• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Alright fellas, well if you want to have a smashfest can we do it on Saturday afternoon->evening? I can't make it another time.

Metà

Smash Master
if people bring extra TV's we might be able to do it there

also I kind forgot that I have a show I have to play in that evening, so bleh. I'll leave my TV's at the venue lol

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
hey, so are we still doing the smashfest this saturday?? superboom is gonna be there along with alberta. i donno if carl will be there too. also since it's manli's last few days here we should play some last few friendlies with him before he leaves. we gotta finalize something. not just show up lol, manli might not even go then.

booshk

Smash Lord
booshk hold smash, I will come
Adam I'm free next tuesday lemme know.

Let us show them our might.
yo call me up man! i'll text you my number. come with ryan or something, haha .you're back now right?

Patooty

Smash Ace
yep I'm back now!
No phone though, i'll take texts through ryan haha

I'mma get my old number back soon though, i'll let you know.

booshk

Smash Lord
yep I'm back now!
No phone though, i'll take texts through ryan haha

I'mma get my old number back soon though, i'll let you know.
oh okay jus get the # from ryan! wanna smash on sunday for a bit? :p

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
disagree with some patootys way inactive meta would be great panelist sion ok though i havent seen him at any of bc smashfests and same as eric hes been inactive probably with his gf

booshk

Smash Lord
disagree with some patootys way inactive meta would be great panelist sion ok though i havent seen him at any of bc smashfests and same as eric hes been inactive probably with his gf
lol, tiep just came back, i don't think you can really judge his inactivity.
we all know how tiep's critical thinking is, if he makes an effort to be around more i'd definitely see him as a candidate.

okay, sion hasn't been at bc smashfests, but has he missed any tournaments? especially since observation of potential PR candidates there is more important?

sion is pretty much the sole high level representative of BC right now, one of the few logical thinkers here in our province, and the only(?) panelist at the moment. to not consider him would be incredibly dumb.

sion and manuel come to some agreement on the panelists, i guess?

and daze, since you live so close i wouldn't mind playing on the weekdays for an hour or two, like after 12:30ish :p
shoot me a text if you have time!

Violence

Smash Lord
Wait, don't you have to be ranked to be a panelist? Otherwise there's some conflict of interest, don't you think?

Or do you think Tiep is undoubtedly ranked?

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
His inactivity and from our fat jump in skill since his absence

i'd say he wouldn't be on our pr...but since manuel and tim are no longer on it he could very well be on it

of course this is assuming he's gotten rusty or everyone just ***** now

will find out this weekend I guess

ps.violence was ****** me last time we played
which was like
2 days ago

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
well seeing as how me/yakal/mike/violence/rusty/evan are like THE most active players right now, I feel at least a few of the panelists should be some of these people. I don't give a **** if I am or not. If I am, I'll do my job though. I'll actually give a ****.

EDIT: I agree panelists should all be ranked. I would make an exception for Tiep in this case though, agreeing with what booshk said about his way of thinking. It's usually very fair. However, Tiep would need time to catch up and see where everyones skill level is at before I would see him as being fit for panelist status.

As for the argument about sion, I don't think he cares enough about the game to be suitable for a panelist, but I could be wrong. :/

EDIT2: I was also gunna bring up that I was "accidentally" removed from being a panelist when Manuel made the new PR thread. I was initially going to create it but Manuel 'beat me to it' and "forgot" to include my name on the list of panelists. I told him I didn't care and to not bother adding me back on the list. However, some people might think of me as biased, I think everyone is biased to some degree. It makes the process of updating the list more effective I feel, if there is variety in opinion. I hope that made some sense...

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
lol, tiep just came back, i don't think you can really judge his inactivity.
we all know how tiep's critical thinking is, if he makes an effort to be around more i'd definitely see him as a candidate.

okay, sion hasn't been at bc smashfests, but has he missed any tournaments? especially since observation of potential PR candidates there is more important?

sion is pretty much the sole high level representative of BC right now, one of the few logical thinkers here in our province, and the only(?) panelist at the moment. to not consider him would be incredibly dumb.

sion and manuel come to some agreement on the panelists, i guess?

and daze, since you live so close i wouldn't mind playing on the weekdays for an hour or two, like after 12:30ish :p
shoot me a text if you have time!
why cant i judge tieps inactivity id agree with most things you say for now except sion bein the sole representative have you forgotten about meta

well seeing as how me/yakal/mike/violence/rusty/evan are like THE most active players right now, I feel at least a few of the panelists should be some of these people. I don't give a **** if I am or not. If I am, I'll do my job though. I'll actually give a ****.

EDIT: I agree panelists should all be ranked. I would make an exception for Tiep in this case though, agreeing with what booshk said about his way of thinking. It's usually very fair. However, Tiep would need time to catch up and see where everyones skill level is at before I would see him as being fit for panelist status.

As for the argument about sion, I don't think he cares enough about the game to be suitable for a panelist, but I could be wrong. :/
yea candidates should be logical welcoming fun loving social people that really really care about the game and really try to promote the game and get involved with the community as a whole someone that goes beyond the call of duty that distinguish themselves from other members of bc

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Hmm.

Yes, Tiep has not been to many tournaments recently. I suppose I was trying to think long-term. He will show up, and in my opinion he frequently offers very good reasons for believing what he does (even when he disagrees with me and is therefore wrong ;P). I don't see why a player needs to be ranked in order to be a panelist... is it because you think that s/he would try to leg-up themselves onto the ranking? I don't think this will be a problem here. In any case, there would be 3 other panelists to prevent that from happening.

Sion: comes to tournaments, which is what matters. Though in my humble opinion he would do well to talk more on swf and come to smashfests!

Meta: I think we have consensus about him.

Eric: I can't say much about him. Not sure how much he's coming out or whether he plans on coming to tournaments, but I certainly hope so. He's a stronghold in our community and one of our very finest.

I also wouldn't mind giving my two cents based on videos, but of course that's limited.

Top Bottom