• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, it doesn't mean that hudson is finished with mario party. It could have been that nintendo wanted something different, hudson didn't, so they decided to sit out MP9 and get back to mario party in MP10 doesn't it?
Hudson doesn't exist anymore, they were absorbed into Konami. I think it's safe to assume they're done with Mario Party.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Well, Hudson or not. I can only imagine what MP10 is gonna be like, you know, if they tried to implement online play in Mario Party for once it might just re-catch my interest.

On topic: You can pretty much add me to the Bomberman support list as well, i've loved his games ever since childhood and he's one of my top choices for a 3rd party newcomer.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Whatever the case, I want him in way more than Megaman.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
So how does this work? I know Konami now owns Hudson but did they really just made it vanish like that? It just let it die? Still I am with Bomberman in, our personal philosophy is that anyone who came in contact with a Nintendo character, has the right to get in; and Bomberman did meet Wario. Same deal for someone from Soul Calibur needs to be in, Pac-Man and someone from Samurai Warriors but not sure who.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All Bomberman gaves that were planned have been cancelled so it doesn't look good for Bomberman.

Bomberman 3DS was planned but cancelled which disappoints me almost as much as the Mega Man game.

And no, Bomberman AT would be stupid. AT is NOT a satisfying result for anyone

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
How about bomberman as an AT if not playable? I think it would be mega.
No. I want to play as him. it's been many years since i last played my favorite third party franchise. (Bomberman) So i'd prefer him as a playable. Plus, it wouldn't satisfy people if he wasn't.

Anyway, Bomberman is one of those characters who should be in the game but is phased out by the more popular characters.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
All Bomberman gaves that were planned have been cancelled so it doesn't look good for Bomberman.

Bomberman 3DS was planned but cancelled which disappoints me almost as much as the Mega Man game.

And no, Bomberman AT would be stupid. AT is NOT a satisfying result for anyone
This is somewhat similar to what I asked. While Capcom wants for MegaMan to fade into obscurity; Konami wants the same for all of Hudson, right?

At times I also believe Master Higgins deserves to be in, due that he was also highly related to Nintendo; despite I rarely play any of his games. But if Bomberman can't get in...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Honestly, if Bomberman did get in, Master Higgins still wouldn't really have much of a chance at getting in. (He's even more obscure than Bomberman and then Bonk is even more obscure than Higgins.)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So im bored.

Heres my attempt at a moveset for Bomberman.

Emblem:

Neutral Special: Bomb throw/Bomb Pump

Bomberman throws a bomb if you just tap the "B" button. If you hold the "B" button Bomberman will charge the bomb and make it larger and stronger.

Forward Special: Speed Up!

Bomberman charges forward at high speeds and smashes into his opponents.

Down Special: Remote Bomb

Bomberman will set a bomb on the ground that he can detonate when you tap the "B" button.

Up Special: Jet Pack

Bomberman puts on a jet pack and flies off. (Works like Diddy's up special and has the same distance. Except it doesn't need to charge up)

Final Smash: Looie/Rooey

Bomberman gets on Rooey and rides him around the stage dropping multiple bombs on the battle field. Occasionally he'll pull out Power Bombs. (The Power Bombs have the largest range but they have a small chance of appearing.)
still supporting Bomberman no matter what! Even if his chances are close to none.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
So im bored.

Heres my attempt at a moveset for Bomberman.

still supporting Bomberman no matter what! Even if his chances are close to none.
I was curious about the Bomberman thread and was gonna make a moveset, but it would've looked a lot like yours with the addendum that placed bombs could be attacked to knock them around the stage.

So, why is Bomberman so unpopular here? Two measly pages?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was curious about the Bomberman thread and was gonna make a moveset, but it would've looked a lot like yours with the addendum that placed bombs could be attacked to knock them around the stage.

So, why is Bomberman so unpopular here? Two measly pages?
Because his company died and no one believes he'd be possible.

All his games were cancelled and the company that now owns him already has a character in SMASH they feel are more important

It's not so much people dislike him as feel he's impossible

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If DLC get confirmed for Smash 4 i will definitely support the POSSIBILITY (still has to compete with Simon Belmont) of getting Bomberman.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Bomberman is awesome, and one of the few third parties I think is worthy of beingin Smash.

Bomberman, Sonic, Snake, Megaman, Geno, and Layton are always the highest scoring third parties on my polls.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Bomberman is actually my most wanted character for Smash that will probably get ignored in the full game and if theres DLC. (Even though i think Bomberman is more deserving then Simon. But thats just my opinion)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dislike the SSF series as a whole. Especially their use of anime characters and fanfic characters

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Does anyone wanna discuss about SSF2's Bomberman. I think his stage control makes him really fun to use.
He's very fun in SSF2. But his actual stage is broken as all hell.

I dislike the SSF series as a whole. Especially their use of anime characters and fanfic characters
My only problem with SSF is the fact that they have too many third parties and anime characters. SSF2 is still a fun game though. I'm glad their fanfic characters are gone.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He's very fun in SSB4. But his actual stage is broken as all hell.

My only problem with SSF is the fact that they have too many third parties and anime characters. SSF2 is still a fun game though. I'm glad their fanfic characters are gone.
*Because it's a fangame. They can add anyone. This is the only source where you can play as many 3rd parties for free.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Bomberman is actually my most wanted character for Smash that will probably get ignored in the full game and if theres DLC. (Even though i think Bomberman is more deserving then Simon. But thats just my opinion)
I definitely think of the Castlevania series as being more Nintendo-ish, but they both would be great additions. Bomberman's probably more iconic as a character than Simon Belmont, though.

Maybe his company/series dying isn't that bad of a thing for his inclusion... It could make Konami lend out the character more liberally seeing as there's not really a particular downside to letting others use the character and it would honor the history of a beloved character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He plays enough like Bomberman already.

Bomberman 64 was awesome btw.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I really like the idea but with namco and capcom being more likely to get a rep I'm becoming skeptical of bomberman's chances. That and smash being largely reserved as a first party only all star game.

I think I may remove him from my roster. Bomber would fit in excellently though.

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
"In James Herd’s recent Game Lists entry over at Pixcelation, titled Game Lists: Top 5 Super Smash Bros. Characters (Slightly Satire), he jokingly suggested 5 characters who could make the cut for Super Smash Bros. 4: Clementine from Telltale’s The Walking Dead, Banjo and Kazooie, the Call of Duty: Ghosts Dog, Bomberman and Kamina from Gurren Lagann. James points out, though, that Bomberman “seems to make the most sense out of any of the entries on this list. This got me thinking: could Bomberman actually make the cut for SSB4?”

Source: List O' Games: 5 reasons Bomberman could be in Super Smash Bros. 4

What are your thoughts?

NOTE: Mods, sorry if there's already a Bomberman discussion thread...I didn't see any, otherwise I would have just posted it there.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
He's been left to die sadly.....as cool as Bomberman would have been Konami has left Hudson's children to die in the basement.

Top Bottom