• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Yoshi on SmashBoards?

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
Who do you guys think is the best Yoshi you played on Smashboards?

The Best Yoshi I've played on Smashboards is Bigman40

There are only 3 Yoshi's I've played that were Good & up to my level,

Stomps_FTW, Bigman40, & dyz

What about you guys?

bLeAkWuN

Smash Cadet
u should play this one local of orlando...his name is Gindz, hes badass with yoshi....idk if hes able to get online or not...but thats the best yoshi player ive went up against..post some vids of your yosh, ill see if the next time i play him i could record it nd post it up for ya...pce

Chaco

Never Logs In
Guessing you won, we're close. He taught me Yoshi, my style is different from most though. Heavy physical attacker.

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
Guessing you won, we're close. He taught me Yoshi, my style is different from most though. Heavy physical attacker.
Oh ya lol, I suck in YOshi Dittos too. Please rate/comment some of my vids. Subscribe if you must :laugh:

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not my best in Yoshi dittos. Unfortunately, I mostly play online nowadays so that's not the best assessment of skill.

Gindler

Smash Champion
u should play this one local of orlando...his name is Gindz, hes badass with yoshi....idk if hes able to get online or not...but thats the best yoshi player ive went up against..post some vids of your yosh, ill see if the next time i play him i could record it nd post it up for ya...pce
Oooo, an honorable mention. thanks bleak

But yeah I can't get on the wifi (soon to be changed) but from what I've seen in vs. videos I'd have to agree with most people about bigman, stomps, and everyone seemed to forget about Pr1de

and oh yeah chaco! I tend to ignore the B button (besides recovery of course) it's all about the meleein' :chuckle:

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
I've played Pride I think Pretty good yoshi, I belive I still won over all in all the matches =)

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
All this talk of good Yoshies on Smashboards makes me think we should hold a Yoshi-only wifi tournament. Obviously, the "best" Yoshi won't be decided from it, but it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
All this talk of good Yoshies on Smashboards makes me think we should hold a Yoshi-only wifi tournament. Obviously, the "best" Yoshi won't be decided from it, but it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
Good Idea I would love to particapeate, even though I suck at Yoshi Dittos :laugh:

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Haha I'd play, but of course I'm in Iowa... :p
It makes me think there would have to be a "best" Yoshi for east and west coasts, and MAYBE one for the Midwest.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
rel who are you?

best yoshis on smashboards that I have played besides (myself... ...) are:

Badgey, Bigman (scat) and burntsocks.

as far as tournament performance, I cant seem to find other yoshis out there that do well in real life tournaments. Mr. Clutch tied me in rank once in one tournament. That was the closest Yoshi I have seen that may be good in real life.

bigman40

Smash Master
The best Yoshi I've played atm is agression from SBR. He's got a solid Yoshi that's worth something.

BTW, thx for saying I'm one of the best. I'm up for matches and the tournament. Just PM me so we can setup some time (weekends are recording days =P)

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
I think mmac is the best. But I haven't played him in a while, and since then I've learned a few new tricks. I played Bigman recently, and beat him, though he says he was going easy on me, and proceeded to destroy me in the next few matches >_>

So yeah, mmac or big are probably the best I've played (though I haven't played any yoshi's here on the smashboards)

If anyone want's to brawl, just contact me, I wanna see how I stack up to the best

D

Deleted member

Im gonna say pride cuz of his tourny record and his style. Bigmans very good, furbs is very good, im terrible but u all know that, rel's pretty good but we havent played in a while and i sucked even more back then (but stop judging people based on online dittos, they dont count for anything and dont really show how good you are, even if they are super fun). Uhh thats all i can think of. Bai. Also can u wait for 2 weeks for the tourny, im not gettin my wii till then and id love to come.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Once I get an actual half-decent only semi-laggy internet connection I'll hop on and smoke everyone. ;D

Not really. I'll probably get Yoshowned.

IceAge

Smash Cadet
Rel, we split our Yoshi's... I demand you put me up there in as your level Yoshi.

Despots got a good Yoshi. Probably not best. I havn't played a real good Yoshi who kicked my arse yet.

bigman40

Smash Master
I think mmac is the best. But I haven't played him in a while, and since then I've learned a few new tricks. I played Bigman recently, and beat him, though he says he was going easy on me, and proceeded to destroy me in the next few matches >_>

So yeah, mmac or big are probably the best I've played (though I haven't played any yoshi's here on the smashboards)

If anyone want's to brawl, just contact me, I wanna see how I stack up to the best
You're taking what I said wrong. I siad that I've been in a slump for a while. Whether or not it can come up and pull wins, I never do feel like I'm playing like I'm supposed to.

Offline wise, Pride has the best Yoshi I know (tourney record). Online wise is a very different story. Pretty much, ppl who play in big online tournies should judge that with others. That way, it won't be alot of confusion.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
You're taking what I said wrong. I siad that I've been in a slump for a while. Whether or not it can come up and pull wins, I never do feel like I'm playing like I'm supposed to.
I could've sword you said I rolled too much, and that you weren't taking advantage of that like you should have.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hey Bigman, I would like to verse you online some time. I'm going to New Jersey tomorrow and coming back July 5th but anytime after that I'm open. I live in GA too, so we shouldn't get much lag. I'm a Lucas and Pikachu main, but I play as Yoshi for fun matches.

bigman40

Smash Master
and that's right. The problem is that when I'm playing right, I can punish better than what I was doing to you before. That doesn't relate to me going easy on you.

@BBQ: Sure. I'm mainly open on the weekends, so we can get some matches (maybe recorded) when you come back. Um....... Pika main???.......**** >_< =P

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Bigman, you mind having a few matches with me sometime? I really need to improve my Yoshi if I want to compete with pros in my area.

And it seems that there's a few people who support the Yoshi tournament. That's great, and I would set it up myself, but I have no experience with running tourneys, lol. I'd enter it in a heartbeat though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I was thinking of that Lev, it could be organized. And we'll I play worse in Dittos too, it's soo awkward. o.o;

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
No kidding, Chaco. Though they're so much fun, it really IS awkward facing another Yoshi, lol.

Yoshi dittos are the silliest matches ever. (in a good way)

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'd like to play you to Bigman, I need some improvement on using DR in battle, as well as overall improvement.

And DL, teams later? Before I pass out...lulz

Gindler

Smash Champion
I really do do horrible against a fellow yoshi. My worst character to fight against when I am yoshi, never figured out why. Lucky for me I don't have to face any other yoshi's besides in friendlies. When I get my router I hope you guys can train me to do well in dittos.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
No one mentioned Shiri. His vids were pretty good. He also seems to be very knowledgeable.

I haven't seen enough of Sharky to say anything about how good his Yoshi is but I would guess that's he's at least decent.

bigman40

Smash Master
No one mentioned Shiri. His vids were pretty good. He also seems to be very knowledgeable.

I haven't seen enough of Sharky to say anything about how good his Yoshi is but I would guess that's he's at least decent.
I haven't played Shiri since brawl came out. I'm hoping for a rematch soon.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Protip: I'm bad at this game.

I just know a decent amount. I'm actually pretty terrible. Thanks for the honorable mention, though. ^_^

Scatz, we will have to rematch soon, though. As soon as the router at work comes back up, it's GAYME OVUH.

Top Bottom