• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best and Worst Projectiles?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
...Din's fire worst???!!!1 It may not be number 1, but it is one of the strongest projectiles, is relatively quick and can kill.
Don't forget, it can't really be reflected.

I'd say lucario's is pretty good, but falco for best, pit following closely behind. Worst would be diddy pop gun, lucario sideB (flame part, not grab), or maybe nikita (off the edge is it's only use, and it seems to be dwarfed by charged mortar).

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Best: bananas
Worst: G&W

Honorable mentions: snake's nades, falco's laser, bowser's flamethrower, mario's fireballs, yoshi's eggs

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You've all noticed the OP is now banned, right?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
+1 Vote for: Toon Link's Toon Bombs!

Extremely versatile and awesome animation.
Able to be pulled out in the air and ground. (Unlike Peach)
Plenty of mindgames and Bomb Tricks =D

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Worst; Toon Links Boomerang...
What the...

-Has a large hitbox for a projectile and able to do 11% damage.
-Hits on the way back dealing 3% and if you've been grabbed it breaks the grab, freeing you.
-If it hits on the way back , it causes stun, perfect for a Fsmash, Usmash or anything really.
-The boomerang isn't slow but also isn't fast, making it good for the aid of gimping and hitting spotdodgers.
-Can be thrown at a 45 degree angle, up or down (bounces off of stage if thrown down and can go through platforms and such.)

There's probably more that haven't come to mind.

Don't take this the wrong way but yea, this rubbed me the wrong way. :p

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
G&W bacon, fish, and sausage are the best, because nothing is more satisfying than Bacon.

My least favorite would be Bowser's flamethrower, despite being better than Melee's it still has too slow a startup time and too little range.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Worsts: Turnips, Samus Bomb (combat-wise), Wariobike Tires (horrible flinch and awful knockback with low damage and can be thrown back at you)

Bests: Link/Toon Link Bombs, Din's ph1r3, ROB's Gyro

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Best;Link/Tlink bombs, is for DAC combo rolf.
Worst:Fox blaster, seriously is anyone gonna stand there and let you shoot them?

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I always thought G&W's Cook was good for annoying people on the edge and hindering approaches...

And I thought it was pancakes and sausages and stuff. Is it really bacon?

Slasherx

Smash Ace
I always thought G&W's Cook was good for annoying people on the edge and hindering approaches...

And I thought it was pancakes and sausages and stuff. Is it really bacon?
And it's 2D bacon...
G&W also have one of the best I think.

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
Best: R.O.B.'s laser
Worst: Mario's fireball or Snake's homing missile

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
Snake's nades for best proyectile, easily.
G&W bacon for worst (Is that even a proyectile?) haha

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I don't know why they would give Falco unlimited range for his blaster if they limited the range of everyone else's, even Fox's unflinching lasers got a range nerf, and even the mighty Charge Shot got range nerfed.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You people know nothing.

Turnips, worthless? lolololol

Best: Pikmin
Worst: Sonic's Spring

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
People who rate Peach Turnips the worst know nothing of her and her turnips to begin with. I like for someone to sit here and tell me that Mario's fire balls or IC Icicles are better than Peach's turnips.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
People who rate Peach Turnips the worst know nothing of her and her turnips to begin with. I like for someone to sit here and tell me that Mario's fire balls or IC Icicles are better than Peach's turnips.
Sheik's needles should be up there. But never underestimate Peach's ability to pull out bombombs. xD

I concur... The worst is the spring. Or G&W's bacon.

DylantheNinja

Smash Cadet
Tough decision, but I have to say that DDD's waddle dees and doos and the gordos are the bomb. Falco's lasers, snake's stuff, and zelda's fireballs get kid's gameshow consolation prizes, like a metal detector with teenage mutant ninja turtles on it.

Worst projectile would have to be the gale boomerang. It does little damage going out, and anyone with brains will dodge it, charge a smash, and wait for the boomerang t come back. . .

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Worst projectile is NOT the gale boomerang. It's one of the best. The point isn't to do damage, it's to sweep your opponent in or push them out. The worst isn't the spring either. It is used just like the Falcon kick to gimp those with bad recoveries. Bacon does that job much worse than the spring.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Anyone who says turnips are the worst are idiots. Turnips are IMO the second best projectile in the game after bananas.

Usage:
- 3 frame OOS makes it the ultimate defensive move if you shield an attack while holding one.

- 3 frame throw means you can momentum cancel better while holding one

- Glide toss increases your ability to space

- Throwing turnips up can protect you from grab combos from, say, Ice Climbers

- Added hitstun from turnips can work into combos, interrupt enemy attacks

- Frame traps- force your opponent to dodge/catch a turnip while throwing an attack out behind the turnip . They can't avoid both.

BEST: Bananas, then Turnips; very close actually, because turnips can be used defensively far better than bananas since you pull them on the spot.

WORST: Bacon

Top Bottom