• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bdacus: Tutorials/visual cues/in-game applications.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Whenever you guys feel this is polished to your satisfaction PM me so I can add this to the Falco guide sticky thing.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Oops, maybe this post should have gone here.
Just to clear some things up, I've been doing the BDACUS before I even knew it was considered different from a DACUS... Around the time Diddy's BDACUS was discovered it became coined that Falco also one. But guess what?
THE BDACUS DOES NOT HAVE TO BUFFERED THROUGH AN ATTACK OR SPOTDODGE AT ALL.
It can be buffered through Falco's startup dash animation, and the inputs shown here seem WAY harder than how I do it. Try this:
1. Flick control stick forward.
2. As soon as Falco's dash animation starts, flick the control stick forward again and simultaneously DACUS. The only difficulty in it is in the timing.

Heres some effective BDACUS setups:
1. Double short hop fasftall>laser>bdacus
2. IAP>bdacus (Extremely effective if opponent is airborne bc IAP hits them into the ground)
3. Of course the dthrow BDACUS.
4. dthrow (waits for opponent to airdodge)...BDACUS
5. At lower pecentages, bair>BDACUS chains well if they're not expecting it.

Furthermore, it is not so much the BDACUS that will boost Falco's metagame, but the BUFFERING ASPECT. His dacus, his dair, his boost pivot grab, and especially his dthrow buffer extremely well. Here's a clip of me using BDACUS and other buffered moves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLeWnq70_kA

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dash startup is 2 or 3 frames, iirc. That's like buffering it out of a normal landing or silent laser, impossible.

I had the shielddrop dacus like once in 3 mins of trying when it was first mentioned by tommy_G. remember to wait a bit before dropping your shield because else it falls way to fast.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Dash startup is 2 or 3 frames, iirc. That's like buffering it out of a normal landing or silent laser, impossible.

I had the shielddrop dacus like once in 3 mins of trying when it was first mentioned by tommy_G. remember to wait a bit before dropping your shield because else it falls way to fast.
You need to start the input for the BDACUS the millisecond you drop the shield. I believe shield drop is 6 frames.

I do control stick forward, Cstick down, Cstick up. It feels a lot more natural than Cstick up twice.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
Finally got my wii back, and it's Summer. :]

Been messing around with Falco.
Bdacus seems fairly easy now with a lot of practice.

For those who asked about doing a bdacus from an empty landing, it's possible but it has no real use.
What you can also do is fail the laser in the shl and immediately cancel into a dash attack or bdacus, making it seem as if you bdacus'd out of a normal hop.
More effective to actually execute a perfect shdl/silent laser and bdacus, but the timing is a lot harder.

Edit: As for the person who claimed bdacus doesn't need to be buffered, that's called a dacus and has been known since forever.

Edit2: For those of you learning bdacus from scratch without knowing how to buffer in the first place, practice buffering a dash attack first instead of fully canceling it. It saves so much strain on your hands while still having the same timing as a bdacus.

Edit3: For shdl, it's not necessarily immediately after you press the second b. The c-stick input should be done immediately as falco touches the ground.

Edit4: Airdodge can be canceled into a bdacus. Timing for this is start inputting while falco starts spinning in air. It's also same timing as when you'd press b for silent laser.

Edit5: z-drop can be canceled into bdacus with the item still in hand.

Edit6: out of perfect shield is when falco's beak sticks out, you start inputting dash command.

Edit7: Something weird I found was that all the short hop aerials that cancel (including the sh air dodge): the bdacus can be performed both by hitting c stick up twice or hitting c-stick down then c stick up.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
well after switching to the classic controller pro i can bdacus pretty much everything so make request and i can post a vid for ur move i hav dair spike on stage to bdacus its legit it really works in a clutch match and unexpected.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
yeah, retreating sh dair to bdacus is amazing, cause people will often try to rush in and punish. and if you land bair with hitting them forward, then bdacus, it seems to combo at mid percents (70-80ish).

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Nair combos into Bdacus if the last hit of the nair comes out right before you hit the floor. It works in training mode too.

Saltix

Smash Lord
You need to start the input for the BDACUS the millisecond you drop the shield. I believe shield drop is 6 frames.

I do control stick forward, Cstick down, Cstick up. It feels a lot more natural than Cstick up twice.
You're right it does feel just a bit more natural. One thing I need help with though is the timing;

If Dash attack is coming out, does that mean I'm going too slow?
And what if I'm getting a shorter distance?

Denzi

Smash Master
You're right it does feel just a bit more natural. One thing I need help with though is the timing;

If Dash attack is coming out, does that mean I'm going too slow?
And what if I'm getting a shorter distance?

While practicing BDACUS, if you...

UpSmash - You are performing the Dash, and probably the first C-stick, too soon or too close together.

Sliding UpSmash, but not very far - You have the motions perfectly, but are not inputting them fast enough.

Dash Attack - You have the motions properly but are not inputting them NEARLY fast enough. Specifically,
the second C-Stick is coming out too late to cancel the Dash Attack.
That's basically it.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I will try this with forward+c-down > c-up. I've been using forward+c-down > up+z like I do for normal dacus, but maybe it will be easier with two c-stick motions.

Also, Denzi, by "not inputting them fast enough" do you mean, "not inputting them soon enough"?

I would think that if you input them too fast, it would do the wrong thing. I have no clue, just trying to get clarification.

Denzi

Smash Master
Also, Denzi, by "not inputting them fast enough" do you mean, "not inputting them soon enough"?

I would think that if you input them too fast, it would do the wrong thing. I have no clue, just trying to get clarification.

That's probably what I mean. I was just quoting part of a pure_awesome post.

M@v

Subarashii!
Heres another troubleshooting tip with this, because this has been a problem I've been having;

If you input, and you dash attack, but you know you hit the c stick twice, your probably not letting the cstick reset to neutral. If it doesnt center itself, the second cstick input wont register. I've been solving this by practing flicking the cstick quickly instead of pushing it.

What I hate is after practicing this for a bit my thumb starts locking up and it drives me crazy. I have no idea why either.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Heres another troubleshooting tip with this, because this has been a problem I've been having;

If you input, and you dash attack, but you know you hit the c stick twice, your probably not letting the cstick reset to neutral. If it doesnt center itself, the second cstick input wont register. I've been solving this by practing flicking the cstick quickly instead of pushing it.

What I hate is after practicing this for a bit my thumb starts locking up and it drives me crazy. I have no idea why either.
I've had that isssue as well. Awesome guide M@v, this rocks!
Like Tommy said I've been trying down up on the C-stick to make sure both register.

No pain no gain amirite?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
c-up > c-up is definitely the easiest way. I've gotten it to work with c-down > c-up, but it's a lot harder. I guess because of the extra distance to move the stick.

Also, yeah, what M@V said about letting the stick return to neutral.

I'm actually starting to get semi-consistent with this. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be solid.

Notra

Smash Ace
can someone test the percents to kill from dthrow or connect best on each or at least high tier chars. all i know is snake and meta....i know someone has already done this

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
Against someone with good DI..its amazingly hard to land the bdacus from Dthrow imo

edit: i just use regular dacus input to bdacus.. CDown for dash + upA for upsmash

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
Against someone with good DI..its amazingly hard to land the bdacus from Dthrow imo

edit: i just use regular dacus input to bdacus.. CDown for dash + upA for upsmash
Not really.... it is just gessing which direction they are going to DI. If you think they are going to down, do a bdacus. If you think they are going to DI up, do whatever you want to punish.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've been practicing all day today, and i've done it about 3 times...
Can someone give me a step-by-step button input? Buffering this stuff is really tight >.<

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
You first buffer a dash attack with dash + c-up out of anything, then you let go the control stick to neutral position and then immidiately c-up again. All of that has to be done within 10 frames.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'm trying the flick control stick -> cstick down -> cstick up method and getting alot of buffered hyphen smashes, what am I doing wrong?

And does everyone use the double tap cstick up method? I havent figured out which method is easier yet.

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
Omg, BDACUS'd for my first time ever out of spotdodge.

Don't care how easy it is, this is a hype moment for me, lol. Dthrow is next.

Anyone know about Ftilt? I think that'd be kinda nice to add. Might get some real nice BDACUS kills off it.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Does this have a certain timing to it, or am I just buffering it wrong? I do it about 50% of the time from a D throw. Like... Diddy's you hit C stick up quickly twice, for Falco's and other characters is there a slight delay between hitting C sitck up the second time? Is the cancel pretty much the same timing as a regular DACUS once you've initiated the DA or is it just immediately canceling it?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol Cloud bdacus is anything but easy.

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I meant for spotdodging. Its the easiest to do, but I guess that doesn't mean its easy in general.

I keep dashing out of Dthrow+SHDL. Such frustration. =\

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
might be picking up falco. i guess i will try this technique out tomorrow.
If you don't have all the basics and other Falco techniques down, I wouldn't suggest jumping into trying to learn this.

It might put you off early if you're struggling whereas if you're a lot more comfortable with how Falco works, you'll master this much better.

I say this because you'll be able to judge the timing for the move much better off of Falco's cooldown animations.

Course if you're comfortable with everything else Falco can do then by all means go ahead, just trying to give a heads up "don't run before you can walk" sort of advice thing.

And yo Swordsaint new Falcos are a good thing, if they pick him up because of Larry's win that shows he's inspired people to do so, which is great. It's whether they stick or jump ship that's the main issue. :D

swordsaint

Smash Master
I didn't mean to imply it was bad! Of course it's a good thing. <3

And I indeed agree with you. Understanding the character is something that is 100x more important than being abled in his 'techniques'.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
well i played falco and mk alot in 08 early 09, then dropped falco for snake, then just went full mk. i know some of the basics, though i have not laser gamed in a while so i need to refresh on that

and yea, seeing larry put in work kinda got me interested in this bird again :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So is there a trick to Bdacusing out of SHDL? I'm having a lot of trouble with it. I can Bdacus out of almost everything else(except airdodge :/). I can even Bdacus out of shielddrop about 90% of the time. For the shielddrop I use Cstick down then up, for everything else I flick it up twice(for some reason doing down and up out of a shield drop works a lot better for me). Tips?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You have to input the commands for BDACUS immediately after you press B, not after the laser come out. A good mindset is to think when you jump that you are going to input SHDLBDACUS rather than doing SHDL then thinking youll do the BDACUS.

so you should be pressing B B forward cstick-down or up cstick-up sequentially and quickly.

Top Bottom