• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bingo Mafia: OVAH! Who won?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
RVS? whats that?
Random Vote Stage. Pretty much you throw votes around until something interesting happens are roll from there.

Though right now it looks like we'll just be lynching scumJ and skipping that.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Doesn't matter, Larry Butz is hopeless anyways

NBD

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

What's the matter with you!? Larry Butz is awesome and haters are just gonna hate on him!

Btw what does NBD mean?

Aposl

Smash Ace
Does this actually progress the game, I feel like the best first round vote is to vote out the least intelligent player, my reasoning is as follows, even if hes on your team he can hurt it, so you dont feel as bad when he turns out to be town. But you will feel bad if you vote out a decent player, and it turns out that he is on your side. Same goes for Mafia's team. If the dumbest player is town this is free to you, if hes in your team, you could use it as a strategy to mind game the opponent. This strategy requires no random vote, just lynch the village idiot.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
That sounds great in concept, but how do you define the least intelligent? The least experienced? The worst record?

There's a lot more to a lynch than just removing a player, you also have to look at the connections they've established and use them to help make future decisions.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Does this actually progress the game, I feel like the best first round vote is to vote out the least intelligent player, my reasoning is as follows, even if hes on your team he can hurt it, so you dont feel as bad when he turns out to be town. But you will feel bad if you vote out a decent player, and it turns out that he is on your side. Same goes for Mafia's team. If the dumbest player is town this is free to you, if hes in your team, you could use it as a strategy to mind game the opponent. This strategy requires no random vote, just lynch the village idiot.
I like this guy.

Lynch the worst townie players win in Lylo!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Does this actually progress the game, I feel like the best first round vote is to vote out the least intelligent player, my reasoning is as follows, even if hes on your team he can hurt it, so you dont feel as bad when he turns out to be town.
Does what progress the game?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I hoped I wouldn't have to say this, but I realllllly hope the pregame chatter crap is kept to an absolute minimum. I'm going to try to post no more until the game actually starts.

*looks at J*

Aposl

Smash Ace
Well let me rephrase. Not least intelligent, but least logical. Yes there is experienced players who can probably read the hell out of noobs, but the noobiest thing a person can do is make incorrect logical connections. Basically people who's thinking style is weak. We still have to do the same thing in this "stage" of the game, but if we go after people's intelligence instead of alliance it will allow us to see everyones defense style, argumentation style etc... See how they think, judge whose thinking is the weakest and rid ourselves of them. I have lost a Mafia game because someone on my team couldn't make the correct logical connections to players actions, and game situations, where if I had been in his role it would have been GG's.

Also we can still accuse people of being Mafia, or town or whatever but still implement this strategy.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Does what progress the game?
I was referring to random accusations, or seemingly random accusations. When I play I am pretty straight forward, and give a complete breakdown of my reasoning for my POV's.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Accusations force reactions out of people, which can help determine alignments.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Just telling you now, if your strategy involves bypassing a lynch off of scumhunting just to lynch the dumbest player, it will not be implemented.

Random accusation stages dont mean much in the long run, just something to stimulate conversation. So yes, they do progress the game as they help bring up stances that can be referenced later.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Accusations force reactions out of people, which can help determine alignments.
Now this is what I was referring too. This may be true, but you state it as an absolute. Reactions can be simulated, or people can lie, or not react (which some will take as a reactions.)But in the end I feel it much better to force, convince or trick people into telling their opinions about something without being defensive.

I guess I will be the good cop and you accusers can be the bad cop. Lol

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Reference to DnD mafia. Hence directed at Kuz. You, of all people, should have gotten that.

Now, however, Aposl's done something legitimately scummy in proposing a policy lynch without even having a target. I don't know how you play IRL mafia, but when I do it, it's a lot more joking in the sense of AIMafia and nobody would even think of policy lynching. I'm getting hints of lies about experience (would someone know enough about forum mafia in their first game to know what a policy lynch looks like? doesn't sound right with earlier questions about RVS) and frankly, PLing is anti-town in general. Since the suggestion was apparently in earnest, I'm now officially suspicious of Aposl.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Whose hydra is Pink Lemonade?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Confirming.

Sqweedle is soup? I've been bamboozled!!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Sqweedle is the only player left to confirm! Let's cyber bully him into confirming so we can start :chuckle:

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Screw that, if we can find out where he lives we can really get 'im good.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@kuz: #61 is more telling than the one you pulled up, but its down to you so still good stuff.

Is this the game with Seikend in?

@Seikend: Do you agree with me that Smar is scum?

If he's not in this game, then anyone who's not playing in (or played in) DKR but is fairly new can answer

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I'm not playing the game before everyone is confirmed.

Once sqweedle confirms I'll tell you what I think.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I'm not playing the game before everyone is confirmed.

Once sqweedle confirms I'll tell you what I think.
oh not this again. You know your aligment as does smar. Waiting is a waste of time and anti town and makes me think your waiting for a scumbud to tell you what to say

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
What difference would it make if you told us now?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
EBWOP

Basically what X1 said. Also, it's not like sqweedle has to sift through hundreds of posts when the game starts, we haven't even broke into the third page yet.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Fine, I'll answer the question. I just don't want discussion happening. Kinda defeats the point of having to confirm.

No, smar doesn't look scummy. Having read DnD Mafia before, the reference makes sense. Not sure how I feel about her suspicion of Aposl.

There's not been anything significant enough to say that smar is scum yet.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
The point of having everyone confirm is to make sure everyone is ready when we can start voting, not to make sure everyone is ready for discussion.

Atleast that's what I've taken from other games.

I SEE YOU THERE SOUPA, CONFIRM DAMMIT

Top Bottom