• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bdacus: Tutorials/visual cues/in-game applications.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hmm ok.

For some reason I can Bdacus out of a shielddrop more consistently than anything else >_>. Somethings wrong with me lol.

swordsaint

Smash Master
clearly :p

thats probably the only one I can't do haha

but everyone picks them up at different rates

btw hylian - what he means is, if you press b more than twice, you've probably missed your chance to bdacus, so dont expect to be able to mash the lasers to come out then bdacus when you see or 'feel' your second laser happening.

simply just press b twice, then as soon as your at or just above your second lasers height, immediately after pressing the second b, do your bdacus input.

now that I think about, the shdl > bdacus is kind of a '1, 2, 3'. that's what the timing feels like to me anyway. 1 laser 2 laser 3 bdacus.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok. Well I just practiced it a bunch and couldn't get it once but got all other forms of bdacusing down consistently save airdodge to bdacus. Bleh. I feel like once I do it once I will be able to do it >_>.

For the shielddrop one it's really simple. Just mash buttons as fast as possible basically lol. Let go of your shield and in that same motion hit controlstick forward and cstick down. Then hit cstick up as fast as possible. You don't really need to time it as much like the other ones you can just do everything at once and it works. It seems like I'm pressing forward and cstick down at the same time when I shield drop, even though that doesn't work for any other form of the bdacus.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
What I meant is not to think of SHDL and BDACUS as seperate "combos" when you do them. But rather a single tech/combo (SHDLBDACUS). Because with the 1st method your brain will automatically make you pause for a lil bit after SHDL before transisting to BDACUS mode. You should first practice the button sequence 1st, and looking at your controller too, so you can imprint SHDLBDACUS into your brain.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What I meant is not to think of SHDL and BDACUS as seperate "combos" when you do them.
Best advice ever.

When you think of it as just a single sequence it flows much more naturally, and you'll get the hang of it.

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
From how i've done it, you have to input the bdacus before you land. Good to know as a mental note.

Santa_Clauz

Smash Rookie
Didn't read all the previous posts, but I saw a couple people mentioning buffering an instant DA with Cstick down instead of up, does this make it easier.

Edit: After a little while, I got it and it seems easier with the C-stick down method, but it's personal preference really I guess. Also, while experimenting with the C-stick Down>up, I may have accidentally buffered a Gatling combo, of did I just Usmash too late?

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
Seems like there was too much time between your cdown and cup inputs. I think people say cdown -> Cup works easier on SHDLbdacus because its easier for ur thumb to go from B to mash the cstick down than rather to pull it back up twice..

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I was doing the c-stick down method, but i find that alot of time my thumb hits B by mistake and I phantasm. This never happens with double c-stick up method.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Learn it out of every situation because it never hurts to be prepared.

Imo

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I think spawning to ffad to bdacus could be a good surprise tactic to get a revenge kill. And if you miss theres the invincibility frames to cover you.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ill try my hardest to get this and the tourney thread up to date this week. Im most likely going to be on the PA rankings panel this season, so its going to consume a lot of time.

Denzi

Smash Master
So I can do this out of spotdodge/dthrow/etc like 2% of the time, but I probably get it out of SHDL almost 55% or so of the time (huge difference). Can anyone think of any reasons for that?

Denzi

Smash Master
But my only problem with the other ones is that I'm not inputting the 2nd usmash fast enough (the majority of the time I get a regular DACUS).

I don't see why that'd be different for SHDL->BDACUS.

pulse131

Smash Ace
tire or naner toss into bdacus o.o
with the nana's it barely matters unless it banana passes through a spotdodge or something. cuz if they slip then a running usmash or basic dacus works just fine.
tires seem moar legit tho cuz, well there tiers if your reeeeeeeeely good couldnt you toss the tire>into bdacus, catching the tire again with the dash atk that was canceled :p

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
has anyone researched easier ways to do this ? or different controls to do it ? I'm having alot of trouble..

Choice

Smash Champion
you're probably having issues with knowing when to buffer so start out with making sure that your forward + c-stick up = dash attack and you're familiar with the buffering window.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
@ Panic- The BDACUS takes time to perfect, but once you have the timings in your muscle memory, it will be much easier. And IMO, SHDL>BDACUS really isnt that hard. Just short hop, and at the exact peak of Falco's jump laser twice>forward + Cup> (let go of control stick) Cup. It's the Dthrow>BDACUS that I'm still not as consistent with.
@ Swordsaint- I know this reply is kind of old but Falco actually can run, turn around and BDACUS. I can even short hop b reversal double lasers>BDACUS.

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
Is there a better visual cue for the SHL or SHDL to bdacus? These seem hardest to me. I can pull off spot dodge to bdacus almost flawlessly and air dodge/up air sparingly. Dthrow is alto at a 40%ish ration, but if I get one of a laser I hype myself and can't do it again :/.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
@ Swordsaint- I know this reply is kind of old but Falco actually can run, turn around and BDACUS

No, that's not possible. You can't buffer a dash attack out of the turn around animation.
The empty sh to BDacus that was mentioned a while back also doesn't work.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
My bad BluB, I read the question wrong. I thought it was asked if we could JUMP turn around and BDACUS. I know its at least possible with shdl b reversal.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
if you want to jump and BDACUS you have to do it out of an air dodge.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Not even bdacus but when I try to buffer a dash attack, I get a slight running upsmash. What am I doing wrong?
Sounds like you're pressing up instead of down.
But don't listen to me, I don't even know how to perform BDACUS.

Top Bottom