• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Including Vietnam)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
For a person that "spams" alot in this topic you certainly don't play as much :p (Just checked out your stats.)

Here is mine with 29 platinum stars. http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/JDMYoshioka

If anybody here plays on the PS3 and is looking for more people to play with come join our casual clan. No tryouts needed just join and have fun: http://sofa.informe.com/forum
Got bored of the game. I need need to rank up to I think level 21 to get that online achievement. My brother wants to get Vietnam but I don't think I have enough space on my 360 HDD. (3.5 GB remaining atm)

EDIT: Bad Company 2 Vietnam video reveals weapons, vehicles

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/29/bad-company-2-vietnam-video-reveals-weapons-vehicles/

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam strikes Dec. 21, VIP Map Pack 7 Dec. 1

Sources: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/30/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-strikes-dec-21-vip-map-pack/

http://kotaku.com/5702551/battlefield-bad-company-2-goes-to-vietnam-for-christmas

Looking forward to the old BF:BC1 maps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHApkRoK_Ls&feature=player_embedded

EDIT:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam includes unlockable team challenge map

http://kotaku.com/5704909/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-getting-bonus-map-operation-hastings
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/03/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-includes-unlockable-team-chal/

In keeping more with the spirit of cooperation in the game, the map will unlock once the community accomplishes 69 million team actions.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
My brother tried to download the patch on his PS3 and it said it would take 7 hours.
Question: Why 69 Million? I realize it is immature but it is just a fact of life that 69 carries a sexual connotation.
Also, F8AL, I'm starting it back up so we need to play some time.
Rush.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
My brother tried to download the patch on his PS3 and it said it would take 7 hours.
Question: Why 69 Million? I realize it is immature but it is just a fact of life that 69 carries a sexual connotation.
Also, F8AL, I'm starting it back up so we need to play some time.
Rush.
7 hours? Really? The "BFBC2 Vietnam Multiplayer Update" (aka Map Pack 7) only took me about 15 minutes to download. (1.64 GB)

People have some issue with the number "69".

Sure. I got over 14,000 points in a Rush game yesterday.

<3 defending.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I think my record for in game points is 13,000, but that's because I motion sensor spammed. I'd hang out in our base, next to an ammo kit that I had picked up and dropped.
They had a spawner hanging out in the building next to me, so I got waves and waves of kills and assists.
Thats the best I can do though ._.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think my record for in game points is 13,000, but that's because I motion sensor spammed. I'd hang out in our base, next to an ammo kit that I had picked up and dropped.
They had a spawner hanging out in the building next to me, so I got waves and waves of kills and assists.
Thats the best I can do though ._.
Nice! I was pretty impressed with myself achieving the high of a score.

I also got over 4,000 points adding up on my screen when you do stuff. (i.e. resupply, heal etc.)

It kept going up for like 5 minutes lol.

Want to play now?

And you have a mic now, right?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
My skill level got reset to 0 today. :O

I guess it's because of my level. (Currently level 23.)

It gave me some message which I skimmed but can't remember now.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Its a glitch.
It should reset sometime.
My wifi adapter was broken in the process of moving my xbox.
No battlefield until I get a new one.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Its a glitch.
It should reset sometime.
My wifi adapter was broken in the process of moving my xbox.
No battlefield until I get a new one.
Alright, thanks for letting me know about it.

Let me know when you get a new wifi adapter for your 360.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Same. I only play Rush in this game. I've only played Conquest once.
I played enough rounds to to win every game type for the pins, but generally I stick to rush.

Favorite classes? They all have their uses, but I rarely use recon as a sniper. I give it a auto shotty and use the motion mines to know the enemy position. I'm not sure if this is a common setup, but I wanted to unlock all of the weapons and only had recon left so I tried this out to level it up and decided I liked the way it actually worked. I run a pretty standard rest of the classes though.

JDM

Smash Champion
Not as good as regular version.

Bad maps is the main reason. (No red dot or acog might be a turn off if you suck) Also PBR glitchers under the map is always fun.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Not as good as regular version.

Bad maps is the main reason. (No red dot or acog might be a turn off if you suck) Also PBR glitchers under the map is always fun.
So this wasn't worth the 1,200 MS points? Or whatever PS currency there is.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I need BF:BC2 game disc to play BC:Vietnam, yesh?

Might, MIGHT pick it back up. I dunno.
Yes, that is correct. You can only access the Vietnam expansion pack in the BF:BC2 main menu.

I still enjoy playing Rush every now and then. Too bad most of the time, randoms suck and don't do anything... :mad:

JDM

Smash Champion
Regular version is much better. I quit playing Nam until they patch the boat glitch and nerf the PPSh.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I still enjoy playing Rush every now and then. Too bad most of the time, randoms suck and don't do anything... :mad:
I still don't understand why people think camping with sniper rifles while on the attacking team is a good idea... They do realize the defending team has infinite respawns, right?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I still don't understand why people think camping with sniper rifles while on the attacking team is a good idea... They do realize the defending team has infinite respawns, right?
I've seen snipers try to do 720 degrees spinning around no scopes for their montages.

I blame the CoD games.

"Time to camp back at the spawn point!"

Darkslash

Smash Master
I'm defiantly digging Vietnam. It's less sniper friendly, and most snipers are easy targets for the M16.

Plus, the comic F8AL posted sums up most of my Rush experiences.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
While they do exist, no doubt, I rarely encounter a sniper on either team that pulls their own weight.

That thing about rush was hilarious.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Ok, so I've got a headset now and would like to play. I play on ps3. My names is: "Faithkeeper_" add me and we should get some games. But I don't have Vietnam. :/

Also, Idk if CoD improved my eye-hand coordination or something, but I played a couple games for the first time in a few weeks and got ace both games. There were a load of officers on the other team and like 3 on mine too. I won by over 1k I think in both games, and didn't use medic in either... it was weird, but I won't complain. I guess having to learn to out gun a grenade launcher makes you out-gun other guns pretty well...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I play engineer exclusively now because it's the last class which I don't have everything unlocked for/maxed out.

I want that UMP! :p

Top Bottom