• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bioware Mafia (ovah)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote count

[4]Tandora: ronEEke, Overswarm, GorditoBoy69, Edreesespieces
[3]eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe-- (Guus/Vrael hydra): Dr. Riddler, Mad Scummy, Tandora
[2]Junglefever: Goomba!, SovietCoffee
[1]Nix2100: eXpiRed_CheEzCake--
[0]ronEEke:
[0]ChiboSempai:
[0]Soviet Coffee(AdumbroDeus/Shaya hydra):
[0]Goomba! (Tom/Gheb_01 hydra):
[0]GorditoBoy69:
[0]Dr. Riddler (Macman/Riddle hydra):
[0]Edreesespieces:
[0]Overswarm:
[0]Mad Scummy (Swiss/X1-12 hydra):

[3]Not Voting: Nix2100, Junglefever, ChiboSempai

A deadline is set for September 23rd, 2010 at 11:59PM CST.

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
So don't all make a decision on who you want to lynch too quickly guys. Take a little more time out, maybe post tomorrow.

^ That's sarcasm. By the way.

Cheez you Nix wagon looks to have square wheels so swap it around.

Everyone makes mistakes. I don't think I've made any major ones that require to get me lynched.
That reeks, however do not see sufficient reason to lynch her.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
After I posted, I immediately regretted changing my vote as it did look weak in retrospect. But I was in bed at that point and figured I could wait until my return to revote. Little did I suspect I'd have a wagon on me.
Why do you care that it looked weak? The only thing that should matter is whether you truly believe it FEELS week to town or not. If you feel it was the proper choice for town, why did you regret changing your vote just because it "looks" weak? Do you mean to say it wasn't a good move, or just that it looked bad? Only scum should have any real fear of "looking" bad.

I feel good about the rest of your defense sans this little part to it, though. Especially this:
Mostly I have urged inactives to participate much like other players in this game. I have gone after most of the players, because I keep changing my mind. That is going to happen when you don't know who's town and who's scum and your opinion should change as you get more information. Tunneling is not productive.
I have to agree with this. I admit myself that I am having trouble getting scum reads in this game, more so than other games I've played, I feel like scum's playing a clever game here. Because of that I don't think its really that bad for someone to change their mind a lot, because our information keeps changing, I don't see anything wrong with changing our minds on who scum is. A good response, you didn't "back pedal" , more of a firm stance.

I wanted to see what you had to say, for now I still have both Nix2100 and cheezecake higher on the lynch priority list. On top of that, since I had my vote on Nix and switched it to you, Nix has managed to be even more useless and say more things I just plain don't understand. I also think since Nix isn't useful anyway, his flip will reveal a lot because right now there's a lot of people unwilling to vote for him despite his poor play. I've seen some good stuff out of other lynch candidates, including Jungle, but nothing out of this one so I'll return my vote.

Unvote
Vote: Nix2100

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Journal Entry, September 22nd, 9:25 a.m.

Goomba! isn't on his hydra. Irritating. Wish hydras would get modkilled for that.
Actually Tom dropped out and I'm officially replacing the Goomba! playerslot by myself. Mentos simply hasn't announced it yet [don't ask me why] but Goomba! is no longer in this game.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I wasn't aware that more than one person couldn't be guilty of the same thing. What's your point?
Are you kidding me? My point is blatantly obvious. If two people are guilty of the same thing but you only draw attention [plus a vote] to one of them it's clear that to you some people are more equal than others.

FoS EE

Are you saying Soviet Coffee is more guilty of it? Are you saying Soviet Coffee is more scummy for it? Are you saying it's null, yet putting an accusatory tone toward Soviet Coffee?
I've been through this already. Being part of hydra doesn't excuse skimming, EE. I've had a lengthy conversation with SC about that already. You couldn't miss that if you actually read through stuff that happened like only a few pages ago.

So when are we lynching Cheez again?
Right after Scumbagfever.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
@Pieces - Do you really think your gonna get me lynched with only 18 hours left till deadline?

eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe--

S.O.L.I.D.|guus
I'd like a reasonable explanation. What you said makes absolutely no sense to me. I'd like to know what you think of Tandora, not this "oh noez ill be a hypocrite" crap. If you think someone's scummy, vote for them. Stop dodging basic questions.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
me voting for Tandora would be like calling myself scum -_- Half the arguments RonEEke posted can be applied to me as well.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I'll be at work today and then out with family tonight to celebrate Mayling and McFox's engagement. I might be able to get on for lunch, but I doubt I'll be able to post again before 10 PM EST.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Guys look at any game nix has been in. The argument that nix has been useless is in every game. I was even caught up in it once. It's just the way he happens to play. That argument for lynching him just doesn't fly for me anymore.

I know atleast tanny should know where I'm coming from, and probably gheb.

I support lynching cheese, roneeke and JF

possibly soviet coffee

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I didn't even read tanny's defense yet.

I'd be ok with lynching you because first you're non existent the whole day. Than you come back with pushing a case on some random *** player that noone else was suspicious of. Which isn't a problem or scummy in and of itself. but when you consider the fact that it was literrally 2 days before the deadline. And that you have barely gave your opinions on any other people. People who are likely to be lynched today. It seems like you're avoiding giving clear stances. It also just seems like you randomly picked someone to be really suspicious of so that it seems like youre not useless

ronEEke

Ronike|Evil Eye
Cool story bro.

I feel like all the popular lynch targets are targets because they aren't here, and I feel like we have enough evidence to lynch on scum instead of cutting the fat. Sorry for talking about who we think is scummy... o_O

And try READING for once mac. Its mafia, you have to do it.

ronEEke

Ronike|Evil Eye
Out of Ron's whole post, this line bugged me the most. I read it as I am being too town to be town, which is what sparked my ridiculous statement.
Um, that's not what I said. At all. I went through and showed why you were SCUMMY, not that you were too townie, so don't even try that **** here.

When I made my last post, it was about 12:30 am. We have less then 24 hours for a lynch at that point. I looked at votes against Ron and saw I was the only one left on him since OS had (tried since he didn't unvote) to move to voting me.

I looked at who did have several votes on him and saw Cheesecake. I had made some arguments against him at the very beginning of this day and noted the people who were voting for him were people I felt were town, so it was a decent chance we were gonna get a good lynch. Tomorrow is another day with two flips for more information, so I was willing to wait and see how it goes.

After I posted, I immediately regretted changing my vote as it did look weak in retrospect. But I was in bed at that point and figured I could wait until my return to revote. Little did I suspect I'd have a wagon on me.
Again, another convenient story, don't even know why people buy BS like this.

So once again, YOU aren't choosing where your vote goes, other people are. So it's not REALLY your fault, right? *facepalm*

One to the short version of Ron's post:

This is wrong. You mean that cheesecake is weak and inactive?{/QUOTE]

Not as inactive as others, but weak? Hell yes.

Swords was inactive when I started my case against him?
No, but he sure as hell was weak, same as always for him.

Have I gone after Nix?
Congratulations! In a game of going after all the inactives, you haven't gone after one. We'll be sure to keep note of that connection.

So yeah, that parts total BULL****.

I pointed out some inactives, after four days of not participating and no strong wagons had started with only three days left of voting. I don't see that as being scummy, I see that as if we cannot get a strong read for scum, then at least get rid of nonparticipants. Also, I mentioned that I am very paranoid about inactives after Newbie 3.
Ok fine, but WE are back now, why are you still tryna get us lynched? Why aren't you pursuing Nix after his crap about "Lynch Me!"? What about others? People have done scummy things today, but you'd rather go after the inactives?

Mostly I have urged inactives to participate much like other players in this game. I have gone after most of the players, because I keep changing my mind. That is going to happen when you don't know who's town and who's scum and your opinion should change as you get more information. Tunneling is not productive.
I agree with this part.

Why does this make you uncomfortable? It's not like the whole game the only thing I have done is parrot others with "Me too" statements. I have made posts and when doing a reread saw that we had made similar posts.
Because of the way it happens. Doing a reread on someone you think is scummy? You NEVER have managed to finish the reread. But suddenly someone asks you to reread on Soviet and later that day you are finished and think he's town? That makes me uncomfortable.

And no, you generally haven't been parroting, but when someone asks you to give a stance, you have 90% of the time justified it with others views. Case in point why you're on the cheeze lynch. "People I think are town are on the wagon." Swords lynch? You "got off" because others thought he was dumb town, but when that sentiment faded you got on because "People said he was too experienced to be dumb town." See where I'm coming from?

Like calling a female him? And then randomly remembering and switching to the female pronoun? Because you did that throughout your attack against me after I said in a post I am female. Everyone makes mistakes. I don't think I've made any major ones that require to get me lynched.
A) Generally happens because most people on the internets are guys, so when typing fast I tend to type he instead of she. Deal with it, it's not random, it's when I notice I've typed the wrong pronoun and changed it.

B) Those are NOT the type of mistakes I'm talking about. I'm talking about when you find someone scummy, they shut you down, and then you say "Oh, sorry I forgot that". Those are the kind of mistakes Im talking about. Like with Swords case.

Praxis DID NOT like Cheese. I made a typo which Dr Riddler asked about and I clarified.
Actually, looking back, I realize I misread 426. You say "Also, I did point at Cheesecake's own actions that I personally found suspicious. So either, you're skimming or you're trying to make me look scummy by misconstruing me." Which I though you meant as "I'm going after Cheezecake, who Praxis liked, so Im not parroting!" My apologies.

It's that whole voting against you, isn't it?
Yes, that is partially it. As I have explained now at LEAST 10 times, you go after the inactives and the weak, of which we were included when you came at us.

I also find it ridiculous you note that Nix's "Lynch me" post was bad play, yet somehow I am more priority than him.
I don't understand why Nix did that, but I do know it was ridiculous, so I'm leaving him for now. And yes, you are a higher priority than him to me, because to me, he is inactive, which is scummy, but no substitute for those actually scummy. Like you.

I found Ron's post against me intentionally trying to shed me in a bad light. There is nothing "negative" he found that not at least one other player has done this game.
A) I noted several times in my long post things that I agreed with and thought were pro-town. Which you would know had you read it.

B) The thing about cases is they aren't on just one point or one example, its the multitude of times you've done it. Sure, other players have gone after inactives or weak players at some point, but you have done it to almost ALL of the weak or inactive players. Sure, other people have been flip floppy, but either not as much as you have, or haven't been going after easy targets like you. It's the summation of the parts, not the individual parts.

Oh, and the theory I had about Ron and Jungle. Remember I said it was strange we had two roles who have DONE NOTHING THIS WHOLE GAME at the time of my post? There have been almost no wagons this whole game because no one is giving off scum vibes. Even voting has been sparse. I really think it is because both inactive players are scum.
A) There aren't a ton of scum vibes flyin around, but the ones that are there are sufficient enough that we shouldn't be trimming the fat.

B) We have made useful posts, we just had a stream of 4-5 days where we were not posting, so stop trying to make us seem worse than we are.

Still comfy on tandora for now.

ronEEke

Ronike|Evil Eye
I didn't even read tanny's defense yet.
This is ridiculous.

I'd be ok with lynching you because first you're non existent the whole day.
We're existent now.

Than you come back with pushing a case on some random *** player that noone else was suspicious of.
Sorry for going after someone I thought was scummy. And if I waited until someone else brought it up, wouldn't I be scummy for parroting?

Which isn't a problem or scummy in and of itself. but when you consider the fact that it was literrally 2 days before the deadline.
We're busy, this is when we could get it in. 2 days is plenty of time, and we could extend.

And that you have barely gave your opinions on any other people. People who are likely to be lynched today. It seems like you're avoiding giving clear stances.
A) Not enough time. Diverts focus we want on Tandora.

B) I have given my opinion, I don't think they are good lynch candidates. This is implied by us trying to find a new target.

It also just seems like you randomly picked someone to be really suspicious of so that it seems like youre not useless
We noted both our reasons for picking him, and noted that we had our eye on him for a while now. That's the best I can give you, but it's good stuff, you're just being ridiculous.

Better now?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
not really, but i don't feel like dwelling over it

gonna go read your case on her, if its sounds like bull**** to me then it would reinforce my initial feeling

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ok, i'm fine with you for now. actually, leaning town i guess... i dont wanna admit it xd

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
The reason I don't like Jungle is because she's not just a lurker, she's a scummy lurker, I don't like how both her and her predocessor had a tendancy to "come when called" but otherwise not post, cause it suggests that they were following the thread but avoiding posting.

I've seen a number of scum do it, and I rarely if ever see town doing it, so it's more then just cutting the fat, it's dealing with somebody concretely scummy.

I'm not comfortable with lynching tandora, your case isn't strong enough to justify it and the wagon gained too much steam too quickly for me to think it's a completely townie wagon.

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
The reason I don't like Jungle is because she's not just a lurker, she's a scummy lurker, I don't like how both her and her predocessor had a tendancy to "come when called" but otherwise not post, cause it suggests that they were following the thread but avoiding posting.
And cheezecake isn't doing this? What is different between those two players?

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
And cheezecake isn't doing this? What is different between those two players?
Errr, not really, he seems to be volinteering at least a fair amount of posts and asking a reasonable amount of questions, he could be trying to blend, but quite frankly the playslot doesn't strike me as strong enough to be able to do so effectively, I think he's town.

Also on top of that, do you find the time RonEEkes case appeared to be suspicious time i.e when cheez was under heavy pressure
Cheeze and RonikEE himself were under pressure at that point, distracting the lynch to tandora would've benefited either of them (and to a lesser extent jungle cause he was in a similar boat in terms of activity to RonikEE and Gheb just started to push for her lynch, and Gheb, love him or hate him, carries a fair amount of influence, odds are that if RonikEE became useful without creating a target, his wagon would just shift to Jungle).

If it was a distraction to benefit scum, likeliest explanation was RonikEE did it for himself, after that to protect jungle cause Cheeze would probably be bus-bait, why create unnecessary connections?

Course it's possible, but RonikEE trying to protect himself or himself and Jungle seems more likely if it was a distraction.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
We need to decide on a lynch...

I say Cheese over Jungle over Tandora. I wouldn't mind lynching Cheese or Jungle, but I think we can give Tandora another Day.

Unvote Vote: Cheesecake

If town leads toward Jungle, I'll put my vote there.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And yes, Macman, I can see where you're coming from in regards to Nix. I'm not fond of his play regardless.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No...I'm saying that if I vote for Tandora for the arguments that RonEEke posted which can also somewhat be applied to me I would be saying I'm also scum -_- but since I am not scum it would seem hypocritical of me to vote Tandora for those reasons -_-
I...i don't understand. Because you share qualities of one person's play doesn't mean necessarily mean you have the same alignment. Do you find Tanny to be scummy, wether or not it means that RonEEke's posts can be applied to you? I still don't really get your stance here other than 'If i say yes, it means im scum, so no!"

I think, even though I liked a lot of Tanny's posts toDay, that EE's points also have some merit. I still don't think Tanny is the play, though.

Think Nix is the play today

vote: Nix

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Journal Entry, September 23rd, 2:14 p.m.

unvote vote Junglefever

What's the deal with people not answering others criticisms? It seems everyone is just ignoring claims against them.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I went back and realized something about Cheesecake and Jungle:

Nix can go. Offering himself up as a lynch? I just see it as a stunt to seem more town. Does nothing to help town at all. Stupid WIFOM. He's also been useless all day. Inactivity can change, but uselessness stays for the course of the game. I'd like more input from RonEEke, but I don't want to lynch him based solely on inactivity.

I think I already have a vote on Nix.
Gheb I don't recall saying anything more then getting town vibe from his posts due to meta. You're acting like vie put blinders on or something. I'm seeing normal vrael play(while it isinherently scummy). He's absolutely the easiest person for me to meta, I've plaue almost every game he's been in, or at least hosted it.

Nix's play is standing out to me as odd. I don't really know what to make of it though.
Just taking a look this post, I feel that this post is all over the place. First he's offering himself to be lynched, i dunno who does that. Secondly his sectino about Gorditio and Chibo I can barely even follow. Question at Pieces is okay. Doesn't really question Cheese though, especially considering that he was actually called scum by Cheese. I don't know where he's clearing OS from.
I...i don't understand. Because you share qualities of one person's play doesn't mean necessarily mean you have the same alignment. Do you find Tanny to be scummy, wether or not it means that RonEEke's posts can be applied to you? I still don't really get your stance here other than 'If i say yes, it means im scum, so no!"

I think, even though I liked a lot of Tanny's posts toDay, that EE's points also have some merit. I still don't think Tanny is the play, though.

Think Nix is the play today

vote: Nix
Of my 3 possible plays for the day, 2 of them (Jungle and Cheesecake) both don't like the other (Nix). This makes me think the chances that either Jungle or Cheese is scum and picking on Nix because he's useless is pretty good. Also, I have a theory that mafia would pick on Nix because it's apparant he won't get lynched, and he's a target for them to take a stance on so they appear pro town. Makes me feel better about a Jungle or Cheese lynch over Nix for toDay. I'm gonna go with Cheeze for not answering my last question yet, on whether he thinks Nix is actually scummy or if he only thinks he is useless. Cheez, as I asked previous, do you think Nix is scummy, or useless? You said useless previously, when someone asked you what you thought of him, but I want to know how scummy you consider him. If you don't consider him scummy, then who do you consider actually scummy?

Unvote
Vote: Expired Cheezcake

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Oh and I"m going to be at a muse concert tonight, so I won't be able to play the game near the deadline, I'll be back in a few hours to see developments, but yeah, gonna be gone tonight when the deadline hits.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
CheEez is a hydra, rather have him go......eh might as well -_-

Vote: eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe--

Top Bottom