• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaziken as a playable character for brawl.

kaid

Smash Master
THAT is the line I remember. It makes no distinction between the changes to Kirby (minor hitbox changes) and the changes to Gannondorf(which NEED to be a full new moveset), and says absolutely NOTHING about new characters.

Sakurai was being obscure, and thus, we cannot draw any solid conclusions from it.

Wrath`

Smash Master
That will make a lot of colne user adapt to there new move sets.They cant change them completely though.You have to have some of the same killer finishers.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Don't go too fare with that post. As I have seen, I will be looking for the statement about it. But untill than, I will not give my thoughts on that quote seeing as I have a feeling it's the "proof" (or part of it) that clones are being changed along with other characters.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
Blaziken can very easily be a stockier clone of Captain Falcon, sort of how Dr Mario is to Mario. Here's a sample moveset.

Up B: Sky Uppercut(grabs the opponent)
Down B: Blaze Kick
B: Focus Punch
Side B: Fire Punch

Wrath`

Smash Master
Blaziken can very easily be a stockier clone of Captain Falcon, sort of how Dr Mario is to Mario. Here's a sample moveset.

Up B: Sky Uppercut(grabs the opponent)
Down B: Blaze Kick
B: Focus Punch
Side B: Fire Punch
We already have a great move set thanks to b/light.
Also we are trying to get rid of clones or making clones more original.Not adding more.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't matter. This topic was created in early August, which was way beyond when the toukouken ended. And I tend to favor Lucario, Deoxys, Lance, and Team Rocket over Blaziken.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Doesn't matter. This topic was created in early August, which was way beyond when the toukouken ended. And I tend to favor Lucario, Deoxys, Lance, and Team Rocket over Blaziken.
Actually, that move-set is to show how she COULD fight and how unique she can be to stop people from saying BS like "she would just be a Falcon clone".
Im sure the divs will make her a great and unique character if she gets in (in other words, she WOULDN'T be a clone if she got in).

Black/Light

Smash Master
THAT is the line I remember. It makes no distinction between the changes to Kirby (minor hitbox changes) and the changes to Gannondorf(which NEED to be a full new moveset), and says absolutely NOTHING about new characters.

Sakurai was being obscure, and thus, we cannot draw any solid conclusions from it.
I have come to a end in my research (actually just to lazy to reread SP translations).

As said by Sakurai there WILL be changes made to the returning characters on a large scale. One can assume that after stressing that he wants more unique characters to be ADDED and that the reasons for clones was because of his time limate that he will, in some way, change the clones to some degree well they are "remaking/ redoing/ rebuilding" the returners. One can also assume that if he wants to add unique characters then he wouldn't make them clones given the fact that they are not rushng brawl like melee.

There, that about sums it up:p

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Roy as to Marth as: Fox is to Falco/ Wolf is to Fox as: C.Falcon is to Ganon./ Mario is to Luigi as: Dr. Mario is to Mario.

These analogies are refering to "Luigified" clones in Melee. One has believe that there will be a fair share of clones in Brawl. The clones will be based off of rivalries, people from the same game, brothers, & characters that are put on the game due to fan base & popular demand (Hint Hint: Ganon having a similar moveset to Falcon yet they are from totally different games). That's what I think.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Yeah, The divs would DECLONE a already clone character and than make another CLONE of the original character that was cloned in the first place, even after they said that they don't want any more CLONES of characters.
Riiiight. . . .:dizzy:
Blaziken couldn't do much besides what C. Falcon can do. Fire punches, fire kicks... Thats it.

If Blaziken does get in, he'll either be a clone or semi-clone of Falcon. Anyone that thinks can see that.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
people dont shut up about this sort of stuff until someone makes a good point that the opposition cant counter. whining to get your way doesnt work.

Black/Light

Smash Master
^ your sanji sig animation looks like Shiek+Captian Falcon. Hardly unique.
One, I don't see Shiek coming back nor do I see her much in this sig.
Two, I don't see anything mainly Falcon in that simply lil sig. Seems you are focusing only on the few reg kicks
3, you don't think the mix of a ninja and a US kick boxer is unique (according to what you seem to see in that sig)?
F-O- people dont shut up about this sort of stuff until someone makes a good point that the opposition cant counter. whining to get your way doesnt work.
Actually, I KEEP making good points about this and I KEEP countering these points. . . haters will say w/e they want no matter what people do.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
One, I don't see Shiek coming back nor do I see her much in this sig.
Two, I don't see anything Falcon in that simply lil sig. There maybe a downward hill that looks like Samus or Snake's but thats it.
Speaking of the sig, I hope you don't mind that I borrowed the gif and put it into my "Duster from Earthbound 2" thread. Sanji fights almost exactly how Duster should fight.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Go ahead. :p
LOL, I didn't make it, I just saw it and asked the person using it how I could get the URL.

kaid

Smash Master
CF Ftilt, Shiek upsmash, ftilt again, Ftilt, CF utilt, CF Dtilt 2x, Ftilt, and a Ftilt angled low.

So really, the only shiek is the upsmash. my bad. It IS a captian falcon clone.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
CF Ftilt, Shiek upsmash, ftilt again, Ftilt, CF utilt, CF Dtilt 2x, Ftilt, and a Ftilt angled low.

I'm pretty sure Captain Falcon uses his hands at least somewhere down the line.

Black/Light

Smash Master

. . . .Wow, your doing exactly what I thought, paying too much attention to the reg kicks.

I actually had to go back and try to find out just how Shiek's attack looks. It doesn't look like that. . . it looks something like it but in the "break dancer" form of it (wind mill).
The actual meet of this is the hand stand windmill kick and the one hand brace side kick combu and maybe the sly down hill. . . not the reg kicks.
(really, how much can you expect from a lil animated gif?)

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
blaziken would be excellent ! but the thing is wouldnt his moveset resemble the same as Captain Falcon ?

Wrath`

Smash Master
people dont shut up about this sort of stuff until someone makes a good point that the opposition cant counter. whining to get your way doesnt work.
I'm not whining.I'm just say that these unkowing n00bs need to read the post before so they can see blaziken has all the potiential in the world to not be a clone of c. falcon

blaziken would be excellent ! but the thing is wouldnt his moveset resemble the same as Captain Falcon ?
Read the post a few pages back were b/light made an exelent move set for him.Also tell all the other unknowing n00bs that blaziken is not a clone c. falcon.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
wrath, people arent noobs because they dont listen to you. besides, noone is going to look at that moveset unless 1: its on the first useless post or 2: its posted on every page. nobody goes onto threads and reads every post because they know most of them are spam. do you go to threads to read 13 pages of them just to make sure that you arent missing something? if you dont, are you a noob? your logic sucks.

besides, the fact that blaziken has a nearly identical fighting style to c falcon (ignore capewateva that it never used in reality), it would seem like a clone to anyone at first glance.
the only thing that really makes blaziken unique is B/L's definition of unique which states that everything has to be unique no matter how comparable it is with something else. i dont really understand how this definition works, for if it did, the word "unique" wouldnt really have a meaning.

anyway, dont go around calling people noobs until you have done something yourself that isnt noobish. that doesnt include flaming and spamming.

Wrath`

Smash Master
@ f oni. Me and b/light have said enough times to peeps who think blaze would a clone of captian falcon that wouldnt be.

I dont care about doing somthing major.I'm just here to support others ideas,say my own,argu and see insperation from others.

Besides what have you done besids make a droginite moveset.

You seem to be one of the few who hate me.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I cannot stand blaziken...
They usually put the starters in pokeballs (except todadile :( )... so blaziken can just be there... it isnt important enough to be a playable character... (its way ugly too...)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
http://64.72.117.249/pokedex-dp/257.shtml
There I just proved she can do many things Falcon can't.
Prove your bolded.
You think I didn't know Blaziken didn't know non-physical moves?

Please, just try and under stand: It would make more sense to have Blaziken as a (semi) clone of C. Falcon. They both have the same fighting techniques. Sure, Blaziken could have a Flamethrower or Fire Blast. Jiggs could have, too. But why did they go with Jiggs current moveset...? Because it fit her character better! Blaziken is more of a fighter.

Don't argue. I can tell you're a strong Blaziken fan. It'd be like arguing with E.T. about whether or not aliens exist.

Actually, I KEEP making good points about this and I KEEP countering these points
Lo freakin' l.

EDIT: Oh, yes, Blaziken is voiced by a male.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well look who it is, it's Corax! (Shade salutes to Corax).

Sorry bro, I'm gonna have to disagree. Blaziken has a shot like everybody else to make it to Brawl.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
w00t! shade...

Its a worthless pokemon and letting that piece of garbage in wouldnt be fair to the other starters... :(

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I could say the same for Lucario, but I like both Blaziken & Lucario.

How in the world could you hate Blaziken? He's a Muay Thai Kickboxer for goodness sake.

Black/Light

Smash Master
do you go to threads to read 13 pages of them just to make sure that you arent missing something? if you dont, are you a noob? your logic sucks.
Actually, to make sure I don't look like a ***, I glance over the last few pages of a thread. . . guess Im just a fast reader :ohwell:

besides, the fact that blaziken has a nearly identical fighting style to c falcon (ignore capewateva that it never used in reality), it would seem like a clone to anyone at first glance.
1. BLAZE DOESN'T HAVE A TACTED ON FIGHTING STLYE. NO 2 Blaziken's in the anime had the same fighting style. . . .the only thing they have in common is that they do Blaze Kick (and each one did that ONE move differently)
2. In reality Blaze is a non living character. . . what "reality" are you talking about? Games, anime. . . w/e you make up? As I keep saying, which you can't seem to understand, is that I use examples based on what the actual game says. Game says Blaze can jump 30+ feet in the air. . .O.K, good leg power. Game says she can kick over 10 times a second. . .O.K, good kicking/ likes to kick/ can kick very fast. . . they never said she uses her hands alot. What does that add up to? A character that mostly kicks and uses her legs alot.
3. At "first glance" Blaze just seems like a good character to most people that like her. People just see things differently.

the only thing that really makes blaziken unique is B/L's definition of unique which states that everything has to be unique no matter how comparable it is with something else. i dont really understand how this definition works, for if it did, the word "unique" wouldnt really have a meaning.
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/Unique
usage Many commentators have objected to the comparison or modification (as by somewhat or very) of unique, often asserting that a thing is either unique or it is not. Objections are based chiefly on the assumption that unique has but a single absolute sense, an assumption contradicted by information readily available in a dictionary.
------------------
With popular use came a broadening of application beyond the original two meanings (here numbered 1 and 2a). In modern use both comparison and modification are widespread and standard but are confined to the extended senses 2b and 3.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unique Read "useage note" part. I couldn't care less about how YOU use a word when the dif has more than one meaning. . . .

Really, if you want to keep argueing "unique" than why did you let the other argument go? Go reply to my last reply to you on the other thread about this or act like you actually learned something from it.

You think I didn't know Blaziken didn't know non-physical moves?
Zook is it. . .?
Yeah zook, when you say "CF can do everything Blaze can" than I assume that you don't know that Blaze has way more actual atacks than he that don't include "add fire to hand/ feet and attack".
Because it fit her character better! Blaziken is more of a fighter.
If you knew your Blaze history than you would know that there actually isn't a on going fighting technique in the Blaze. Based soly on her pokey info Tae Kwon Do would probly be the closest thing to a Blaze "style" of fighting.
(And blaze is a fire type before all)

Oh, and Ash/ Bart [insert random anime or cartoon boy] VA are female. . .whats your point?

p.s. If you don't want to argue than. . . don't. Now isn't that smart?

Top Bottom