• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Ops 2 thread.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
EDIT: @BKP, Snowboard Kids is mad legit.

:phone:
Me and Alex (Falcrow) used to play SBK/SBK2 basically everyday as kids. I still play it to this day.

Screw all of you, I'll stick to the original Smash Bros :troll:

I fully expect that the next time I play Blops2 it will be a completely different game. Whenever they change gun control, it's like trying to switch hands while jacking off. Sure, you can do it. But it's neither familiar nor pleasurable.
Truth.

I wanna play soon :(
NOW NOW BOYS! Just 3 more weeks or so.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I fully expect that the next time I play Blops2 it will be a completely different game. Whenever they change gun control, it's like trying to switch hands while jacking off. Sure, you can do it. But it's neither familiar nor pleasurable.
Now this analogy is downright perfect. ****, Bob.:applejack:

I don't know why I still don't have this game. I won a $30 Gamestop gift card just two days ago at a tournament, but I don't know if I can use it along with any other form of payment to buy Black Ops 2. I played it enough to get a feel of things when my cousin had his PS3 here, but he went back to college on the first Sunday of the year, weeks ago.

I play Smash also.

Fletch

Smash Master

What the **** does Melee have to do with CoD? They're not even close to being related or requiring the same kind of skill.

That's like saying making a PB&J is similar to cooking a fish.
They both require similar timing elements and button strokes. I'm saying the tech skill required to play Melee at high level vastly trumps anything you'd need to be able to play BO2. If you have the hand dexterity to play Melee, you should be able to aim and fire a semi-auto just fine; I find it much easier than a lot of Melee techs.

I mean, if Brawl is such easy mode with such a low skill cap, please Money Match me for a large sum of cash. You shouldn't have any issues because like, it's just soooooooooooo easy to do well in this game.
Pretty sure you'd beat the **** out of me given that I don't or never really played the game seriously, but not sure what this has to do with the game being toned down for casuals. I don't know if you're any good because I don't follow Brawl at all, but if I picked up MK and you don't play him, I'd probably at least be able to stay in the game with you. Compare that to Melee, where even though I have been playing the game for 10 years, I'd still get absolutely ***** by any top player. The skill disparity is HUGE in Melee, and allows you to keep getting better at an alarming rate. Brawl? Not so much, which is fine for those that don't want to invest significant time into it. It's just not for me.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
The new update is live. Just on twitch reading the chat and people are saying the tar got a huge buff or something. Really eager to see what they did.

Fletch

Smash Master
Weird, didn't get it on PS3 yet. Maybe because I was playing. Would really like to see patch notes.

EDIT: Sure you aren't just talking about the settings update BKP? It was just a hot fix I'm pretty sure; nothing change gun-wise.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
It could be. It was in a twitch chat so I dunno.

A treyarch employee tweeted that something went live too, but that definitely could have just been a hot fix. I'll be able to tell when the update is live because my sub box on YT will be filled with the patch notes and ****.

Fletch

Smash Master
It was just a hot fix to brace for the incoming patch, and to notify users that double XP will be coming this weekend (shocker).

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
That's a really cool site, actually. Funniest part about the emblems on this game is that I can instantly tell when someone's is copied. :p

But yeah, I saw those Star Fox emblems on YT and they suck. Given they took a different approach to it, I still like ours infinitely better.

Oh, and **** that iron man angry bird one. I see like 3 of those in every game.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Oh, and **** that iron man angry bird one. I see like 3 of those in every game.
The first time I saw the tutorial for it, I thought, "Wow. That's cool. Nice to see some creative stuff for once."

And then they showed up everywhere. And there's a bajillion and a half Angry Birds cross-overs. Real sick of it.

Ironman angry bird
slender man
buttocks
boobs

You forgot all of the stoner emblems.

Fletch

Smash Master
I wish there was a way to take someone else's emblem or have someone else be able to do it for me. I SUCK at doing these, even if I try to copy, and I certainly don't have the patience.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think it's official. This is going to be the semester that kills me. I have a 7:45 am till 3:30 pm block every day filled with classes and work. And don't even get me started on homework and extracurriculars.

OH THATS NOT THAT BAD BOB, I REMEMBER WHEN I HAD TO BLAH BLAH BLAH... but you have to understand. I live in Madison. Every 50 minutes I walk the good part of a mile somewhere else. In 7 degree blizzards.

I don't think I'm going to have time to play this game anymore (not that I'll miss it). To get a full night's sleep I'd be going to bed at 10:00 pm CST.

This isn't a farewell, gents. You'll still see me on Steam/Skype/Xbox. But the time I do spend playing games, it should be ones that feel rewarding for the amount of time I spend on it. And Black Ops 2 doesn't fit that bill.

On second thought, maybe I'll play on weekends.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
My schedule this semester:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday - Class until 3:30 every day with one 6:45 PM - 9:15 PM class on Mondays.

Tuesday/Thursday - No class on Tuesdays and nothing but a single 6:45 PM night class on Thursdays.

Pretty easy schedule, especially without work until my hand heals. So, I'll be playing just as much as I used to, maybe even more assuming I don't have a lot of homework.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I hat you stofan
Kappa <3 We kan sype th0 lyk errday

Mon/wed: class 1030am-630pm

Rest of the week: i have no idea what im doing with my life

You best be ready to play a ton of CoD with me.

Mon-Fri: Class from 8:30AM-1:20PM

Awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Xbox with you? I already miss Deltod :(

Oh, and once I play again, I'm gonna play some ground war to get those challenges. I've been watching lots of streams and on a good connection with bad kids, GW is sooooo easy.

Fletch

Smash Master
8-0 so far in league play in Mosh Pit. In gold league; this seems easier than pubs for whatever reason. Anyone have any experience with League?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
My mate went 53-0.

Got accused of boosting by our teammates, said they had the match saved and they're going to YouTube it to get him banned.

He wasn't boosting, but I SOOO hope they upload that video so everyone can see. If they do I'll link it here.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
My mate went 53-0.

Got accused of boosting by our teammates, said they had the match saved and they're going to YouTube it to get him banned.

He wasn't boosting, but I SOOO hope they upload that video so everyone can see. If they do I'll link it here.
Rofl. People just can't handle that someone may be better than them. It's sad, really.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
He sent my mate a message calling him a "boosting ***", so we responded with an invite to watch the match in theater and said he could invite all his friends if he wanted.

He refused.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Xbox with you? I already miss Deltod :(

Oh, and once I play again, I'm gonna play some ground war to get those challenges. I've been watching lots of streams and on a good connection with bad kids, GW is sooooo easy.
Nah. It'd be super impractical for me to have one anyways, as I lack my own TV as well. My room also doesn't really lend itself towards holding a decent XBox TV anyways. I could play on a tiny *** CRT, I guess.

Just wait until March, my love.

Fletch

Smash Master
Lost my first league game today; went to extended time, and it was CTF (which I've never played on BO2 before, and I admittedly sucked at it). Still something like 12-1 in League, and I'm now in the top ten in the Platinum division for mosh pit. Hopefully be in Master League soon, and then it will be time for me to be put in my place.

Top Bottom