• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Matches of All Time

D

Deleted member

Jockmaster

Smash Ace

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
No one will believe me, but I actually enjoyed Pound 4 GFs. Puff dittos are mad interesting to me for some reason.
Some people really like the constant spacing battle where hitbox/combo knowledge and maximizing the usefulness of puff's aerial mobility are very important. I liked the set a lot myself.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Am I the only one to think that Javi vs. PP is one of the best sets of all time?
In short, yes.

Sure it was hype, but that was really no accurate representation of their skills. I don't mean to john, I'm sure every bit of footage on youtube of these players is 100% sandbagging except for that one set was the only time they actually tried and played well.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
h4yl vs penguin patrol from FCD crews was my favorite match for a long time when i first started playing, and it will forever have a special place in my heart

axe vs jman from apex 2010

wobbles vs dashizwiz from apex 2010

dr. peepee vs jman from rom2

taj vs mango WB from G2

dr. peepee vs armada, almost every single time they play

mango vs armada from genesis 1 (especially if you were there)

Armada

Smash Lord
In short, yes.

Sure it was hype, but that was really no accurate representation of their skills. I don't mean to john, I'm sure every bit of footage on youtube of these players is 100% sandbagging except for that one set was the only time they actually tried and played well.
You cheer for PP right?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
If you think that one javi vs pp set was an accurate example of what would typically happen when they meet in bracket, that's on you lol.
regardless of whether this is true-- if the hype is there and the level of play is of high enough caliber then the outcome of the match doesn't, or maybe i should say shouldn't, matter

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Javi vs PP is defs one of my favorite matches of all time. Axe has acouple really good matches vs Jman that I love to watch. Mango vs Taj in LF of Gen 2 was amazing. I also loved grandfinals of that tourni Mango vs Armada. Armada vs M2K at pound 4 was amazing. Also M2K vs Mango at ROM, so cool.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
regardless of whether this is true-- if the hype is there and the level of play is of high enough caliber then the outcome of the match doesn't, or maybe i should say shouldn't, matter
Of course, but I just don't think it would be in the running for best of all time when one player obviously chokes. I consider the GF from smasher's reunion better sets than the set from WF, also...

Close sets >>> watching someone get *****, IMO

Armada

Smash Lord
Ace: Just fun that one player obviously chokes because he lose to a player that people have not heard/know much about. I think PP is a better player overall but Javi is a beast and he knows the MU for sure so I would not be that surprised if he beat PP again to be honest.

GFs from Smashers Reunion was far away from beeing one of the best sets ever (if you tried to imply that I don't know tbh). Maybe more fun to watch ONLY because it was more close but the game play left a lot to wish for. I guess I don't john high enough like many other top players so if I have a serious problem people can't see it. Then when other top players johns the same people actually think they can see those problems and know if they played good/bad.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
For me it was a match between myself and cunningkitsune Taki at a local game stop tournament. I never played so well before heh.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
GFs from Smashers Reunion was far away from beeing one of the best sets ever (if you tried to imply that I don't know tbh). Maybe more fun to watch ONLY because it was more close but the game play left a lot to wish for.
N**** you 4-0'd me

Armada

Smash Lord
N**** you 4-0'd me
What's your point?
Yeah GF was more fun to watch for most people becasue it was close/hype.

I don't think the matches were that good though. For the time beeing I think both Pound V and Apex 2012 had better matches for example.

Top Bottom