• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bioware Mafia (ovah)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Tandora, sorry if I missed it somehow but where are those thoughts on Soviet ya promised? Earlier you mentioned you would post those thoughts later, you've been quite active since then and contributed significantly since then but still no thoughts on Soviet. Would much appreciate them.

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
Gheb my vibe from Cheesecake is meta for vrael.

I'm not getting useless on OS, MS. What's wrong with having a neutral stance, or things that seem scum and things that seem town at the same time?
Its like building a get-out clause in everything you say; it also doesn't really help discern whether they are scum or town, saying maybe this maybe that is no help

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I didn't think I would need to clarify this, but since it seems to have caused some confusion:

The activity list at the end of each vote count lists 3 days. If someone has posted within those days, they are in the clear activity wise. Any time someone slips to inactive(more than 3 days since last post), they are immediately prodded. I generally won't specifically state that someone is prodded, and if they fit the "inactive" category due to a V/LA I have been notified about, they will be separated out. Anyone listed in the red will be prodded. Hope this clears up any confusion for both current and future situations :)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Journal Entry, September 20th, 5:05 PM

Unvote Vote: GorditoBoy69

I was under the impression GorditoBoy was fairly new. I still wonder where all this newfound information and confidence comes from, considering the little performance I've seen from him elsewhere.
I AM fairly new. I've completed three games, and I'm playing two. In Taco Mafia, Chibo found out that Swiss was the Mafia Mentee (but I was the only one that believed, and it was a 3/5 vote :(), and in Sonic Mafia, he moreorless singlehandedly took me and Rockin down in BOTH lylo days. That's my meta.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tandora, sorry if I missed it somehow but where are those thoughts on Soviet ya promised? Earlier you mentioned you would post those thoughts later, you've been quite active since then and contributed significantly since then but still no thoughts on Soviet. Would much appreciate them.
After your prod, I got back on that!

To be honest, I hadn't really paid much attention to SC. No good reason. But after my ISO on him, it's like reading me! Omg, get out of my head, Soviet Coffee!

He prods inactives, tries to push for them to be more active without necessarily getting a lynch. He doesn't put up with fluff posts or useless johns. Instead he expects posts with content and tries to get other players to at least question other players.

This post really caught my attention:

Is it just my imagination or does sir bedevere seem to always get on the thread reletively shortly after he's mentioned...

Considering he's johning about not being able to keep up...
This is similar to what I just said about Bedevere's successor!

What I find most compelling is how SC read Swords correctly in being stupid town and did not follow the wagon on him. I don't think scum would have tried that hard to keep someone alive who was town.

Analysis Soviet Coffee - town.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I'll be honest, I feel so separated from this game I'm a bit disturbed at it. Any reads I have are town reads and for the life of me I have no idea who would be scum, with the deadline close and clear idea on who to lynch, I actually offer myself as a sacrifice!

I'm being totally serious...This is the first time I've suggested this so I am curious as to where it would go. I am kind of hoping that with me having "some" interactions with people, keyword some >_> The rest of town would get a better field of vision on who to look at for scum targets.....

Now that I am thinking about it....Gordito's posts are bugging me a bit, seems to be getting buddy buddy with Chibo too quickly for my liking..I know that Chibo did fairly well in Sonic end game but it just seems....odd.

@Pieces - K, I'm useless we get that, how bout scum? If you think I'm just a useless townie, why not try busting scum instead of annoying me with questions about my opinions on a characters alignment after their flip? Just Curious >_>

@Cheese - You said I' scum, but also useless.....useless =/= scum >_> just a FYI

Riddlers town, OS is probably town....no clue about everyone else -_-

Oh look >_> I posted....

eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe--

S.O.L.I.D.|guus
@Any who are experienced in OS's scum and town meta: What do you think about OS's inability to have any solid stances, is it a null tell?
This doesn't seem like OS at all. Normally he's more of a power player, so it's odd to see him take more of a back seat role. I don't know exactly what the implications are, I'd say null tell.

I agree with you for the most part. I don't find Cheesecake to be usless town, I get a more scum vibe from him. Oh, and @EVERYBODY, iirc Cheesecake said something about Vrael would be doing most, if not all, of the posting because Guus was IP banned.
Guus' IP banned was reversed a few weeks ago.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Now that I am thinking about it....Gordito's posts are bugging me a bit, seems to be getting buddy buddy with Chibo too quickly for my liking..I know that Chibo did fairly well in Sonic end game but it just seems....odd.
I'm trying not to get Chibo lynched too soon. First of all, we have better people to lynch. Second of all, he hasn't done much anymore to really get negative attention. He's been ecoming an asset to the game.

Oh, and Nix...

I'll be honest, I feel so separated from this game I'm a bit disturbed at it. Any reads I have are town reads and for the life of me I have no idea who would be scum, with the deadline close and clear idea on who to lynch, I actually offer myself as a sacrifice!
That doesn't make you look any more townie.

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
@Soviet Coffee: Say something helpful which does not involve Goomba
Does everyone in this game have ADD? I've been on Chibo's case most of the day I've only recently been on Goomba.

Scum:

I feel Nix is useless overall. He's made maybe one or two good posts, but aside from that they've been full off fluff and excuses. Then, when I put on a vote and asked him to explain a fairly simple thing, he didn't, and then went on about how my reasoning was bad, etc. A simple explanation was all that was required, I really don't see why he couldn't do that. I've never played with him before, so I don't know if he's perpetually useless or what.

I don't like Chibo for reasons stated above.

Town:

Tandora is good in my book. Hasn't done anything inherently scummy, has been a help to town all game.
So who do you wanna lynch today and why? You haven't exactly given a large list of reads.

@Overswarm: I'm tired of this, if I'm wrong, explain why. He made scummy statements and I don't like it.

I'm pretty sure you're town so if I'm wrong about Goomba's case being scummy I'd much prefer you'd tell me NOW rather then we deal with my mistakes in our inevitable post-game aim convo like in Code Geass.

Otherwise I'm gonna have to go with Shaya's explanation unless something changes my read later.

can you explain this a little more?
You think I'm scum therefore you're scum is a fundamentally flawed mentality cause townies think that other townies are scum for more or less legit reasons all the time, so it only really applies to dumb town and scum trying to confuse nubs.

Pretending on OMGUS is something else is recognizing the concept is flawed, but still trying to use it to create a lynch. Dumb town wouldn't use a concept that they already know is wrong, therefore it's only a scum thing.

Of course people (usually scum) try to pass off a legitimate case against them made by a player who they voted for as OMGUS all the time, especially in situations where the legit case is that the case they made against the other player is scummy.

As much as I think he's scum, Goomba is not the play of the day, not enough support for his wagon.

unvote

I need a reread to figure out who's the most likely scum out of the viable wagons cause the deadline's looming and last thing we need is a no lynch.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, September 20th, 9:41 p.m.

I too wonder who the play is for today... everyone is scrambling. Maybe I should too?

vote Junglefever

I wonder... Dr. Riddler, what do you think of a Nix lynch toDay?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
@Pieces - K, I'm useless we get that, how bout scum? If you think I'm just a useless townie, why not try busting scum instead of annoying me with questions about my opinions on a characters alignment after their flip? Just Curious >_>
I think you mis understand. I think you have a decent chance of being scum - and at this point more than everyone except the few people on the list I just posted - in addition to being useless. I never said you were just a useless townie. I was simply responding to Expired Cheesecake's comments that he thinks you are a useless townie - I was chastizing him for the same exact reason you just said, becuase he only said you are useless and didn't comment on whether he thinks you are scum or not.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, September 20th, 10:32 p.m.

Had a passing thought tonight. What if the three bad guys were Soviet Coffee, Tandora, and EdreesesPieces?

Wouldn't that be something. I just noticed how much they each contributed, yet how little they connect. Three spiders spinning their own webs? I'll have to keep this in mind.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
OS, that's just dumb. Why would EP point out lack of interaction between SC and me? That's just noob scum move there.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, September 20th, 11:57 p.m.

I wonder what Tandora knows, what knowledge he has of Edrees' scum play?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I am a girl >_< (Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine)

And I don't know EP's style, but I know my own. =/

I think it's a bad move to have your partner point out your lack of interaction. If neither partner is anywhere near suspicion what does it benefit your team to point weaknesses out instead of letting town figure out that on their own?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Basically, it would be making me look good at the cost of bussing 2 scummates. That would be horrible play. I don't mind you going for spotting connections, but no, it doesn't really make sense. Also if you read my earlier post, I also pointed out a lack of interaction between Chibo and Extended Cheezecake, and vice versa, at the time. Why choose Tandora-SC over Chibo and EC, eh Overswarm?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
FoS Junglefever

People should keep that in mind in case cheesecake flips scum.

:059:
Lynching Jungle sounds like a good plan to me. If he flips scum cheesecake is the next in line.

Gheb my vibe from Cheesecake is meta for vrael.
The fact that you are so sure that it's Vrael implies that you have insider information you can't just easily have.

Unvote Vote Jungle

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, september 21, 8:40 a.m.

gheb said:
The fact that you are so sure that it's Vrael implies that you have insider information you can't just easily have.
Interesting statement by Gheb toDay. This doesn't imply anything, and Gheb (Goomba!) knows that. It's creating unnecessary tension. Everyone knows when it is adumbrodeus posting for Soviet Coffee too... that doesn't require insider information. Just a history with them.

FoS: Goomba!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Gheb I don't recall saying anything more then getting town vibe from his posts due to meta. You're acting like vie put blinders on or something. I'm seeing normal vrael play(while it isinherently scummy). He's absolutely the easiest person for me to meta, I've plaue almost every game he's been in, or at least hosted it.

Nix's play is standing out to me as odd. I don't really know what to make of it though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Interesting statement by Gheb toDay. This doesn't imply anything, and Gheb (Goomba!) knows that.
Are you kidding me? Do you actually believe it's normal that Jungle is not only perfectly able to tell all posts of cheesecake apart but also to build a pro-town case on them based on only one half of the hydra's meta? Because Vrael is inherently scummy? When he can't even know for sure which part of the hydra is actually posting?

I don't buy it.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It also has to do with the fact that I've also played with Guus (Santo Amancio) with almost every game he's been in as well (or hosted). They both have a distinct way of playing/posting style, making it very easy to point out who is who. Overswarm used the example of adum posting on soviet coffee. It's the same thing. When you play with certain players for a while you can distinguish the two heads of the hydra from my point of view.

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
@ Mod request vote count

Found some toys on the floor. Looks like they fell outta a pram.

Or were they pushed?

Would lynch Nix or Cheez. Jungle could happen. Don't like the Nix gambit (wifom scum amirite?), he didn't even vote himself.

Nix's play is standing out to me as odd. I don't really know what to make of it though.
How? Why?

'Prolly vote after a better re-read and a quick natter with my other half.

Unvote Vote Cheez

Stances, plz.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer

I'm being totally serious...This is the first time I've suggested this so I am curious as to where it would go. I am kind of hoping that with me having "some" interactions with people, keyword some >_> The rest of town would get a better field of vision on who to look at for scum targets.....

@Cheese - You said I' scum, but also useless.....useless =/= scum >_> just a FYI

Riddlers town, OS is probably town....no clue about everyone else -_-

Oh look >_> I posted....
Just taking a look this post, I feel that this post is all over the place. First he's offering himself to be lynched, i dunno who does that. Secondly his sectino about Gorditio and Chibo I can barely even follow. Question at Pieces is okay. Doesn't really question Cheese though, especially considering that he was actually called scum by Cheese. I don't know where he's clearing OS from.

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
@NIX

If you know you are town; surely it would be better to lynch an equally useless player as lynching you would be a definite townie loss, whereas lynching say, cheeze for example, would actually include the chance of randomly catching scum?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
It would >_> Hence why I'm not actually voting myself cause I would much prefer someone else, I have no reads on cheese so I can't really say much about him...the way I see it is that I have had some interactions with people already and since most people view me as useless anyway *shrug* figured something could come from that at least instead of waiting time trying to figure out which useless player to lynch (since there seems to be a lot from this game from what people are saying)

@Jungle =P I don't know who does that either...aside from the fool or something but I'm fairly sure he isn't in this game....Whats hard to read about the section on Gordito and Chibo? >_> Gordito is getting really friendly far too quickly for my liking, end of story -_-

On a side note <_< For the record, I just came out of playing Civ V and was about to grab lunch when i decided to check here....to the fact that Scummy posted that 3 minutes beforehand and i logged on just now is a complete coincidence -_- Since some people are talking about my name being mentioned and me posting 5mins later =P

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, September 21st, 1:29 p.m.

I think it is imperative not to lynch Nix toDay. I feel the urge to do the same, but leaving him alive will be a boon for us if my suspicions are correct. I have breadcrumbed as such and will explain those tomorrow. Hopefully the others here will feel the same.

Jungle is the one I am least knowledgeable of, of those who are posting. I can't seem to articulate how he feels about anyone or anything.

We need a lynch.

Dead weight goes first.

Vote Roneeke

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I don't really understand yoru link to Gordito and Chibo. Are you saying Gordito is buddying up to Chibo because of Chibos play in Sonic Mafia?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
If I'm wrong do speak up. You make it sound like I'm missing something.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote count

[3]eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe-- (Guus/Vrael hydra): Dr. Riddler, Mad Scummy, GorditoBoy69
[2]Nix2100: Edreesespieces, eXpiRed_CheEzCake--
[2]ronEEke: Tandora, Overswarm
[1]ChiboSempai: ronEEke
[1]Junglefever: Goomba!
[0]Soviet Coffee(AdumbroDeus/Shaya hydra):
[0]Goomba! (Tom/Gheb_01 hydra):
[0]GorditoBoy69:
[0]Dr. Riddler (Macman/Riddle hydra):
[0]Edreesespieces:
[0]Overswarm:
[0]Mad Scummy (Swiss/X1-12 hydra):
[0]Tandora:

[4]Not Voting: Nix2100, Junglefever, ChiboSempai, SovietCoffee

A deadline is set for September 23rd, 2010 at 11:59PM CST.

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

September 21
Gordito Boy
Junglefever
Nix
Overswarm
Mad Scummy
Goomba!

September 20
Dr. Riddler
Edreesespieces
Tandora
Soviet Coffee
eXpiRed_CheEzCake--
ChiboSempai
ronEEke

September 19

Inactive

eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe--

S.O.L.I.D.|guus
So who do you wanna lynch today and why? You haven't exactly given a large list of reads.
Nix can go. Offering himself up as a lynch? I just see it as a stunt to seem more town. Does nothing to help town at all. Stupid WIFOM. He's also been useless all day. Inactivity can change, but uselessness stays for the course of the game. I'd like more input from RonEEke, but I don't want to lynch him based solely on inactivity.

I think I already have a vote on Nix.

ronEEke

Ronike|Evil Eye
Alright, so EE and I had some issues getting in touch today, but he felt the same way about my PbPA target as I do, so consider this EE approved as well, albeit not in his style or formatting, and is thus in my language and such. I know it's long, but don't tl;dr it.

The target? Why, it's seemingly white knight Tandora!

tan 1o3 Hints at disaproval of os journal

1o9 unnotable

122 strengthens stance on OS journal. Doesnt like MS as he's antagonistic, doesnt want in endgame

125, 137 still super anti ms

186 thinks MS toned down, I disagree that it was enough to 18O that much, posting johns [legit?], suddenly loves OS post, randomly picks someone [swords], reads his posts [happens to be mostly fluff], and votes him

194: Valid point on swords making a scummy play, dont like his second post about how if he wanted to lynch scummy he could have. Wording rubs me wrong Original post 194

216: Replies to swords. Have to see more posts before i pass judgement, then says not getting scum on OS and that his former read was totally based on style O_O

22O: Nothing too notable, but soft attacks Guide, another weak link in the game. Coincidence?

261: Trifecta: Fluff [dont post while driving, been unfocused], Goes after week link again [Guide], and Johns that he's been skimming. Do. Not. Like. Also feel maybe a minor nudge at trying to get people to focus on Guide due to the organization? Read into more. Original Post

279: Doesn't like a swords lynch due to some players calling him dumb town even though any normal townie should have liked the swords wagon at this point, let alone the one that got the ball rollin. He also later goes on to say "Oh, he's experienced? Lol, nvm", even though Swords was an experienced gamer in one of his newbie games IIRC, and at the very least he has played with swords. Dont like. Also, tries to paint himself as inactive and nudges that people need to be active. Try to set people up as inactives later much?

28O: Continues trend of stating himself as inactive.

299: Goes after chibo, yet ANOTHER inactive. Places vote.

32O: After noting that he hadnt unvoted, sticks with the swords vote as they both have good cases, even though swords was "dumb town" and chibo was inactive. yeah... Technically on the chibo wagon according to vote count

335: Officially back on the swords wagon. Denies saying swords was dumb town, despite heavily implying so in 335 and saying so in 279. Says didnt like others saying he was dumb town and voting.

358: Fluff, and going on the popular opinion at the time [no out game meta], soft buddying us.

4o8: Disappeared until hammer, then says swords has only himself to blame [I agree], but then says "Thanks for giving us your flip, Swords". I don't like that. A scum player has no reason to tell town he's scum in twilight, so theres no reason for tand to believe this. Unless he knew it to be true... Dont like.

DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY:

419: Says scum was likely on swords wagon. Thinks Gboy is town. Notes praxis picks for scum and town. goes after xheeze even after noting praxis liked him. [Goomba goes after him for following Praxis, interesting note] Like that

426: Looks at voting trends. Sorry, but I thought you had to have a few examples for there to be trends... Also pumps GBoy as town again

432: Elaborates on GBoy: they think alike [good way for scum to later say, of course we're on all the same wagons, we think alike], and GBoy's big scum tells she picks is when he said "She didn't unvote". How is that scummy at all? Don't like.
Elaborates more on MS and EP, actually makes some good points. All in answer to GBoy question.
Preemptively defends flopping in late sentence of third paragraph.
Original Post

433: Fluff. Talks about OS posting restriction more...

441: Attacks Nix for fluff [pro-town, but honestly, how hard and productive is this?] and basically repeats himself three times. For emphasiss? Not fond.

445: Johns as to emotions of late. Again, more crap on restrictions, even though it has been said by this point to shut up about restrictions.

49O: "not getting any reads" So he goes after Chibo again, noting He'd "like to see some sort of wagon for pressure reads." Which all but rids of the pressure from such a wagon... Not to mention he's basically jumping on shibo cause its easy... Do not like.

492: Defends his choice as chibo was his second choice for day 1.

519: Doesn't like Goomba saying people aren't posting enough [spoiler alert: they arent]. Says going to answer some questions, we shall see. Doesn't feel as though he is jumping on a chibo wagon, despite posting two posts ago that he wants a wagon. you shouldn't have done that

546: clears up some stuff from 419, as notes that cheeze and the others were supposed to be scum. After defending himself from Goomba by saying he's going against praxis' list? Uh, contradict yourself much?

426, post of his defense

547: Answers afforementioned questions. Supports early vote trends statement. Doesn't really answers OS' third question

565: Notes that he didn't really answer OS question, and makes some BS reason as to why.

566: Plays Activity cop. Goes after Us and Junglefever as well. Noting a pattern yet? She goes after the weak and inactive. Super town thing to do. Oh wait, no the other thing.

583: Once again johns about not being able to finish a reread. SUPRISE! Unvotes Chibo since he's active. SUPRISE! Calls us and jungle scum for being inactive and returning from a prod, along with voting us. SUPRISE! But seriously, what else was I supposed to do?

597: Retracts prod statement, but strews doubt by saying "Oh but the mod didnt say so, so maybe theyre lying..." sure... way to retract that statement... Says we supply nothing other than johns. Not true, when we replaced in, we had steady activity, and day 2 dawn we talked plenty. Simply and totally untrue statement, betcha thought I wouldnt see it in time, huh? you shouldn't have done that

599: Paranoia inducing

6O7: After someone reminds him, he suddenly makes a quick reread on Soviet, wow, he made a complete reread for once, and it comes up positive. Yeah, sure. And again, he notes how him and SC think the same. Dont like.

616: Nulltell

618: Self meta's and defends more against connection. Gettin awfully defensive against OS...

ronEEke

Ronike|Evil Eye
So, for those who didn't heed my plea of please don't tl;dr, here's a summation of scumdora:

1] He's solely gone after weak and inactives, generally switching once his target becomes active. He's tried to defend this a few times, so he's obviously aware of it.

2] Keeps saying others are thinking the same as him, makes me uncomfortable

3] Keeps misreading and making little mistakes, which I'm not too fond of

4] MAJOR contradiction at day two start.

5] Just doesn't rub me well at all...

And before anyone says we are just taking "convenient target" or something to that nature:

A]EE brought this up from his fresh reread, not having looked at recent posts at all. Several times.

B]It's not really a convenient wagon anymore is it?

So, I like tandora as a play today. Nix's "ooh, ooh, lynch me!" is just dumb. Vote: Tandora

ronEEke

Ronike|Evil Eye
EBWOP: Just another reason we wanted to do tandora was cause we didn't like people making posts to the effect of "Tandora so town, we should just follow him!" when he really, REALLY does not seem town to us.

Top Bottom