• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Given the fact Nate Roberson did almost the same thing to Dwight in the dunk contest, it doesn't come off that impressive when it's vice versa.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He's still just 5'9 jumping over a 6'11 guy. Even though he didn't completely hop over him like LBJ did to Lucas, that's essentially him jumping 14 inches just to get over him, and then having to dunk it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
LeBron has overall had better dunks than the one he pulled on the Bulls player. The one I'll always remember is his against 3 Celtics.

Jane

Smash Hero
........dude

**** the LBJ dunk, did you guys see blake griffin dunk on kendrick perkins? my god that was disgusting. kendrick perkins probably had to go sulk in a hot bath after that one.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
LOL for a moment, I thought he threw the ball in just like last year. I was about to say, Blake Griffin, master of throwing dunks.

But yeah, that was just sick. Much better than jumping over a 5'10 guy.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Kinda funny how most people did feel that LeBron's dunk was indeed the best of the season so far.

Then Blake Griffin comes outta nowhere and is like "aww **** that ****."

Jane

Smash Hero
CP3 went hard as **** in the 4th holy ****. Its funny cuz that's their gameplan too. So glad I got to watch the rerun.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
After last night I have come to the conclusion that if the Heat somehow run into the Bucks in the 1st round, the Bucks will win in 5. That team has the Heat's number. LeBron drops 40, they don't have Bogut playing the entire game, and the Heat STILL find a way to lose to them.

If it weren't for the ****ing Bucks the Heat would be on a 10 game winning streak right now... screw you Milwaukee... screw you. :(

tko112

Smash Lord
so, they just revealed the Starters for the 2012 All-Star Game

and the West nearly went all-L.A., expect for Durant

and the East starters are interesting to say the least

thoughts on the starters anyone?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Here's what mine would have looked like.

West: CP3, Kobe, Durant, Love/Aldridge, Bynum.
East: Kyrie Irving/Rondo, Rose, LeBron, Bosh, Howard.

And yes, Wade has been injured, and his value has been lowered due to the arrival of Bosh and the fact they were playing so well without him. He might be more impactful in the playoffs, but not now.

Kyrie Irving has the Cavs contending for the playoffs, while also posting healthy numbers. He's averaging 18-5-3 in 29 minutes per game. I'd make him the floor general while having Rose run the floor. However, if you just wanna go by position, then Wade has no competition literally. But that also means Melo shouldn't be there either.

Bosh over Melo. Melo has been hurt and the Knicks just suck. Bosh has stepped up big time this season.

All-Star voting is a popularity contest anyways. It's why Blake, Wade, and Melo made it. I would also consider giving the center spot to Marc Gasol, but there's not much debate for the best West center.

tko112

Smash Lord
I would say that the players who you wanted to start may get the nod as reserves, Irving though could be a long shot, but since Blake got the nod in his "rookie" year (I put quotes on rookie cuz last year was technically his 2nd year), you never know

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Starters are a joke anyways. Disgusting how Shaq, Iverson, and T-Mac were making the list for a few years. Amazes me how many people are that dense.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Did anyone watch the Lakers and Denver game? The officiating was SO BAD. The last 3 minutes, 3 deflected balls that went in Denver's favor when it clearly should not. Gasol got mauled three straight times in one possession and no foul. Bynum had an open dunk and got hit in the forearm and no call. Lakers STILL win.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sixers last night... Just bleh. I didn't think they'd win, but I thought it would be a little closer than 20 points. Oh well, at least the first 3 quarters were competitive.
The Heat really took their defense to a different level there in the 4th when they finally unveiled their "secret weapon" lineup which consists of Wade/Miller/LeBron/Haslem/Bosh.That lineup outscored the 76'ers 15-0 in the 4th. :crazy: If I remember correctly that lineup hasn't been used since the Bulls series last season.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Sixers last night... Just bleh. I didn't think they'd win, but I thought it would be a little closer than 20 points. Oh well, at least the first 3 quarters were competitive.
sixers can't beat the heat. period. they just can't. the one game they won had to come down to lou hitting a deep 3 at the buzzer. they don't match up against that team at all. the ONLY thing that gives me hope is that we've never played the heat with both vucevic and hawes in the game. i wanna see that.

as far as the sixers in general though, i'm sick of people saying we've never beaten anybody good. we beat atlanta twice now, destroyed chicago, out D'd orlando, and made indiana look like an average team.

the sixers are legit. they will never beat the heat, we're going to have to hope for an upset in the first round to knock the heat out if we wanna make it to the finals, but i think we can matchup and take a series with just about any other team in the league right now b/c of our depth.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pacers, 76'ers, and the Nuggets are all going to be pain in the ***** to go up against in the playoffs for any team. None of them will be easy outs.

I can also see New York finally get their **** together towards the end of the season, nabbing the 7th/8th seed, and giving Chicago/Miami one hell of a first round series.

The potential for upsets this season are limitless, especially in the West IMO. Right now I'm most interested in the Clippers. If CP3 can give the Lakers a run for their money with the terrible cast he had in New Orleans, then it will be interesting to see how far he can go with this recently upgraded Clippers squad. A Lakers/Clippers first round series would be EPIC! :D

EDIT: Right now I'm just hoping the Bucks don't make the playoffs. :c

Jane

Smash Hero
^i disagree. i'm kinda annoyed at the fact that (i feel) the heat are going to cruise right into the finals, only thorn in their side being the bulls. meanwhile the west is going to be ****ing epic, where nothing is guaranteed for anyone.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't think the Heat will cruise to the Finals as easily as some people think. 76'ers and the Pacers are both better than last year, Chicago will put up a good fight just like they did last year, Boston (might) have a little left in the tank, and New York still has enough time to incorporate an actual PG into their system (in the form of Baron Davis) and be a tough out for any team based on the amount of talent they have alone.

People are quick to forget that NY gave Boston a good run for their money last season despite getting swept. They could have easily won the first 2 games of the series and changed the dynamic of the rest of it. First game was within 2 points and the second was a mere 3 points. If NY starts to finally click towards the end of the season they will be a tough out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You should know teams like the 76ers and Pacers won't do much. You need a superstar player or a clutch player in the playoffs. Neither team has that.

Also, Lakers are starting to piss me off. The whole second half, Phili was double teaming Kobe and no one can make a shot to save their life. They can't close games because of this. Same thing happened vs the Jazz.

In other words, Mike Brown is derping on how to figure out double teams on Kobe. And the Lakers need a third 3 point shooter to be on the floor. Kobe passes out of double to Goudelock. He swings to Murphy. Murphy swings to Barnes. Barnes fails at taking 3's, but he's the open guy. It's either him or World Peace. Both suck.

Top Bottom