• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bioware Mafia (ovah)

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I think people forgot about me again....that and i completely forgot what i was thinking for this game -_- long night phases ftl.....
Go back, reread and give us something useful instead of posting this useless fluff.

What was the point of making this post anyway? What does it gain us? What good does it even do you?

You couldn't even take the time to add something of value like asking someone a question or adding an opinion?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@Tan u mad?

Give the man time. He'll reread (hopefully lol).

@RonEEke U MAD?

Kinda get the feeling... you're getting a bit agressive? Jungle should follow through. He just got here lol. And although I agree with you on the Chibo and OS stuff, you don't need to be so hasty lol.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
@Ronike/EE : I pointed out those two things to chibo to show that it is, like you said, a null tell. That's all.

I don't see how RonEEke is being hasty?

Also, i think it's actualy strange that nix wants to be noticed. he generally doesnt just pop in and say something, even if it's completely worthless. Meta, i know, but it's something to think about later.

ronEEke

Ronike|Evil Eye
Jungle, I had every intention of posting that from work, but couldn't because of my phone's limitation. I am letting you know that Bedevere was high on my scum list. He was asked two or three times to just pose a question and his responses were generally along the lines of "Just to be clear, you want me to post a question?" and then disappearing. Not the most pro-town of play, so I'm letting you know that.

@Gordito: I want the P restriction talk to stop because it looked like it was leading to either "OS is clear" or "OS needs to be lynched" over this one thing that has no tell on his allignment at all, and of which discussion will lead nowhere.

After that, What are you even saying?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
@Tan u mad?
Yeah, it's out of game stuff and I'm letting it bleed in. I apologize for that.

Also, I am getting overly worked up that Nix may also have a posting restriction. I don't know anything about Bioware, but would it make sense for Sword's character to insult people or some other thing? Is it in our interest to hunt for tells that way? Posting restrictions are clues right?

I'm inclined to ignore OS's "restriction" because he proclaimed he would give himself one. If it was actually in his character to have that restriction and he said pregame he would make one up, that would be a jerk move.

#HBC | Gorf

@RonEEke Like, when I was reading the post, I can picture you aggrivated. Guess I took it the wrong way.

Okay. I'm sorry that I brought up a discussion about posting restrictions. It REALLY doesn't matter at this point. It's much safer to assume that nobody has a posting restriction.

@Tandora We have no clue if Nix has a posting restriction, and we should disregard it for now.

#HBC | Gorf

EBWOP:

Okay. I'm sorry that I brought up a discussion about posting restrictions. It REALLY doesn't matter at this point. It's much safer to assume that nobody has a posting restriction. That way we can actually do some scum hunting, rather than watch out for posting restrictions.
Fix'd.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Also about the BBR thing; i think it's pretty obvious that Praxis is at least an observant and smart player even by what we've seen this game. I think that just because of his actions in the BBR that someone on the BBR is scum is a bit of a stretch. I dunno tho, i guess i'd have ot see that game
I agree with this. To OS's point on it being a BBR member who killed Praxis - maybe, maybe not. I don't think you can infer that it is any more likely. It's even possible scum wants us to think that, so someone like OS will make that conclusion. Especially considering Praxis (on AIM) kept posting over and over again how he always dies on day 1, so it's plausible Mafia did kill him day 1 thinking that BBR members will think only they are the ones who knew that and start suspecting each other. It can go either way, but it's an interesting and useful point to bring up right now..so yeah, I think ronEEke is right that it doesn't mean much now, but can help us nail the coffin in situations late this game.

Jungle, you have large shoes to fill, so get to it. Bedevere was pretty **** anti-town with his direct avoidance of contributing. You've gotta work your way up from a scummy position in my mind.
I was going to point the same thing out here. Right now I'm still suspicious of Jungle/Sir Bedevere. Just because he's replaced someone, doesn't get him off the leash. I absolutely abhorr it when someone is heavy under fire and considered scummy, then they get replaced and everyone treats the replacement witha fresh slate. No, it doesn't work that way. The person playing that role has exhibited scummy behavior, and them replacing out doesn't decrease the chances that they were scum. Jungle I know its not your fault but your really high atop my lists of suspects for scum. I called out Sir Bedevere early in Day 1 for only contributing when his name was called, and I hope not to see this kind of behavior from you. I know that Soviet Coffee noticed the same things about you too.

Right now Dr Riddler's posts are both annoying and completely confusing. Seriously dude, with posts like "I don't remember what I thought about this game" and "I could sworn you was dead" you aren't being very useful, yet you are showing that you have the time and availability to be active. It's not even just about pressure as Gorditoboy pointed out, but to me its the fact that have the time to contribute but try to pass in posts without taking real stances or making connections with other players that I don't like.

I still can't get a grasp on Overswarm, and when I can't get a grasp on someone, it makes me feel like they are playing a smart scum game. Still these are just small gut feelings and I don't have much else to go on..

With all that being said, I'd like some answers from Nix, who hasnt' hit much pressure yet today, but also posted but didn't contribute. The same type of behavior Riddler has, but he's largely dodged conviction for it, so I'd like to ask you a few questions:

1) What's your take on the swords flip
2) what do you think about Dr riddler's play?

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
Riddler boiiii - where u @? What u thinkin'? Howzit feel to be alive D2?

Looks like a lotta ppl commentin' on 'omg i mite think dis..which means i might think dis!' not mad useful.

Jungle gogogogogogogo scum case - who issit? Got mah vote prepped n' primed ta bandwaggon that scummy mofo ya nail us. Better be quick, it's got a time limit! gogogogogogogogo

Gonna be honest with ya here Nix, posting about how "lol i aint useful gaiz!" isn't always conducive to a long and fruitful life. Step it up or step off.

BBR seemsta be distractin some ppl. Non BBR peeps dunno wat ta do, so y'all should waggon Riddler.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah, it's out of game stuff and I'm letting it bleed in. I apologize for that.

Also, I am getting overly worked up that Nix may also have a posting restriction. I don't know anything about Bioware, but would it make sense for Sword's character to insult people or some other thing? Is it in our interest to hunt for tells that way? Posting restrictions are clues right?

I'm inclined to ignore OS's "restriction" because he proclaimed he would give himself one. If it was actually in his character to have that restriction and he said pregame he would make one up, that would be a jerk move.
HK-47 had a dislike for humans and thus would insult them with little quips everytime he came around.

@Mad Scummy: Not feelin The Riddler at the moment. He's been around but I feel like he hasn't done too much. I need to go back and look at all his posts because i don't like that he doesn't stand out in a game where, well, alot of people are standing out to me in terms of content.

You guys post a lot of stuff, makes it hard to remember who said what :(

eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe--

S.O.L.I.D.|guus
I feel like we need to put the possible posting restrictions to the side. They really don't help us do anything, because anyone can have a post restriction, depending on the game. It really doesn't help us.

The fact that OS (I think) suspects BBR killed Praxis is a bit too WIFOMy to me.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
@Tandora - =P The point was to make sure people didn't actually forget about me and yea >_> was planning on that re-read already.

@Jungle - Those questions are aimed at me, but your more then welcome to answer them to ^_^

@Pieces - I wasn't all that shocked at the HK role, considering he did post his questions as queries...though after awhile I sort of assumed he was doing it for fun since his entire post didnt really follow the HK dialogue....meatbag XD...I was shocked by the town flip...if he wasn't scum I at the least expected him to be some sort of indy role.....

As for Riddle...I'll get back to you on that one -_- freaking hate Hydras, a pain to get a read on them with 2 different people posting.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
As far as I am concerned, OS gave himself a posting restriction. Also, what is the likelihood we'll have TWO town players with posting restrictions. I've never played with a posting restriction, would everyone have one, would most people of a certain type have it?
Dwelling on posting restrictions is pointless. Just distracts town imo

FoS Riddler

You're under mad heat, and decide to make fillers? How 'bout ya add sum more content, eh?
Lol my bad, I didn't even see this post when I posted yesterday. Can't say I was very sober

Ain't finna slide. When can i expect to be readin up on yo shiz?
i'm rereadin now.

Go back, reread and give us something useful instead of posting this useless fluff.

What was the point of making this post anyway? What does it gain us? What good does it even do you?

You couldn't even take the time to add something of value like asking someone a question or adding an opinion?
Do you call everyone out for fluff or is it just specific people?

Also, i think it's actualy strange that nix wants to be noticed. he generally doesnt just pop in and say something, even if it's completely worthless. Meta, i know, but it's something to think about later.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Reword it?

Also, I didn't find it strange at all. Doesn't scum generally not wanna be noticed?

Right now Dr Riddler's posts are both annoying and completely confusing. Seriously dude, with posts like "I don't remember what I thought about this game" and "I could sworn you was dead" you aren't being very useful, yet you are showing that you have the time and availability to be active. It's not even just about pressure as Gorditoboy pointed out, but to me its the fact that have the time to contribute but try to pass in posts without taking real stances or making connections with other players that I don't like.
I apologize for the random posting, I do that sometimes. I do think you are overreacting however/blowing things out of proportion. Do you really think that I post pointless crap in order to go under the radar and avoid making connections/taking stances? It's not like i'm pretending to talk about the game.

I really do forget my thoughts on this game. I was planning on rereading my post from the end of the last day just to jog my memory but i've yet to do that.

Riddler boiiii - where u @? What u thinkin'? Howzit feel to be alive D2?

Looks like a lotta ppl commentin' on 'omg i mite think dis..which means i might think dis!' not mad useful.
Why wouldn't I be alive?

I don't get the second part of the quote

HK-47 had a dislike for humans and thus would insult them with little quips everytime he came around.

@Mad Scummy: Not feelin The Riddler at the moment. He's been around but I feel like he hasn't done too much. I need to go back and look at all his posts because i don't like that he doesn't stand out in a game where, well, alot of people are standing out to me in terms of content.
lol

I didn't realize so many people were suspicious of me.

vote: junglefever for now and lack of a better candidate.

I think gordito is town.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
@Riddler:

It's all meta on Nix, but usually he doesn't just pop out and quip, which i feel like he's done alot of this game. He generally only comes out when called upon. It's just a feeling

#HBC | Gorf

I feel like we need to put the possible posting restrictions to the side. They really don't help us do anything, because anyone can have a post restriction, depending on the game. It really doesn't help us.
Way to parrot under pressure?

Oh, and Riddler, most is forgiven (assuming you get that read in, lol)

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
Journal Entry, September 13th, 5:24 p.m.

Was a long Night. Thought I'd be friends with Praxis toDay, but scum thought otherwise. Figured he was the most obvious town player here. Guess scum thought so too.

Not liking that death at all. Scum's strategy seems to be to put us in a wifom scenario as the game goes on. Call it a hunch. Scum can only do three general strategies, and killing off the obvious town to put the game in a wifom trap every day is one of the strongest. Much different than framing people, the weakest, or going after people that they think are "on to them", which leaves a trail. I suspect we have at least one strong scum player here.

1. Goomba! (Tom/Gheb_01 hydra)
2. eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe-- (Guus/Vrael hydra)
3. SwordsRBroken
4. Dr. Riddler (Macman/Riddle hydra)
5. The_Guide
6. Soviet Coffee(AdumbroDeus/Shaya hydra)
7. Edreesespieces
8. Praxis
9. Overswarm
10. ChiboSempai
11. swordgard Nix2100
12. Sir Bedevere
13. Mad Scummy (Swiss/X1-12 hydra)
14. GorditoBoy69
15. Tandora

So many hydras, that doesn't narrow it down. ****.

Vote: SovietCoffee

Wouldn't be surprised if a BBR member wanted to off Praxis; Praxis is intelligent and knows their play. I'll go on that tangent for now.

I think I want an explanation as to who we should go after toDay from ChiboSempai and SovietCoffee. Mostly SovietCoffee.

I wonder if Goomba wants to be friends?
Did everyone really think he was the most townie? I mean he was ok, but he didn't jump out as super-town especially considering that he played quite similar in FF4 mafia, beyond posting less, but I had a null tell on him overall. Hmmm, reletive to the rest of the game maybe due to the fact that there were very few stand-out townies.

Your "BBR hunch" is rather non-sensical considering that he only had one game day in our game (not counting your new one since it just started yesterday and barely got out of RVS). He had the same amount of play in this game, and played MxC from day 3 to 7, if anything dgamers should have more expirience with him, unless you have a read on anybody specific, do you?

It's because he misspelled Edreeses name pretty bad lol

OS' standpoint on a BBR member potentially being the one that killed Praxis is a very very good idea. Players in dGames don't know as much about him. Players in the BBR know how Praxis is a good player and the whole situation in FF4 mafia.

The odd thing about this is a BBR member suggesting this (though it does take one to know one really, and I am one myself), however I'm hesitant at putting OS on fire due to his posting restriction. No average Vanilla Townie is going to have a posting restriction, and more often than not scum do not have posting restrictions. I'm not clearing him at all, but saying that OS shouldn't be the direction we go in yet.

So yes, I do want to follow what OS is suggesting. It's a good lead imo.

The remaining BBR players are:

-Overswarm (already discussed him)

-Myself

-Soviet Coffee (hydra composed of both BBR members) - Being a role with more than one BBR member is dangerous if we follow in this line of thought. A single BBR member might not really think like oh yea Praxis, get rid of him. However if two BBR members are discussing things (and I know Adumbrodeus is chatty and discusses a lot about mafia and such) I wouldn't be surprised if they went over each player in the game, and discussed more about the ones they are more familiar with (other BBR members)

-Edreese - Another BBR member and another possibility. The difference between other BBR members and Edreese dealing with Praxis in this game is that Edreese and Praxis are good friends (but we're all good friends with Praxis though :)). I could see Edreese moreso than other potential BBR scum keeping Praxis around to play a WIFOM situation based off of what I just said and wanting to possible keep him around to buddy up.

And uhh... that's it for BBR members. So yea, I more or less agree with OS's idea of looking into BBR members, and that's my full explanation for it. If I had to choose one of them as well it would be Soviet Coffee.
When OS said it, it was a hunch.

So without any supporting evidence or even considering whether it made any sense, you restated it, not as a hunch, but instead instead as if it was something already proven and used it to build a case on people.

Heck, it not like your analysis assuming that makes sense, it's easy to check and see that I have more expirience with dgames then BBR because this is my 5th dgames game and I've only played 3 BBR games. Granted, I've ran into Praxis a fair number of times, but overall dgames would have a lot more influence on my play then BBR stuff (especially since you should know that I follow a reasonable amount of games I'm not involved in).

Your case is overreaching and BS.

So yes OS, I will answer your question.

We should go after chibo.

vote: vVv ChiboSempai

Now Chibo, do you have any contribution that's not completely unsupported or 100% wiform? Who's scum? Why?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, September 14th, 2:06

I believe Chibo is town, currently. I spoke out on a hunch and he went along with it, but I doubt he meant it as harm. I still feel my hunch has merit. This makes me suspect EdreesesPieces and Soviet Coffee more, but nothing concrete. It'd be foolish to lynch someone off of such a small gamble, so I merely have my eye on them. I dislike how Edrees is so middle of the pack, but that is also the norm for him. I dislike the improvements to Adumbrodeus' play, but this could be the Hydra influence of Shaya making me see a variety that isn't there. Can't do anything about that either.

I'm going to ignore it for now. But I will watch them and review their history here when I have more information.

There's a scum hiding somewhere here. Lurking near the bottom.

I'm going to ask a series of questions, and they will be answered individually by those I ask, and only by those I ask. I'll keep a list here so I don't forget, I'll write more when they've all been answered.

GorditoBoy

If you were a doctor, who would you protect tonight?

What did you think of Soviet Coffee's response to Chibo?

What is Nix's most useful post? (click search, then advanced, then search by his username to see a list of all his posts)

Cheesecake

Who do you think Praxis thought was scum?

Who do you think Praxis thought was town?

Do you think Riddler is leaning town or scum?

Nix2100

Do you think I'm town or scum?

What did you think of Chibo's response to my hunch?

What do you think of Goomba! ?

Hopefully that'll clear up a few things for me.

#HBC | Gorf

@Overswarm

I'm not too sure... I mean, Praxis didn't seem like the perfect protect target in D1 to me. He seemed pro town, but not the most. I'm personally liking Goomba!s and Mad Scummys play in particular as of right now. I'd say theyre pretty helpful to town. But ultimately, it would depend on what happens the rest of the Day.

As for Soviet Coffee's reaction? I didn't like it. Chibo came off, to me, as agreeing with you, and elaborating on possible reasons and connections. And hell, even EP said that it was a decent hunch iirc. When Soviet gave his stance on it, he seemed to just want to dismiss it and ride on a relatively popular wagon. I mean, I wouldn't have disliked his reaction so much if he didn't vote him.

@Soviet Coffee do you find Chibo scummy, or do you just not like his elaboration of OS' post? If you do find him SCUMMY, can you tell me why?

I'll get on the Nix question right now (gotta find out how to do all that crap :p).

#HBC | Gorf

All it gives me when I search up his name is a bunch of threads in Dgames. I don't know how to, if there's any way, search up all of his posts. I'll just do it the long way -_-.

#HBC | Gorf

I'm Efficient? Since When? XD

I have slightly kept up with the game since someone always replaces out Day 1 so I'm not really that far behind, Heading to work then class so I will have time to get my thoughts together before posting later tonight.
Did you even read Goomba's post? He was making fun of OS practically.....

@Mad Scummy - Why do you think the journal entries are a scum tactic?...and again same as Tandora, did you read, let alone get what Goomba's post was?

@Goomba - Why are people saying your being aggresive? >_> If you asked me I'd say you are playing somewhat passively compared to who your a hybrid of, maybe thats just me.

@Swords - Your Queries amuse me, why not keep all your postings as HK? =P

People seem bugged by Overswarms posting styles...Im thinking you need something better to poke at as it's probably something he is doing for fun. I recall Virg (I think?) doing something similar with Haiku, and while he almost got lynched for it a couple times he was quite Town =P

I also feel like I am missing something important here -_- Posting this in class, I'll see if I can find it before posting again Tonight, I know there were a couple questions asked of swordgard that people wanted me to answer so I'll get to those tonight as well, If there is something else you all wanted me to look at, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Sorry Goomba =P Marshy was complaining about my avatar so I was searching for a new one, that was like the first one that showed up and I couldn't help but laugh, it's so great.
Hydras are such a pain to try to get a read on -_- Astronomy labs are keeping me up late at night and I have to get up like 4 hours later for classes so my comprehension of whats being said and what im remembering is not very good =S

What I do feel though is that I agree with what some people are saying about Chibo, Guide and Cheese, so I won't bother repeating that...

Praxis and Tandora are giving town-vibes for me...and It's actually a little hard to get a read on OS with his journals because well...its just...weird.

Edreeses, Sir and Swords are kind of under the radar for me -_-

Honestly...this was mostly just a post to get my stances out there and I most definitely need to do a re-read when I get more sleep this weekend -_-
@Swords - Why would it matter how many votes Guide has on him? You said you were fine with lynching him so.....?
You go a entire week with less then 4 hours of sleep a day and see how well you do with your thought process -_- throw in getting the flu from a bunch of idiots on campus and yea >_>

You calling ME the most useless is kind of making me laugh, as I have at least posted, I've given my stances, I'm doing what I can, it's how i usually play Day 1, if people don't bother me enough I usually don't post that often, I'm doing slightly better then I usual do but *shrug*

So I'm curious Chibo - If I am the most useless player here, whats Guide?
Nix has the flu -_- short post incoming! and a prod dodge, no lies.

With the extended deadline there's no need to bandwagon on Guide as he will either start being active or replaced with another hydra -_- yay?

Im still amused Chibo has his vote on me after his attempt to get me lynched >_>

Almost forgot what I was saying there.....Nope...I forgot it -_- Going back to bed before medicine runs off..
*blink*

Are you talking about the same thing? >_> Cause if Overswarm was running it and he is saying he doesn't even remember it that way.....Lynch all Liars?

On another note...I don't like that last line Overswarm, are you saying you don't care who gets lynched? No Lynch? With all thats happened lately you don't have any suspects on who is scum? What happened to your suspicions on Goomba?

On a Final Note =P Flu is going away, still a bit out of it but I should be up and running in another day or two.
Hey OS that's some nice posting you be doing in Mario kart, how bout putting that much effort here?
Wasnt talking about what was happening in the other game, more along the lines that he is putting a lot more into his posts there then here.

L2read yourself.
@OS - You have a vote on Gordito, your not going to attempt to push his lynch? throw on some pressure to make him slip? What about your Goomba suspicions?
Whats wrong OS? Getting frustrated? you didnt exactly post in a "journal entry" this time...and btw....I think that was the hammer
I think people forgot about me again....that and i completely forgot what i was thinking for this game -_- long night phases ftl.....
@Tandora - =P The point was to make sure people didn't actually forget about me and yea >_> was planning on that re-read already.

@Jungle - Those questions are aimed at me, but your more then welcome to answer them to ^_^

@Pieces - I wasn't all that shocked at the HK role, considering he did post his questions as queries...though after awhile I sort of assumed he was doing it for fun since his entire post didnt really follow the HK dialogue....meatbag XD...I was shocked by the town flip...if he wasn't scum I at the least expected him to be some sort of indy role.....

As for Riddle...I'll get back to you on that one -_- freaking hate Hydras, a pain to get a read on them with 2 different people posting.
Yep. I took my time to search the whole thread and look up Nix's posts. I'm a boss.

Of the posts I found, it seems like he was at least trying to help out, just not doing a great job at it. I didn't mind his play D1, till the end. From the end of D1, to now, I find him to be super useless. Like, he's intentionally posting fluff. I'd like to hear more from him, for sure.

As for his most useful post...

Hydras are such a pain to try to get a read on -_- Astronomy labs are keeping me up late at night and I have to get up like 4 hours later for classes so my comprehension of whats being said and what im remembering is not very good =S

What I do feel though is that I agree with what some people are saying about Chibo, Guide and Cheese, so I won't bother repeating that...

Praxis and Tandora are giving town-vibes for me...and It's actually a little hard to get a read on OS with his journals because well...its just...weird.

Edreeses, Sir and Swords are kind of under the radar for me -_-

Honestly...this was mostly just a post to get my stances out there and I most definitely need to do a re-read when I get more sleep this weekend -_-
I'd have to say this one. It gives his views about almost everyone. But... too bad he didn't get that reread in -_-.

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
I haven't liked chibo from early on, and his response seemed to be a safe way to pretend to contribute without actually contribute at best, and a way to build a BS case at worst. Chibo isn't the best player around here, but he should've been able to recognize that it was at best a component at a read on a player (which note that I specifically asked OS about) and not a line of thought that could be pursued on it's own.

But if somebody pointed out it was BS he just gets off as saying "I was expanding on OS' idea, and can easily shift the blame to OS". So in essence, it was too safe, added nothing, but looked like a contribution which allows him to blend in.

Considering his non-existance for d1 (while STILL being on smashboards and posting quite a bit), then his lack of substantative contributions throughout the entire game and he reminds me very much of a scum trying to blend in so he can survive, I said as much yesterday and all he's done so far is make me more convinced that I was correct in that impression.

Considering that I was pushing for Chibo's lynch up until the end yesterday, I find your accusation of it being an "easy bandwagon jump" a little odd. Starting a bandwagon on the easy target maybe, but chibo seems legit scummy as opposed to anti-town.

@OS, my major objection was how wide the focus was an how little there was to actually support that particular variation, as I said, component in a read, yes, but not something to build a case on like Chibo set up for, and you should narrow what you're looking for down to something that actually makes sense. For example (and I know that this could be applied against me) one legitimate variation of this might be considered is that two people in this game were scummates with praxis, and it's possible that one of those people is scum and was afraid that Praxis would read their scum play due to expirience.

As I said, this isn't a case, but as a component in a read, maybe.

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
@Gordito: Is Nix the play? if not then who is? your post #462 doesn't really actually say much, would you care to expand some more?

@Soviet Coffee, in #463 you just said its not a case against Chibo, just part of a read. Should we still be going after him?

@Cheezecake: Are you gonna contribute yeah?? who's da scum?

hmm, thas all for now, I got my eye on Chibo though

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
Ninja'd, that "part of a read" was in reference to what OS said (the BBR thing, and my expansion on it), not my case against Chibo.

As far as Chibo himself, it's enough to make him my prefered lynch, but right now I want him to talk more so he can either show that he's probably town if I'm wrong or dig himself into a deeper hole if I'm right. He's avoided asking scumhunting questions, posts a lot of fluff, and has avoided taking hard stances whenever possible.

If he keeps going the way he's going he should be lynched though.

#HBC | Gorf

Fair enough.

I don't really see his elaboration as an easy way to "shift the blame to OS". If he tries something like that, smart players should be able to catch it and act on it.

Lmao, if Chibo DOES try to shift the blame, I'll let you I-told-you-so me.

#HBC | Gorf

Nix, not really. He's more on the useless side of the spectrum. There's more scummy players, like Expired, trying to avoid pressure. Oh, and Riddler (thanks for giving that reread (not even a bit, come on Riddler.)) I copy pasted all of his posts just to show all of his posts. Nothing else lol.

eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe--

S.O.L.I.D.|guus
Way to parrot under pressure?

Oh, and Riddler, most is forgiven (assuming you get that read in, lol)
Funny, I sure didn't see any pressure on me. I know it was said already, but people were still discussing it and I don't feel that it has a place here.

Journal Entry, September 14th, 2:06

Cheesecake

Who do you think Praxis thought was scum?
Based on his posts, it seems as though Swords and Riddler were on the top of his list.

I put Riddler on the top of my scum list way back here:

And he never replied, so I never took him off of the list. SwordsRBroken just had a scummy breakdown and managed to eclipse him. But I'm not going to drop my questions just because he never answered them, even if they weren't really scumtells.
But as he said Riddler was mainly on his scum list because of his inactivity as opposed to his play. Late D1 he seemed mainly focused on Swords.

Who do you think Praxis thought was town?
He didn't seem to have any problems with Edrees. Though considering that they're friends, I'd prefer we take that with a grain of salt. Though Praxis seems to be a good player, so I don't think he'd let it influence him. Can't be sure. Other than saying that he was having a "hard time getting a feel" for his playstyle (379) I didn't see anything negative directed at Edrees, unless I'm stupid and missed something. In the same post (379, that is) he says he's not FoSing Edrees, tells me he didn't have a problem with that.

Do you think Riddler is leaning town or scum?
Leaning town for me, but I'd like more content before I make a concrete stance on him. When he decides to post, his

Mad Scummy said:
@Cheezecake: Are you gonna contribute yeah?? who's da scum?
Mm, not so sure at this point. NK doesn't give us a great amount of info to deal with, I like to wait for the day to progress a bit before coming to conclusions about that. If I had to give you a name I'd say maybe Chibo. I don't know if this is his normal playstyle or what. He came in full of excuses, I prefer content to that, especially when you come in like halfway through the day having posted next to nothing. I'll see how today goes with him. Not confident enough with him to throw a vote on at this point.

Nix it seems a lot of your posts are full of excuses, how about you ditch that and start adding more. Mind posting that reread?

@ OS you said you have a hunch there's a "strong scum player" here, care to expand on this? I understand why you're saying it, but I'd like to know if you have an idea who it is.

eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe--

S.O.L.I.D.|guus
Oh **** I completely forgot to finish my though on Riddler.

In a nutshell, when he decides to post content it's not terrible, but he needs to post content more often. Too much fluff and random one liners at this point in the game. I'd like to see more from him.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Waaaaait a minute here. You were shocked he flipped town - but yet, you didn't even vote for him Yesterday! The final votecount shows that you didn't vote for anyone. And IIRC, you didn't give him a vote once So just to summarize what's going on here: You were so sure that Swords was scum that you were "shocked" (in your own words) that he flipped town, and yet despite this conviction of him being scum you didn't care to vote for him ever? If you were sick and couldn't participate and vote, that's one thing - but if you couldn't participate and vote and keep up, why is it that you were shocked he flipped town? You should have had no expectation since you couldn't follow the game. Something seems strongly amiss with that. What's everyone else think of this little incongruity?

He didn't seem to have any problems with Edrees. Though considering that they're friends, I'd prefer we take that with a grain of salt. Though Praxis seems to be a good player, so I don't think he'd let it influence him. Can't be sure. Other than saying that he was having a "hard time getting a feel" for his playstyle (379) I didn't see anything negative directed at Edrees, unless I'm stupid and missed something. In the same post (379, that is) he says he's not FoSing Edrees, tells me he didn't have a problem with that.
Way to commit to a clear, concise answer. "He thought Edrees was town..but no wait, they are friends. But yeah wait that doesn't matter. But oh no, wait, it does" Maybe it's just nothing, but I don't understand why you felt the need to explain this one so much. Trying to prevent someone from seeing any possible holes in your well, carefully thought out answer perhaps? Ehh maybe it's nothing but this rings a bell with me as your answer seems so carefully planned, maybe a little too much for a simple question. FoS: Expired Cheezcake

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I haven't liked chibo from early on, and his response seemed to be a safe way to pretend to contribute without actually contribute at best, and a way to build a BS case at worst. Chibo isn't the best player around here, but he should've been able to recognize that it was at best a component at a read on a player (which note that I specifically asked OS about) and not a line of thought that could be pursued on it's own.

But if somebody pointed out it was BS he just gets off as saying "I was expanding on OS' idea, and can easily shift the blame to OS". So in essence, it was too safe, added nothing, but looked like a contribution which allows him to blend in.
I don't see how it's not contributing since I completely expanded on the idea. Not just saying, oh hey I agree, no - I discussed each of the players of the group, discussed possible connections, and came to a conclusion.

Don't appreciate how you're trying to discredit me as a player.

By me saying I agree with the line of thought and expanding on it, I am a part of it as well. If someone thinks it is BS, then come out and say it and I will defend my stance on it and not go lol well OS started it - because anyone in the right mind would point out my support of it if I tried to wiggle out.

---

Mad Scummy, what's your opinion of all the BBR business?

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
BBRetarded.

There's a lot of hatin' on you, even from this hydra - step it up.

*blah blah skimmed a bit 'cuz reach came out yesterday*

Soviet you're a mixed bag for me - like how you also nailed Swords as dumb town (parroting me amirite?) but wtf is all this Chibo hate for (mighta dropped it off now *skimmin'*) doesn't ring true to me.

Riddler, yet again, I missed your stances.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you don't like it then why were you more or less ignoring it and talking with the rest of the game here?

BBR seemsta be distractin some ppl. Non BBR peeps dunno wat ta do, so y'all should waggon Riddler.
No Reach johns when you're a hydra composed of two players.

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
I don't see how it's not contributing since I completely expanded on the idea. Not just saying, oh hey I agree, no - I discussed each of the players of the group, discussed possible connections, and came to a conclusion.

Don't appreciate how you're trying to discredit me as a player.

By me saying I agree with the line of thought and expanding on it, I am a part of it as well. If someone thinks it is BS, then come out and say it and I will defend my stance on it and not go lol well OS started it - because anyone in the right mind would point out my support of it if I tried to wiggle out.

---

Ok, so defend it (and no cop-outs like taking my new question, the original idea that you supported), I posted a legit attack on it, defend it please.

Now you can't cause I pointed it out, but if somebody really attacked the idea, that gave you an easy cop-out to avoid the brunt of the backlash. You're too safe, and I don't like it at all.

I don't like that when I say you're making scummy plays and you're framing it as an attack on you personally, the entire reason that I'm suggesting that you're scum as opposed to dumb is that you're competent enough that I don't believe you'd just do this unless it was strategic, I've seen you play too smart for that. Nice attempt to reframe as an ad hominem.

How have I avoided taking hard stances?
You avoided taking stances as individuals as scummy or lynch targets except when pushed hard.

And you still haven't done any real scumhunting.

*blah blah skimmed a bit 'cuz reach came out yesterday*

Soviet you're a mixed bag for me - like how you also nailed Swords as dumb town (parroting me amirite?) but wtf is all this Chibo hate for (mighta dropped it off now *skimmin'*) doesn't ring true to me.
Essentially he seems to be attempting to be as forgettable as possible and just blend, everything he's done so far is way too safe for my tastes.

If you don't like it then why were you more or less ignoring it and talking with the rest of the game here?

No Reach johns when you're a hydra composed of two players.
Better.

Top Bottom