• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Ops 2 thread.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Got a new cast today. Can't even hold a controller anymore.

The doctor noticed the bone was healing at a very small angle. So, when he molded the cast, he felt around for the bone and pushed on it for like a minute so it would mold around it.

Let me tell you how that felt.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Got a new cast today. Can't even hold a controller anymore.

The doctor noticed the bone was healing at a very small angle. So, when he molded the cast, he felt around for the bone and pushed on it for like a minute so it would mold around it.

Let me tell you how that felt.

Poor Stofan. :(

did i **** up?
i probably did
Yerp.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Dude, remember that one time where I didn't go anywhere outside of a three foot radius of my computer for three weeks straight, then somehow managed to get sick anyway?

**** the world.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I'll say it just makes it easier to get sick. As exercise is recommended to help avoid sickness.
I can't come up with any scientific evidence to prove you wrong, but in my experience, standing in the human petri dishes known as gym locker rooms is no help to one's immune system either.

I wonder how much that person paid their editor. It still probably pales in comparison to how much he paid Drift0r to comment on it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Vahn from twitter: "Still at work doing that final grind on the next update. It's a big one. Nerfs. Buffs. Bug fixes. Features. Dinosaurs. Details to come."

Yep, you know what that means ladies and gents! Mindless nerfs to guns that don't need to be nerfed!

Pro tip: people whine about guns being "overpowered" which causes these totally unnecessary nerfs. 90% of the time it's OVERUSED, not OVERPOWERED. The only OP gun in this game is the FAL full auto. The end.

Fletch

Smash Master
The FAL with Select Fire sucks. It increases recoil and decreases your RPM just so you can hold down the trigger instead of pressing it? Total waste of a slot; after everyone was riding the whambulance over it, I decided to try it and it just makes the gun worse. Play with the FAL, learn to trigger shoot and the gun is much better without having to waste a damn slot on that worthless attachment.

The Executioner better get buffed; other than that, most guns are ok or at least "meh" enough. The SMGs are still the best guns in the game, but that is more of a result of the maps and lag comp being atrocious; if they added bigger maps and fixed the broken engine, they wouldn't be nearly as strong. That said, knowing Treyarch, all of these changes will suck ***.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
how were you using fal select fire?

Its more intended as a "rushing" AR. If you use it that way its too good, but if you use it long range then yeah of course its not gonna be as good.

Fletch

Smash Master
I've used it every which way; how is it better when it increases recoil and decreases RPM while adding no intangible benefit that can't be gained by clicking the fire button? Everyone whines about it, but learn how to use the FAL without Select Fire and you'll find it much better. It shows how uncompetitive this game is when everyone QQs about an attachment that takes away skill yet makes the gun worse than its counterpart while wasting a class slot.

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Because it becomes significantly easier to aim well when you don't have to mash RT all the time.

People need to stop looking at just stats and realize that the sheer convenience of some attachments makes it worth it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
^

Way easier to aim with select fire and it has like...0 recoil. Maybe we're playing a different game, but when I use the FAL, it's pretty ridiculous. Definitely going to be surprised if it doesn't get nerfed in this next update.

Fletch

Smash Master
Maybe it's because I have always loved using semi-auto and burst guns, but shooting them has become second nature to me. If you use it extensively, it's just as easy to aim as it is to hold down the trigger, it just takes a little practice, and then you can place every shot you want perfectly at a better rate than you can with Select Fire. So if your skill is good enough to shoot both accurately, all I'm saying is that Select Fire just becomes a waste of a class slot all while making your gun worse overall. Do you really think that aiming with your left stick and clicking a trigger is difficult, tech-wise? Surprises me to come from SWF; the skill required to do that is basically nil compared to most tech skill requirements of a game like Melee.

That said, I can guarantee a monster nerf since Treyarch sucks and overreacts to everything.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Inb4 they nerf the SMGs again for no apparent reason.

But in all honesty, I can't see what they would nerf other than the FAL. If anything, they need to buff a lot of stuff. Nerfing isn't the way to go.

Fletch

Smash Master
If anything, they need to buff a lot of stuff. Nerfing isn't the way to go.
You and I both know this isn't the Treyarch way. We'll see 5 nerfs per buff. What else would you want to see buffed? I'd say the Executioner, but I really can't think of what else. I just want them to lay off the PDW and I'll be happy.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
You and I both know this isn't the Treyarch way. We'll see 5 nerfs per buff. What else would you want to see buffed? I'd say the Executioner, but I really can't think of what else. I just want them to lay off the PDW and I'll be happy.
Yup, Vahn is nerf happy.

I just want ARs to be more viable. They're good, but SMGs destroy them completely.

they're just gonna increase the recoil for SMGs, which is their way to balance them
I ****ing hate when they screw with recoil patterns/nerf guns in general. I use a gun for a long time, get used to it, love it, then they nerf the ****. Then, I have to use other guns and start the process over and find what I like. And then, at the end of the game's life, they'll have nerfed every gun in the game and the only ways the guns are different is their firing noise and their reload.

True story. Look at the first black ops.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
It's funny, the game started with game feel akin to that of MW3, but by the end of it's lifespan with all these patches and updates, it will probably be more like Blops1. If the pattern continues and everything keeps getting nerfed except ARs and LMGs, all the guns will feel / take an eternity to kill like in the first Black Ops.

Fletch

Smash Master
If they mess with recoils again, I'm probably putting the game down for good. I'm with BKP, I don't want to re-learn all this stuff again.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Fletch;15258192Do you really think that aiming with your left stick and clicking a trigger is difficult said:
First off, you aim with the RIGHT stick, not the left stick. Meaning you're being forced to make precise movements with your right thumb while mashing your right index finger. While moving. While being shot at. A lot more difficult when you're under pressure. Plus viewkick.

The practicality is too good.

Also, you're assuming half the people who play this game play Melee. I think only one of us actually plays Smash: Me. And I'm a Brawler BECAUSE Melee has stupid tech skill requirements.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
It's funny, the game started with game feel akin to that of MW3, but by the end of it's lifespan with all these patches and updates, it will probably be more like Blops1. If the pattern continues and everything keeps getting nerfed except ARs and LMGs, all the guns will feel / take an eternity to kill like in the first Black Ops.
I hate that feeling more than anything. Anyone who has played a Treyarch game with me knows that I complain about how long it takes to kill (and just about everything else there is to complain about :troll:). It's a double edged sword. On one hand it's nice to be able to escape engagements, but on the other hand I die a little bit inside every time I see that it took 50% or more of my clip to take out a single person. Also, I have pretty good aim, so that's not the problem. Just a thing with Treyarch games.

If they mess with recoils again, I'm probably putting the game down for good. I'm with BKP, I don't want to re-learn all this stuff again.

I don't blame you, it's pointless to relearn everything after every patch. Even if they don't nerf a lot in this update, you and I both know that they'll eventually nerf guns that we've come to enjoy using.

Treyarch is sort of similar to Pokemon when it comes to the bad kids complaining that everything needs to be nerfed or toned down. Their motto should be "Gotta cater to 'em all!"

First off, you aim with the RIGHT stick, not the left stick. Meaning you're being forced to make precise movements with your right thumb while mashing your right index finger. While moving. While being shot at. A lot more difficult when you're under pressure. Plus viewkick.

The practicality is too good.

Also, you're assuming half the people who play this game play Melee. I think only one of us actually plays Smash: Me. And I'm a Brawler BECAUSE Melee has stupid tech skill requirements.
Brawlolololol. Melee is just.....amazing. Playing brawl is like playing in molasses.

Ilu no matter what you play though. No homo. <3

Snowboard kids is the best game anyways, so who cares.

Fletch

Smash Master
If you can wavedash/drillshine/whatever in Melee, you can aim a FAL just fine without needing Select Fire. Maybe I set my tech skill requirements too high though for the average gamer, but I assumed everyone on SWF was brought up on Melee. Maybe I'm just too old.

FWIW Delta, I still play Melee after 10+ years. I quit Brawl in 2 weeks after having a midnight release party for it. Tripping was enough, but lack of combos and a rather low skill ceiling was enough for me. Brawl is easy mode and I wish it never was released, and this is coming from someone who was unbelievably hyped for it and ready to be the next best Smasher.

EDIT: @BKP, Snowboard Kids is mad legit.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Screw all of you, I'll stick to the original Smash Bros :troll:

I fully expect that the next time I play Blops2 it will be a completely different game. Whenever they change gun control, it's like trying to switch hands while jacking off. Sure, you can do it. But it's neither familiar nor pleasurable.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Involved in what? Here or smash?
Here. You're putting work in with Smash.

If you can wavedash/drillshine/whatever in Melee, you can aim a FAL just fine without needing Select Fire. Maybe I set my tech skill requirements too high though for the average gamer, but I assumed everyone on SWF was brought up on Melee. Maybe I'm just too old.

FWIW Delta, I still play Melee after 10+ years. I quit Brawl in 2 weeks after having a midnight release party for it. Tripping was enough, but lack of combos and a rather low skill ceiling was enough for me. Brawl is easy mode and I wish it never was released, and this is coming from someone who was unbelievably hyped for it and ready to be the next best Smasher.
I mean, if Brawl is such easy mode with such a low skill cap, please Money Match me for a large sum of cash. You shouldn't have any issues because like, it's just soooooooooooo easy to do well in this game.

Top Bottom