• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaziken as a playable character for brawl.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
It's soon going to be pass the tissuses for surup over here.:laugh:

There will be 4 pokemon: pika,the bunny,The kick azz looking one jpn will give to us/europe and mewtwo/jpuff(one of them will get droped)
pass the tissues? This entire site is about sharing opinions. Why would I be mad at anyone. I respect his opinion too.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
There will be 4 pokemon: pika,the bunny,The kick azz looking one jpn will give to us/europe and mewtwo/jpuff(one of them will get droped)
please, don't talk about your opinions as if you are so sure that they are facts. its is unbelievably annoying
This isn't getting anywhere fast so lets just agree to disagree.
no, i don't think i will... i'm not gonna let you go around poke hating with no good reason.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I know B/L answered what I posted b4, but I still got give my opinion abut this:

Blaziken is a starter, yes, and hes the more requested starter true, but when the 1sr gen/2nd gen was released, they didnt add charizard, dragonite, or whoever was popular back then, they add pikachu for being the mascot, dont know why jigly but shes in there, mewtwo for being a unique pkmn in the 1st gane that could actually fight, and pichu but they added him cause they need to fill up the roster and thus they added him, I know what u mean about the pikacu thing, but I didnt ment he was ash's pikachu, NEVER did U said that, I said he was the mascot, and thus he was included, we can make an exception with pikachu, being generic yes, but either thanx to the anime or whatever, hes the mascot and nothing will change that...

When I said more unique pkmn must be in brawl, u pointed at ur moveset, but cmon with those standards we can make tyrogue unique, I mean in the actual PKMN game, not in smash, deoxys is unique, having multiple forms and can changes his arms into tentacles and hands at will, implement that in smash, and u got a unique pkmn, the same with lucario, just seeing him in the movie gave me ideas for smash, thus he can be a fighter, if we just add characters by theire popularity, Minchlax will be the one in,being considered the mascot of the new gen pkmn, or so I heard...

I know blaziken can be unique, and hell I was impressed the 1st time I saw him myself, but I wouldnt like him in smash, cause it would be unfair to the other starters, that at one point were very popular (dont bash me for this, this is my opinion after all), I just wanna c character that are one of a kind, like deoxys, and mewtwo (better stats/less lag), and im pretty sure munchlax will be in couse of exagerated popularity, so if deoxys, lucario, a new mewtwo are in, the I wouldnt mind if blaziken is in...

Wrath`

Smash Master
All right fierce oni let me say what I've wanted to say to you.You are like talking to a wall.You dont see other peoples points.You are not imanginitive based on the fact of say sertiant moveset can be clones.You say i have pointless arguments.You do to.I accsept peoples ideas.You dont.You also rant about usless stuff.Coulndt just leave a n00b to hate.Had to start a ussless argumen.I might do that to ,but I admit it.You've also called me a n00b.No raeson,Ive done nothing n00bish.And your stuck on yourself.If you dont want this to be the outlook i and others give you.Then show a bit more respect.

You will do one of the fowolling
1.pass this post over
2.read it and flame me
3.read it and extrapulate the hell out of it.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
yeah... too bad it is BS made by a stubborn respectless nOOb...
dude.nOOb means im new to the site. I have owned every nintendo console an own pokemon red, leaf green, emerald, ruby, silver, and stadium. I think i know my stuff well enough to make my own opinion. And "respectless"? Pokemon Red version is one of my favorite games. I have respect for the franchise. Now lets just drop it.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
dude.nOOb means im new to the site. I have owned every nintendo console an own pokemon red, leaf green, emerald, ruby, silver, and stadium. I think i know my stuff well enough to make my own opinion. And "respectless"? Pokemon Red version is one of my favorite games. I have respect for the franchise. Now lets just drop it.
:rolleyes: reread that post... i wasn't talking about you...

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well he aint a nOOb either and hasnt said anything that would put that title on him.
yeah, you would know...

gee wrath, you're a psychic! you can predict the limited amount of options i have!
unless this isn't obvious, i don't care about your opinions. you are a nOOb that has only come to this forum to succeed in your goal to annoy people. based on about every experience i've had with you, all you do is make up BS in hopes of "winning" an argument and develop enemies. you dont even want to make any points. you should stop coming to this forums because all your really doing is spamming.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .I hope this is the closer. . .
Blaziken is a starter, yes, and hes the more requested starter true, but when the 1sr gen/2nd gen was released, they didnt add charizard, dragonite, or whoever was popular back then, they add pikachu for being the mascot, dont know why jigly but shes in there
Yeah, Char was popular. . . But NO pokemon in the US was as popular as Pika, and Jpuff got in because she was the most popular pokemon in Japan which made 1 US loved pokey and 1 Japan loved pokey in SSB. Brower was VERY popular before SSB. . . .why didn't he get in? Because Lugia was more popular and not many characters where able to get into SSB.
mewtwo for being a unique pkmn in the 1st gane that could actually fight, and pichu but they added him cause they need to fill up the roster and thus they added him,
Mew2 was the most wanted pokemon back than (Yes, more than Char) and Pichu, believe it or not, was actually popular before SSBM so he got in too (also because he is 2nd gen).
I know what u mean about the pikacu thing, but I didnt ment he was ash's pikachu, NEVER did U said that, I said he was the mascot, and thus he was included, we can make an exception with pikachu, being generic yes, but either thanx to the anime or whatever, hes the mascot and nothing will change that...
. . . .Never did I say he wasn't the mascot. I just said Smash Pika is just a random Pika but the Pika breed/ image as a whole was the mascot.
When I said more unique pkmn must be in brawl, u pointed at ur moveset, but cmon with those standards we can make tyrogue unique, I mean in the actual PKMN game, not in smash, deoxys is unique, having multiple forms and can changes his arms into tentacles and hands at will, implement that in smash, and u got a unique pkmn, the same with lucario, just seeing him in the movie gave me ideas for smash, thus he can be a fighter, if we just add characters by theire popularity, Minchlax will be the one in,being considered the mascot of the new gen pkmn, or so I heard...
1. Don't get me started on how over hyped the whole "Deoxy changes form" crap is. In the end he is just a powerful psy legendary event pokemon that comes in different forms according to which game you get him in. He most likely wouldn't transform in smash. . . they would probly just change his appearance according to his actions (which is already being done in smash).
2. Lucario is also overly hyped. He does one attack in the movie which isn't actually his sig attack. . . .and he looks coo. . . . wow:ohwell: . His stats arnt even great, just alil above arvg.
3. For the 4th gen, Mimirol seems to be Japan's new Jpuff (Pokey mascot)

I know blaziken can be unique, and hell I was impressed the 1st time I saw him myself, but I wouldnt like him in smash, cause it would be unfair to the other starters, that at one point were very popular (dont bash me for this, this is my opinion after all),
Im not going to bash you, you openly said it's your opinion. But I would like to ask you something about the makers of Pokemon and Nintendo. . . do you think that it's "fair" to all the starters that Blaziken, Char and Blast where the only ones out of all 9 to get 11' in tall talking action figures? Do you think it's fair to the lil blue croc that he was the only starter to not be in melee? Really, it's coo if you have your own opinion but Nintendo (and maybe GameFreak) have shown that they couldn't care less about treating all of the starters the same because, from the time they are seen, theres always going to be the "most popular starter" and thats going to be the one that gets the most promo.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i disagree with your opinion that nintendo don't treat all the starters the same, B/L. action figures? thats nothing big.totodile not a pokeball pokemon? it still got a trophy, and being a pokeball pokemon isn't very important anyway, unlike being a character. has nintendo ever given a starter a bigger role than another in any of its games? i don't recall that ever happening.

nintendo try and make every starter seem equally as important. you know why, right? if 1 starter is made more important than another, there would be a huge imbalance. whenever someone would get the chance to pick a starter, if they have witnessed a certain starter to be important than the rest, they would pick the more important starter.

the next thing you know, the other 2 starters dont seem to exist anymore because noone would pick them. if they put blaziken as the only starter character, everyone would pick it as their starter if they get the choice to. you may be wondering why this is a bad thing... because it would destroy the need for trading in the pokemon games.

noone would be able to aquire the other starters because noone else would have picked them. (ehhh... maybe i'm going a little to deep, but my point is, if they obviously make 1 starter seem more important than the rest, it would trigger a bad imbalance)

Black/Light

Smash Master
*Sigh* Guess I should reply before going to sleep. . . EBA is tirer
i disagree with your opinion that nintendo don't treat all the starters the same, B/L. action figures? thats nothing big.totodile not a pokeball pokemon? it still got a trophy, and being a pokeball pokemon isn't very important anyway, unlike being a character. has nintendo ever given a starter a bigger role than another in any of its games? i don't recall that ever happening.
Actually, action figures bring in a lot of money. Thats part of why pokemon is Nintendo's 2nd highest selling series, they sell things like Cards, giga pets, toys, action figures and so on. They don't just throw ANY pokemon on these things, they choose the most popular to use on such things so for them to not give EVERY starter but the most liked and popular ones (Blaze/ Char/ Blast) means that they want to get people to buy said item by modeling it after only the most liked starter pokemon.
And if you actually look at the pokemon in pokeyballs you would notice that they where (the 2nd gen) all Promo pokemon that where well known/ popular so they arnt randomly choosen (they hold some level of importance by being promo pokeys).

Nintendo try and make every starter seem equally as important. you know why, right? if 1 starter is made more important than another, there would be a huge imbalance. whenever someone would get the chance to pick a starter, if they have witnessed a certain starter to be important than the rest, they would pick the more important starter.
. . . What? Starters are just that. . . .the pokemon you start off with. They are your beginning partner and nothing more in the games. What Im pointing out is that they don't think "every starter has to have a w/e" when they are doing things like making toys (and we all know that toymon are choosen for a reason, popularity) and other things that invol popularity to gets money.

the next thing you know, the other 2 starters dont seem to exist anymore because noone would pick them. if they put blaziken as the only starter character, everyone would pick it as their starter if they get the choice to. you may be wondering why this is a bad thing... because it would destroy the need for trading in the pokemon games.
1. . . .What are you going on about?
2. There are MANY "one version only" pokemon which is part of the reason they have you trade (actually, thats the main reason. . . "gota catch em all!". Collect them all. . . not just starters)

noone would be able to aquire the other starters because noone else would have picked them. (ehhh... maybe i'm going a little to deep, but my point is, if they obviously make 1 starter seem more important than the rest, it would trigger a bad imbalance)
1. You seem more. . .confused than "deep".
2. The anime has this one pokemon Ash has come back alot more than the others. . . Char, right? Ya know, this old a$$ pokemon that comes back sometimes to help Ash well his other starters rarely get thought of in the land of Oak. I would think thats unbalanced. But no, it's just them picking pokemon by popularity. Char is powerful and popular so they bring him back some times. . .does that mean everyone picks Char? No.
3. Saying people would only pick the starter that they think is "important" is like saying everyone gets a Pika because he is the mascot. People pick pokemon by either the type they like, stats they like or the pokemon that like.

My whole point is that nintendo doesn't go " If we make this for one starter we have to do the same for them all!" because they actually show that they will make huge crap for one starter and not do the same for them all. Thats why Bulba is the only starter with a Palm talking toy well 3 bad a$$ starters get huge 11'in talking toys. Again I say. . . " Starters are just that. . . .the pokemon you start off with. They are your beginning partner and nothing more in the games. What Im pointing out is that they don't think "every starter has to have a w/e" when they are doing things like making toys (and we all know that toymon are choosen for a reason, popularity) and other things that invol popularity to gets money."

Wrath`

Smash Master
yeah, you would know...

gee wrath, you're a psychic! you can predict the limited amount of options i have!
unless this isn't obvious, i don't care about your opinions. you are a nOOb that has only come to this forum to succeed in your goal to annoy people. based on about every experience i've had with you, all you do is make up BS in hopes of "winning" an argument and develop enemies. you dont even want to make any points. you should stop coming to this forums because all your really doing is spamming.
I takes a n00b to know a n00b.

I have made good non BS points,but then again all you do is care about your own posts.
You seem to be the only one who hates me.
I didnt come here to annoy people,but i guess anoying you is a cool side prize.

ON TOPIC:Jpn will give the americas it's one kickazz pokemon.And it will br the one with the most popular fanbase in america/europe.Dont say lucario just because hes winnig the polls here.There are peeps who dont even come here who could be blaziken fans.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I want Blaziken in Brawl, nmore than Lucario (Lucario as Legendary SUCKS)

Sky upercut can be a same as Roy, but if it hit you, you get double kiked (in the sweet point, in the rest, you are hited a bit only). Also, if you was double kiked, Blaze can do trhe 2nd jump and the up b again (like he lands in the enemy head :S)

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
lucario isnt legendary for the last time. he just had a movie. think Slowking in the lugia movie, or the pichu bros.

really, i'll say what i've said in all other poke threads for blaze. although i'd like for him to be in the game as a playable, he'd probably just be another pokeball char.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
3. Saying people would only pick the starter that they think is "important" is like saying everyone gets a Pika because he is the mascot.
lol... auctually, that's exactly what happens. people only use pikachu at all because it is the mascot. "no! i don't wanna evolve my pikachu! i wish i was Ash...."

I takes a n00b to know a n00b.
no, it doesn't. you're making up BS as always...
I have made good non BS points,
see? you're making up BS again. you can't use your opinions as if they're facts.
but then again all you do is care about your own posts.
what is that meant to mean?
You seem to be the only one who hates me.
i never said i hate you... i just wish you would think before you post and stop being such a nOOb... "what? i'm contradicting myself? no, you're lying! you're a brick wall!"
I didnt come here to annoy people,but i guess anoying you is a cool side prize.
you came here to beat people in arguments without even wanting to make any points, and make enemies in the process. now you're saying that annoying your so called "enemies" gives you satisfaction? you're making up BS again. you can't say that you didn't come here to annoy people and say that you enjoy annoying people in the same post. contradiction.
ON TOPIC:Jpn will give the americas it's one kickazz pokemon.And it will br the one with the most popular fanbase in america/europe.Dont say lucario just because hes winnig the polls here.There are peeps who dont even come here who could be blaziken fans.
you're being ignorant. where's your source? wait, thats right. you don't have one.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
wrath i hate you as well

and no, if the pattern of pokemon keep up, the next pokeball will have blaze in it

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
Blaze was my starter in Ruby so yeah I'd like to see him in brawl. I much rather see dragonite though. Here be's a move list.
B- shoots fire from wrists like bowser's but stays up off the ground
B^- he looks up then does a speedy sky uppercut
B<+>- brings wrists together and shoots a fire-ball
Bdown- Blaze kick (like C.F.'s except when in air he goes straight down)
A's- punches and kicks
Super Smash- jumps to the top of the screen then does eruption raining fire and rock on all who dare oppose him

Black/Light

Smash Master
wrath i hate you as well

and no, if the pattern of pokemon keep up, the next pokeball will have blaze in it
. . . .If the "pattern" of pokemon keeps up than there will be a new Pika rip (Probly the 4th gen one) and another Psy legendary with effed up stats. . .

The only "pattern" is that they are all popular pokemon. . .but 2 of anything =/= a pattern (Math class FTW).

F-O lol... auctually, that's exactly what happens. people only use pikachu at all because it is the mascot. "no! i don't wanna evolve my pikachu! i wish i was Ash...."
Maybe thats how your friends act. . . . most people I know that played this game only like the strong and above arvge pokemon they find and the evol their Pikas at first sight.
F-O you're being ignorant. where's your source? wait, thats right. you don't have one.
Im not trying to cover for WoK or anything but by using math you can see that only a some fraction of the people that go to this web-site actually voted on either poll. . . and even with the Nsider's number of users you will find that that+this sites number of members are only a very small fraction of the amount of people who actually got SSBM.
Than, using logic, you can assume that a least 2/3s of the people who got R/S know who Blaziken is (but we all know that anyone who has that game most likely knows her) well D/P isn't out yet and Lucario's movie went right under people's noses here (didn't get any real promo).
The online fan-base=very small amount of people who have/ had/ will get SSBM and are going to get Brawl.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
i was talking for pokeballs man. if the pattern of pokemon playables would show up, then that means that there will be pikachu, jiggs, and 2-4 others we dont know (we cant be sure, there is only 1 game with pokemon other than those two [Melee]) that first statement was full of ignorance and hatred for the pkmn in melee (i dont blame you)

and two of something can be a pattern. think of procreation

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Im not trying to cover for WoK or anything but by using math you can see that only a some fraction of the people that go to this web-site actually voted on either poll. . . and even with the Nsider's number of users you will find that that+this sites number of members are only a very small fraction of the amount of people who actually got SSBM.
Than, using logic, you can assume that a least 2/3s of the people who got R/S know who Blaziken is (but we all know that anyone who has that game most likely knows her) well D/P isn't out yet and Lucario's movie went right under people's noses here (didn't get any real promo).
The online fan-base=very small amount of people who have/ had/ will get SSBM and are going to get Brawl.
ehhh... i quoted too much... i wasn't replying about the bottom part about online fan base. i was just replying about his opinion on what type of pokemon will be characters.

Black/Light

Smash Master
In pokeballs, they have shown that one out of every 6 starters arnt pokeballed therefore, by that logic, they well not pokeball 2 starters. . .
And we are only "sure" of Pika being in (I can see Jpuff being puffed out).

I may not like M2 stats or Pichu's cloneness but I don't hate them (Make M2 better than he was and replace Pichu with the either P&M or 4th gen Pika, make it unique and fun and I wouldn't care that it's something like Pika) . . . and that actaully gos with the "pattern" that you think there is.

And 2 things=/=a pattern. Answer this pattern. . .
1. . 2. .

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
3, or 4, or any othre number, we know that, because we know alot of numbers. we havent had anything else to compare with except 2 other games. so we can guess what may or may not happen in the next game.

by logic, they could either pokeball all starters, pokeball one starter, or not pokeball 2 starters. you have to look at all aspects of the pattern

Black/Light

Smash Master
They are in the same context.
1 thing happens. . . .than another thing happens.

There isn't a on going pattern with 2 variables because something/ some event needs at least 3 variables to become a pattern. You can't just say "we can guess whats going to happen by looking at the other 2" because theres nothing in does 2 games that make up a pattern.
You have. . .a different goal on the divs part/ more people working on this game/ more time to make this game/ different factures of popularity going on/ unknown things the divs are now looking for that they weren't before and so on. So you can't just compare te last to to make up a pattern.

"Look at all aspect of the pattern" that = you failing. . .

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
there would not be, if there were any other availiable variables. you can guess, which now steps outside of math and goes into science, making an inference, something of a hypothesis. A statement that guess what will happen based on facts and observations made from the past. yo uhave to open up and see the full spectrum and then view all the results, then make an educated guess based on these results.

lets look:

ssb=1gen fire starter in pokeball;1st gen Water starter in pokeball;1st gen grass starter nowhere

ssbm=1st gen starters in pokeball; 2nd gen fire and grass starter in pokeball; 2nd gen water starter as trphy, still included in game.

ssbb inference (this is what i can guess at this time)= 1st and 2nd gen starters in pokeball; 3rd gen starters in pokeball, cept water starter, who will be a trphy/collectable item (highly possible data based on previous results)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i doubt they will make a pattern out of skipping water starters because of one absence. IMO, totodile's pokeball absence (as well as alot of other pokemon in melee that only appeared on trophys) must have been because of the limited amount of development time for melee. i can't find any other explanation why they only put some pokemon on trophies.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
yea, it that struck me after i left. then again, in the first game they left out a starter, so i dunno

Black/Light

Smash Master
there would not be, if there were any other availiable variables. you can guess, which now steps outside of math and goes into science, making an inference, something of a hypothesis. A statement that guess what will happen based on facts and observations made from the past. yo uhave to open up and see the full spectrum and then view all the results, then make an educated guess based on these results.

lets look:

ssb=1gen fire starter in pokeball;1st gen Water starter in pokeball;1st gen grass starter nowhere

ssbm=1st gen starters in pokeball; 2nd gen fire and grass starter in pokeball; 2nd gen water starter as trphy, still included in game.

ssbb inference (this is what i can guess at this time)= 1st and 2nd gen starters in pokeball; 3rd gen starters in pokeball, cept water starter, who will be a trphy/collectable item (highly possible data based on previous results)
So you are basing your whole point on a guess?
Like I said, there arnt enuff variables to make any type of accurate guess.
You want to look at the "full spectrum" than you also have to look at the differences between now and then, the different goals of the divs now, the change in the direction of the game and you would STILL not be able to come up with anything seeming like a pattern. Also, as we can all see, M2 broke the "legendaries are pokeballed" thing before it could be seen as some kind of rule. . .Right? Wasn't there legendary pokemon in pokeballs in SSB? And M2 got in melee right?

And you are making your guess based souly on the assumption that theres a pattern which, as I have pointed out, there is not enuff variables for. Again, with that logic HALF the pokemon in Brawl are going to be Pika and some form of pika with one pokemon added thats liked greatly in Japan (Gard, Mimirol), unless you are willing to back this "guess" of mine up (seeing as it goes by your logic) than I would like it if you didn't try to play such a lame reason on me again son. . .
(But, then again, this is all just your opinion right?)

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
yea, it's IMO based on reasearch done in the other games, and again this is for pokeball characters, not playables. You'd have to come up with a whole other pattern for them, because there are a few more chioces that have to be done to determine this. There wouldnt be enough variables if there were more games or even more info to base this on. there isnt, so the variables are fine to distinguish certai behaviors of the games. Ex.

Halo 1-Giant Battlesuited Human against aliens
Halo 2- Giant Battlesuited Human against aliens,
Halo 3- what do you think? another game on how Master Chief kick the *** of some por alien race? possibly, whic hwould be a logical and pattern like guess, seeing as though the past two have the exact same thing. We can guess this by what has happened i the past, and it isnt like there are going to be amillion games in this sereis in the future. you have to use what info you've gathered to hypothetically guess some results. Two variables d onot make a pattern, if we were dealing with numbers. There are two directions for games in a series. same character line, or shoot for something new. I decided to make a guess on if they stuck with same character line.

my pattern isnt for the playable character, as you think it is, but for pokeball characters themselves. The characters have thier own pattern.

and has anyone else noticed this ravenlance idiot?

Top Bottom