• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bioware Mafia (ovah)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Oh btw, I just made up that journal header. :B

I had a random safeclaim for my ability I was going to use. "Whoever kills me gets posted publicly in my journal" as long as I kept up the posting restriction. I knew I couldn't scum hunt well without getting myself killed and was going to have to play a passive role. I anticipated me not being able to use my role (I had planned on picking Praxis D1) and figured a vig might want to take a shot at me. Using that claim if things got too hairy would result in me getting lynched instead of NKilled, and I can almost always prevent my lynch for at least a Day phase.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
So I protect two scum?!?!

Good job Docdito lol.

This was a REALLY fun game to play and to read after my death :(. I would've loved to stay alive till endgame, and was surprised that I was NK'd, esp with X1 as scum lol.

Amazing job EE. Obv MVP amirite?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
... So how exactly was I supposed to track a mafia kill if you were counting it as everyone in the faction?
Essentially I was running the same tracking/roleblocking rules from EpicMafia(with a slight change). If Gheb had been dead when you roleblocked MS, no kill would have occurred. However, since Gheb was alive, he was still able to make the kill, so you only stopped the drive. If you had tracked any mafiat, you would have seen them visit the death(with exception of the godfather, who would have always been shown as a no visit)

Rest of roles and stuff coming up after I finish lunch and check up on the games I'm in :)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, part 2/2 on the roles!

Left off going toward Tandora

Liara
You are Liara T’soni. You helped the great hero of the Citadel, Commander Shepard, prevent the Reaper attack with your vast knowledge of the Protheans. Now, you use your vast knowledge in an effort to prevent takeover from the forces of evil yet again.
Passive abilities: none
Active abilities: Town Cop: you are the town cop. Once per night you may choose to investigate any player of your choosing, which will return you a verdict of either guilty or innocent.
Win condition: you are town aligned and win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Straightforward cop role. Tandora, you said that you were lazy D1/D2 I saw, but in all honesty it brought about some very good PR play. You got yourself suspicious enough the mafia wasn't going to aim to kill you, but townie enough to avoid being lynched. Your investigation choices turned out to almost all be useful endgame, and had something happened allowing you to live to D5 it would have been an easy game, set, match. I enjoyed watching your play, and think you did a very good job with the role you were given. Well played all around, keep up the good work

Chibo

Sonic
You are Sonic the Hedgehog! The blue blur is back in action. What? He isn’t a Bioware character? Lies, he was in that game they made, Dark Brotherhood. So you fit in pretty well.
Passive abilities: None
Active abilities: Even-Night Commuter: You are extremely fast, so on any even night you may choose to commute, taking yourself out of the game for the night so no night actions can have an effect on you. This may be done as many times as there are even nights in the game, simply send me the command Commute
Win condition: you are town aligned and win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Chibo got my kinda *******-mod role. Obviously Sonic doesn't really fit into the Bioware theme, but he does fit by virtue of the one game they made. This was kind of put in for two reasons, one I wanted to include a commuter and Sonic was an obvious choice for it. The other as kind of a counter to the safe claims. I enjoy breaking the ability to win the game with claims, and by giving a townie a questionable claim it hurts that chance more than just giving the mafia safeclaims.

Chibo unfortunately caught some flak and was never able to really work his way out of it. Didn't play bad though, and a good portion of people voting him said openly they didn't necessarily think he was scum, just wanted his flip. Overall not a bad game, but his power never really came into effect.

The Guide-->ronEEke-->Evil Eye

Zevran
You are Zevran, an elven assassin from the land of Antiva. You are widely regarded to be one of the best, even for your cream-of-the-crop assassin organization the Crows.
Active abilities: Vigilante: On any given night, you may choose to shoot any other player. You can do this as many times as you wish.
What can I say here? Best replacement I've ever seen in a mafia game. From the time Guide was replaced, the slot turned from nigh-nonexistant to the single most useful player in the game. EE was going through a lot of his thought processes with me on AIM, which was fun to listen to. I don't think he ever made a bad choice when it came to his night actions either. Could have taken out Mad Scummy like he was considering which would have changed things a bit, but every kill either took out mafia(Jungle) or helped with things in the long run(proving Ed's claim, verifying SC's role casting more doubt on Gheb's claim). Not to mention the ridiculous amount of re-reading and case building he did, especially at the end there against Gheb. Can't say enough about the game Evil Eye played, one of the best I've seen on SWF in a long time.

Praxis

Tali
You are Tali’zorah Vas Neema, a renowned Quarian engineer who assisted Commander Shepard when he saved the Citadel from the Geth and Sovreign/Saren. Now that your pilgrimage is completed, you have set off once again to save the galaxy, although this time from a more varied danger.
Active abilities: None, you are but a simple vanilla townie with nothing but your wits and your vote.
Praxis didn't play a bad game while he was alive, but he was, obviously, mafia's first kill choice taking away his chance to make a big difference. Woulda been a lot different if he had lived and been masoned with OS. Not much to say though due to the early death.

Goomba!/Gheb

Darth Revan
You are Darth Revan. At least, you were before you forgot that and started a new life. All you know now is that you must prevent this diabolical takeover to further your own goals, whatever they may be, and so you shall try to do just that.
Active abilities: Voteblock: Once per night, you may choose a player to block the vote of for the next day using your mind-trick abilities.
Not that I expect any less, but Gheb played a very good time. He was a driving force in a lot of the mafia's moves, and his gambit D4 almost paid off with a win. He used his role well as the recruit, and his recruitment made a major impact on the way the game went. Even after Tom's disappearance, Gheb continued to be a major player on his own without his partner. The only thing that could have made a difference is had he voteblocked on D5. He had no way to know for sure, but had he done so he could have killed EE n5 outprioritizing, and won the game with no effort. Very good play all around, and fun to watch throughout.

Dr. Riddler

Silk Fox
You are the Silk Fox! I’ll admit, I don’t really know a whole lot about your character since I’ve never played Jade Empire, but it needed some representation. Regardless, whatever your past motivations were, you are now setting out to prevent the galaxy from being taken over by the forces of evil.
Active abilities: None, you are but a simple vanilla townie with nothing but your wits and your vote.
Not too much to say here. Died N2. Played a good townie game though, just didn't live long enough :(

EdreesesPieces

Urdnot Wrex
You are Urdnot Wrex, a powerful mercenary of Krogan origin. After helping Shepard find Fist, and subsequently following him to defeat Saren, the Geth, and Sovreign, you are now making an effort to rid the galaxy of evil that would threaten it.
Passive abilities: Krogan regeneration: Due to the extreme strength of regeneration in Krogans, you are able to regenerate from one attempted kill. If you are attacked any more after that one stop, you will no longer be able to recover and die.
Ed played a solid game as a whole. His bluffing to be permanently bulletproof was awesome, and a very good play. He was misguided a bit at times, but the whole town was. Put a lot of effort into the final day, and I think as a whole he played a good game.

Gordito

Bastila
You are Bastila! You helped to stop Darth Malak and his Sith take over the galaxy(or, perhaps, helped Revan usurp him and conquer it for himself). Either way, you’re now fighting for the good of the galaxy, as a new threat comes to light.
Active abilities: Town Doctor: each night you may pm me to protect one person. This person will be immune to all attempted kills that night.
Haha oh Gordito. Like I said before, if you were a cop, you woulda been pro! Didn't play a bad game though, in fact outside of those night decisions, I think you played pretty well. Woulda been interesting to see how things changed if MS hadn't been blocked and Tando died instead of you. Keep up the good work

I was debating on the MVP decision a bit whether it should be split or solo, and after doing so I really can't see taking anything away from Evil Eye's performance by splitting it up. He played a phenomenal game and is the clear MVP. Congratulations!

Now that that's done, any questions that are had for me, or if anyone has any comments about my modding they'd like to make let me know

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I feel I played to my role, though. My mentality going in to this, with this being my first game as town, was to get mafia to kill me. I figured that eating a NK as a vanilla townie is my job, and gives the power roles another turn to gather information.

Besides, if I lived, after all of the power roles started claiming left and right, there would have been no way to eat a mafia NK. Edrees ran in to that problem, because as a bulletproof player under suspicion, he really wanted to get NK'd and couldn't get scum to do it because there were too many juicy power role targets and he was a potential mislynch.

^^ IIRC I think he even said he tried to breadcrumb being doc at one point by mentioning doc a bunch hoping to get NK'd.

I'm surprised Gordito chose to protect Goomba though >_<

I totally ***** a game of mafia IRL last week because the doctor finally realized I always die N1 and tried to protect me N1. As soon as I heard "No one died..." I grinned mad hard.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Also, as a side note...after I died and flipped vanilla townie, I ended up town cop in a BBR mafia game. I got a scumtell on Chibo on D1 kind of early (later confirmed by a N1 cop result), and ended up deciding to try to duplicate my Bioware playstyle of trying to get killed in hopes Chibo would recognize it and NOT kill me.

It actually ended up working, and I lived all the way until N3, after the entire town became so inactive that we no lynched despite having all agreed on a target and I was the only active player and obvious NK target.

I've made a discovery; Edrees is the only thing that can cause me to survive D1 of a mafia game. I survived D1 of the last BBR mafia because Chibo NK'd him instead, and I survived D1 of Halo because Edrees is my hydramate. xD

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Question: If Overswarm's Mason Night Action took priority over Mafia's NK, shouldn't I have been able to talk to Overswarm for the duration of the Night?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Night actions weren't resolved until they were all in, at which point night was over. Also, OS' recruitment was lower priority than the kill, which is why you flipped vanilla townie instead of town mason or anything like that.

Also, I just saw Gheb's comment about the setup, I answered what would happen if EE had been recruited, but not if OS had. If Overswarm had been recruited, he would have been able to recruit one person, as per his role, into a masonry(NOT mafia). This would have resulted similarly to Lonely Island mafia without the lover mechanic, where a townie could end up with a mafia mason partner.

Mafia didn't need a roleblocker. If the driver was still alive, there was no such thing as a doctor when used correctly. Not to mention if you have an idea who they're going to recruit you can manipulate it to a self-investigate(essentially roleblock) or investigation of someone already investigated. I could see it being harder on mafia with a vanilla recruitment, but from the way the game played out, the recruited role was never all that important, and the game still ended up very close. Adding another role to mafia would have made the recruited mafiat retaining their power become extremely overpowered.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yep, EE beat me to it, the recruiter was the only thing that acted during "N0", meaning that OS could not have had a recruit by the time the mafia recruited, so it's a null point. Since it never really could come into play I never thought about it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Hey Nix, I'm actually pretty curious -- how on point was my analysis of you/some of your weird actions and such? Getting a read on lurkers is pretty important in SWF's meta unfortunately and this surely won't be the last time I gotta do it in endgame.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
1.Gheb01 - You were fun to play against, you used OS's breadcrumbs so well, it was insane. Too bad the driver flip screwed you over. Ah well, c'est la vie. Good game.

5. ronEEke - *brofist* I love you too man, we should hydra sometime. Being suspicious with an ulterior motive is actually something that I'm quite good at when necessary, mostly because it's near impossible to tell when I'm doing it for an ulterior motive or just doing something pro-scum and got caught for it. (see CT mafia, my second game of online mafia ever, for reference). Your analysis at the endgame was REALLY pro, I was impressed.
7. Edreesespieces - I KNOW you can play better edrees, you needed to be more obvious-town this game because you were supposed to absorb a scum NK, but I understand why you weren't. The playerlist was VERY good, full of dominating dgames players so being obv. town this game was tough.
11. Nix2100 - You needed to be more present...

Dead players:
3. SwordsRBroken(HK-47, vanilla townie) - Dead-on read.
8. PraxisTali, vanilla townie - I WISH you'd survived, but still you were amazing when you played and you absorbed that NK like a champ.
2. eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe-- (Guus/Vrael hydra)Archdemon, Mafia Godfather - I read you so wrong.
4. Dr. Riddler (Macman/Riddle hydra)Silk Fox, vanilla townie - Same as praxis tbh, except praxis did it better.
12. JunglefeverSovreign, Mafia Indoctrinator - I read you so right.
10. ChiboSempaiSonic, Town Commuter - Urg, tbh you made the same mistake as Edrees but you don't have anywhere near as much as an excuse, you're a vet after all, ah well, c'est la vie. Better next time.
14. GorditoBoy69Bastila, Town Doctor - You actually played this to a t tbh, sorry about killing you, but Tand was more important. Also, I stand by my "you should've been alive" thing".
9. OverswarmDuncan, Town Mason Recruiter - GRRRR, DON'T BC TOO MUCH NEXT TIME!
13. Mad Scummy (Swiss/X1-12 hydra) Darth Malak, Mafia Driver - Not too bad.
15. Tandora Liara T'soni, Town Cop - *brofists* And yes, most of that stuff about your sanity was being an antagonizing d-bag to survive. Granted I suspected it, but if I wasn't trying to protect myself I wouldn't have kept it in the spotlight so much.

But for future reference, unless it says "sane cop" I will always consider sanity suspect. Also, I hate cops from a game design standpoint.

6. Soviet Coffee(AdumbroDeus/Shaya hydra) Commander Shepard, Town Jack of all Trades - Not bad shaya, just gotta work at it, I'm happy with your first outing into dgames, considering this game's incredible playerlist. So should you be.

Soviet Coffee

Soviet Coffee was the Jack of All Trades, and made good uses of his powers, despite not being intentional on N2. The choice of Ed N2 getting moved to OS was a huge moment, although it wasn't really played up until the final day. His roleblock saved Tandora on the night she got an inno on Ed, which helped late game as well. Overall SC played a good game, just never got that town swagger going and was a vig choice late game.
Mentos... I wanted to be vigged or scanned, remember? It was necessary that I be confirmed town for the endgame to work properly cause the information I brought to the table was completely gamechanging.

My survival<town victory.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha I know it was planned Adumb, but what I was getting at is that you would've been a target either way. It was just that little bit of risk that you were a potential target coulda taken you out before you could reveal information if the game had been a little bit different:)

Top Bottom