• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #21: Wolf

Zync

Smash Journeyman
IMO wolf should be higher on the list too, but meh, i hope that never happens since it gives a lot more merit to play with a non-high tier, although id like more people tried to play with him, hes not exactly popular o.0

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
He's not exactly good either. =/
he da bess
The only major flaws I see is his recovery and the fact that getting CG'd equals Death.
People should give him a shot though.

<-Wolf noob here

Zync

Smash Journeyman
I have never understood why people complain about wolfs recovery, the diagonal trajectory and semiscarring, which works in any Stage including FD, makes your ledge game superb, while DIing up all your hits you wont need to recover much into the stage, Up B can be bad sometimes, but its just accuracy with your hands. Seeing this i dont understand why does he "has" a bad recovery.

And yes, wolf should get shot

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I've gotten quite better with his recovery over time. The scarring does help in the long run when your opponent least expects it. I never mastered it on FD though. At least Wolf goes at an angle. I just need more practice, I been putting Wolf off for awhile xP

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Its actually pretty easy xD, just press down anytime and you will go through the ledge, it works on every stage ive tried it, just dont do it too low on FD, or else you will go really down

D

Deleted member

I honestly believe people ***** and moan way to much about his recovery. Come on, guys...it's really not that bad...

And as for his up-B, I'd take it over Falco's crappy short one any day.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
I think the big issue of falco being high tier is his chaingrab vs like all the cast, he really sucks IMO, once he gets out of stage hes nearly dead, not to count the chaingrab marth can pull on him haha, kind of ironic

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Falco sucking? His jab alone shuts down a large portion of the cast's options, not to mention lasers, beastly aerials and some of the safest kill setups in the game.

His CG is not the only reason he's high tier. Not by a longshot.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Well im only concerned about my 2 characters, wolf and marth, wolf ***** falco without the chaingrab >.>, and marth just makes it the oposite way lol

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
The problem with wolf is once people learn to power shield your B-air then you're screwed.

I was playing to Seagull in friendlies and losing. I decided to start powershield and bam I started 2 to 3 stocking him.

this added with his horibble recover and kill moves that had a lotta lag (D-smash + F-smash) makes him pretty bad.

In my opinion though in the right hands any character can win. This game is mostly about reading your opponent which means if you're using Wolf you just have to be way smarter then your opponent to win.
Hey GIMR, did I change your mind at all about Wolf?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I was going to explain myself, but... yeah... you know... ANYWAYS, seems like a lot of characters in mid tier and below suffer from at least one of the following: weak shield game, weak approach, weak kill power.

Wolf has a fairly awesome shield/defensive game, not going to elaborate, forgive me. His approach is decent but his ability to force an approach is excellent (blaster + reflector), so I'd rank him above average in that category too, it's just that Wolf players tend to enjoy aggressive play :p His kill power is okay if the opponent has a good grip on their DI, but he has the benefit of multiple kill moves, some of which are very safe and others that work very well when punishing the opponent (one of Wolf's stronger suits).

:059:

Top Bottom