: The record would never have indicated that.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Eh, LA always sucks against LBJ. Kobe is 2-9 against him. One of those games being when Kobe left the game in the first half. Don't see anything different happening.\

It's so depressing to see Bynum get the Shaq treatment.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Kobe and LeBron aren't doing much of anything so far. Kinda disappointing tbh.

Hopefully things spice up in the 2nd half.

EDIT: Nevermind LeBron showed up there in end.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh hey look, I'm right on another Kobe vs LBJ prediction. I don't know why, but Kobe's team always loses to LBJ's. Doesn't matter if Kobe is hot, cold, not taking shots, taking shots...just one of those things.

It's like asking LA to beat the Bobcats. Not gonna happen.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
LOVE beating the Knicks and watching their fans squirm. :cool:

Scrubs connect a bunch of lucky *** 3's and still manage to lose by 10.

Chicago is next on Sunday! :mad:

tko112

Smash Lord
starting today, Lakers play 8 of their next 9 games on the road

given their current road record this season, I'm gonna give them a benefit of a doubt and say they go 4-4 on their road games

Linguini

Smash Master
pretty happy with the heat's performance last night albeit it was against the knicks stagnant offense and general disorientation. wade was looking ridic!

besides the heat the only other team i'm really behind are the timberwolves. the love-rubio teamwork is ridiculous and rubio is def one of my favorite players to watch

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm telling you, superstars just play well against the Knicks. Especially in MSG. Lakers road and offensive woes continue. Seriously, someone outside the Big 3 needs to step up =/

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Spurs coming back after a big Mavs lead. Not surprised given it happens so often between the two teams. Game 7 of the West Semis in 2006 being the pinnacle of that.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My man Wade just can't perform well against the Bulls anymore for some reason. I don't know if it's a mental thing or if the Bulls purposely shut him down as part of their game plan.

I mean I'm still happy that the Heat got the W of course but the game was a little too close for comfort. The Bulls are one scrappy *** team. :\

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, Celtics seem to always lose to the Cavs when I check the score. Last year, they beat Heat opening night, then flew to Cleveland and lose.

Top Bottom