• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bioware Mafia (ovah)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, September 19th, 9:27 a.m.

Dr. Riddler has intrigued me. While researching Edrees' question, I think I've stumbled upon a friend, as it appears Dr. Riddler is exactly the kind of townie I'd want to hold hands with if my assumption is correct. I dare not write my assumption down, lest others discover it. I'll have to wait. Maybe tomorrow?
Carefulness is the name of the game today. Only a Day has passed here, but people are already making camps with one another. Pitiful display of makeshift progress.

You can't stand firm in situations like this. You need to be mobile. If you are stuck on one person this early in the game, you will merely create a false trail. We need ample reasoning, from everyone, prior to a lynch. If you don't have ample reasoning, don't join it. Post out your reasoning! To do otherwise leaves you to answer the questions after the fact; a dangerous game. We need to put the onus of proof on scum. If they want to help lynch a townie, they need to have said exactly why they should be lynched and put themselves up for scrutiny.

Expired Cheesecake and Nix.... I think I'm going to ignore both for now. It's all wifom, and I will let others do the work for me.

Adumbrodeus is again being hard headed. He must know by now it is not who is right, but what is right; he takes attacks against him as a personal attack. It happens as both scum and town, but his play this game has reminded me more of his scum play than town play. Maybe because Shaya is helping him? I haven't seen much of Shaya here.

I don't think scum Adumbrodeus would be so foolish to attack a Gheb/Tom hydra head on in the way he is doing, but there it is. Could he be so cocky? Or perhaps he just thinks it is legitimate and is town. I'm not sure, but I'm more confident Goomba! is town than Soviet Coffee is. I feel that Goomba! is playing a strong town game and is likely making himself a power player due to lack of a special ability on his own; Gheb and Tom are both extraordinarily quiet when they have a power role so as to not kill themselves early.

Interestingly, there are quite a few power players here. I'll have to keep my eye on them. Good scum knows who to kill.

Adumbrodeus' play isn't helping. I'm interested in seeing the back and forth between him and Goomba! expand, but I can already tell everyone that it is going to make Adumbrodeus look scummy. It always does.

I see Tandora as our leader for toDay. Whoever Tandora goes after, I will go after, assuming there is sufficient reasoning. Tandora is the strongest and most confident amongst us, and this implies a great boon to town or a scum player confident dancing around the game because they have more information than we do. It is important to make this distinction early, so I would like to hear more from Tandora. Much more.

I'll have one simple question for Tandora:

Tandora, who is the play toDay and why? Quote posts for evidence.

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
Let me ask you this OS, "why?"

I'm not unwilling to switch positions if I'm legitimately wrong, but frankly his case against me smells and his decision to unvote because of what should be a scumtell without adressing my points suggests that he's attempting to use it as an easy way to wiggle out of my case.

So, it's not that he's wrong it's the way he's going about it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, September 19th, 11:20 a.m.

So, it's not that he's wrong it's the way he's going about it.
Adumbrodeus, again, has confirmed my judgement. To him it's not what is right, but who is right.

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
Journal Entry, September 19th, 11:20 a.m.

Adumbrodeus, again, has confirmed my judgement. To him it's not what is right, but who is right.
*sigh*

That he's wrong doesn't matter that much, what matters is that he's going about it in a scummy way.

None of my argument against him centered around him being wrong per say, just doing scummy things.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tan that post managed to lack any substance. OS asked you for names, albeit in hypothetical situations, yet you answered with method. *Dislike*
Method is how I play. I realize it didn't directly answer his question, but I felt that if I tried to give a BS answer, it would hurt me more than giving an honest one.

I disagree with this a lot.
I've seen a handful of day 1 buses go down. Overswarm bussed kirbyo day 1 in MXC Mafia for instance. Day 2 really isn't THAT much different either so you can look at some of them like I believe Rockin was voting kirbyo in Sonic Mafia.

But here's the kicker - scum like to bus partners if they feel they are playing bad because it makes it an easy target, the team doesn't lose THAT much by losing a sub par player, and it's very key to note that MANY MANY people (if not everyone) thought I played very poorly day 1. See what I'm getting at?
I understand my stance wasn't 100% foolproof, which is why I included "it is less likely" in my statement. Just because scum do bus their partners doesn't mean they always do.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
@ mod, Jungle hasn't posted since 9/15. Roneeke hasn't posted since 9/16.

I have no strong scum reads as of now, but you took the words out of my mouth about Soviet Coffee. I was just about to make a post about his lack of actual contributions when I read yours. I'd be down with a Coffee lynch if he doesn't step it up himself.

Other than that, Chibo and Guide have both been inactive and I'd be fine with either lynch, though preferably Chibo; as has been said, he's pretty much been avoiding this game, whereas Guide appears to be legitimately inactive (hasn't been on since the 30th).
This post by Sir Bedevere stood out to me a lot when I was doing a reread to respond to OS's question of who to lynch. He claims to have no strong reads, but Goomba took the words out of his mouth about SC? Then he goes on to try to lynch Chibo. That seems a bit weird.

Both Sir Bedevere/Junglefever have barely as well as the_guide/ronEEke. Even the replacements haven't posted much.

This post is just downright hypocritical:
Jungle, you have large shoes to fill, so get to it. Bedevere was pretty **** anti-town with his direct avoidance of contributing. You've gotta work your way up from a scummy position in my mind.

Chibo, seriously, you need to post more today, no excuses. Otherwise, you on my list as well.
I am still doing a read through, but after over an hour and a half of reading, I need a break. Still have a few more players to analyze. In the meantime, I expect posts (WITH CONTENT) from our inactives.

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
OS, in a game where you [can] expect players to be competent, it is the small things and over all tendancies that give rise to a personally justified bonified scum read.
So "foolish" to attack a Gheb/Tom hydra head on? Let me ponder that for another time - you should remember such a statement.

Methodical play styles, much like your own, can be replicated. Being strong and aggressive is as such, and you (or anyone) ignoring the indiscrepencies based on this sets you up for bias (somewhat like reverse tunnelling?) that could lose the game for town. You seem to be setting yourself up to ignore wrongs because you think the person that is being campaigned against is legitimate. I see that more as a naive towny than a scum thought process though.

eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe--

S.O.L.I.D.|guus
Stupid question. Why would you want to know who sticks out as town to me when I already mentioned more than 5 players that I'm OK with dead [which isn't that common]. What would be the benefit for you to know this? I can't see a town-allingned reason to ask such a question; the only thing it'll do is to tell you whom I trust which paints targets on ppls backs for the mafia.

:goomba:

You mentioned that there were multiple people that you dislike, I wanted to see if there was anyone that you actually liked. It's easy to say "oh i dont like him i dont like him i dont like him either and i really dont like him," I wanted to see if there's anyone you do like.

So, who do you think is scum? Anyone beyond your "I guess scummy" read on Chibo?

Who do you think is town?
Scum:

I feel Nix is useless overall. He's made maybe one or two good posts, but aside from that they've been full off fluff and excuses. Then, when I put on a vote and asked him to explain a fairly simple thing, he didn't, and then went on about how my reasoning was bad, etc. A simple explanation was all that was required, I really don't see why he couldn't do that. I've never played with him before, so I don't know if he's perpetually useless or what.

I don't like Chibo for reasons stated above.

Town:

Tandora is good in my book. Hasn't done anything inherently scummy, has been a help to town all game.

Journal Entry, September 19th, 9:27 a.m.

I see Tandora as our leader for toDay. Whoever Tandora goes after, I will go after, assuming there is sufficient reasoning. Tandora is the strongest and most confident amongst us, and this implies a great boon to town or a scum player confident dancing around the game because they have more information than we do. It is important to make this distinction early, so I would like to hear more from Tandora. Much more.
Do you think it's a good idea to blatantly follow people? What possible negatives could come out of that? Positives? In games I've played with you, you seem to normally be pretty strong willed, I find it interesting that you're letting someone else influence your thoughts to the point that you're just going to follow their every action.

@Chibo

When I put Swords at L-1, I knew he was going to die. But after his claim and all, it would have been nice to see what he had to say before he died. OS hammered pretty far before the deadline.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
Addittionally, pretending OMGUS is something else IS a scumtell,
can you explain this a little more?

also I'm completely down with a Jungle lynch. I've been wondering why my thoughts on him never evolved, and that's clearly cuz he hasn't been posting. (thanks tanny) So yea, he can die.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I don't even know how to answer this. What do you actually want me to do "backing my crap up"?
You're calling 8/12 alive players useless. What makes you think they're so useless, and yes, I'm asking for all 8.

I was OK with D1 OS - not holding hands material but solid enough to have a positive impression of him. Truth to be told, toDay he hasn't playing like this at all but I think I understand the idea behind it [although I don't like it]. He should def. come back and play like D1.

I thought Tandora was rather consistent and with the exception of the FoS earlier I never had any issues with her. I don't really know how her though and sometimes I rely more on meta than people think. I wonder though - do you disagree with my read on Tandora or do you just want more detail? If it's the latter then I guess a reread will help me more than anything else right now.
Fair enough, for the OS backup.

As for Tandora, my answer to your question is a little of both. I think Tandora's been useless at times, more often than not. And although she has indeed contributed at spots, I'd like evidence to her being clear off of your "useless" list. And also, how do you feel about her reason for voting Chibo right now?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote count

[2]ChiboSempai: Tandora, ronEEke
[2]Nix2100: Edreesespieces, eXpiRed_CheEzCake--
[1]eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe-- (Guus/Vrael hydra): Dr. Riddler
[1]Soviet Coffee(AdumbroDeus/Shaya hydra): Overswarm
[1]Goomba! (Tom/Gheb_01 hydra): SovietCoffee
[0]Junglefever:
[0]GorditoBoy69:
[0]Dr. Riddler (Macman/Riddle hydra):
[0]ronEEke:
[0]Edreesespieces:
[0]Overswarm:
[0]Mad Scummy (Swiss/X1-12 hydra):
[0]Tandora:

[6]Not Voting: Nix2100, Mad Scummy, Goomba!, Junglefever, ChiboSempai, GorditoBoy69

A deadline is set for September 23rd, 2010 at 11:59PM CST.

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

September 19
Gordito Boy
Dr. Riddler
eXpiRed_CheEzCake--
Soviet Coffee
Tandora
Overswarm
ChiboSempai
Goomba!
Mad Scummy
Edreesespieces

September 18
Nix

September 17

Inactive
Junglefever
ronEEke

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
FFFF i had a post here but i accidently hit back and i lost e verything :(

Recap of what was here

I like what Tanny has said so far toDay. I think her head is in the right place.

Cheesecake intrigues me but I think he's town. It seems to be more Vrael > Guus posting on that account and I just get townvrael vibes from him.

I don't know how I feel about Chibo either. Chibo what exactly is wrong with wanting to hear someones last thoughts before they are lynched?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Scum:

I feel Nix is useless overall. He's made maybe one or two good posts, but aside from that they've been full off fluff and excuses. Then, when I put on a vote and asked him to explain a fairly simple thing, he didn't, and then went on about how my reasoning was bad, etc. A simple explanation was all that was required, I really don't see why he couldn't do that. I've never played with him before, so I don't know if he's perpetually useless or what.
Okay I know you think he's useless but what I'm wondering (and probably Soviet Coffee) is do you think he's useless town or scum? That's the question. You don't really have to point out whether he's useless or not, thats not exactly new information.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
FFFF i had a post here but i accidently hit back and i lost e verything :(

Recap of what was here

I like what Tanny has said so far toDay. I think her head is in the right place.

Cheesecake intrigues me but I think he's town. It seems to be more Vrael > Guus posting on that account and I just get townvrael vibes from him.

I don't know how I feel about Chibo either. Chibo what exactly is wrong with wanting to hear someones last thoughts before they are lynched?
pretty sure I asked you somethin, answer it please?

more qs:
whose scum?
why are you so inactive in this game but active literally everywhere else on smashboards?
are you afraid of death?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Riddler link it please for convenience.

Thinking goomba for scum at the moment. I like alot of what SC had to say about them.

@Chibo: Okay. I don't feel that there was any bad intentions though *shrug*

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I forgot to answer your two other questions.

2. Frankly, I forgot I replaced in.

3 Never been afraid of death

ronEEke

Ronike|Evil Eye
We're workin on it, makin real progress this time, but EE had a crazy busy weekend, and I struggled with sleep deprivation. I'll try to make something substantial on tuesday, as I have school then work tomorrow, and EE says the time to fully discuss it, so expect less johns from us in the future.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
what is wrong with you

don't make ee do any work for this game

gotham stuff is number one priority!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You mentioned that there were multiple people that you dislike, I wanted to see if there was anyone that you actually liked. It's easy to say "oh i dont like him i dont like him i dont like him either and i really dont like him," I wanted to see if there's anyone you do like.
Yes, I do and if you read my previous answer to EP you will know who.

You're calling 8/12 alive players useless. What makes you think they're so useless, and yes, I'm asking for all 8.
Why would you think somebody is being useless? Lack of input, intentionally being vague or fluffy, avoiding to take a stance. These are the things that make somebody appear useless to me. Pretty much the standard stuff.

What I will admit though is that certain people - including yourself - have stepped their games up recently [even when I think they're horribly wrong]. Riddler and SC have started to take stances and even Jungle has voiced opinions [which is a rare sight actually]. It's also good to see that you have started debating among us as well because this wasn't the case earlier. I still think I was right when I said these people are useless but that's already like 3 or 4 days ago. Can you really tell me that these people were useful before that?

But then again, I still find Nix, Cheesecake, RonEEke and Chibo useless so for the most part my stance hasn't changed. I'm actually curious: Do you think that these people actually are being useful? If so, I don't see how.

As for Tandora, my answer to your question is a little of both. I think Tandora's been useless at times, more often than not. And although she has indeed contributed at spots, I'd like evidence to her being clear off of your "useless" list. And also, how do you feel about her reason for voting Chibo right now?
1.) It's hard to give evidence on a personal opinion so I'm not quite sure what to tell you. If you insist on it I can give you examples [quotes and such] where I'm getting town vibes from her but at the same time I think it's kind of pointless to make a case on somebody being town. If the majority thinks that Tandora is town / not-scum it's particularily pointless - so unless you think she's scum I would rather not go into too much detail.

2.) Her reason for voting Chibo I'm not sure about. I think I know what you're trying to get at and it's very possible that her read on him is wrong. Either way however, I don't think that she's scummy because of that. I think her stance on him is genuine, which is what determines scumminess in my book.

FoS Junglefever

People should keep that in mind in case cheesecake flips scum.

:059:

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I never got to finish my complete reread, but I think from looking at Chibo's activity I want to UNVOTE

I think ronEEKe and Jungle may both be scum since a) we have had no real scum vibes from anyone and b) they both came back before a prod after I called out their complete inactivity. Deadline is on Thursday, can we really wait for ronEEke to catch up by then? I expect a hydra to be able to do better.

VOTE RONEEKE

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Tanny for the record, i got prodded.

@Riddler: I had something posted about you before but it got deleted along with the rest of my much longer post. Basically what it said is tha I had a bad feeling from your posts earlier, I've started liking your posts more as the game has progressed.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, September 20th, 12:56

The same groups of people keep posting. I don't like how everyone is patching together in small groups to discuss only amongst themselves. Can't be helped with a game this large though.

Ronike's inactivity is legitimate, but as a hydra I am unsure how willing I should be to allow it.

ronEEke

Ronike|Evil Eye
I never got to finish my complete reread, but I think from looking at Chibo's activity I want to UNVOTE

I think ronEEKe and Jungle may both be scum since a) we have had no real scum vibes from anyone and b) they both came back before a prod after I called out their complete inactivity. Deadline is on Thursday, can we really wait for ronEEke to catch up by then? I expect a hydra to be able to do better.

VOTE RONEEKE

No time to do much, but I read this in class and just wanted to note how lolworthy this is.
A] We came back after the prod
B] What would you rather us do? Get prodded and NOT come back?

Lol, tand you always know how to make me laugh.

As for whether we will be caught up, I can't promise anything, but we'll post what we have tomorrow, sound fair?

#HBC | Gorf

What I will admit though is that certain people - including yourself - have stepped their games up recently [even when I think they're horribly wrong]. Riddler and SC have started to take stances and even Jungle has voiced opinions [which is a rare sight actually]. It's also good to see that you have started debating among us as well because this wasn't the case earlier. I still think I was right when I said these people are useless but that's already like 3 or 4 days ago. Can you really tell me that these people were useful before that?

But then again, I still find Nix, Cheesecake, RonEEke and Chibo useless so for the most part my stance hasn't changed. I'm actually curious: Do you think that these people actually are being useful? If so, I don't see how.

:059:
I agree with you for the most part. I don't find Cheesecake to be usless town, I get a more scum vibe from him. Oh, and @EVERYBODY, iirc Cheesecake said something about Vrael would be doing most, if not all, of the posting because Guus was IP banned.

And Chibo hasn't been useful, as in adding to town, but he HAS been answering questions, responding to pressure, and that stuff, which is much more than what can be said about Nix. Plus, I'd like to keep him around for a few days. Town Chibo doesn't really do too much until later in the game.

But, I personally wouldn't put Jungle too high on the useful list. He's voiced opinions, but he still needs to do more work around here.

As for the Tandora issue, I don't think she's scum. I just didn't think that she was as useful as a few of the people you put on ur list at the time. But she's definitely stepped up her game, and I'll hop off that argument.

#HBC | Gorf

@Tandora

Are you suggesting we go for uselees, rather than scum? I don't enjoy the inactivity shared by RonEEke and Jungle, but it's not lynch worthy.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
@roneek what do u think about tandora because of that post? scum tell? null tell? town tell?

@gordito did u see any of my recent analysis...?

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
wtf is up with people thinking tan is scummy?

also wtf is up with OS, I can deal with the annoying posting method but content is just so lacking

@Any who are experienced in OS's scum and town meta: What do you think about OS's inability to have any solid stances, is it a null tell?

@Goomba: Say something helpful which does not involve Soviet Coffee

@Soviet Coffee: Say something helpful which does not involve Goomba

#HBC | Gorf

Yea...? I'll reread back, but I got the jist of it. It was good shii. Esp. the SC/RonEEke disconnection and the EP/Cheesecake disconnection. Why do you ask?

#HBC | Gorf

OH SHII JUST READ UP ON MY 589. Big time f up.

And Chibo hasn't been useful, as in adding to town, but he HAS been answering questions, responding to pressure, and that stuff, which is much more than what can be said about Nix. Plus, I'd like to keep him around for a few days. Town Chibo doesn't really do too much until later in the game.
Change that ^ to this v

And Chibo has been useful, as in adding to town, and he HAS been answering questions, responding to pressure, and that stuff, which is much more than what can be said about Nix. Plus, I'd like to keep him around for a few days. Town Chibo doesn't really do too much until later in the game.

Sorry :|.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, September 20th, 5:05 PM

Mad Scummy thinks I haven't made any stances. Maybe he doesn't read posts, and just scans them? I'm unsure. It seems that everyone refuses to be satisfied until each person is foaming at the mouth to kill another; I don't think I'll play that game. I've given more than enough information on my stances, as well as a few breadcrumbs, to the keen eye.

And Chibo has been useful, as in adding to town, and he HAS been answering questions, responding to pressure, and that stuff, which is much more than what can be said about Nix. Plus, I'd like to keep him around for a few days. Town Chibo doesn't really do too much until later in the game.
Unvote Vote: GorditoBoy69

I was under the impression GorditoBoy was fairly new. I still wonder where all this newfound information and confidence comes from, considering the little performance I've seen from him elsewhere.

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
Journal Entry, September 20th, 12:56

The same groups of people keep posting. I don't like how everyone is patching together in small groups to discuss only amongst themselves. Can't be helped with a game this large though.

Ronike's inactivity is legitimate, but as a hydra I am unsure how willing I should be to allow it.
Journal Entry, September 16th, 12:34 a.m.

Up late. Can't figure Tandora out. One second he's an obvious good guy... but then I notice a few quirks that make him seem TOO on the ball. Same problem I had before with Goomba!... if someone's actions only really make sense from a backwards point of view, where you get the result before the question, then they know something. Tandora's actions are like that. I want to believe he's that good, but I just am unsure. He's willing to put pressure on Chibo, but not questions?
soo much wishy-washy, it couldn't be less clear if you like tan or not

Tandora

Smash Rookie
@Tandora

Are you suggesting we go for uselees, rather than scum? I don't enjoy the inactivity shared by RonEEke and Jungle, but it's not lynch worthy.
Ok, here's the thing. I was doing rereads and looked at Jungle and RonEEke. Both are replacements, so you gotta give a little leeway for catching up. However, on both cases neither they nor their predecessor provided any content.

I admit I stumbled since they were both prodded, but I am used to a mod notifying the game that a prod has been issued. (Thanks, Mentos, for doing that quickly). If they had both returned so quickly w/o a prod that would have indicated that a scummate who was active informed them they needed to get back asap.

Although since we didn't directly see a prod, we can only assume Ron was telling the truth about receiving one.

Since there has been some comments about not getting scum vibes, that lends credence to scum being inactive. Two roles both highly inactive would indicate one if not both are scum, at least by my reasoning. When I read their posts yesterday, both Jungle/Bedevere and RonEEKe/Guide were under 20 posts each.

1) Way too few posts
2) No content
3) Jungle's posts are still short, but at least they provide a little content. I'd like more frankly, but I'll take something over nothing.
RonEEke on the other hand, nothing other than johns. Unacceptable. I said I wanted posts with content and they failed to supply.

Believe me, I understand that going after an inactive is liking shooting into the dark, but we have no strong wagons, no exceptionally strong leads, and three days left. If you cannot get scum, at least trim the fat.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
but yea, it seems inconsistent for someone to say: "fine with a swords lynch" *votes to l-1*
then after the lynch goes "kind of wish he said something, perhaps too early of a lynch?"

Feels like he's trying to seem not as bad or as at cost for the lynch (since scum are always wary of putting someone to l-1 or hammering them because then they will be seen as responsible for the lynch, especially if it's a townie that dies). Seems like Cheesecake (or whoever was it that made both of those posts) wanted to somewhat clear their name on the swords lynch.

Don't like that at all.
Good point, and this same thing has been sort of bothering me with Cheezecake. He does this thing all the time - like all the stances I've asked him to take have been "in between" and shaky answers. He has only taken strong stances when someone requests him to do so. Almost as in "uh oh, I might get caught, so better to just take the strong stance on this one since people are asking me to"

For this reason I still suspect Extended Cheesecake as well.

To summarize my stance for toDay, these are the people I'd be ok with lynching.

1) Nix 2100 (Currently where my vote is)
2) Extended Cheezecake (his play has been irking me since the start)
3) Sir Bedevere/Jungle (Extreme amounts of inactivity until prod for first player, then again for replacement who is a hydra. minimal contributions from both)

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Edit: Assuming Ron and Jungle are telling the truth.

Ron, I look forward to your post tomorrow.

Finally, BEWARE THE CAUTIONARY TALE OF NEWBIE THREE AND MR ERIC!

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Gheb my vibe from Cheesecake is meta for vrael.

I'm not getting useless on OS, MS. What's wrong with having a neutral stance, or things that seem scum and things that seem town at the same time?

Top Bottom