• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bioware Mafia (ovah)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I think it's very unlikely. It makes more sense to recruit on N1 given the number of strong townies in play (Dr. Riddler, Overswarm, Goomba, me/Ronike, Praxis, Soviet Coffee... it goes on and on). As I said scum stands to swing things in their favor a fair bit by ejecting two threats from the game on N1, one via kill and one via recruiting (which in turn turns a powerful townie back against their brethren!) Why not recruit?

Furthermore, it wouldn't only be bad scum play in THIS game, but I think it'd be bad scum play in general. Recruiting on N1 reduces the amount of backtracking or inconsistency that could be exposed, because no good players have 100% hard and fast reads on the game's cast on N1. As such reads and decisionmaking can change with minimal contradictory behavior to be highlighted. Recruiting on N2 onwards, on the other hand, could really change the ball game.

Lastly, the thing about Nix is dumb... because a oneshot kill makes him cease to be a town threat. The game would be over, now, because he'd basically be a survivor with a vig kill. 3 scum + recruit + indy is more likely but it's still less than optimal game balance in my opinion, especially if the indy has a kill. And like I said Nix ceases to be a threat in that scenario because he's used his kill.

To answer your question about recruiters, well, masons generally recruit at Night. Then they can talk with their mason brethren whenever they want after that point, if it goes through. Mentos seems to be using Epicmafia style Masons, as the Masoner would die if hitting scum -- however, it's noteworthy that in EM, a Mason targeting scum would result in the death of all masons. That probably wouldn't be good balance, but bears mention, and does reduce the "double cop" impact having a Masonry causes.

It's silly to wonder whether Gheb as a Mason could be recruited by mafia and maintain the masonry. I say this because, in the worst case scenario, Jungle could somehow recruit him on N2 before dying, but that would have him being recruited into both groups at the exact same time. And I still think it'd be ******* modding to let Jungle recruit someone the night I killed him, that punishes me and the town even though I made the best possible decision as a vigilante.

Also, one thing that bears mention is that Mentos said knowing the flavor = knowing the role. I did mention that Sovereign gradually wore down the free will of those he Indoctrinates. One bad guy in the game, Saren, starts out as a somewhat independent entity and ends up literally just a zombie vessel for Sovereign to control. It's a possibility that the Indoctrinator, having a different role name than Recruiter (and the only role as such that we know of), has slightly different mechanics. For example, Gheb is Indoctrinated on N1, but remains a townie on D2, then maybe becomes properly scum on D3. Then OS dies N3. It's an interesting possibility.

Or, perhaps I can meta Mentos a little bit. I mentioned that he was a Mason Leader in Spidey Mafia, and that masons would retain individual powers and abilities -- and how he lamented that he never got to put together a town A-Team, as he mismasoned on N1. However, he also knew that there was one mafia role in the game that could be masoned, but would retain his scum status.

Mentos thought that was a cool mechanic, and if I can think of any role that would fit, as such, it'd be a mafiat recruited from the town side. Remember the crumb I brought up where OS said that a bad guy wouldn't be much of a bad guy if he couldn't pretend to be your friend? Perhaps his role PM left him some reason to doubt his recruitings. He also says in that quote on D3 that he's currently okay with handholding Gheb, and that he'd follow him "until he does something dumb".

But there's also the lack of OS being tracked. Duncan isn't a ninja, or a samurai, or a spy, or an assassin. He's a warrior. There's no reason for the character to be untrackable, and frankly having one of the few scenarios where a tracking would be particularly useful simply not work for no reason at all is ******* modding as far as I'm concerned. Soviet tracked him the night Gheb claims to have been recruited, and got a No Visit. We can't just sweep this under the carpet.

There are too many loopholes in Gheb's claims to handwave. I felt fairly certain that Soviet was town, but that he needed to die to clear up the WIFOM and inconsistency. I felt it was fairly likely that he'd be a viable lynch toDay and that preempting this would not only close off and grant direction to a major lead, but have us also end up in the same approximate situation we would be on D6 with me still alive. And I felt positive that an endgame without me in it and with Gheb as scum, if that were the solution, would be a definite town loss.

So I shot Soviet Coffee, and he flipped JoaT, and he had no reason whatsoever to lie, and so we have a cavernous hole in what seemed like a solid clearing on first blush. This cavernous hole then lends to other bothersome things, like Mad Scummy's unwillingness to engage Goomba late D1 and the fact that Goomba was one of the biggest scum threats when D1 closed its doors.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
......I have to say, I am absolutely amazed by the analysis and thought I see....something i never could of done myself that's for sure >_>

Was about to head to bed, I think EE said he will post in a bit as well so I'll re-read these first thing tomorrow morning....in like 7 hours, and post then.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
EE That's why I'm asking these questions. They seem like possibities to me because up to this I've only completed 5 mafia games, 3 of them being Overswarm modded games with really insane mechanics compared ot most D-Games mafia games. I don't know what would be considered bad modding or not. These possibilites just present themselves to me, but if you really think the setup/mod would be really stupid for them to exist. I'll have to defer to you based on the experience. Will continue to read on Gheb and Nix for late D3 and D4.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Interesting thing to note -- Cheez softly endorsed the case Ronike laid out for Tandora in late D2, Mad Scummy ate popcorn right through the whole thing and ended up commencing a bus on Cheez when it was clear that the Tando wagon had probably stalled (Cheez was at L-3 as well), and Jungle was softly disagreeing with it "although blah blah fencesittiness". The scum effectively spread themselves on this issue like scattershot in a manner that was well-coordinated, and with a fourth scum between Gheb or Nix, I think Gheb was the one making the smarter scum move, here.

Cheez softly endorses without committing, Mad Scummy ignores it and the ensuing discussion entirely, Jungle softly disagrees with it (without committing), and Gheb strongly disagrees with it and makes an insinuation that the complaints are "textbook scum play" in my case.

Nix on the other hand refused to take a stance on it other than that he was unconvinced by the case and had nothing on Tandora one way or another. If scum wanted to bus him, why not have him move in for the kill? Then they might have mislynched a townie and Nix would be the only one endangered. Or, since you were pushing a busing theory of Nix on D2 vs his scumbuddies, why not have him move in for the kill so they'd have something better than stupid ****ing pettiness by which to bus him? The positioning is all wrong for a coordinated effort.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
More on d3

The only of these people who I get a town read on is Nix but I don't think it's a good idea to elaborate on why I think so. Either way, I think we should take a look at why we're unsure about these people [which I agree with] - if it's lack of input or connections then it's hardly justifiable on D3 with so much info swirling around.
Gheb, did you ever elaborate on why you got a town read on Nix but couldn't elaborate on it? You mentioned it again later in d3:
Quite simply, I don't buy it. Neither do I buy the Chibo part because he fails to point out the similarity to Nix' play, which he apparently has no issues with [before you jump the gun: unlike him, I stated countless times - including the previous Day - that Nix is town in my eyes and I have a reason for it]
Can u elaborate why you were so sure Nix is town at this time? Why so sure, what was it? Sorry if I missed your explanation but reiteration would be nice as well.

OS + Gheb: These are the two players who I would recruit if I had a one-shot ability, its not a scum-tell but something to be wary of for both of them

Gheb + SC: Their wall arguements during D1 just makes me wonder about those two if one of them flips scum, something to keep an eye on

OS is probably top pick, Chibo most likely second. Like to hear more from town, specifically Chibo and EP
He mentions that Gheb would be a good recruit along with OS, and asks Chibo and EP their opinions but not Gheb. Just slight scumbuddy distancing, I'd say he did the same with Nix but Nix was completely unavailable until the very end of the day, so that wouldn't mean anything.

During Day 3 OS strongly crumbs that he already used his mason recruit ability in the bolded line below:

Journal Entry, September 29th, 1:16 p.m.
I'm surprised and a little disappointed I myself haven't been Night Killed yet, as my ability would have helped tremendously if that had been the case. The breadcrumbs I have left have been deliberate. I wonder if I should claim my ability? I don't think scum can do anything about it now, and it will clear me and one of our choosing.

I still wonder who could have guessed it.
There is no reason his ability would help when he got night killed unless he already did the recruiting. Why else would he actually hope that he got night killed? This suggests he did do his recruiting, but SC's result says he had no night actions...

Here's the BIGGEST hole in the OS recruited Gheb N2 story. Here is a very important post during D3 by Gheb:

I wouldn't mind being investigated toNight btw. Since we already lynched the godfather there should be no case of confusion. If Tandora investigates me and gets the inno we can also pseudo-confirm her sanity. Since she already has 2 innos and gets a third one that'd mean there'd be 3 scumbags left [in case she's insane], which is pretty much out of the question as we already lynched two.

With that "clear" on Tandora we can also clear EE, GBoy and myself at the same time and [without trying to blow my own horn too much] I think it would be REALLY beneficial for town to have clearedGheb in endgame - with the Doc alive, there's even a chance that clearedEE and clearedGheb will both be alive during lylo and I think that'd be the ideal case if it actually comes down to lylo.

:059:
If OS recruited Gheb, and all the breadcrumbs were there, why does Gheb want to waste an investigation on himself? OS basically already investigated him by recruiting him, and it would be a waste to do it again considering OS's either claim or flip would clear Gheb. There is no reason for him to suggest being investigated. (Its not a town tell either, because we know the driver can make any scum look town)

I really don't like this part here how he wanted to be investigated after OS supposedly already recruited/clears him via breadcrumbs. Possibly wanted to gain towns supreme trust, or maybe he didn't think of making his claim that OS tried to recruit him yet.

Wish Nix had posted more during that day so I'd have more. Onto D4 tomorrow, but I really think the above is important. I'd like Gheb to comment on this matter.

And gluck with the all nighter, I need to go to sleep soon, but I'll be posting as frequently tomorrow.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If someone (scum) knows they are going to be investigated and by who, can't they use the driver to actually have the cop investigate someone else? Oh wait, nevermind, because Soviet's thing gave him OS's results rather than mine, despite him targetting me, and it actually told him it was OS's result. I guess it wouldn't work because the cop would know that he didn't actually investigate that person in question.

I keep forgetting the driver seems to TELL the person who did the action who their ability was actually used on. Just doesn't make sense how that works to me.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
The point is that it changes whom you target with your night actions, throwing a wrench in what you desired to accomplish that Night. Sometimes Drivers are town, and they could try to, for example, redirect a vig kill onto someone of suspicion. Or a Mafia Driver could drive the nightkill target with someone else to outfox a possible Doctor, then target the person they drove them with to kill the intended target.

It makes a lot more sense than mixing someone's night action result up with another target since that would be unfair to town -- town would never have a reason to surmise that that has happened. Godfathers, Mafia Lawyers, Mafia Framers, and the like accomplish the same end in a non-*******-moddy fashion.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Little connection between the scumteam and Gheb on D2.

Cheez asked him if anyone was standing out to him as town after he made his "I hate everyone and everything" post, then explained himself when Gheb got at him for the question. That's it. Notable that Cheez's question to Gheb was a total softball.

Jungle doesn't mention Gheb at any point until he has been FoS'd by Gheb. He gets into a brief back and forth with him, but is always on the defensive, and never questions Gheb's stance, despite that from his POV Gheb was tunneling on him and Overswarm (a townie) even expressed his disdain for the rationale Gheb used to get at Jungle.

Mad Scummy completely ignores Gheb until he tells Goomba, late in the Day, to say something helpful that does not involve Soviet Coffee. Not only is this a softball largely devoid of pressure, but MS has shown that he is perfectly willing to point to the weaknesses in scumbuddies' play. The way he has completely forgotten Gheb exists after jumping up his *** at the first opportunity on D1 reeks of scumbuddy distancing.

Gonna start typing up the D2 stuff I found particularly notable. I'll go player by player again.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Nix Interactions By Scum:

Mad Scummy:

P449: Asks Dr. Riddler what he's thinking, and how it feels to be alive D2. Tells Jungle to gogogo on a scum case. Says to Nix that posting about how one is useless isn't conducive to a long life, and to step it up or step off. Mentions the BBR confusion, and that confused non-BBRers should wagon Dr. Riddler.

^For starters, this is the closest yet Mad Scummy comes to pressuring a scumbuddy, linearly speaking. Even then he's just saying what everyone is already thinking, and not really getting in Jungle's face. Meanwhile he flat out tells Nix that his current behavior is a good way to get himself killed. This Nix bit is a bit more of a softball than is typical for MS, but it also allows him to position to move in for a kill later on. Subtlety is key for mislynches, this I've learned as scum very well. It's all in the little details, like the paper trail, and Swiss knows that. On that note, I find it really unlikely he'd mention two scumbuddies to one townie in a post.

P464: Asks Gordito if Nix is the play, and if not, who is. Say Gordo's post doesn't really say much and asks him if he'd care to expand. Notes to Soviet Coffee that he said it's not a case against Chibo, just a part of a read, and asks if we should still be going after him. Asks Cheez if he's going to contribute and who is scum. That's all for now, and he has his eye on Chibo.

^Twice, he asks a townie if [insert name] is someone we should pursue. In both cases, the answer was perfectly evident in the post in question, and in the latter case, it was TvT. I feel it's most likely he'd only mention one scumbuddy here, and that was Cheez, to whom he -– sure enough -– tosses a softball. I feel like this is a towntell for Nix, as placidly endorsing two TvT scenarios just screams of the play Mad Scummy has been giving us.

P466: He continues from above and asks Gorditoboy if he feels Nix is scummy, and if so, to explain why. And if not, to explain the point of searching up all his posts.

^He's pursuing the Nix thing with fervor, and not once in the game can I recall Mad Scummy asking someone if they think [scumbuddy under their knife] is the play.

P477: Asked by Chibo about the BBR business, replies “BBRetarded.” Mentions that there’s a lot of hate on him, “even from this hydra”, and to step it up. Admits to skimming because of Reach johns, says Soviet is a mixed bag, like how he nailed Swords for dumbtown, asks what all the Chibo hate is for, doesn’t ring true to him. Gives himself an out to this questioning. Mentions that he missed Riddler’s stances.

^It's interesting that he gets at Chibo in literally exactly the same way he did for Nix earlier -- step it up or step off, your uselessness isn't setting you up for a long life, blah blah you suck get better. Looks like this could be his MO for dealing with useless town.

P503: Quotes Gordito saying he doesn’t like Tandora’s going after Chibo because it seemed too easy. Asks if he saw her justification post, and asks if it is sufficient and what he thinks about it. Asks Edreeses if he included himself on his chart of interactions, and if so, did he crop up as having no interactions with anyone. Wonders how valid it is in a game this size, as surely some players don’t have a read on others.

^MS get at a Townie in TvT (actually, TvTvT!) This supports my Nix/MS meta, since it's another concrete example of him fostering TvT scenarios. Also, the same chart led Edreeses to ask both Goomba and Cheez how they feel about Chibo, whom both he and Cheez had poised to attack earlier.

P520: Replies to Nix that he’d be interested to see him contribute instead of having him sit there and see if he gets lynched. Tells him to step it up, and says flavor is flavor, not 100% certa-scum. Asks him whether he thinks a posting restriction of an EVIL ROBOT which HAD to come out D1 would have to be a scum role. Calls him incredibly useless. Says the question he asked OS is useless, feels we could in no way use his answer to pin scum. Encourages him to disagree and explain. Says he’d like to see Tandora make a case.

^Getting at Nix HARD here, for petty reasons, and yet a likely townie in Ed is already here, and voting. Discredits a valid question since it was designed to get a player talking that was planning to coast. Also hypocritical in a terrible way, considering he called Swords out for breadcrumbing HK-47 in the first place and contributed to that lynch, which Nix did not.

P521: Quotes Nix again and asks what the deal is with him not posting and then posting shortly after being called. Mentions that Cheez is doing the EXACT same thing, asks him why he’s there and online but not doing anything.

^This is the first time I’ve seen him actually truly pressure a mafiat, and I think there’s no way in hell he’d do it to TWO scumbuddies in the same ****ing post. No. Way. Not when one of them isn’t even under suspicion from anyone but a single bullheaded townie (Nix/Ed).

P549: Replies to Nix’s question about a leader that they don’t necessarily need someone like that (a leader), but that spending another day discussing how to play the game instead of playing it will make him scream. Says most people have started contributing and stopped getting hung up on BS points. Replies to Dr. Riddler’s refutation of the Nix wagon asking for a stance without an out. Says Tandora’s post managed to lack substance. Says OS asked for names, and she answered with method. Dislikes. Asks Cheez wasn’t it him who said he was mad cautious with votes and just voted Nix even though he doesn’t think he’s scum? Ask if this is him manning up or scumming up, and why?

^Actually a pretty good post. Interesting that he backs off of Nix and poises to bus Cheez instead. Also interesting that he actually felt obligated to reply to Nix’s point about a leader, again makes me feel this is very unlikely SvS.

P626: Requests votecount. Fluff. Says he’d lynch Nix or Cheez. Says Jungle could happen. Doesn’t like the Nix gambit, as he didn’t even vote himself. Quotes Jungle saying Nix’s play is standing out to him, and he doesn’t know what to make of it. Asks him how, and why. Says he’ll probably vote after a quick re-read and chat with the other half. Unvotes and votes Cheez. “Stances, plz”

^Yeah, no. He did not bus all three of his scumbuddies in one post. Not. A ****ing. Chance. Especially when the subject he questions one of his confirmed scumbuddies on is NIX, A HYPOTHETICAL SCUMBUDDY. **** that ****, it didn't happen. Nix is the safety net in this post. Furthermore, he’s in no danger devaluing Nix’s gambit, considering Gordito already did so.

P628: “@NIX

If you know you are town; surely it would be better to lynch an equally useless player as lynching you would be a definite townie loss, whereas lynching say, cheeze for example, would actually include the chance of randomly catching scum?”

^Decent point, but it still looks like scum circling a wounded animal for the kill.

P682: Nudges town to make a decision. Tells Cheez that his Nix wagon has square wheels and to change it up. Quotes one thing Tandora says, saying that it reeks, but he does not see sufficient reason to lynch her.

^Somehow I don't see him prepping to bus someone and then telling his mafia godfather to get off that would-be-bused-scum's wagon in the 11th hour when two of the active wagons are scum, including said godfather. Why further endanger more valuable scum slots, and why position for a bus and then loudly denounce it right in the thread? It doesn't click. Feels more like a botched scapegoat mislynch, or perhaps Edrees was onto something when he mentioned Nix seemed unlikely to get lynched and thus allowed them to take a scum stance on someone without having it called to question any time soon.

Cheez:

P471: Lots and lots of getting at townies, then replies to softball from Mad Scummy that he’s not sure whom the scum is yet, that the NK doesn’t give a lot of info, wants to let the Day have some progress before coming to conclusions about it. Says if he “had to give [him] a name” he’d say Chibo. Doesn’t know if this is his normal playstyle, but he makes excuses and prefers content, especially when coming in halfway through D1. Says he’ll see how toDay goes, not confident enough to throw a vote down. Says that Nix’s posts are full of excuses, says to ditch that and start adding more content. Asks him to post that reread. Says to OS that he mentions a hunch of a strong scum player, and asks him to expand. Understands why he’s saying it, but wants to know

^Lots of content on a Come When Called basis. Avoids giving a solid suspect despite naming one. Gets at Nix, which makes both him and MS both well-positioned for a kill. Unlikely that he’d get at a scumbuddy of his own accord, very very unlikely. Also fishes at OS for the “smart scum player”, interesting.

P523: Asks Goomba if anyone’s sticking out as probably town. Quotes Nix and says that it seems he’s just trying to back out of a bad situation, being called out for his post by Edrees and trying to handwave it like it doesn’t matter. Wants a rational explanation. Says flavor shouldn’t influence assumptions about alignment, doesn’t know why he’d let that actually influence his thoughts. Votes for Nix. Quotes Mad Scummy’s pressure and says he’ll browse the thread periodically on his actual account and then post if something sticks out to him. Sometimes he doesn’t see anything.

^Even if Mad Scummy would, I'm finding it pretty **** hard to believe that CHEEZ would address two scumbuddies in the same post, and this makes both him AND Mad Scummy poised for the kill, this time with a vote, and sheeping Ed hard. It feels like he's parroting Ed here, not manipulating him.

P526: Replies to Nix that if the “case” is that bad, why can’t he refute what has been said? Says he asked for an explanation, and has yet to see one. Says that if the reasoning is all that bad, it should be easy to explain. Asks Dr. Riddler to explain why the Nix wagon is dumb and why they should lynch himself. Says that if Riddler’s going to start posting now, he’d like to actually see his thoughts.

^Lol, Doc was clearly already posting. Again this feels opportunistic, and it’s interesting the way Mad Scummy has slithered out of this dialogue now that Cheez has taken over questioning Nix.

P544: Replies to Dr. Riddler that he doesn’t think Nix is scum, he just wanted him to explain it so he put a vote on. He hasn’t done that, so the vote stays.

^DO NOT LIKE. I think this is bull ****! He earlier said that he’s careful with his vote, and yet here he is using it for minute pressure? I think he was laying it down and trying to push town onto Nix, piggybacking Edreeses, and after Doc utterly destroyed the Nix wagon, he backpedaled. I can't see him desperately backpedaling like this if it was a bus -- he'd be playing from the high ground, knowing that Nix would flip mafia. No reason to do what he did if Nix is scum too.

P568: Gets at a load of townies here. Is prodded for a scum read by Soviet Coffee, says that Nix is “useless overall”; says he’s made one or two good posts, but aside from that fluff and excuses. Then when Cheez put a vote on him and asked him to explain a fairly simple thing, he didn’t, and said his reasoning was bad, etc. Says a simple explanation was all that was required and he doesn’t see why he couldn’t do that. Has never played with him before, so he doesn’t know if he’s “perpetually useless or what.”

^Nix pursuit here still smells; in fact this reeks of exactly the kind of rationale he used with SwordsRBroken. Late into D1 Cheez was going in a circle about what allignment he might be, and ended up pointing to his uselessness and inability to answer to pressure as his scumtell. He does the exact same thing here with Nix, and furthermore he phrases it in a manner that avoids taking a stance. This fits Cheez getting at a townie; it doesn't fit Cheez trying to bus someone. As aforementioned, there's no reason to be so tentative when you have the high ground.

P636: Quotes Soviet Coffee asking him for whom he wants to lynch. Says Nix can go. Says that offering himself up as a lynch just seems like a stunt to seem more town, does nothing to help town, stupid WIFOM. Says he’s been useless all day; inactivity can change but uselessness will stick. Wants more input from Us (ronEEke) but doesn’t want to lynch us for inactivity.

^Blatant parroting, and effectively shows he only wants to lynch Nix, the easy target.

P680: Quotes Nix’s point about the potential hypocrisy, doesn’t see how it’s a valid reason to vote or not vote for someone.

^Not only is he dredging Nix up as a target after the Tandora wagon falters, and after attention starts to refocus on Junglefever and himself, but he again takes a shaky-at-best stance here despite ostensibly “scumhunting”. This implies that Nix is town, because a bus would be louder –- this one has an escape clause. Why bus in a manner that gives your bus victim an escape clause? Stupid. Doesn't make sense. Not a bus.

P687: Says he’d like Nix to explain why he refuses to vote Tandora

^Why would he pressure him in this way if he was busing him? Interrogating a scumbuddy about why he isn’t voting for a ****ING TOWNIE!? Doesn’t make ANY sense; Cheez looks worse for it if Nix flips scum, not better! Feels MUCH more like genuinely pressuring a townie.

P689: After Nix says to go back and read his post, says he’d like a reasonable explanation, and that what he said makes no sense. Wants to know what he thinks of Tandora, “not this ‘oh noez ill be a hypocrite crap.” Says if he thinks someone’s scummy, vote for them. Says stop dodging basic questions.

^This I could actually see as a bus, but the prior posts definitely make this feel completely legit.

Junglefever

P443: P443: Thinks it’s strange that Nix wants to be noticed -– says he doesn’t generally just pop in and say something, even if it’s completely worthless. “Meta, I know, but it’s something to think about later.”

^Rather easy target to go after when you’ve got something to prove. Furthermore Nix has always seemed like the type to pop in and say whatever he wants to whenever he wants to say it, to me.

P456: Replies to Dr. Riddler (who voted for him!) that his point was meta on Nix, but that he doesn’t just pop out and quip, which he feels Nix has done a lot in the game. Generally only comes out when called upon, allegedly. “It’s just a feeling”.

^Coming when called himself, by a townie. Has yet to pressure confirmed scum, so I doubt he’d start with the person they just ****ing recruited!

P623: Says to Gheb that he doesn’t recall saying anything more than getting a town vibe from the posts due to meta. Says Gheb is acting like he’s put on blinders or something. Says he’s seeing normal Vrael play (“while it is inherently scummy”), and that he’s absolutely the easiest person for him to meta, because he has played or hosted every game Vrael has played. Says Nix’s play is standing out to him as odd, but he doesn’t know what to make of it yet.

^This is coming across to me as awkward, he doesn’t seem to feel any different about Gheb despite the weirdness of the assault (more on that in another post). Also, a blatant drag-down with Nix I again can’t imagine as SvS, especially since it’s so blatantly fencesitty. If he's going for credibility he'd be more defined, Gheb was getting at him hard and he's taking this approach to getting at Nix where he pussyfoots around him for a century first. Seems much more like scum trying to take a stance on a townie without committing too much to it.

P627: Quotes one of Nix’s posts, says he feels it’s all over the place. Notes he first offers himself to be lynched, doesn’t know who does that. Then he can’t really follow the section about Gordo/Chibo. Says the question at Ed is okay. Notes he doesn’t really question Cheez despite being called scum by him. Doesn’t know what he’s clearing OS from.

^As of this post, if you want to say Nix is scum, we officially have three scum busing the same partner. Do I buy it? Hell to the no. Furthermore it STILL has a tentative quality that makes no sense for busing.

P631: Says he doesn’t understand Nix’s link to Gordito/Chibo. Asks if he’s saying the former is buddying to the latter because of his play in Sonic Mafia.

^I thought the answer was pretty god **** obvious.

P633: To Nix: “If I’m wrong do speak up. You make it sound like I’m missing something.”

^Really don’t feel this for SvS. If Jungle was any more tentative about pursuing Nix he'd be watching him from a satellite control room on the other side of the world. Worst bus ever.

P712: Quote Nix explaining why he won’t vote Tandora and says he doesn’t understand. Says sharing some qualities doesn’t necessarily mean he has the same alignment. Asks if he finds her scummy, regardless of whether Our points could be applied to him. Doesn’t get Nix’s stance other than that saying yes means he’s scum, so no. Says that although he liked her posts, our points have some merit. Doesn’t think she’s the play, though. Thinks Nix is the play.

^This I could see as a bus, perhaps, but I again can’t see Jungle being a dragdowner in this situation. I also don't buy that two mafiats would bus the same scumbuddy for the same posts and with the same points.

Honestly process of elimination alone is making me really start to feel Gheb on this one, and he has so many discrepencies and little things that bother me on a reread even disregarding that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, do you think Nix was recruited by mafia? Right now you've stated Nix is most likely to be scum. Do you feel he started the game as mafia or was recruited?
Logically, he has to be recruited. Otherwise scum would've probably won the game already as they'd have to have 2 mafiosi left [Nix + the recruited]. So no, I think Nix is the recruited mafioso.

I also believe that the way he played this game - even though it may have not always been intended that way - fits a recruited scumbag pretty well. Generally avoiding conflict and interaction with other players, which - in case of the recruiter flip - might incriminate him in retrospect is by all means the safest way to play this game.

His answer is kind of a dodge. Instead of answering, he answers with a question. I do nootttttt like this at all. I think its scummy to answer questions with questions.
The problem is, quite simply, that there is no correct way to answer such a question. I fully acknowledge that my answer was a dodge - because I didn't want to answer it at all. Had I answered it it would've made me look scummy. Had I not answered it it would've made me look scummy. If you look at the post where I finally answer his question you will find that I actually dodge it again - just more elaborate than before but I still managed to avoid what I wanted to avoid: Naming anybody specific in a dead-end debate.

While I agree with him, it wasn't too fruitful at the time (discusing mechanics of the recruiter) I just thought it was interesting, a mild push away from recruitment talk.
It wasn't a "mild" push away from it - it was actually pretty obvious. Because that's what I wanted. Just look at the main suspects for recruitments; EE, SC, Overswarm, Tandora - they've all flipped town or are clear! That clearly goes to show that this whole speculation about the recruitment was pointless. Was I supposed to nudge an avenue of discussion that was obviously leading us in the wrong direction?

Gheb, did you ever elaborate on why you got a town read on Nix but couldn't elaborate on it? You mentioned it again later in d3
Can u elaborate why you were so sure Nix is town at this time? Why so sure, what was it? Sorry if I missed your explanation but reiteration would be nice as well.
The way he played this game matches the way he plays when he has a Power Role to a T. I've played a couple of games with Nix so far and he's generally more vocal as a vanilla townie, whereas he can literally lurk his *** off when he has a Power Role [just look at Mafia Barhouse Sleepover!]. I thought he had a Power Role so I left him alone and tried to keep the attention away from him. Also, since he's an EM player it wouldn't have surprised me if he had played the old "lurk to avoid NKs" card, which is quite common for Power Roles over there.

If OS recruited Gheb, and all the breadcrumbs were there, why does Gheb want to waste an investigation on himself? OS basically already investigated him by recruiting him, and it would be a waste to do it again considering OS's either claim or flip would clear Gheb. There is no reason for him to suggest being investigated. (Its not a town tell either, because we know the driver can make any scum look town)

I really don't like this part here how he wanted to be investigated after OS supposedly already recruited/clears him via breadcrumbs. Possibly wanted to gain towns supreme trust, or maybe he didn't think of making his claim that OS tried to recruit him yet.
I actually already explained that not just once but twice. The plan was to have Tandora investigate me in order to keep me clear in case Overswarm mismasons and dies. The whole point was to keep me clear [without Overswarm] coupled with the knowledge that Mad Scummy was scum. We were aiming for a win/win scenario but unfortunately Tandora chose to investigate somebody else. With Tandoras cop claim and the knowledge that Overswarm was the recruiter [+him claiming pseudo-investigator] he and I both agreed that either he or Tandora was probably going to die the following night.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
As a quick hit from Nix's side of things, after rereading, I honestly just get a semi-useless protown vibe from Nix on D2. It's notable that his level of contribution stays at a plateau from D1-2 (I'd have expected a spike or a drop in the recruit). I also never agreed with the pressure on Nix for his comment about HK-47 -- he was commenting on the character itself, not the player SwordsRBroken. He never said you could use flavor to get a read on a player at all. This makes me feel like scum was pouncing on Nix making a point with really bad wording, with a townie aggressively pursuing the line of questioning as their cover and justification.

I actually really like that Nix handwaved the pressure, people's actions and feelings about someone after they've already flipped are generally a pretty weak place to try to get a read since people can change what they "thought" with ease to suit the situation. Nix knows this, and didn't want to waste time talking about such things, especially considering he was never on the Swords lynch nor supporting it. Nix ignored this fallacious pressure and instead went on to ask people some questions, and this fits my town meta for him.

Also note this in particular:

P629: Admits to Mad Scummy that getting himself lynched would be a definite townie loss, while lynching someone else that is useless would include the chance of randomly catching scum. Says that’s why he’s not voting himself and why he’d prefer to vote someone else. Has no reads on Cheez so he can’t say much about him. Says that since he’s had some interactions with players and most view him as useless anyway, something may have at least come from a self-wagon, instead of wasting time trying to figure out which useless player to lynch. Notes that there seem to be a lot. Replies to Jungle that he doesn’t know who [offers himself] either, aside from the fool, but is fairly sure there isn’t one in the game. Asks what’s hard to read about the Gordo/Chibo section. Says the former is getting friendly too quickly for his liking, and that’s it. Explains the timestamp.

^I really, really don’t think he’s going to address literally all three of his scumbuddies in one post. And the speed at which Gordo cast Chibo aside did seem a bit odd at the time.

Also, on the later thing about the hypocrisy, I feel this was another case of Nix just wording something poorly. I think what he was getting at was that he is town, and yet most of what Ronike said about Tandora could have been applied to himself, and that as such he wasn't convinced by the case. Nix has a tendency to word actual decent points badly in hi games and I don't think this is any exception. And once again, scum pounces, and I don't think that's a coincidence.

When you look at it from what I'm positing, Nix's POV makes sense, and is actually quite townie, as he ended up avoiding jumping on a town wagon (and getting on a mafia wagon). On the latter note, the fact that he voted Cheez for being a hydra was really bothering me in memory, but upon rereading I had it fresh in my mind that he has said he has a hard time reading hydras. Because of that, and noting that Nix had earlier noted his personal sense of disconnection with the game and lack of scumreads, I believe that he would be willing to lynch a hydra he can't get a read on if other people have been offering decent rationale. As such I buy his joining that lynch, too, and it seems protown (in a silly Nix kind of way).

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Background on some of my Gheb meta: Gheb is a very fine player. He's loud. He's vocal. Often, Gheb is wrong -- brazenly wrong, even. And yet, he has a strong vibe of sincerity running behind what he says, even when he is. A good case in point would be his pursuits of Dr. Riddler, Soviet Coffee, and SwordsRBroken, which ended up being wrong, but he conducted himself in an understandable manner and made solid points in pursuing them.

townGheb is nothing if not consistent, and has a tendency to reevaluate himself "out loud", as it were. Not a lot goes on behind the scenes with townGheb. I really don't like the fact that Gheb's scumhunting on D1 occasionally brushed him up against scum, and yet on D2 is pinpoint psychic, often for reasons that I don't think justified the sudden increases in pressure. Feels like a lot of time was spent planning and scheming how best to plot the connections.

One of the first things I've noticed about Gheb on this reread of D2 is that he was faaar less active than he was on D1. On D1 Gheb was posting roughly once every 20 posts, and often far less. The average gap is much higher on D2, with his activity outright plummeting at times. Though he posts early on D2, it's a whopping 64 posts before Gheb posts again. Huge gaps like this are anything but uncommon for the rest of the day.

This, of course, fits my meta for how a recruited-Gheb would play, initially. His reads would have had a jackhammer taken to them, and he needs to reacclimize to his surroundings.

P420: “[A]lso wonder”s if he would like to be friends [with OS]. Quotes Tandora’s post where she justifies a lot of what she said by saying that Praxis also thought so. Notice that it’s dangerous to argue the claims of someone who isn’t among us anymore, and that doing so effectively avoids taking a hard stance. Notes that there’s a huge gap between being confirmed town and having good reads. Can’t conclude one from the other and he expected her to know that. FoS’s Tandora.

^In this post he quotes a post where Tandora notes Praxis’s three-pick list, which included himself and Cheez, and ends up FoSing her for it. Interesting. And why so opaque to OS?

P484: Resumes conversation with Tandora making a mixed bag of good points and okay-at-best points. Quotes Soviet saying that the BBR hunch is nonsensical, yet he continues to stress it. Says it should be obvious the BBR connection is leading nowhere. Asks why he voted Chibo. Asks him for a contribution that’s not aimed at the inactivity of people, one of the easiest targets for mafia. Says he’s accusing Chibo of things he has done himself. Doesn’t know whom he thinks is SCUM. Knows he wants Chibo dead but not why he thinks he’s scum. Because he doesn’t give stances? Calls this hypocrisy. Says he could vote Soviet for exactly the same reasons, and that it would in fact make perfect sense for a mafiat to do what he’s doing now. “Just think about it a little harder.” Votes Soviet.

^He’s wrong here, again, but he doesn’t feel a right as he often did on D1. On rereading, I actually felt that Soviet Coffee gave perfectly defined stances, and was doing a decent job of outlining why he was suspicious of Chibo. This feels weak, to me, especially after a ****load of lurking, some of which was over actual scum being pressured. Perhaps he was trying to remain consistent -– too much so, and stuck with a target that didn’t really make as much sense?

P509: Replies to Soviet that he’d like to see stances that aren’t based on being useless (like Chibo) because that “hardly justifies as a hard stance in [his] book.” Says he’s been “trying” to drag information out of inactives all game, and says that now the question is whether he has succeeded, and feels it’s blatantly obvious that he hasn’t. Asks whether the people he pressured’s contributions had improved. Asked if they largely stepped their games up. Says until he can point to genuine contribution he’s going to hold it against him because it’s textbook fake contribution. Also makes an incorrect rebuttal, may have misread. Probably approaching from the mentality of blackballing instead of objective evaluation. Replies to Ed’s question about how he feels about Chibo and Gordo in a broad manner, saying that there are too many deadweights. He doesn’t like Chibo, Gorditoboy. But he doesn’t like Jungle, Cheez, and Soviet either. Says the lackluster input of Nix, Dr. Riddler, and Us (ronEEke) had made it hard for him to find someone he DOESN’T dislike. Any of them could be lynched and he wouldn’t mind.

^This looks utterly FUBAR on a reread. Gordito was looking very townie, Dr. Riddler had in fact stepped it up, and Soviet was hardly in the same league as the other two, looking tacked on as an afterthought to scumbuddies. I think this was positioning, as it literally allowed him to lynch **** near anyone.

P555: Replies to Ed’s pressing for possible town/useful reads that OS played pretty well D1 and that Mad Scummy “is actually looking quite solid atm.” Thinks the same of Edreeses. Admits things are currently going into a different direction. Says he can’t see OS and himself becoming friends if he continues playing as he has been, and that Dr. Riddler and Soviet had given him some solid reads recently, which he didn’t get on D1. Can’t tell what to think of most people because they’re either not playing well or inconsistent in activity and usefulness. Says this is the first time Soviet has voted someone exclusively for being scummy, and Dr. Riddler didn’t do anything D1 but has shown clear stances recently. Replies to Gordito that he doesn’t know how to “back his crap up”. Says he was okay with D1 OS, not holding hands material but solid enough to have a good impression. Admits he hasn’t played like that at all on D2 but thinks he understands the idea behind it. Thinks Tandora is rather consistent with the exception of the FoS earlier hasn’t had issues with her. Doesn’t know her and sometimes relies on meta more than people think. Asks if he disagrees with the read or just wants more detail. Says Cheez’s asking if anyone was sticking out as town is a stupid question, and can’t think of a town-alligned reason to ask the question, as town reads only paint targets on townies’ backs for the mafia. Calls Soviet’s response probable dumbtown.

^Again, a ****-ton of lurking. Says positive things about a mafiat in this post. Also, he hypocritically answers a probable townie’s question (Edreeses) and yet says the SAME question is stupid and not protown when a mafiat asks it (Cheez). Cheez asked the question almost verbatim, and yet somehow his asking it is only scummy. I could see this argument if Gheb said that he was buddying Edreeses or parroting him, but not as it stands. As it stands he's treating a townie as such and treating a mafiat as such, with nothing on the table to justify the distinction. Frankly, I think this is just Gheb catching a second wind, and the beginning of his “too good to be true” scumhunting. Backs out of his pursuits of Soviet quite neatly.

P582: Replies to Cheez that yes, he does like some people, and that his answer to Ed says whom. Replies to Gordo asking why he thinks people are useless, listing lack of input, intentionally being vague or fluffy, avoiding to take a stance. “Pretty much the standard stuff.” Says that some people including him have stepped their game up recently, as Riddler and Soviet Coffee have started to take stances, and even Jungle has voiced opinions “which is a rare sight actually”. Says it’s good to see him debating among everyone because it wasn’t the case earlier. Asks if he can really say that the people were useful before he said that. Says he still finds Nix, Cheez, Us, and Chibo to be useless so his stance hasn’t changed. Asks if he thinks these people are being useful, says if so, he doesn’t see how. Says it’d be pointless to townhunt Tando unless Gordo thinks he’s scum so he’d rather not. Says her reasoning for voting Chibo he’s not sure about. Says he thinks he knows what Gordo is getting at and it’s very possible her read is wrong. Either way, doesn’t think she’s scummy because of that. Thinks her stance is genuine. FoS’s Junglefever for his post where he defends Cheez and says he gets Townvrael vibes, saying we should keep it in mind in case Cheez flips scum.

^I like decent amounts of this post, but I don't see why Chibo was useless at the time as he was actually doing proactive scumhunting at the time. Seemed like positioning for another easy mislynch, as surely as the others were for Nix. And again, I'm miffed by his rationale for FoSing a mafiat; if he FoS'd jungle for defending Cheez, I could accept it. But instead he FoSes him with some grand theory about meta and inside information. I feel the same way about his rolling on Cheez earlier as with this post. He also says positive things about Jungle in this very post, which enables him to back off of him if the town doesn't go after him.

P621: Quotes himself FoSing Junglefever and says lynching him sounds like a good plan, and that if he flips scum, Cheez is next in line. Quotes him saying that his vibe is meta for Vrael, saying that his sureness that it’s Vrael implies that he has insider information he “can’t just easily have.” Unvotes and votes for Jungle.

^What? I really don’t like this post… Chibo confirmed that some of the scummier posts were from Vrael earlier, and Jungle has played or hosted every game Vrael was in, which could make him good at metaing him. Also, I’m very very bothered by the fact that he quotes himself FoSing Jung… what does this gain? What does that accomplish other than attaching “dibs” to the lynch? Making it clear that "Gheb was here"? Being loud and dramatic is exactly how I'd expect Gheb to bus, and I don't think it's a coincidence that there was a 40-odd post gap between the last one and this one, during which time momentum on Cheez and Jungle started to solidify. And then Gheb is here, with a reminder that he was totally here first you guys seriously!!!

P624: Replies to OS saying Gheb’s actions were strange: “Are you kidding me? Do you actually believe it's normal that Jungle is not only perfectly able to tell all posts of cheesecake apart but also to build a pro-town case on them based on only one half of the hydra's meta? Because Vrael is inherently scummy? When he can't even know for sure which part of the hydra is actually posting?”

^Why couldn’t he be able to tell which is which? His reasoning was perfect, and went completely unaddressed, too. Feels more like a reaching bus than tunneling.

P649: Doesn’t find the Tandora case particularly convincing. Doesn’t want blatant wagon hopping. Notes the case doesn’t apply exclusively to Tandora as it could apply to Soviet as well. Says that complaining about activity police is textbook scumplay in my case. Says her read on Cheez lines up with his own, although he’d rather have Jungle lynched, which is reason enough for him to find her somewhat useful. Moreso than countless other players and he’s still getting protown vibes from her, more than the majority of other players. Says Jungle, Cheez, Chibo can die.

^Really don’t like this post. He insinuates “textbook scumplay” in my case despite that Ronike made the post, and also does nothing to pursue the avenue one way or the other -- he just leaves it there as a planted seed. He mentions Soviet can also have the same arguments applied, seemingly forgetting that he already concluded Soviet was dumbtown and backed out of their argument. Says he’s getting protown vibes from Tandora including her activity police play, despite the fact that APP formed the crux of his case on Soviet Coffee. And not addressing the sordid cauldron of scumminess that was her defence in ANY WAY and yet calling her purely town reeks of insider information.

P685: Replies to me saying that if two people are guilty of the same thing but I only draw attention to one of them it’s “clear that to [me] some people are more equal than others.” FoS’s me. Responds to questioning re: Soviet Coffee evasively, saying that he’s already been through that, accuses me of skimming, says he already had a lengthy conversation about it a few pages back. Replies to Mad Scummy that we’re lynching Cheez “right after Scumbagfever.”

^This post bothers me SO MUCH. He knows **** well that I tend to push one target at a time and even admits to it on D3, he ignores my utter destruction of his ****ty meta-point, and he flat out avoids my line of questioning meant to compare Soviet Coffee specifically to Tandora -- instead answering to it and making the comparisons, Gheb opts to accuse me of skimming, despite the fact that I was trying to draw comparison being obvious. Also favors lynching the recruiter that would have recruited him if he is scum, which is OBVIOUSLY preferable to lynching the **** godfather. Lastly, he seems completely okay with lynching Junglefever even though Soviet Coffee also is, and is citing Jungle's slot’s uselessness as a main crux of his argument, which was one of GHEB’S main arguments against HIM. Jesus Christ. He doesn’t even come close to addressing this, either. And he seems to forget all about FoSing me later, and never follows this up, and denies having done so when it is mentioned. Makes that whoel thing seem forced and mechanical.

P710: Quotes Gordito saying he’ll put his vote on Jungle if town leans there, asks how he’ll know if it’s “actually town leading towards the … lynch?”

^Thought this was really dumb. Gordito had cited Cheez as his #2 suspect, so that distinction wouldn’t matter much, and it seemed pretty obvious he just meant the town collective.

P711: Says to Macman that yes, he can see where he’s coming from with Nix, but isn’t “too fond of his play regardless.”

^Interesting. This lets him position for a Nix lynch at some point, if he wants to.

P724: Replies to us saying no one should hammer yet saying that he’ll “gladly hammer scumcake off though,… what keeps you waiting?”

^Don’t like this. There’s nothing gained by insinuating a connection like this when it’s pretty **** clear we just don’t want a hammer yet, since we just asked to see the case against him. Also has changed his tune from being willing to lynch Cheez to that he’s obvscum for no tangible reason, and I think it’s because he had become the obvious Day’s lynch.

P725: Says “[n]ever mind” and “hammers” Cheez, saying to lynch Jungle if he flips scum.

^Again, loud proclamations of busing like this are exactly what I'd expect.

P735: After fake hammer, says “[o]h well I’d still rather see Jungle dead then.” Unvotes and votes for him.

^Trying to save the godfather? This move put him at L-2, and Jungle at L-3.

Overall Gheb bounced his vote back and forth like a pinball, and being an instrumental and visible part of the lynch really seemed to matter to him.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Alright at this point I just want to lynch Gheb, honestly.

I'm going to go over the rest on a general level, but I'll pull up examples where possible. I just want this to be done with and I've been feeling Gheb for a while now.

First of all, Gheb busing Cheez and Jungle doesn't surprise me in the slightest. He defended Mad Scummy, who was the only remotely useful confirmed mafiat from D1-2. Cheez and Jungle were deadweight, and good players like to bus deadweight mafiats for the free credibility. Plus, it's one thing to advocate lynching one and then the other back to back, but as they say, talk is cheap. Things could have come up to point to other players, and a player of Gheb's caliber knows that.

His pushing Junglefever's lynch before Cheez's smells. His rationale for being on Jungle was much weaker (and less backed by D1 precedent, aka at all) than his rationale for Cheez. If Gheb is scum Jungle had already lost/used his power. As such busing him is less of an impact, and Cheez was the godfather and would have a **** good shot at being investigated on N2.

And, even in the worst case scenario, back to back lynches still allows scum to eject two townies from the game. If I was Gheb, I'd feel perfectly confident busing two worthless deadbeat scumbuddies, knowing I have a final, actually competent scumbuddy, and that in losing those two we would both gain tons of credibility, while also being able to whack two townies of our choice.

Still, I think I caught Mad Scummy and Gheb with their pants down. They had no reason to believe town would have a vigilante, and suddenly Junglefever is dead and it's Day 3, while it seemed they would at least be able to coast through D3 as well, in the worst case scenario. Town, meanwhile, had a significant head start. The ball game has changed, and so the strategy needs to change as well. Sure enough, Gheb's townieness takes a nosedive from his eerily on point self from D2. So suddenly Chibo, the guy you were perhaps maybe willing to lynch on D2, becomes "Chiboscum"? What, exactly confirmed this? Other than the fact that mafia needed a mislynch with a vengeance, I mean. Few if any connections supported this. In fact Chibo's proactive burst of scumhunting on D2 strongly dissuaded this notion.

Don't understand why Gheb voteblocked Soviet Coffee when he'd concluded that he was dumbtown well into D2 and Soviet only continued to take hard stances from there. Also discourages the notion of a mafia voteblocker which I find pretty **** scummy because all it does is arbitrarily try to attach town points to himself through mechanics.

Also, I find Gheb's conduct during The People vs EE bothersome as all hell. Tandora's scumhunting and tracking of voting patterns was damn solid, and Gheb immediately write it off with a "Interesting but I think it means rather little." Not only did the post he was discrediting clear me, but it also cleared Chibo (confirmed town) and Nix (mylo resident and actually more cleared by the post than Chibo was).

I know for a fact that Ronike and EE are the kinds of player that wouldn't mind busing weaker scummates. OS is also evidently the kind of player who loves to distance himself from his scummates while he can and busing Chibo or Nix for their lackluster input and to gain credibility also isn't the most unrealistic thing I've ever heard. With all that in mind I wonder if these connections will actually lead to fruitful results tbh. I'd rather not give them the clear for the way they have been talked to.
This bugs the hell out of me. Again he makes a point of insinuating a connection between me/Ronike and Cheez/Jungle, but does nothing to take it forward. He just... says a thing that looks bad on me, and leaves it there. His post doesn't even make sense, either, since Cheez was weak as hell and thus an optimal bus, and although I told Ronike to help the Jungle lynch go through if I wasn't around and Tando didn't go through, at the time you guys had only my word for that. So basically there was no indication that we were taking any kind of bus-ish steps... at all. Also, he's getting at Overswarm! Well ain't that funky. And since Tandora's post was tracking the actions of not me, and not overswarm, but Cheez and Jungle, I have to wonder if Gheb even read the **** thing.

After Tandora claims, says that she jumped the gun. Makes a decent point that we could have gotten into D4 with 3 useful results, but underplays the level of tunneling that was going against me. Introduces sanity doubt and stressing of cop variation in a slippery manner, mentioning that Mentos always stresses it when he plays games and cops show up. EBWOPs to say that her claim means little because of the recruiter talk. That's a lotttt of doubtin'. Shortly after this, Mad Scummy points to Tandora as someone that has 180'd their play and says that she claimed cop for "no reason", which increased my suspicions of MS and boosted my confidence in Tandora, which was already significant for anyone that actually reread the **** game.

Tandora makes a good point about the balance of having a non-sane cop and a recruiter in the same game. Mentions Potter Mafia having a recruiter and every possible variation of a cop. I don't see what he was accomplishing here other than tarnishing Tandora, especially considering that the fact that no one had counterclaimed and in general there was no real reason from his POV to suspect that there were other cops.

Mad Scummy says OS and Gheb are the two players he would recruit. You have to ask yourself if Mad Scummy's players would be willing to put The Recruit in their two picks... based on their play, I think they would. Especially since Gheb and MS need to both work together and adequately distance themselves to maximize their chances of winning. I specifically asked Mad Scummy to give me TWO scumpicks, and he went all over the **** place. I think he did it because he endeavored to include his scumbuddy, but also hide them in a sea of other suspects, thus not overly endangering them but also not avoiding discussing them either. Everyone else he mentions has flipped town, so....

Interesting post from Overswarm:

I too, can discover alignment. But only once. Deciding on who I want to see. How I can explain if you'd like. It is not the traditional way of doing things.
The more I think about it the more it doesn't even make sense for OS to hide the fact that he already had an inno on someone. And he clearly says, here, that he can see allignment but only once. This implies to me that the recruiting might be a oneshot thing, and thus that he may have decided not to use it after all on N2. OS blatantly refers to the fact that lynching him now would get us nothing, and yet letting him survive another day would either provide a clear or a scum hit. Him recruiting Gheb is lining up less and less the more I read. Then he goes on to put Gheb on his list of unknowns, which frankly makes no sense -- he was pleased as punch to put Chibo on his town list despite no involvement in Tandora mechanics, so why not do that for your mason buddy, allowing people to look back on the **** Day and clear him?

Gheb goes on to openly cast more doubt on Tandora in response to an OS post. Doubts her allignment, yet says he gets protown vibes from her. Doubts her sanity. All in all this is good play from a scum POV.

Gheb then goes on to answer my popcorn question for two scumpicks. He says Chibo and Mad Scummy. This is the optimal scum play; as I said, scum desperately needs some mislynches, but scum also needs to carefully distance themselves. It makes perfect sense for Gheb to mention a scumbuddy in the same breath as townie, who conveniently nestles just above the scumbuddy in suspiciousness. His argument for Chibo is bad, and I find it baffling that he quotes Mad Scummy's post and asks me if I find it scummy, instead of just making the case for himself.

Later he implicitly suggets lynching Tandora by pointing out to Edreeses that D3 would be the best time to lynch her. Reiterates that if he thinks she's recruited or not sane that now is better than later. This could start a TvT spiral and cause mislynches easily, and yet Gheb isn't technically pushing that course of action, he's pushing a lynch on Chibo, with Mad Scummy in a bare but distinctive second place. He also suggests that one of Tandora's investigations could have been recruited later, even though that the only person she investigated that could have been recruited was Gordito, who was an unlikely N1 recruit and even less likely to be targeted on the exact same night by both scum and the cop. Frankly Gheb is stressing the importance of recognizing differing sanities and the recruiter too much, his emphasis seems to be on casting doubt, instead of actually trying to figure out the most likely and probable happenings.

Swiss comes back and goes on a posting spree. Never once acknowledges or discusses Gheb.

Replies to Tandora that as a recruit it's likely she'd take pressure off of me. Does it in a buddyish way but I didn't read into it too much since Gheb has always been one of the DGamers that has particular respect for my play. Seems almost offended by Tandora's attempts to clear Tandora, and again doesn't seem to have any desire to actually go back and look at the game to see if things line up the way he thinks they do.

Another interesting OS post here:

OS said:
Gordito has been pretty stubborn toDay.

Go ahead and outline the worst case scenario.

I'll outline the best case scenarios for you:

I'm town.

I have an ability that allows me to see alignment, but only once.

I survive and clear someone
The repeated mention of this and Soviet Coffee's tracking OS and getting a No Visit is really starting to strengthen the likelihood, for me, that OS has a one-shot recruitment and didn't even use it yet. This also explains why he said that by claiming he could "clear a townie of our choice." He doesn't say he could clear a townie, he says he could clear a townie of our choice. And he can only see allignment once.

Says he wouldn't mind being investigated. Initially I bought his explanation, but now I really don't. I don't understand why OS wouldn't crumb his certification of Gheb's innocence all through the Day and I don't understand why he wouldn't specifically crumb things about their being friends. I also find it to be antitown for Gheb to ask to be investigated since pinpointing one of the investigations would ostensibly allow mafia to interfere with it. On the other hand there was still a Mafia Driver in play, unbeknownst to us, so Gheb was almost certainly driven on N3, probably with me or Gordito -- Gheb being driven and investigated would be terrible for us, because the investigation would would hit someone scum wants us to investigate. If it was Tandora, it might incite enough doubt in her claims to lead to a lynch; at the very least, it'd cause chaos, and we'd be in roughly the same situation but -1 townie. I feel that there's a strong chance Gheb was trying to sponge up Tandora's investigation, and thus waste it. He also buddied me pretty significantly in this post.

Overall the lynch eases its way in but Gheb isn't at all aggressive about it it despite that Chibo is his #1 scumpick. He just glares from the corner and throws rocks at him on occasion.

/end D3.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Busing Swiss makes a ****load of sense even if MS and Gheb had no idea OS was going to target Mad Scummy (or perhaps Gheb). Again he gets to be -1 townie of choice going into D5 and gets massive credibility through busing Mad Scummy. And since I've been shooting every non-N1 Night, odds were good that I'd shoot someone, thus meaning he only needs to survive mylo.

I feel that Gheb had the most to gain as scum going into D5 making the actions that they did. He makes a clear shout for a Tandora investigation on D3, while there's still a Mafia Driver in play. On D4, however, he shows no interest whatsoever in being investigated. I feel this is a possible scumslip, as he would of course know that Tando's gotta die ASAP.

Nix gains little through the night actions as such. He knew the plan, yes, so he probably assumed D5 would be mylo, as it is. So he gains mylo and also not being investigated by Tandora (although Tandora dying put him next on the chopping block).

Gheb as scum on the other hand gains mylo, a patsy in Nix, a plan that already has a lynch planned out, and the strongest and most cleared townie coming into the Day is someone he's already buddied the hell out of, seemingly successfully. Also, by leaving me alive, Soviet Coffee the Jack of all Trades dies, and he is someone who may have pushed for Gheb's lynch toDay. With SC dead, however, his last words on the matter showed him to be okay with Gheb.

He mentioned that he could have killed me and voteblocked someone for the win as scum. That is dumb; killing me would have resulted in five townies alive toDay, not four, and thus it wouldn't be mylo/lylo, and thus he wouldn't have won. The fact that his idea of what he could have done to win wouldn't even work shows me he either didn't give it enough thought or was hamming up his townieness by self-meta WIFOM bluffing a scum play that wouldn't even work.

Speaking of self-meta WIFOM ... I don't like self-meta WIFOM. Frankly, Gheb didn't know what was going to happen toNight. I might have left Soviet Coffee be; Gheb knows I'm not the type to sheep along with a course of action if it ceases to be the best course of action, so The Plan wasn't a definite thing at all. Especially not when shortly before Mad Scummy flipped Mafia Driver, Adum mentioned that he was hoping MS's flip would explain the discrepency that makes him death-worthy (which it did to some extent). Oh, sure, I'd given him the all-clear to VB Soviet Coffee, but what if people decided that that would be scummy for X reason or Y reason?

No, there were entirely too many unknown factors. The optimal scum play, coming off such an extravagant and blatant bus built on a decently presented claim, would be to withhold the VB for bonus townie points and cruise through what would hopefully be mylo.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I've also never seen Gheb claim ESL johns before, and yet he did so when we were going over the bit about bus drivers and how they operate. He then went on to say that it was his understanding that the bus driver gives you the intended targets result and yet tells you that you visited someone else instead, despite the fact that this is stupid and useless and doesn't make sense. I expect better understanding of mafia theory from Gheb, even if he really hasn't played with or seen a bus driver before. This all combined gives me a really bad feeling, it says Gheb simply has no answer for why OS No-Visited on the night he claimed to be recruited and was trying to wriggle out of explaining himself, even warping facts in the process. More examples as such follow.

EE said:
So Gheb, you think it's likely that Ed would be an antitown bulletproof indy with a power that screws with investigation/power role results or something? And that he would have somehow struck gold on N2? Even for Nix, who doesn't have a cop clear over his head, that sounds a bit wonky to me. Too similar to a Driver, too *******y on the part of the mod for me to believe mentos would do that. If that's not what you're positing, feel free to correct me.
I thought it was very clear that the role I was inquiring about here is absolutely preposterous. This role, which I'm going to call a "Cockmongler" for the sake of discussion, doesn't even have a defined ability. It just "screws with night actions". How, Gheb? It makes visiting roles appear to not do anything? Stupid, useless power. The scenario where that would actually be useful (this one) is one in a thousand, if that. Seems more likely you just didn't think there'd be a tracker in a game after a cop and vig had already claimed, and a doc and mason recruiter/commuter had flipped, and a BP had been verified. And then you tripped.

Here's Gheb's reply to the preposterous Cockmongler role:

Gheb said:
I wouldn't be surprised if he actually "struck gold" on N2 considering the amount of breadcrumbs Overswarm left. Just look at posts like "I can investigate too but not in the way you would think" [not a direct quote but a paraphrase of his earlier posts]. It's entirely plausible that somebody picked up these breadcrumbs and tried to manipulate possible results.

So, uhm, what does the Cockmongler do, again? Seems like your answer is "whatever makes me look suspicious, and therefore I am absolved of as much." He also doesn't answer to the fact that it's bastard modding to have the Cockmongler and the Driver in the same game. Or does he?

And I don't see what's so unlikely about that role. In fact it's not like a driver at all because all he does is to force somebody to use his power on somebody else, right? But giving somebody a fake result upon investigation - in a game where we have literally all kinds of investigation and where the roleblocker was pro-town - seems neither directly related to the power of a driver nor does it look too far out for that game.
He still hasn't in any way defined what the Cockmongler does. Produces a fake night action result? What the hell is that? How does the Cockmongler know what role he's creating a fake result for? Oh, let me guess. He sends mentos a list of fake results for eeeevery role he can think of. Right!?

Look at all the flips and claims so far: We have a Vig. We have a cop. We have a Doc. We have a JoaT. We have a mason recruiter. We have a Vote Blocker. We possibly have a BP too. There is no mafia Role Blocker - this is almost guaranteed [JoaT could RB and the last mafioso has to be the recruited townie].
Wait wait wait wait wait. So....... the last mafioso is a recruited townie... so you're suggesting... a TOWN Cockmongler!?!?!

How likely is it that a town has all these power roles, no miller while the godfather is the only thing that screws investigation results? When he can be tracked anyway? I would find it strange if a role that messes up investigation results was not in this game.
A Driver screws with investigation results plenty, considering he could destroy two townies' night action if he acts carefully. The fact that Gheb actually took my lead with the Cockmongler role and ran with it is so scummy to me, it shows that his priorities are out of whack, with finding excuses for himself and dirt for the other guys vastly outprioritizing proactively trying to figure out what has been happening.

That said, the role I have in mind is certainly mafia and not indy - there is no benefit for an indy to have such a power and doesn't reasonably correspond with any independent win condition either. With that in mind, I'm sure now that EP is town and that Nix is the play.
Wait, WHAT!??!?! You literally JUST said that the last mafiat has to be the recruited townie, and yet here you are saying the Cockmongler must be a MAFIA power.

So hold on let's get this on straight here:

Mafia Godfather. Mafia Driver. Mafia Cockmongler. Mafia Indoctrinator. + Mafia Recruit brought in by Indoctrinator.

In one night the mafia could potentially:

Have the Godfather be investigated. Redirect a vigkill to a townie. Forge a condemning night action on another townie. Recruit a townie from the other side to their side. Nightkill.

BULL. SHIT.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Time for a leap of faith. I need to get some sleep and I have some things to do today that will keep me away from the computer for a lot of the day. Should be back a few hours before deadline though.

Vote: Gheb

Nix it'd be super awesome if you could spend your day near the computer and thus unvote for now and be ready to put it back on or whatever later on. But right now I'm okay with a Gheb lynch one way or the other.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
unvote

As you wish <_< been trying to freaking re-read your posts but you keep adding more @_@

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol good stuff EE. I would've been pissed if you guys won the game only by mechanics [the set-up was extremely unbalanced imo]. At least you read through all that shit and came up with all that stuff on your own. Quite impressive. You truly deserve the win.

However, once you read the quicktopic you will see that I actually did not quite understand how the Driver works. I didn't make that one up and the ESL johns was 100% legit too.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
hahahaha go ahead and put your vote back up Nix whoooo

I am on a cloud. I've never been so happy in post-mafia bliss.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I need to learn how to analysis like you did EE, because that really was brilliant....

and yea, i still lean too heavily on mechanics, it is something i brought over EM and something I am slowly working on driving out >_> its a work in progress.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This whole game was quite stressful to play for me though. It was fun for a while, especially when people bought my claim but in the end it was just too much. Being recruited by a mafia, where you are forced to bus half of your buddies is quite is really a huge load of work to win in the end.

If you recruit a player into the mafia - or are mafia with a player - you consider strong, you shouldn't rely too much on him. If you play that way, this is what comes out: The last remaining player suddenly has to deal with the fact that you left a lot of work for him all game, that you never did your job at distancing yourselves from him and that your flips alone can give the town info they shouldn't gain so easily. You will not become good if you don't have the confidence to become good. This is literally the only thing that keeps Swiss / X1-12 from becoming great players. A good player can not do more work than you can - he can only do it better so do what you have to do as good as you can.

Mentos, if you really think it's a good idea to give the town two powerful investigators, a vigilante, a voteblocker, a doctor, a mason recruiter and a bulletproof then there's no justification to not give the mafia a roleblocker. A godfather is not nearly enough to deal with a cop all by himself, especially when there's not even a miller. The driver can't even adequately deal with investigators if the investigator is notified of the switch.

What would've happened if the vig was recruited? Two NKs for the Mafia?
What would've happened if the mason recruiter was recruited? Two recruitments for the mafia?

Sorry, but I sincerely doubt that you've thought about the worst case scenario when creating the set-up. If mafia recruits a vanilla they're ****ed, if they recruit the vig town is ****ed.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote Vote Gheb

Congrats, EE. You've won this game on your own in my eyes. Good play by EP as well. Nix, you have so much potential - I'm glad you're realizing how much good traditional scumhunting will do your play.

Pushing mislynches against that roster was so hard. How do you get Praxis, EP, SC and EE lynched before lylo? Time to step up my game <_<

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And one more thing: I was Darth Revan. It never came down to my nameclaim, strangely enough

Edit @ EE

Yeah there was, it just wasn't official. Some roles have to submit something during the confirmation phase. That's pretty much the "N0"

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Confirmation Stage Actions? What the fuuuuuuck.

Is this a common thing nowadays or is mentos just off his meds or something

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Confirmation Stage Actions? What the fuuuuuuck.

Is this a common thing nowadays or is mentos just off his meds or something
It can be common. (I'm assuming I can post now)

I kept watching this and was reeeeeeally glad you guys didn't fall for Gheb's claim.

I started reading more into Gheb and realized he was scum. Didn't want to recruit him, so I waited.

Ended up bread crumbing Mad Scummy (I have a few posts that spell things like MAS SCUMMY and SCUMMY and MAD SCUM using the first letters and whatnot) for a while, assuming he was scum and willing to sacrifice myself, figuring you guys would figure it out...

Except I didn't get to do my last post.

I got to the game after Mentos had locked it and knew I had to do something or I was going to be a mislynch tomorrow.

Read back, realized I had breacrumbed both Gheb and Mad Scummy and I found both of them to be scum and considered it a win/win situation. Not the best in the world, since I wanted to openly state a few things in my last post, but I figured one way or another you guys would choose ONE of them to kill.

Luckily, Gheb lied in regards to my claim and got himself killed. Would have worked without EE here though.

Here's what really bothered me (aside from me plainly stating I have one investigation):

Mason Recruiter

Cult Recruiter

You know what the difference is?

A cult recruiter can recruit more than one person.

What did I flip.

*slams head into wall repeatedly*

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
A mason recruiter can also recruit more than one player. It's up to the mod if he can actually do that though.

The difference between a mason recruiter and the cult leader is that the cult leader dies when he recruits the miller but lives when he recruits the GF. The mason recruiter works the other way round. Other than that they are the same.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
@Gheb - it's not the first time i realized it, but its something im still working on how to do which is why i tend to fall back onto mechanics more often then not.

@OS - .....Seriously? you remind me of that dude who rick rolled his teacher with a paper by putting the lyrics as the first word on every line

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I honestly would have voted Nix. Seriously, massive GGs to EE.

Also, I ******* mafia D1, woot.

Top Bottom